Vertical Coordination by Contracts in Agribusiness - An Empirical Research in the Hungarian Dairy Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Silke Boger, 2001. "Quality and contractual choice: a transaction cost approach to the polish hog market," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 241-262, October.
- MacDonald, James M. & Perry, Janet E. & Ahearn, Mary Clare & Banker, David E. & Chambers, William & Dimitri, Carolyn & Key, Nigel D. & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Southard, Leland W., 2004. "Contracts, Markets, and Prices: Organizing the Production and Use of Agricultural Commodities," Agricultural Economics Reports 34013, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- M. den Ouden & Aalt A. Dijkhuizen & Ruud B.M. Huirne & Peter J.P. Zuurbier, 1996. "Vertical cooperation in agricultural production-marketing chains, with special reference to product differentiation in pork," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 277-290.
- Brosig, Stephan & Hockmann, Heinrich (ed.), 2005. "How effective is the invisible hand? Agricultural and food markets in Central and Eastern Europe," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 31, number 93018.
- George W. J. Hendrikse & Cees P. Veerman, 2001. "Marketing Co-operatives: An Incomplete Contracting Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 53-64.
- Kilmer, Richard L. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Carley, Dale H., 1994. "Factors Influencing Farmers' Selection Of A Milk Handler," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Michael E. Sykuta & Michael L. Cook, 2001. "A New Institutional Economics Approach to Contracts and Cooperatives," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1273-1279.
- Jill E. Hobbs, 1997. "Measuring the Importance of Transaction Costs in Cattle Marketing," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1083-1095.
- Gow, Hamish R & Swinnen, Johan F M, 1998. "Up- and Downstream Restructuring, Foreign Direct Investment, and Hold-Up Problems in Agricultural Transition," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 331-350.
- Staatz, John M., 1989. "Farmer Cooperative Theory: Recent Developments," Research Reports 52017, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development Business and Cooperative Programs.
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F., 1997. "The Vertical Coordination Continuum And The Determinants Of Firm-Level Coordination Strategy," Staff Papers 11817, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Klaus Drescher, 2000. "Assessing aspects of agricultural contracts: An application to German agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 385-398.
- Petri OLLILA, 1994. "Farmers' Cooperatives As Market Coordinating Institutions," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 81-102, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SzabÃ³, GÃ¡bor G. & Popovics, PÃ©ter, 2009. "Possible Ways of Market Coordination and Integration in the Hungarian Dairy Sector," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 37(1).
More about this item
KeywordsContracts; dairy sector; governance structure; vertical co-ordination; agribusiness; producers’ group; co-operation; transaction cost economics; Hungary;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:0515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehashu.html .