Smoking laws and their differential effects on restaurants, bars, and taverns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyes, William J & Marlow, Michael L, 1996. "The Public Demand for Smoking Bans," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 88(1-2), pages 57-67, July.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- Dwight R. Lee, 1991. "Environmental Economics And The Social Cost Of Smoking," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(1), pages 83-92, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:7:1081-1085_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeremiah M. Allen, 1992. "ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS AND THE SOCIAL COST OF SMOKING: A Comment," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 10(1), pages 101-101, January.
- Dunham, John & Marlow, Michael L, 2000. "The Effects of Smoking Laws on Seating Allocations of Restaurants, Bars, and Taverns," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(1), pages 151-157, January.
- Carol Horton Tremblay & Victor J. Tremblay, 1995. "The Impact Of Cigarette Advertising On Consumer Surplus, Profit, And Social Welfare," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(1), pages 113-124, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bauer, Christian & Lingens, Jörg, 2009. "Smoking Bans in the Presence of Social Interaction," Discussion Papers in Economics 10593, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Michael R. Pakko, 2006. "On the economic analysis of smoking bans," Regional Economic Development, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue oct, pages 115-130.
- Ahlfeldt Gabriel M. & Maennig Wolfgang, 2010.
"Impact of Non-smoking Ordinances on Hospitality Revenues: The Case of Germany,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 230(5), pages 506-521, October.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2009. "Impact of Non-Smoking Ordinances on Hospitality Revenues: The Case of Germany," Working Papers 026, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:3:p:559-584 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leah K. Lakdawala & David Simon, 2016. "The Intergenerational Consequences of Tobacco Policy," Working papers 2016-27, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Adams, Scott & Cotti, Chad, 2008. "Drunk driving after the passage of smoking bans in bars," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1288-1305, June.
- Richard Thalheimer & Mukhtar M. Ali, 2008. "The Demand For Casino Gaming With Special Reference To A Smoking Ban," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 273-282, April.
- Tami Gurley-Calvez & George W. Hammond & Randall A. Childs, 2014. "Labor Market Impacts Of Smoking Regulations On The Restaurant Industry," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(4), pages 681-694, October.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2004. "Smoke‐free Ordinances Increase Restaurant Profit and Value," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 520-525, October.
- David R. Henderson, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: Who Best to Set the House Rules?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 284-291, September.
- Michael T. Owyang & E. Katarina Vermann, 2012. "Where there’s a smoking ban, there’s still fire," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue july, pages 265-286.
- Bree L. Dority & Mary G. Mcgarvey & Eric C. Thompson & Jyothsna Sainath, 2013. "Local And Statewide Smoke-Free Laws In Nebraska: The Effects On Keno Establishments," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 549-564, July.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Michael R. Pakko, 2009. "Casino revenue and the Illinois smoking ban," Working Papers 2009-027, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Goel, Rajeev K., 2013. "Where to snuff the puff? Relative effectiveness of U.S. smoking control policies," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 97-102.
- Hammar, Henrik, 2004.
"Restaurant owner perceptions of the effects of a smoking ban,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 243-254, November.
- Hammar, Henrik, 2001. "Restaurant Owners’ Perceptions Of Effects Of A Smoking Ban," Working Papers in Economics 60, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ljudevit Pranić & Snježana Pivac, 2016. "Effects of a partial smoking ban on employees' post-implementation perceptions and job satisfaction in cafes vs. restaurants in Croatia," Tourism and Hospitality Industry 26, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Alamar, B C & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2004. "Smoke-free ordinances increase restaurant profit and value," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt91w950j4, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- John Dunham & Michael Marlow, 2003. "The economic incidence of smoking laws," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(18), pages 1935-1942.
- Annette Hofmann & Martin Nell, 2012. "Smoking bans and the secondhand smoking problem: an economic analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(3), pages 227-236, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:18:y:2000:i:3:p:326-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.