Voice over IP. Competition Policy and Regulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Buchanan, James M & Yoon, Yong J, 2000. "Symmetric Tragedies: Commons and Anticommons," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Littlechild, S.C., 0. "Mobile termination charges: Calling Party Pays versus Receiving Party Pays," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5-6), pages 242-277, June.
- Mackie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.R., 1993. "Pricing the Internet," Memorandum 20/1993, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- William J. Baumol & Robert D. Willig, 1981. "Fixed Costs, Sunk Costs, Entry Barriers, and Sustainability of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(3), pages 405-431.
- Martin Cave & Robin Mason, 2001. "The Economics of the Internet: Infrastructure and Regulation," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 188-201, Summer.
- Doyle, Chris & Smith, Jennifer C., 1998. "Market structure in mobile telecoms: qualified indirect access and the receiver pays principle," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 471-488, December.
- Aiginger, Karl & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 1997. "Looking at the Cost Side of "Monopoly."," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 245-267, September.
- Sandler,Todd, 2004. "Global Collective Action," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521542548, March.
- Rajnish Kamat & Shmuel S. Oren, 2002. "Exotic Options for Interruptible Electricity Supply Contracts," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 835-850, October.
- Panagiotis Thomas & Demosthenis Teneketzis & Jeffrey K. Mackie-Mason, 2002. "A Market-Based Approach to Optimal Resource Allocation in Integrated-Services Connection-Oriented Networks," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 50(4), pages 603-616, August.
- Eggertsson,Thrainn, 1990. "Economic Behavior and Institutions," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521348911, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2006.
"The Threat of Capital Drain: A Rationale for Public Banks?,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
107, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2006. "The Threat of Capital Drain: A Rationale for Public Banks?," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2006_11, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
More about this item
Keywordsproperty right; club good; network externality; monopolistic competition; systems competition; packet switched telephony; network access; E. 164 numbers vs. IP addresses; caller pays principle vs. receiver pays principle; sip; codecs;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-07-15 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ICT-2006-07-15 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IND-2006-07-15 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-LAW-2006-07-15 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2006-07-15 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2006-07-15 (Network Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-07-15 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mpg:wpaper:2005_26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marc Martin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mppggde.html .