The Role and Success Factors of Livestock Trading Cooperatives: Lessons from German Pork Production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Key, Nigel D. & MacDonald, James M., 2006. "Agricultural Contracting Trading Autonomy for Risk Reduction," Amber Waves:The Economics of Food, Farming, Natural Resources, and Rural America, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, pages 1-6, February.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 2002. "A Comparison of Vertical Coordination in the U.S. Poultry, Egg, and Pork Industries," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33773, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F. & Harsh, Stephen B., 2001.
"Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum,"
International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 4(2), pages 1-18.
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F., 1998. "Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum," Staff Paper Series 11651, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Hansen, Mark H. & Morrow, J.L., Jr. & Batista, Juan C., 2002. "The Impact Of Trust On Cooperative Membership Retention, Performance, And Satisfaction: An Exploratory Study," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 5(1), pages 1-19.
- M. den Ouden & Aalt A. Dijkhuizen & Ruud B.M. Huirne & Peter J.P. Zuurbier, 1996. "Vertical cooperation in agricultural production-marketing chains, with special reference to product differentiation in pork," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 277-290.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Wachenheim, Cheryl J. & deHillerin, Regis & Dumler, Mike, 2001. "Producer Perceptions of Hog Marketing Cooperatives," Journal of Cooperatives, NCERA-210, vol. 16, pages 1-21.
- World Bank, 2005. "The Dynamics of Vertical Coordination in Agrifood Chains in Eastern Europe and Central Asia : Implications for Policy and World Bank Operations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8806, The World Bank.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 2002. "Vertical Coordination Of Marketing Systems: Lessons From The Poultry, Egg, And Pork Industries," Agricultural Economics Reports 34051, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Nigel Key, 2005. "How much do farmers value their independence?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(1), pages 117-126, July.
- V. James Rhodes, 1983. "The Large Agricultural Cooperative as a Competitor," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1090-1095.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valérie Barraud-Didier & Marie-Christine Henninger & Asâad El Akremi, 2012. "The Relationship Between Members' Trust and Participation in Governance of Cooperatives : The Role of Organizational Commitment," Post-Print halshs-00695926, HAL.
- Tsion Taye Assefa & Miranda P.M. Meuwissen & Cornelis Gardebroek & Alfons G.J.M. Oude Lansink, 2017. "Price and Volatility Transmission and Market Power in the German Fresh Pork Supply Chain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 861-880, September.
- Barraud-Didier, Valérie & Henninger, Marie-Christine & El Akremi, Assâad, 2012. "The Relationship Between Members’ Trust and Participation in the Governance of Cooperatives: The Role of Organizational Commitment," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Qiao Liang & Xinxin Wang, 2020. "Cooperatives as competitive yardstick in the hog industry?—Evidence from China," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(1), pages 127-145, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Livestock Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ifaamr:8164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifamaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.