Smoking bans and the secondhand smoking problem: an economic analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.dggoe.de/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/medicine/health+informatics/journal/10198/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2008.
"Smoking and social interaction,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1503-1515, December.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2008. "Smoking and social interaction," Munich Reprints in Economics 19787, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars, 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," IZA Discussion Papers 2666, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Panu Poutvaara & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," CESifo Working Paper Series 1956, CESifo Group Munich.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," Ruhr Economic Papers 3, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (RWI), Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:reg:rpubli:282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2009.
"The effect of bans and taxes on passive smoking,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
28679, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hirshleifer, J & Riley, John G, 1979.
"The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information-An Expository Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1375-1421, December.
- Jack Hirshleifer & John G. Riley, 1979. "The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information- An Expository Survey," UCLA Economics Working Papers 159, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2004. "Smoke-free Ordinances Increase Restaurant Profit and Value," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 520-525, October.
- J. Dunham & ML. Marlow, 2000. "Smoking laws and their differential effects on restaurants, bars, and taverns," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 326-333, 07.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1970. "Habit Formation and Dynamic Demand Functions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(4), pages 745-63, Part I Ju.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
NBER Working Papers
9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- Barrie Craven & Michael L. Marlow, 2008. "Economic Effects Of Smoking Bans On Restaurants And Pubs," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 57-61, December.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, March.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: A Reply to David Henderson," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 292-295, September.
- Adams Scott & Cotti Chad D., 2007. "The Effect of Smoking Bans on Bars and Restaurants: An Analysis of Changes in Employment," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joni Hersch, 2007.
"The Mortality Cost to Smokers,"
NBER Working Papers
13599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David R. Henderson, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: Who Best to Set the House Rules?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 284-291, September.
- Alamar Benjamin & Glantz Stanton A., 2006. "Modeling Addictive Consumption as an Infectious Disease," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Hans Melberg & Karl Lund, 2012. "Do smoke-free laws affect revenues in pubs and restaurants?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 93-99, February.
- Alamar, B C & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2004. "Smoke-free ordinances increase restaurant profit and value," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt91w950j4, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eujhec:v:13:y:2012:i:3:p:227-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.