Biofuels, Tax Policies and Oil Prices in France: Insights from a Dynamic CGE Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Doumax, Virginie & Philip, Jean-Marc & Sarasa, Cristina, 2014. "Biofuels, tax policies and oil prices in France: Insights from a dynamic CGE model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 603-614.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Jun & Huang, Jikun & Qiu, Huanguang & Rozelle, Scott & Sombilla, Mercy A., 2009. "Biofuels and the Greater Mekong Subregion: Assessing the impact on prices, production and trade," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 37-46, November.
- Rutherford, Thomas F, 1999. "Applied General Equilibrium Modeling with MPSGE as a GAMS Subsystem: An Overview of the Modeling Framework and Syntax," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-46, October.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2005.
"Implications of a Carbon-Based Energy Tax for U.S. Agriculture,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-15, October.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2005. "Implications of a Carbon-Based Energy Tax for U.S. Agriculture," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 265-279, October.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Bruce A. McCarl, 2003. "Implications Of A Carbon Based Energy Tax For U.S. Agriculture," Working Papers FNU-17, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2003.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Csordas, Stefan & Mevel, Simon, 2011. "Under what conditions does a carbon tax on fossil fuels stimulate biofuels ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5678, The World Bank.
- Martin Banse & Hans van Meijl & Andrzej Tabeau & Geert Woltjer, 2008. "Will EU biofuel policies affect global agricultural markets?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 117-141, June.
- Burniaux, Jean-Marc & Truong Truong, 2002. "GTAP-E: An Energy-Environmental Version of the GTAP Model," GTAP Technical Papers 923, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Burniaux, Jean-March & Truong, Truong P., 2002. "Gtap-E: An Energy-Environmental Version Of The Gtap Model," Technical Papers 28705, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2005.
"Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1276-1289, September.
- Parry, Ian & Small, Kenneth, 2002. "Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?," Discussion Papers dp-02-12-, Resources For the Future.
- repec:oup:revage:v:30:y:2008:i:3:p:495-505. is not listed on IDEAS
- Thaeripour, Farzad & Hertel, Thomas W. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Beckman, Jayson F. & Birur, Dileep K., 2008. "Biofuels and their By-Products: Global Economic and Environmental Implications," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6452, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Govinda R. Timilsina & John C. Beghin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe & Simon Mevel, 2012.
"The impacts of biofuels targets on land‐use change and food supply: A global CGE assessment,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 315-332, May.
- Timilsina, Govinda & Beghin, John C. & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique & Mevel, Simon, 2010. "The Impacts of Biofuels Targets on Land-Use Change and Food Supply: A Global Cge Assessment," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32206, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Beghin, John C. & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique & Mevel, Simon, 2010. "The impacts of biofuel targets on land-use change and food supply : a global CGE assessment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5513, The World Bank.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Mevel, Simon & Shrestha, Ashish, 2011. "Oil price, biofuels and food supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 8098-8105.
- Mark W. Rosegrant & Tingju Zhu & Siwa Msangi & Timothy Sulser, 2008.
"Global Scenarios for Biofuels: Impacts and Implications,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 495-505.
- Mark W. Rosegrant & Tingju Zhu & Siwa Msangi & Timothy Sulser, 2008. "Global Scenarios for Biofuels: Impacts and Implications ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 495-505.
- Birur, Dileep & Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wally, 2008. "Impact of Biofuel Production on World Agricultural Markets: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," GTAP Working Papers 2413, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Csordás, Stefan & Mevel, Simon, 2011. "When does a carbon tax on fossil fuels stimulate biofuels?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2400-2415.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Virginie Doumax-Tagliavini & Cristina Sarasa, University of Zaragoza, 2014. "Biofuels, technological change and uncertainty: Evidence from France," EcoMod2014 6941, EcoMod.
- Cristina Sarasa & Virginie Doumax, 2015. "Impact of biofuels production on GHG emissions: What to address and how to approach them?," EcoMod2015 8626, EcoMod.
- Elizondo, Alejandra & Boyd, Roy, 2017. "Economic impact of ethanol promotion in Mexico: A general equilibrium analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 293-301.
More about this item
KeywordsFrance; Energy and environmental policy; Energy and environmental policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-09-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2014-09-05 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2014-09-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-09-05 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ekd:004912:6245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theresa Leary). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecomoea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.