On the Use of Valuation Mechanisms to Measure Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Novel Products: A Comparison of Hypothetical and Non-Hypothetical Values
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Douglass Shaw & Andres Silva & Rodolfo M. Nayga, Jr., 2006.
"Health benefits and uncertainty: an experimental analysis of the effects of risk presentation on auction bids for a healthful product,"
AccessEcon, vol. 4(20), pages 1-8.
- Shaw, W. Douglass & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Silva, Andres, 2005. "Health Benefits and Uncertainty: An Experimental Analysis of the Effects of Risk Presentation on Auction Bids for a Healthful Product," Discussion Papers 23961, Texas A&M University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Jayson L. Lusk & W. Bruce Traill & Lisa O. House & Carlotta Valli & Sara R. Jaeger & Melissa Moore & Bert Morrow, 2006. "Comparative Advantage in Demand: Experimental Evidence of Preferences for Genetically Modified Food in the United States and European Union," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Ty Feldkamp & Ted C. Schroeder, 2004.
"Experimental Auction Procedure: Impact on Valuation of Quality Differentiated Goods,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 389-405.
- Ty Feldkamp & Jayson Lusk & Ted Schroeder, 2004. "Experimental auction procedure: Impact on valuation of quality differentiated goods," Artefactual Field Experiments 00097, The Field Experiments Website.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Darren Hudson, 2004.
"Willingness-to-Pay Estimates and Their Relevance to Agribusiness Decision Making,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 152-169.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Darren Hudson, 2004. "Willingness-to-Pay Estimates and Their Relevance to Agribusiness Decision Making," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 152-169.
- Corrigan, Jay R. & Rousu, Matthew C., 2006.
"AJAE Appendix: Posted Prices and Bid Affiliation: Evidence from Experimental Auctions,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), November.
- Jay R. Corrigan & Matthew C. Rousu, 2006. "Posted Prices and Bid Affiliation: Evidence from Experimental Auctions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), pages 1078-1090.
- Jay R. Corrigan & Matthew C. Rousu, 2006. "Posted Prices and Bid Affiliation: Evidence from Experimental Auctions," Working Papers 0602, Kenyon College, Department of Economics.
- Fiore, Stephen M. & Harrison, Glenn W. & Hughes, Charles E. & Rutstrm, E. Elisabet, 2009. "Virtual experiments and environmental policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 65-86, January.
- John List & Craig Gallet, 2001. "What Experimental Protocol Influence Disparities Between Actual and Hypothetical Stated Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-254, November.
- Jason F. Shogren & Dermot J. Hayes & James B. Kliebenstein & John A. Fox, 1994.
"Bid Sensitivity and the Structure of the Vickrey Auction,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1089-1095.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Fox, John A. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Kliebenstein, James, 1994. "Bid Sensitivity in the Structure of the Vickrey Auction," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10616, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdelradi, Fadi & Abdu, Khaled, 2015. "Evaluation of consumers' lifestyles and willingness to pay for dates: A hybrid choice model approach," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202720, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- De Marchi, Elisa & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Banterle, Alessandro, 2016. "Time preferences and food choices: Evidence from a choice experiment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 99-109.
- Wachenheim, Cheryl & Hovde, Scott & Hearne, Robert & Nganje, William, 2015.
"Identifying Market Preferences for High Selenium Beef,"
Journal of Food Distribution Research,
Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 46(3), November.
- Hovde, Scott C. & Wachenheim, Cheryl J. & Hearne, Robert R. & Nganje, William E., 2007. "Identifying Market Preferences for High Selenium Beef," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 7633, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Moser, Riccarda & Raffaelli, Roberta & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2011. "Consumer Preferences for Fruit and Vegetables with Credence-Based Attributes: A Review," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 14(2).
- Jaqueline Garcia-Yi, 2014. "Market-Based Instruments for the Conservation of Underutilized Crops: In-Store Experimental Auction of Native Chili Products in Bolivia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-19, November.
- Shi, Lijia & House, Lisa & Gao, Zhifeng, 2012. "Consumers’ Willingness-to-pay for Organic and Local Blueberries: A Multi-store BDM Auction Controlling for Purchase Intentions," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124998, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lijia Shi & Lisa A. House & Zhifeng Gao, 2013. "Impact of Purchase Intentions on Full and Partial Bids in BDM Auctions: Willingness-to-pay for Organic and Local Blueberries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 707-718, September.
More about this item
KeywordsConjoint analysis; willingness-to-pay; auction; hypothetical; non-hypothetical; Consumer/Household Economics; Institutional and Behavioral Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ifaamr:8186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifamaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.