Smoke-free Ordinances Increase Restaurant Profit and Value
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:4:598-603_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Dunham & ML. Marlow, 2000. "Smoking laws and their differential effects on restaurants, bars, and taverns," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 326-333, July.
- Weber, M D & Bagwell, DAS & Fielding, J E & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2003. "Long term compliance with California's Smoke-Free Workplace law among bars and restaurants in Los Angeles County," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt82m3j641, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Kvasnicka & Harald Tauchmann, 2012.
"Much ado about nothing? Smoking bans and Germany's hospitality industry,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(35), pages 4539-4551, December.
- Kvasnicka, Michael & Tauchmann, Harald, 2012. "Much ado about nothing? Smoking bans and Germany's hospitality industry," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 4539-4551.
- Kvasnicka, Michael & Tauchmann, Harald, 2010. "Much Ado About Nothing? – Smoking Bans and Germany's Hospitality Industry," Ruhr Economic Papers 172, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Michael Kvasnicka & Harald Tauchmann, 2011. "Much Ado About Nothing? Smoking Bans and Germany's Hospitality Industry," Post-Print hal-00719873, HAL.
- Ahlfeldt Gabriel M. & Maennig Wolfgang, 2010.
"Impact of Non-smoking Ordinances on Hospitality Revenues: The Case of Germany,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 230(5), pages 506-521, October.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2009. "Impact of Non-Smoking Ordinances on Hospitality Revenues: The Case of Germany," Working Papers 026, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:3:p:559-584 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin C. Alamar & Stanton A. Glantz, 2008. "Externalities in the Workplace: A Response to a Rejoinder to a Response to a Response to a Paper," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(2), pages 169-173, May.
- Jerome Adda & Samuel Berlinski & V. Bhaskar & Stephen Machin, 2009. "Market regulation and firm performance: the case of smoking bans in the UK," IFS Working Papers W09/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Annette Hofmann & Martin Nell, 2012. "Smoking bans and the secondhand smoking problem: an economic analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(3), pages 227-236, June.
- Tomlin Jonathan T., 2009. "The Impact of Smoking Bans on the Hospitality Industry: New Evidence from Stock Market Returns," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Tami Gurley-Calvez & George W. Hammond & Randall A. Childs, 2014. "Labor Market Impacts Of Smoking Regulations On The Restaurant Industry," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(4), pages 681-694, October.
- Jérôme Adda & Samuel Berlinski & Stephen Machin, 2012. "Market Regulation and Firm Performance: The Case of Smoking Bans in the United Kingdom," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 365-391.
- David R. Henderson, 2007. "Smoking in Restaurants: Who Best to Set the House Rules?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(3), pages 284-291, September.
- Robert K. Fleck & F. Andrew Hanssen, 2008. "Why Understanding Smoking Bans Is Important For Estimating Their Effects: California'S Restaurant Smoking Bans And Restaurant Sales," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(1), pages 60-76, January.
- Silvia Tiezzi, 2009. "The Economic Impact of Clean Indoor Air Laws: A Review of Alternative Approaches and of Empirical findings," Department of Economics University of Siena 570, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Reichmann, Gerhard & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit, 2012. "The Austrian Tobacco Act in practice – Analysing the effectiveness of partial smoking bans in Austrian restaurants and bars," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 304-311.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:22:y:2004:i:4:p:520-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.