Nonlinearities and the Macroeconomic Effects of Oil Prices
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hamilton, James D., 2011. "Nonlinearities And The Macroeconomic Effects Of Oil Prices," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(S3), pages 364-378, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Ravazzolo & Philip Rothman, 2013.
"Oil and U.S. GDP: A Real‐Time Out‐of‐Sample Examination,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(2-3), pages 449-463, March.
- Francesco Ravazzolo & Philip Rothman, 2010. "Oil and US GDP: A real-time out-of-sample examination," Working Paper 2010/18, Norges Bank.
- Francesco Ravazzolo & Philip Rothman, 2011. "Oil and US GDP: A Real-Time out-of Sample Examination," Working Papers No 2/2011, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Loungani, Prakash, 1986. "Oil Price Shocks and the Dispersion Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 536-539, August.
- Herrera, Ana María & Lagalo, Latika Gupta & Wada, Tatsuma, 2011. "Oil Price Shocks And Industrial Production: Is The Relationship Linear?," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(S3), pages 472-497, November.
- Valerie A. Ramey & Daniel J. Vine, 2011.
"Oil, Automobiles, and the U.S. Economy: How Much Have Things Really Changed?,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2010, Volume 25, pages 333-367
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valerie A. Ramey & Daniel J. Vine, 2010. "Oil, Automobiles, and the U.S. Economy: How Much have Things Really Changed?," NBER Working Papers 16067, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Apostolos Serletis, 2012. "Oil Price Uncertainty," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 8407, June.
- Engemann, Kristie M. & Kliesen, Kevin L. & Owyang, Michael T., 2011.
"Do Oil Shocks Drive Business Cycles? Some U.S. And International Evidence,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(S3), pages 498-517, November.
- Kristie M. Engemann & Kevin L. Kliesen & Michael T. Owyang, 2010. "Do oil shocks drive business cycles? some U.S. and international evidence," Working Papers 2010-007, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hamilton, James D., 2003. "What is an oil shock?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 363-398, April.
- Kiseok Lee & Shawn Ni & Ronald A. Ratti, 1995. "Oil Shocks and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Price Variability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 39-56.
- Leduc, Sylvain & Sill, Keith, 2004.
"A quantitative analysis of oil-price shocks, systematic monetary policy, and economic downturns,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 781-808, May.
- Sylvain Leduc & Keith Sill, 2001. "A quantitative analysis of oil-price shocks, systematic monetary policy, and economic downturns," Working Papers 01-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Cunado, Juncal & Perez de Gracia, Fernando, 2003.
"Do oil price shocks matter? Evidence for some European countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 137-154, March.
- Juncal Cuñado & Fernando Pérez de Gracia, "undated". "Do Oil Price Shocks Matter? Evidence For Some Europesan Countries," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 01-02, FEDEA.
- Juncal Cuñado & Fernando Pérez de Gracia, 2001. "Do oil price shocks matter? Evidence for some European countries," Working Papers 01-02, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Potter, Simon M., 2000. "Nonlinear impulse response functions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1425-1446, September.
- Lutz Kilian & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2011. "Are the responses of the U.S. economy asymmetric in energy price increases and decreases?," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 2(3), pages 419-453, November.
- Davis, Steven J., 1987. "Fluctuations in the pace of labor reallocation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 335-402, January.
- Kim, In-Moo & Loungani, Prakash, 1992. "The role of energy in real business cycle models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 173-189, April.
- Nathan S. Balke & Stephen P.A. Brown & Mine K. Yucel, 2002.
"Oil Price Shocks and the U.S. Economy: Where Does the Asymmetry Originate?,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 27-52.
- Balke, Nathan S. & Brown, Stephen P. A. & Yücel, Mine, 1999. "Oil price shocks and the U.S. economy: where does the asymmetry originate?," Working Papers 9911, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Edelstein, Paul & Kilian, Lutz, 2009. "How sensitive are consumer expenditures to retail energy prices?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 766-779, September.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Ramey, Valerie A, 1993. "Segment Shifts and Capacity Utilization in the U.S. Automobile Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 213-218, May.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-07-24 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CBA-2010-07-24 (Central Banking)
- NEP-ENE-2010-07-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2010-07-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2010-07-24 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-ORE-2010-07-24 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .