Demand for maize hybrids and hybrid change on smallholder farms in Kenya
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hugo De Groote & George Owuor & Cheryl Doss & James Ouma & Lutta Muhammad & K. Danda, 2005.
"The Maize Green Revolution in Kenya Revisited,"
The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(1), pages 32-49.
- De Groote, Hugo & Owuor, George & Doss, Cheryl R. & Ouma, James Okuro & Muhammad, Lutta & Danda, Milton Kengo, 2005. "The Maize Green Revolution in Kenya Revisited," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 2(1), pages 1-18.
- Tavneet Suri, 2011. "Selection and Comparative Advantage in Technology Adoption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(1), pages 159-209, January.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Tavneet Suri, 2006. "Selection and Comparative Advantage in Technology Adoption," Working Papers 944, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, March.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, March.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mwangi, Wilfred & Diallo, Alpha O. & MacRobert, John F. & Dixon, John & Banziger, Marianne, 2008. "An analysis of the bottlenecks affecting the production and deployment of maize seed in Eastern and Southern Africa," Economics Program Papers 56189, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Derek Byerlee & Greg Traxler, 1995. "National and International Wheat Improvement Research in the Post-Green Revolution Period: Evolution and Impacts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(2), pages 268-278.
- Smale, Melinda & Singh, Joginder & Di Falco, Salvatore & Zambrano, Patricia, 2008.
"Wheat breeding, productivity and slow variety change: evidence from the Punjab of India after the Green Revolution,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), pages 1-14.
- Melinda Smale & Joginder Singh & Salvatore Di Falco & Patricia Zambrano, 2008. "Wheat breeding, productivity and slow variety change: evidence from the Punjab of India after the Green Revolution ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(4), pages 419-432, December.
- Magnier, Alexandre & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G. & Miller, Douglas J., 2010. "Product Life Cycles and Innovation in the US Seed Corn Industry," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61779, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Magnier, Alexandre & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G. & Miller, Douglas J., 2010. "Product Life Cycles and Innovation in the US Seed Corn Industry," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 13(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Kirimi, Lilian & Sitko, Nicholas & Jayne, Thom S. & Karin, Francis & Muyanga, Milu & Sheahan, Megan & Flock, James & Bor, Gilbert, 2011.
"A Farm Gate-to-Consumer Value Chain Analysis of Kenya's Maize Marketing System,"
202597, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Kirimi, Lilian & Sitko, Nicholas J. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Karin, Francis & Muyanga, Milu & Sheahan, Megan & Flock, James & Bor, Gilbert, 2011. "A Farm Gate-to-Consumer Value Chain Analysis of Kenya’s Maize Marketing System," Food Security International Development Working Papers 101172, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Lunduka, Rodney & Fisher, Monica & Snapp, Sieglinde, 2012. "Could farmer interest in a diversity of seed attributes explain adoption plateaus for modern maize varieties in Malawi?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 504-510.
- Hassan, Rashid M. & Mekuria, Mulugetta & Mwangi, Wilfred, 2001. "Maize Breeding Research In Eastern And Southern Africa: Current Status And Impacts Of Past Investments Made By The Public And Private Sectors, 1966-97," Impact Studies 23723, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Smale, Melinda & Heisey, Paul W & Leathers, Howard D, 1995. "Maize of the Ancestors and Modern Varieties: The Microeconomics of High-Yielding Variety Adoption in Malawi," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 351-368, January.
- Van Dusen, M. Eric, 2000. "In Situ Conservation Of Crop Genetic Resources In The Mexican Milpa System," Dissertations 11941, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Linda Steinhübel, 2018. "Somewhere in between towns, markets, and neighbors – Agricultural transition in the rural-urban interface of Bangalore, India," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 256, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Steinhubel, L., 2018. "Somewhere in between towns, markets, and neighbors Agricultural transition in the rural-urban interface of Bangalore, India," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277430, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:bla:agecon:v:49:y:2018:i:1:p:131-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsedeke Abate & Bekele Shiferaw & Abebe Menkir & Dagne Wegary & Yilma Kebede & Kindie Tesfaye & Menale Kassie & Gezahegn Bogale & Berhanu Tadesse & Tolera Keno, 2015. "Factors that transformed maize productivity in Ethiopia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(5), pages 965-981, October.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:10:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s12571-018-0825-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Spielman, David J. & Smale, Melinda, 2017. "Policy options to accelerate variety change among smallholder farmers in South Asia and Africa South of the Sahara," IFPRI discussion papers 1666, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Priscilla Wainaina & Songporne Tongruksawattana & Matin Qaim, 2016. "Tradeoffs and complementarities in the adoption of improved seeds, fertilizer, and natural resource management technologies in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(3), pages 351-362, May.
- repec:bla:agecon:v:49:y:2018:i:4:p:423-434 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen P. D’Alessandro & Jorge Caballero & John Lichte & Simon Simpkin, 2015. "Kenya," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23350, The World Bank.
- Naseem, A. & Nagarajan, L. & Pray, C., 2018. "The role of maize varietal development on yields in Kenya," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277321, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Smale, Melinda & Moursi, Mourad & Birol, Ekin, 2015. "How does adopting hybrid maize affect dietary diversity on family farms? Micro-evidence from Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 44-53.
- Wainaina, Priscilla & Tongruksawattana, Songporne & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Tradeoffs and Complementarities in the Adoption of Improved Seeds, Fertilizer, and Natural Resource Management Technologies in Kenya," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 189914, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Waldman, Kurt B. & Ortega, David L. & Richardson, Robert B. & Snapp, Sieglinde S., 2017. "Estimating demand for perennial pigeon pea in Malawi using choice experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 222-230.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:45:y:2014:i:4:p:409-420. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.