An analysis of the bottlenecks affecting the production and deployment of maize seed in Eastern and Southern Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- G.T. Kassie & O. Erenstein & W. Mwangi & J. MacRobert & P. Setimela & B. Shiferaw, 2013. "Political and economic features of the maize seed industry in southern Africa," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(2), pages 104-127, June.
- Spielman, David J. & Mekonnen, Dawit Kelemework & Alemu, Dawit, 2012.
"Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia,"
IFPRI book chapters,in: Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 4
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Spielman, David J. & Kelemwork, Dawit & Alemu, Dawit, 2011. "Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:10:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0749-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Kraybill, 2013. "Rural development in sub-Saharan Africa," Chapters,in: Handbook of Rural Development, chapter 14, pages i-ii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jelliffe, Jeremy L. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Deom, C. Michael & Okello, David Kalule, 2016. "The Sustainability Of Project Outcomes From Farmer-Led Dissemination Of High-Yielding Groundnut Rosette Disease Resistant Groundnut Varieties," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246450, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Melinda Smale & John Olwande, 2014. "Demand for maize hybrids and hybrid change on smallholder farms in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 409-420, July.
- Spielman, David J. & Byerlee, Derek & Alemu, Dawit & Kelemework, Dawit, 2010. "Policies to promote cereal intensification in Ethiopia: The search for appropriate public and private roles," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 185-194, June.
- Ferroni, Marco, 2009. "Can Private Sector R&D Reach Small Farms?," Conference Proceedings 2009 125180, Crawford Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsSeed production; Seed industry; Commodity markets; Marketing; Maize; Zea mays; Agricultural products; Yields; Crop yield; Crop Production/Industries; E10; E16; E21; E70; F03;
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- E16 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Social Accounting Matrix
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E70 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cimmep:56189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cimmymx.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .