Much ado about nothing? Smoking bans and Germany's hospitality industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Kvasnicka, Michael & Tauchmann, Harald, 2012. "Much ado about nothing? Smoking bans and Germany's hospitality industry," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 4539-4551.
- Kvasnicka, Michael & Tauchmann, Harald, 2010. "Much Ado About Nothing? – Smoking Bans and Germany's Hospitality Industry," Ruhr Economic Papers 172, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Michael Kvasnicka & Harald Tauchmann, 2011. "Much Ado About Nothing? Smoking Bans and Germany's Hospitality Industry," Post-Print hal-00719873, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2010.
"The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2009. "The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking," CEP Discussion Papers dp0950, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2009. "The effect of bans and taxes on passive smoking," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28679, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2004. "Smoke-free Ordinances Increase Restaurant Profit and Value," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 520-525, October.
- David W. Cowling & Philip Bond, 2005. "Smoke-free laws and bar revenues in California - the last call," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(12), pages 1273-1281.
- Jerome Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2005.
"The effects of taxes and bans on passive smoking,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP20/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2006. "The Effect of Taxes and Bans on Passive Smoking," CEPR Discussion Papers 509, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2006. "The Effect of Taxes and Bans on Passive Smoking," IZA Discussion Papers 2191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rajeev K. Goel & Michael A. Nelson, 2006. "The Effectiveness of Anti-Smoking Legislation: A Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 325-355, July.
- Alamar, B C & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2004. "Smoke-free ordinances increase restaurant profit and value," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt91w950j4, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Michael Pakko, 2008.
"No smoking at the slot machines: the effect of a smoke-free law on Delaware gaming revenues,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(14), pages 1769-1774.
- Michael R. Pakko, 2005. "No smoking at the slot machines: the effect of a smoke-free law on Delaware gaming revenues," Working Papers 2005-054, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kvasnicka, Michael & Tauchmann, Harald, 2010. "Eine Befragung von Gastronomiebetrieben zur Einführung von Rauchverboten: Deskriptive Ergebnisse," RWI Materialien 58, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Robert K. Fleck & F. Andrew Hanssen, 2008. "Why Understanding Smoking Bans Is Important For Estimating Their Effects: California'S Restaurant Smoking Bans And Restaurant Sales," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(1), pages 60-76, January.
- John Dunham & Michael Marlow, 2003. "The economic incidence of smoking laws," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(18), pages 1935-1942.
- Ahlfeldt Gabriel M. & Maennig Wolfgang, 2010.
"Impact of Non-smoking Ordinances on Hospitality Revenues: The Case of Germany,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 230(5), pages 506-521, October.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2009. "Impact of Non-Smoking Ordinances on Hospitality Revenues: The Case of Germany," Working Papers 026, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Adams Scott & Cotti Chad D., 2007. "The Effect of Smoking Bans on Bars and Restaurants: An Analysis of Changes in Employment," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-34, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marti, Joachim & Schläpfer, Jörg, 2014. "The economic impact of Swiss smoking bans on the hospitality sector," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 136-139.
- Harald Tauchmann & Silja Lenz & Till Requate & Christoph Schmidt, 2013. "Tobacco and alcohol: complements or substitutes?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 539-566, August.
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2013.
"The effects of smoking bans on self-assessed health: evidence from Germany,"
140, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2013. "The Effects of Smoking Bans on Self-Assessed Health: Evidence from Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 586, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Jaume García-Villar & Ángel López-Nicolás, 2015. "Who is afraid of smoking bans? An evaluation of the effects of the Spanish clean air law on expenditure at hospitality venues," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(8), pages 813-834, November.
- Jaume Garcia Villar & Ángel López-Nicolás, 2014. "Who is afraid of the big bad ban? An evaluation of the effects of the Spanish clean air law on expenditure at hospitality venues," Economics Working Papers 1413, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2014.
- Pfeifer, Gregor & Reutter, Mirjam & Strohmaier, Kristina, 2017. "Goodbye smokers' corner: Health effects of school smoking bans," Ruhr Economic Papers 678, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
More about this item
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:44:y:2012:i:35:p:4539-4551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.