Buy local, pollute less: What drives households to join a community supported farm?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Douadia Bougherara & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2009. "Buy local, pollute less: What drives households to join a community supported farm?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 09-03, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Douadia Bougherara & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2009. "Buy local, pollute less: what drives households to join a community supported farm?," Post-Print hal-01462348, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farnsworth, Richard L. & Thompson, Sarahelen R. & Drury, Kathleen A. & Warner, Richard E., 1996. "Community Supported Agriculture: Filling A Niche Market," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 27(1), February.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Yoram Barzel, 2005. "Organizational Forms and Measurement Costs," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 161(3), pages 357-357, September.
- Keeling Bond, Jennifer J. & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bond, Craig A., 2006. "Direct Marketing of Fresh Produce: Understanding Consumer Purchasing Decisions," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 21(4).
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2005. "The Economics of Governance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 1-18, May.
- Yoram Barzel, 2004. "Standards and the Form of Agreement," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Erin Anderson & David C. Schmittlein, 1984. "Integration of the Sales Force: An Empirical Examination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 385-395, Autumn.
- Julie A. Caswell & Eliza M. Mojduszka, 1996.
"Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1248-1253.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Mojduszka, Eliza M., 1996. "Using Informational Labeling To Influence The Market For Quality In Food Products," Working Papers 25989, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Sigrid Stagl, 2002. "Local Organic Food Markets: Potentials and Limitations for Contributing to Sustainable Development," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 145-162, June.
- Grolleau, Gilles & Caswell, Julie A., 2006.
"Interaction Between Food Attributes in Markets: The Case of Environmental Labeling,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(03), December.
- Gilles Grolleau & Julie A. Caswell, 2005. "Interaction Between Food Attributes in Markets: The Case of Environmental Labeling," Working Papers 2005-5, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sylvaine Lemeilleur & Gilles Allaire, 2017. "Standardisation and guarantee systems: what can participatory certification offer?," Working Papers hal-01594049, HAL.
- Lemeilleur, S. & Allaire, G., 2016. "Standardisation and guarantee systems: what can participatory certification offer?," Working Papers MOISA 201605, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- Bîrhală, Brînduşa & Möllers, Judith, 2014.
"Community supported agriculture: Is it driven by economy or solidarity?
[Solidarische Landwirtschaft in Rumänien: Überwiegen ökonomische oder solidarische Elemente?]," IAMO Discussion Papers 144, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:123-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Curtis, Kynda & Ward, Ruby & Allen, Karin & Slocum, Susan, 2013. "Impacts of Community Supported Agriculture Program Participation on Consumer Food Purchases and Dietary Choice," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 44(1), March.
- Lombardi, Alessia & Pascucci, Stefano & Cembalo, Luigi & Dentoni, Domenico, 2012. "Governance Mechanisms in Food Community Networks," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144980, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Wellner, Marie & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2016. "Community Supported Agriculture Als Neuer Impuls Für Die Regionalvermarktung? Stand Der Forschung Und Abgrenzung Von Anderen Alternativen Lebensmittelnetzwerken," 56th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 28-30, 2016 244757, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- repec:oup:erevae:v:44:y:2017:i:4:p:540-566. is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1543-:d:110258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gaetano Martino & Giulia Giacchè & Enrica Rossetti, 2016. "Organizing the Co-Production of Health and Environmental Values in Food Production: The Constitutional Processes in the Relationships between Italian Solidarity Purchasing Groups and Farmers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-22, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:316:d:66839 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernard, Kévin & Bonein, Aurélie & Bougherara, Douadia, 2016. "Community Supported Agriculture and Preferences for Risk and Fairness," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 234904, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chad M. Baum, 2013. "The Missing Link between Research and Reality: the significance of the relationship between retail format and organic food consumption," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-049, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Maples, McKenzie & Morgan, Kimberly L. & Harri, Ardian & Hood, Kenneth & Interis, Matthew, 2014. "Consumer Willingness to Pay for Environmental Production Attributes in Tomatoes: A Southeastern Consumer Survey," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162504, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Michael Vassalos & Zhifeng Gao & Lisha Zhang, 2017. "Factors Affecting Current and Future CSA Participation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-16, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity supported agriculture Food supply Transaction cost economics;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:68:y:2009:i:5:p:1488-1495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.