Trade Unions, Union Learning Representatives and Employer-Provided Training in Britain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alison L. Booth & Marco Francesconi & Gylfi Zoega, 2003.
"Unions, Work-Related Training, and Wages: Evidence for British Men,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(1), pages 68-91, October.
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Zoega, Gylfi, 2003. "Unions, Work-Related Training, and Wages: Evidence for British Men," IZA Discussion Papers 737, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sean Kennedy & Robert Drago & Judith Sloan & Mark Wooden, 1994. "The Effect of Trade Unions on the Provision of Training: Australian Evidence," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 565-580, December.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth, 1998. "Training and Labour Market Flexibility: Is There a Trade-off?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 521-536, December.
- Francis Green & Stephen Machin & David Wilkinson, 1999.
"Trade Unions and Training Practices in British Workplaces,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(2), pages 179-195, January.
- F Green & Stephen Machin & D Wilkinson, 1996. "Trade Unions and Training Practices in British Workplaces," CEP Discussion Papers dp0278, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Green, F. & Machin, Stephen & Wilkinson, D., 1996. "Trade unions and training practices in British workplaces," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20684, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 1999.
"The Structure of Wages and Investment in General Training,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(3), pages 539-572, June.
- Acemoglu, D. & Pischke, J.S., 1997. "The Structure of Wages and Investment in General Training," Working papers 97-24, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jörn-Steffen, 1998. "The Structure of Wages and Investment in General Training," CEPR Discussion Papers 1833, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 1998. "The Structure of Wages and Investment in General Training," NBER Working Papers 6357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Filipe Almeida-Santos & Karen Mumford, 2005.
"Employee Training And Wage Compression In Britain,"
University of Manchester, vol. 73(3), pages 321-342, June.
- Filipe Almeida-Santos & Karen Mumford, "undated". "Employee Training and Wage Compression in Britain," Discussion Papers 04/11, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Almeida-Santos, Filipe & Mumford, Karen A., 2004. "Employee Training and Wage Compression in Britain," IZA Discussion Papers 1197, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jason Heyes & Mark Stuart, 1998. "Bargaining for Skills: Trade Unions and Training at the Workplace," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 36(3), pages 459-467, September.
- Booth, Alison L & Chatterji, Monojit, 1998. "Unions and Efficient Training," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 328-343, March.
- Jacob Mincer, 1981. "Union Effects: Wages, Turnover, and Job Training," NBER Working Papers 0808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harley Frazis & Maury Gittleman & Mary Joyce, 2000. "Correlates of Training: An Analysis Using Both Employer and Employee Characteristics," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(3), pages 443-462, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uschi Backes-Gellner & Yvonne Oswald & Simone Tuor Sartore, 2014. "Part-Time Employment—Boon to Women but Bane to Men? New Insights on Employer-Provided Training," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(4), pages 463-481, November.
- Francis Green & Alan Felstead & Duncan Gallie & Hande Inanc & Nick Jewson, 2016. "The Declining Volume of Workers’ Training in Britain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 54(2), pages 422-448, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:brjirl:v:46:y:2008:i:4:p:702-731. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.