Smoking bans and the secondhand smoking problem: an economic analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrie Craven & Michael L. Marlow, 2008. "Economic Effects Of Smoking Bans On Restaurants And Pubs," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 57-61, December.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2010.
"The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2009. "The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking," CEP Discussion Papers dp0950, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2009. "The effect of bans and taxes on passive smoking," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28679, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2004. "Smoke-free Ordinances Increase Restaurant Profit and Value," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 520-525, October.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2008.
"Smoking and social interaction,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1503-1515.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars, 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," IZA Discussion Papers 2666, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2008. "Smoking and social interaction," Munich Reprints in Economics 19787, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Panu Poutvaara & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," CESifo Working Paper Series 1956, CESifo Group Munich.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," Ruhr Economic Papers 3, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: A Reply to David Henderson," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 292-295, September.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," NBER Working Papers 9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alamar, B C & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2004. "Smoke-free ordinances increase restaurant profit and value," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt91w950j4, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- David R. Henderson, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: Who Best to Set the House Rules?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 284-291, September.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Hersch, Joni, 2008. "The mortality cost to smokers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 943-958, July.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, January.
- Hirshleifer, J & Riley, John G, 1979.
"The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information-An Expository Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1375-1421, December.
- Jack Hirshleifer & John G. Riley, 1979. "The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information- An Expository Survey," UCLA Economics Working Papers 159, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alamar Benjamin & Glantz Stanton A., 2006. "Modeling Addictive Consumption as an Infectious Disease," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, March.
- J. Dunham & ML. Marlow, 2000. "Smoking laws and their differential effects on restaurants, bars, and taverns," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 326-333, July.
- repec:reg:rpubli:282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Adams Scott & Cotti Chad D., 2007. "The Effect of Smoking Bans on Bars and Restaurants: An Analysis of Changes in Employment," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1970. "Habit Formation and Dynamic Demand Functions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(4), pages 745-763, Part I Ju.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Hans Melberg & Karl Lund, 2012. "Do smoke-free laws affect revenues in pubs and restaurants?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(1), pages 93-99, February.
More about this item
KeywordsSmoking bans; Externalities; Public health policy; C72; H30; I18;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eujhec:v:13:y:2012:i:3:p:227-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .