The Reverse Auction: A New Approach to Experimental Auction Valuation
I propose an alternative approach to auction valuation in which participants indicate the quantity they wish to buy at a series of prices, with the understanding that one will be randomly chosen as the binding price. This technique allows researchers to estimate entire demand curves as well as own-price elasticities.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jay R. Corrigan, 2005.
"Is the Experimental Auction a Dynamic Market?,"
0501, Kenyon College, Department of Economics.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Margolis, Michael & Koo, Cannon & List, John A., 2001.
"A random nth-price auction,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 409-421, December.
- Shogren, Jason F. & List, John & Hayes, Dermot J., 2000.
"Preference Learning in Consecutive Experimental Auctions,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
5023, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jason F. Shogren & John A. List & Dermot J. Hayes, 2000. "Preference Learning in Consecutive Experimental Auctions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1016-1021.
- Dermot Hayes & John List & Jason Shogren, 2000. "Preference Learning in Consecutive Experimental Auctions," Artefactual Field Experiments 00519, The Field Experiments Website.
- John Fox & Mohammad Koohmaraie & Jayson Lusk & James Mintert & Ted Schroeder, 2001.
"In-store valuation of steak tenderness,"
Framed Field Experiments
00186, The Field Experiments Website.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect and the Coase Theorem," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1325-1348, December.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- David Lucking-Reiley & John A. List, 2000.
"Demand Reduction in Multiunit Auctions: Evidence from a Sportscard Field Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 961-972, September.
- John List & David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Demand Reduction in Multiunit Auctions: Evidence from a Sportscard Field Experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00520, The Field Experiments Website.
- Groves, Theodore, 1973. "Incentives in Teams," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 617-631, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.