The impact of verified emissions announcements on the European Union emissions trading scheme: A bilaterally modified dummy variable modelling analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Regina Betz & Misato Sato, 2006. "Emissions trading: lessons learnt from the 1st phase of the EU ETS and prospects for the 2nd phase," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 351-359, July.
- Hintermann, Beat, 2010.
"Allowance price drivers in the first phase of the EU ETS,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Beat Hintermann, 2009. "Allowance Price Drivers in the First Phase of the EU ETS," CEPE Working paper series 09-63, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4222 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Chevallier, 2009.
"European Carbon Prices and Banking Restrictions: Evidence from Phase I (2005-2007),"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 51-80.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Pierre Chevallier, 2007. "European carbon prices and banking restrictions: evidence from phase I (2005-2007)," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-32, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Chevallier, 2009. "European Carbon Prices and Banking Restrictions: Evidence from Phase I (2005-2007)," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00649923, HAL.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Chevallier, 2009. "European Carbon Prices and Banking Restrictions: Evidence from Phase I (2005-2007)," Post-Print hal-00649923, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11687 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seifert, Jan & Uhrig-Homburg, Marliese & Wagner, Michael, 2008. "Dynamic behavior of CO2 spot prices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 180-194, September.
- Benz, Eva & Trück, Stefan, 2009. "Modeling the price dynamics of CO2 emission allowances," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 4-15, January.
- Chevallier, Julien & Ielpo, Florian & Mercier, Ludovic, 2009. "Risk aversion and institutional information disclosure on the European carbon market: A case-study of the 2006 compliance event," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 15-28, January.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4210 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Kossoy & Pierre Guigon, "undated". "State and Trends of the Carbon Market 2012," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13336, The World Bank.
- Zhang, Yue-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2010.
"An overview of current research on EU ETS: Evidence from its operating mechanism and economic effect,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 1804-1814, June.
- Yue-Jun Zhang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2009. "An overview of current research on EU ETS: Evidence from its operating mechanism and economic effect," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 3, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Conrad, Christian & Rittler, Daniel & Rotfuß, Waldemar, 2012.
"Modeling and explaining the dynamics of European Union Allowance prices at high-frequency,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 316-326.
- Conrad, Christian & Rittler, Daniel & Rotfuß, Waldemar, 2010. "Modeling and Explaining the Dynamics of European Union Allowance Prices at High-Frequency," Working Papers 0497, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Conrad, Christian & Rittler, Daniel & Rotfuß, Waldemar, 2010. "Modeling and explaining the dynamics of European Union allowance prices at high-frequency," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-038, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Roselyne Joyeux & George Milunovich, 2010. "Testing market efficiency in the EU carbon futures market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(10), pages 803-809.
- Palao, Fernando & Pardo, Angel, 2012. "Assessing price clustering in European Carbon Markets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 51-56.
- Schleich, Joachim & Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Hoppe, Christian & Seifert, Stefan, 2006. "Banning banking in EU emissions trading?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 112-120, January.
- Wilfried Rickels & Dennis Görlich & Sonja Peterson, 2015.
"Explaining European Emission Allowance Price Dynamics: Evidence from Phase II,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 16(2), pages 181-202, May.
- Rickels, Wilfried & Görlich, Dennis & Oberst, Gerrit, 2010. "Explaining European emission allowance price dynamics: Evidence from Phase II," Kiel Working Papers 1650, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- A. C. Christiansen & A. Arvanitakis & K. Tangen & H. Hasselknippe, 2005. "Price determinants in the EU emissions trading scheme," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles J. Corrado, 2011. "Event studies: A methodology review," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 51(1), pages 207-234, March.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. "Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Chevallier, Julien, 2009. "Carbon futures and macroeconomic risk factors: A view from the EU ETS," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 614-625, July.
- Schmidbauer, Harald & Rösch, Angi, 2012. "OPEC news announcements: Effects on oil price expectation and volatility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1656-1663.
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich, 2009. "EU Emission Allowances and the stock market: Evidence from the electricity industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1116-1126, February.
- Alberola, Emilie & Chevallier, Julien & Cheze, Benoi^t, 2008. "Price drivers and structural breaks in European carbon prices 2005-2007," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 787-797, February.
- Maria Mansanet-Bataller & Angel Pardo & Enric Valor, 2007. "CO2 Prices, Energy and Weather," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 73-92.
- Claudia Kettner & Angela Köppl & Stefan Schleicher, 2010. "The EU Emission Trading Scheme. Insights from the First Trading Years with a Focus on Price Volatility," WIFO Working Papers 368, WIFO.
- Regina Betz & Karoline Rogge & Joachim Schleich, 2006. "EU emissions trading: an early analysis of national allocation plans for 2008-2012," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 361-394, July.
- Crossland, Jarrod & Li, Bin & Roca, Eduardo, 2013. "Is the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) informationally efficient? Evidence from momentum-based trading strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 10-23.
- Raphael Trotignon, 2012. "Combining cap-and-trade with offsets: lessons from the EU-ETS," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 273-287, May.
- Montagnoli, Alberto & de Vries, Frans P., 2010. "Carbon trading thickness and market efficiency," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1331-1336, November.
- Michael Grubb & Christian Azar & U. Martin Persson, 2005. "Allowance allocation in the European emissions trading system: a commentary," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 127-136, January.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1988. "Using Dummy Variables in the Event Methodology," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 351-357, August.
- repec:wbk:wboper:13335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew M. Mckenzie & Michael R. Thomsen & Bruce L. Dixon, 2004. "The performance of event study approaches using daily commodity futures returns," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 533-555, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fang, Sheng & Lu, Xinsheng & Li, Jianfeng & Qu, Ling, 2018. "Multifractal detrended cross-correlation analysis of carbon emission allowance and stock returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 509(C), pages 551-566.
- Jianfu Wang & Shiping Jin & Weiguo Bai & Yongliang Li & Yuhui Jin, 2016. "Comparative analysis of the international carbon verification policies and systems," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 84(1), pages 381-397, November.
- Liu, Zhiqing & Geng, Yong & Dai, Hancheng & Wilson, Jeffrey & Xie, Yang & Wu, Rui & You, Wei & Yu, Zhongjue, 2018. "Regional impacts of launching national carbon emissions trading market: A case study of Shanghai," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 232-240.
- Bangzhu Zhu & Shujiao Ma & Rui Xie & Julien Chevallier & Yi-Ming Wei, 2018. "Hilbert Spectra and Empirical Mode Decomposition: A Multiscale Event Analysis Method to Detect the Impact of Economic Crises on the European Carbon Market," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 52(1), pages 105-121, June.
- Fang, Guochang & Tian, Lixin & Liu, Menghe & Fu, Min & Sun, Mei, 2018. "How to optimize the development of carbon trading in China—Enlightenment from evolution rules of the EU carbon price," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 1039-1049.
- Li, Wei & Lu, Can & Ding, Yi & Zhang, Yan-Wu, 2017. "The impacts of policy mix for resolving overcapacity in heavy chemical industry and operating national carbon emission trading market in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 509-524.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jia, Zhijie, 2017. "The impact of Emission Trading Scheme (ETS) and the choice of coverage industry in ETS: A case study in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 1512-1527.
- Fortune Ganda & Khazamula Samson Milondzo, 2018. "The Impact of Carbon Emissions on Corporate Financial Performance: Evidence from the South African Firms," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-22, July.
- Jianfeng Guo & Bin Su & Guang Yang & Lianyong Feng & Yinpeng Liu & Fu Gu, 2018. "How Do Verified Emissions Announcements Affect the Comoves between Trading Behaviors and Carbon Prices? Evidence from EU ETS," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-17, September.
- Mu, Yaqian & Evans, Samuel & Wang, Can & Cai, Wenjia, 2018. "How will sectoral coverage affect the efficiency of an emissions trading system? A CGE-based case study of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 227(C), pages 403-414.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Union emissions trading scheme (EU ETS); Verified emissions announcements; Dummy variables modelling; Event study; Carbon price;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:173:y:2016:i:c:p:567-577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.