Smoking bans and the secondhand smoking problem: an economic analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10198/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adams Scott & Cotti Chad D., 2007. "The Effect of Smoking Bans on Bars and Restaurants: An Analysis of Changes in Employment," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Alamar, B C & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2004. "Smoke-free ordinances increase restaurant profit and value," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt91w950j4, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Hirshleifer, J & Riley, John G, 1979.
"The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information-An Expository Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1375-1421, December.
- Jack Hirshleifer & John G. Riley, 1979. "The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information- An Expository Survey," UCLA Economics Working Papers 159, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Hans Melberg & Karl Lund, 2012. "Do smoke-free laws affect revenues in pubs and restaurants?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 93-99, February.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Hersch, Joni, 2008.
"The mortality cost to smokers,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 943-958, July.
- Panu Poutvaara & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2007.
"Smoking and Social Interaction,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1956, CESifo Group Munich.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars, 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," IZA Discussion Papers 2666, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2007. "Smoking and Social Interaction," Ruhr Economic Papers 3, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (RWI), Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2008. "Smoking and social interaction," Munich Reprints in Economics 19787, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Alamar Benjamin & Glantz Stanton A., 2006. "Modeling Addictive Consumption as an Infectious Disease," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1970. "Habit Formation and Dynamic Demand Functions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(4), pages 745-63, Part I Ju.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2010.
"The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2009. "The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking," CEP Discussion Papers dp0950, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2009. "The effect of bans and taxes on passive smoking," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28679, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: A Reply to David Henderson," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 292-295, September.
- David R. Henderson, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: Who Best to Set the House Rules?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 284-291, September.
- J. Dunham & ML. Marlow, 2000. "Smoking laws and their differential effects on restaurants, bars, and taverns," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 326-333, 07.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003.
" The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," NBER Working Papers 9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrie Craven & Michael L. Marlow, 2008. "Economic Effects Of Smoking Bans On Restaurants And Pubs," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 57-61, December.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2004. "Smoke-free Ordinances Increase Restaurant Profit and Value," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 520-525, October.
- repec:reg:rpubli:282 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:nbr:nberbk:gros72-1 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eujhec:v:13:y:2012:i:3:p:227-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.