Equal Sacrifice and Fair Burden Sharing in a Public Goods Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Wolfgang Peters, 2008. "Equal sacrifice and fair burden-sharing in a public goods economy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 15(4), pages 415-429, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitra, Tapan & Ok, Efe A, 1996.
"Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 925-948, November.
- Mitra, T. & Ok, E.A., 1994. "Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited," Papers 94-29, Cornell - Department of Economics.
- Lange, Andreas & Vogt, Carsten & Ziegler, Andreas, 2007.
"On the importance of equity in international climate policy: An empirical analysis,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 545-562, May.
- Lange, Andreas & Vogt, Carsten & Ziegler, Andreas, 2006. "On the Importance of Equity in International Climate Policy: An Empirical Analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-042, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Kaul, Inge & Conceicao, Pedro & Le Goulven, Katell & Mendoza, Ronald U. (ed.), 2003. "Providing Global Public Goods: Managing Globalization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195157413.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Wolfgang Peters, 2007.
"Justifying the Lindahl solution as an outcome of fair cooperation,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 157-169, October.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Wolfgang Peters, 2005. "Justifying the Lindahl Solution as an Outcome of Fair Cooperation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1536, CESifo.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Richard Cornes & Wolfgang Peters, 2006. "Lindahl Equilibrium Versus Voluntary Contribution to a Public Good: The Role of the Income Distribution," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 62(1), pages 28-49, March.
- Lasse Ringius & Asbjørn Torvanger & Arild Underdal, 2002. "Burden Sharing and Fairness Principles in International Climate Policy," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Sandler,Todd, 2004. "Global Collective Action," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521834773, December.
- Udo Ebert, 2003. "Environmental Goods and the Distribution of Income," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 25(4), pages 435-459, August.
- Hines Jr., James R., 2000. "What is benefit taxation?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 483-492, March.
- Moulin, Herve, 1987. "Egalitarian-Equivalent Cost Sharing of a Public Good," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 963-976, July.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Jon R. Neill, 2000. "The benefit and sacrifice principles of taxation: A synthesis," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 17(1), pages 117-124.
- François Maniquet & Yves Sprumont, 2004.
"Fair Production and Allocation of an Excludable Nonrival Good,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 627-640, March.
- MANIQUET, François & SPRUMONT, Yves, 2002. "Fair Production and Allocation of an Excludable Nonrival Good," Cahiers de recherche 2002-04, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- MANIQUET, François & SPRUMONT, Yves, 2004. "Fair production and allocation of an excludable nonrival good," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1735, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Francois Maniquet & Yves Sprumont, 2002. "Fair Production and Allocation of an Excludable Nonrival Good," Economics Working Papers 0014, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Sandler,Todd, 2004. "Global Collective Action," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521542548, December.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom, 2006. "Benefit-Cost in a Benevolent Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 339-351, March.
- Udo Ebert & Georg Tillmann, 2007. "Distribution-neutral provision of public goods," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 29(1), pages 107-124, July.
- Moyes, Patrick, 2003.
"Redistributive effects of minimal equal sacrifice taxation,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 111-140, January.
- Patrick Moyes, 2003. "Redistributive effects of minimal equal sacrifice taxation," Post-Print hal-00156443, HAL.
- N. Gravel & Patrick Moyes, 2008. "Redistributive effects of minimal equal sacrifce taxation," Post-Print hal-00157363, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- L.F.M. Groot & J. Swart, 2015. "From Nash to Lindahl in Climate Change Policy," Working Papers 15-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Alexander Haupt & Wolfgang Peters, 2016.
"Equity as a Prerequisite for Stability of Cooperation on Global Public Good Provision,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 65(1), pages 61-78, September.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Alexander Haupt & Wolfgang Peters, 2014. "Equity as a Prerequisite for Stability of Cooperation on Global Public Good Provision," Discussion Paper Series RECAP15 16, RECAP15, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder).
- Bruno Martorano, 2014.
"The Impact of Uruguay's 2007 Tax Reform on Equity and Efficiency,"
Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(6), pages 701-714, November.
- Bruno Martorano, 2012. "The Impact of Uruguay’s 2007 Tax Reform on Equity and Efficiency," Working Papers - Economics wp2012_06.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Loek Groot & Julia Swart, 2018. "Climate change control: the Lindahl solution," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 757-782, June.
More about this item
Keywordspublic goods; cooperative solutions; fairness; egalitarian equivalent solutions;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_1997. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.