Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
December 1989, Volume 40, Issue 3
November 1989, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 159-185 Eliminating price supports : A political economy perspective
by Lewis, Tracy R. & Feenstra, Robert & Ware, Roger
- 187-200 Demand for charity donations in private non-profit markets : The case of the U.K
by Posnett, John & Sandler, Todd
- 201-215 Note on the shape of the optimum income tax schedule
by Sheshinski, Eytan
- 217-235 Uncertain lifetime, the annuity market, and estate taxation
by Hu, Sheng Cheng
- 237-249 Optimal two-part tariffs for inputs : The case of imperfect competition
by Panzar, J. C. & Sibley, D. S.
- 251-260 The nature of government expenditures and the shape of the laffer curve
by Gahvari, Firouz
October 1989, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-36 The deadweight loss from `non-neutral' capital income taxation
by Auerbach, Alan J.
- 37-56 Aggregate and distributional effects of fair social security
by Karni, Edi & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 57-78 How elastic is the government's demand for weapons?
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 79-97 Workfare or welfare?
by Chambers, Robert G.
- 99-134 Choice of tax base under uncertainty : Consumption or income?
by Ahsan, Syed M.
- 135-150 A game theoretical approach to reconstruction of public finance
by Futagami, Koichi
- 151-157 Inflation, taxes, and asset prices : A note on wealth effects and asset complementarity
by Agell, Jonas
August 1989, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 245-273 Analyzing the length of welfare spells
by Blank, Rebecca M.
- 275-287 Optimal firm size, taxes, and unemployment
by Burdett, Kenneth & Wright, Randall
- 289-313 Investment and shadow pricing in a growing economy with tax restrictions
by Harris, Christopher J. & Heady, Christopher J. & Mitra, Pradeep K.
- 315-334 Dynamic rent seeking
by Cairns, Robert D.
- 335-364 Labour supply, welfare rankings and the measurement of inequality
by Apps, Patricia & Savage, Elizabeth
- 365-375 Concentrated objective functions for nonlinear taxation models
by Chambers, Robert G.
- 377-391 Household equivalence scales and welfare comparisons
by Lewbel, Arthur
July 1989, Volume 39, Issue 2
June 1989, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-15 Birth, death and taxes
by Abel, Andrew B.
- 17-32 An expenditure-based estimate of Britain's black economy
by Pissarides, Christopher A. & Weber, Guglielmo
- 33-44 The role of interest rate taxes in credit markets with divisible projects and asymmetric information
by De Meza, David & Webb, David C.
- 45-66 Two-part tariffs as regulatory constraints
by Vogelsang, Ingo
- 67-81 Tax reform via commodity grouping
by Gordon, James P. F.
- 83-107 The incidence of regional taxes in a general equilibrium framework
by Mutti, John & Morgan, William & Partridge, Mark
- 109-126 Capital income taxation in a two-commodity life cycle model : The role of factor intensity and asset capitalization effects
by Davies, James & Whalley, John & Hamilton, Bob
- 127-136 Why was there mandatory retirement?
by Lang, Kevin
- 137-139 Harmonisation of commodity taxes : The restricted origin principle -- comment
by Georgakopoulos, Theodore A.
April 1989, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 265-296 Tax policy, asset prices, and growth : A general equilibrium analysis
by Goulder, Lawrence H. & Summers, Lawrence H.
- 297-317 Rates of time preference and valuations of the duration of life
by Viscusi, W. Kip & Moore, Michael J.
- 319-342 A re-examination of the use of ability to pay taxes by local governments
by Goodspeed, Timothy J.
- 343-368 Temporary pareto optimum theory
by Allard, Marie & Bronsard, Camille & Richelle, Ives
- 369-385 The optimal rate of inflation and taxation
by Yakita, Akira
March 1989, Volume 38, Issue 2
February 1989, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-15 Unemployment insurance schemes for reducing the natural rate of unemployment
by Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per
- 17-32 Randomness in tax enforcement
by Scotchmer, Suzanne & Slemrod, Joel
- 33-52 Subsidies, quality, and the regulation of nursing homes
by Gertler, Paul J.
- 53-73 The transition from payroll to consumption receipts with endogenous human capital
by Lord, William
- 75-93 Efficiency versus self-financing in water quality management
by Pethig, Rudiger
- 95-115 Ramsey tax rules for economies with imperfect competition
by Myles, Gareth D.
- 117-136 Uniform labor-income taxation and economic efficiency
by Swaroop, Vinaya
December 1988, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 265-289 Migration selectivity and the effects of public programs
by Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I.
- 291-304 Why free ride? : Strategies and learning in public goods experiments
by Andreoni, James
- 305-329 Empirical measurement of horizontal inequity
by Jenkins, Stephen P.
- 331-344 Fiscal policy and the term structure of interest rates
by Benninga, Simon & Possen, Uri M.
- 345-357 Financing of public goods and noncooperative theory of bargaining
by Zion, Uri Ben & Gradstein, Mark & Spiegel, Uriel
- 359-379 An overlapping generations model of electoral competition
by Alesina, Alberto & Spear, Stephen E.
- 381-394 Incentives to transfer patients under alternative reimbursement mechanisms
by Ellis, Randall P. & Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 395-398 On consistency of conjectures in the private provision of public goods
by Scafuri, Allen J.
November 1988, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 129-145 The welfare cost of uncertain tax policy
by Skinner, Jonathan
- 147-169 Inequality and inefficiency in a model of occupational choice with asymmetric information
by Lockwood, Ben & Manning, Alan
- 171-183 Fringe benefits, income tax exemptions, and implicit subsides
by Zax, Jeffrey S.
- 185-202 Intergenerational risk sharing
by Gordon, Roger H. & Varian, Hal R.
- 203-220 A bequest-constrained economy: Welfare analysis
by Nerlove, Marc & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 221-242 Tax incidence in a hierarchical model
by Bhatia, Kul B.
- 243-260 External markets and regulation
by Anton, James J. & Gertler, Paul J.
- 261-263 A comment on the Bardsley and McRae test for a method of estimating equivalence scales
by McClements, L. D.
October 1988, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-28 Regional effects of taxes in Canada : An applied general equilibrium approach
by Jones, Rich & Whalley, John
- 29-53 Enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted
by Harrington, Winston
- 55-69 Tax evasion and strategic behaviour of the firms
by Marrelli, M. & Martina, R.
- 71-89 An indirect approach to the evaluation of producer performance
by Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Lovell, C. A. K.
- 91-102 Institutions, efficiency and the strategic behaviour of sponsors and bureaus
by Chan, Kenneth S. & Mestelman, Stuart
- 103-112 Corporate income tax incidence in the presence of sector-specific unemployment
by Miyagiwa, Kaz
- 113-120 Anatomy of tax incidence in the initially distorted economy of variable returns to scale
by Abe, Kenzo
- 121-126 Uniform progressivity, residual progression, and single-crossing
by Thistle, Paul D.
August 1988, Volume 36, Issue 3
July 1988, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 139-151 Testing the democratic hypothesis in the provision of local public goods
by Aragon, Y. & Laffont, J. J. & Le Pottier, J.
- 153-175 Labor market behavior of older men : Estimates from a Trichotomous choice model
by Haveman, Robert & Wolfe, Barbara & Warlick, Jennifer
- 177-196 Efficient pricing of natural gas : A case study of Egypt
by Martin, Ricardo & Wijnbergen, S. Van
- 197-230 Fairness, self-interest, and the politics of the progressive income tax
by Snyder, James M. & Kramer, Gerald H.
- 231-258 Privatization, internal control, and internal regulation
by Bos, Dieter & Peters, Wolfgang
- 259-267 Effects of taxes on non-market work : The swedish case
by Flood, Lennart
June 1988, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-22 Credit market efficiency and tax policy in the presence of screening costs
by De Meza, David & Webb, David C.
- 23-52 Labour supply specification and the evaluation of tax reforms
by Blundell, Richard & Meghir, Costas & Symons, Elizabeth & Walker, Ian
- 53-67 Power, majority voting, and linear income tax schedules
by Peck, Richard M.
- 69-85 Measuring the benefits of a large public investment : The case of the U.S. Federal-aid highway system
by Keeler, Theodore E. & Ying, John S.
- 87-109 A residence time model of housing markets
by Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 111-126 The effects of taxation on partnership investment
by Watson, Harry
- 127-137 Impossibility of exclusion and characteristics of public goods
by Laux-Meiselbach, Wolfgang
April 1988, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 265-287 Measuring the inefficiences of tax systems
by Kay, John & Keen, Michael
- 289-307 A test for efficiency in the supply of public education
by Bergstrom, Theodore C. & Roberts, Judith A. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L. & Shapiro, Perry
- 309-332 Private incentives in social dilemmas : The effects of incomplete information and altruism
by Palfrey, Thomas R. & Rosenthal, Howard
- 333-354 Economic competition among jurisdictions: efficiency enhancing or distortion inducing?
by Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M.
- 355-369 Taxation and the household
by Apps, Patricia F. & Rees, Ray
- 371-383 A simple model for merit good arguments
by Besley, Timothy
- 385-392 Price discriminating monetary policy : A nonuniform pricing approach
by Villamil, Anne P.
- 393-396 Note on improving the effectiveness of effective tax rates on business investment
by Sumner, Michael
March 1988, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 133-162 Community development with endogenous land use controls
by Epple, Dennis & Romer, Thomas & Filimon, Radu
- 163-181 Optimal environmental regulation under asymmetric information
by Spulber, Daniel F.
- 183-204 Withholding and non-withheld tax evasion
by Yaniv, Gideon
- 205-227 Existence of electoral equilibria with probabilistic voting
by Feldman, Allan M. & Lee, Kyung-Ho
- 229-240 Nash equilibria in models of fiscal competition
by Wildasin, David E.
- 241-249 Boundary optima and the theory of public goods supply
by Campbell, Donald E. & Truchon, Michel
- 251-263 Optimal taxation of business and individual incomes
by Chang, Ching-huei
February 1988, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-24 The analysis of agricultural price reform
by Newberry, David
- 25-56 The effect of food stamps on labor supply : A bivariate selection model
by Fraker, Thomas & Moffitt, Robert
- 57-73 Privately provided public goods in a large economy: The limits of altruism
by Andreoni, James
- 75-96 Social security and the failure of annuity markets
by Townley, Peter G. C. & Boadway, Robin W.
- 97-117 Social security, liquidity, and early retirement
by Kahn, James A.
- 119-127 Optimal shadow prices for public production
by Hagen, Kare P.
- 129-130 Some analytics of the Laffer curve : A comment
by Denicolo, Vincenzo
- 131-132 Some analytics of the Laffer curve : Reply
by Malcomson, James M.
December 1987, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 265-290 Welfare ratios and distributionally sensitive cost-benefit analysis
by Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David
- 291-309 Asymmetric information in the credit market and discount rates for public investment
by Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu
- 311-328 Limited countercyclical policies : An exploratory study
by Becketti, Sean & Haltiwanger, John
- 329-354 The consumption tax in the presence of altruistic cash and human capital bequests with endogenous fertility decisions
by Batina, Raymond G.
- 355-366 Constrained Pareto-optimal taxation of labour and capital incomes
by Svensson, Lars-Gunnar & Weibull, Jorgen W.
- 367-378 Tax design in the presence of imperfect competition : An example
by Myles, G. D.
- 379-390 The optimal linear income tax : A diagrammatic analysis
by Ihori, Toshihiro
November 1987, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 129-142 Hierarchical structure and the social costs of bribes and transfers
by Hillman, Arye L. & Katz, Eliakim
- 143-158 On the existence of Lindahl-Hotelling equilibria
by Khan, M. Ali & Vohra, Rajiv
- 159-173 Competitive equilibrium and the core in club economies with anonymous crowding
by Scotchmer, Suzanne & Wooders, Myrna Holtz
- 175-188 Preferences and demand for local public spending
by Schokkaert, Erik
- 189-210 The effect of social security on the steady state distribution of consumption
by Chu, C. Y. Cyrus
- 211-242 Shadow prices and substitution in trade distorted economies
by Buffie, Edward F.
- 243-252 The impact of public transfer expenditures on tax evasion : An experimental approach
by Becker, Winfried & Buchner, Heinz-Jurgen & Sleeking, Simon
- 253-264 A note on king and fullerton's formulae to estimate the taxation of income from capital
by Scott, M. FG.
October 1987, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-17 Disneyland monopoly, interlinkage and usurious interest rates
by Basu, Kaushik
- 19-44 Performance versus design standards in the regulation of pollution
by Besanko, David
- 45-60 The equity and efficiency of runway pricing
by Morrison, Steven A.
- 61-85 Litigation, liability, and incentives for care
by Png, I. P. L.
- 87-103 A general equilibrium model of crime commission and prevention
by Furlong, William J.
- 105-119 The effects of lump-sum subsidies on the structure of production and productivity in regulated industries
by Kim, Moshe & Spiegel, Menahem
- 121-128 Transactions technology and the time consistency of optimal policy
by Towe, Christopher M.
August 1987, Volume 33, Issue 3
July 1987, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 137-155 Optimal taxation of a non-linear pricing monopolist
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 157-172 How burdensome are capital gains taxes?: Evidence from the United States
by Poterba, James M.
- 173-206 Individual taxpayer response to tax cuts: 1982-1984 : With implications for the revenue maximizing tax rate
by Lindsey, Lawrence B.
- 207-221 Shadow prices for non-traded goods in a tax-distorted economy : Formulae and values
by Dinwiddy, Caroline & Teal, Francis
- 223-244 Corruption as a gamble
by Cadot, Olivier
- 245-260 Disentangling the demand function from the production function for local public services : The case of public safety
by Schwab, Robert M. & Zampelli, Ernest M.
- 261-271 Equity, fairness and lindahl equilibria
by Sato, Toshihiro
June 1987, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-20 Taxes and transaction costs in asset market equilibrium
by Leape, Jonathan I.
- 21-39 Towards a theory of famine relief policy
by Ravallion, Martin
- 41-57 Taxes and the number of fringe benefits received
by Turner, Robert W.
- 59-72 Stock externalities, Pigovian taxation and dynamic stability
by Brito, Dagobert L. & Intriligator, Michael D.
- 73-94 The measurement of waste in a public goods economy
by Tsuneki, Atsushi
- 95-105 Neutral taxation under uncertainty
by Fane, G.
- 107-114 Welfare effects of commodity tax harmonisation
by Keen, Michael
- 115-124 Axiomatic foundations of Hicksian measures of welfare change
by Ebert, Udo
- 125-131 A qualification concerning the efficiency of tax expenditures
by Driessen, Patrick A.
- 133-136 The efficiency of tax expenditures : Reply
by Feldstein, Martin
April 1987, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 263-285 Intertemporally consistent shadow prices in an open economy : Estimates for Cyprus
by Bell, Clive & Devarajan, Shantayanan
- 287-305 Peer group effects and educational attainment
by Arnott, Richard & Rowse, John
- 307-330 Assistance to the poor in a federal system
by Brown, Charles C. & Oates, Wallace E.
- 331-353 The impact of congestion on local public good production
by Craig, Steven G.
- 355-368 Strategic behaviour : Some experimental evidence
by Bennett, J. W.
- 369-387 The ineffectiveness of effective tax rates on business investment : A critique of Feldstein's Fisher-Schultz lecture
by Chirinko, Robert S.
- 389-396 Tax rates and business investment : Reply
by Feldstein, Martin
March 1987, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 133-158 The effects of taxation, price control and government contracts in oligopoly and monopolistic competition
by Stern, Nicholas
- 159-183 Volunteer labor supply
by Menchik, Paul L. & Weisbrod, Burton A.
- 185-201 Tax structure and public sector growth
by Feenberg, Daniel R. & Rosen, Harvey S.
- 203-214 Progressive taxation and the equal sacrifice principle
by Young, H. P.
- 215-230 Expenditure taxes, income taxes, and time-inconsistency
by Rogers, Carol Ann
- 231-246 The effect of nontransferable property rights on the efficiency of political markets : Some evidence
by Lott, John Jr.
- 247-261 A Shoven-Whalley model of a small open economy : An illustration with Philippine tariffs
by Clarete, Ramon L. & Roumasset, James A.
February 1987, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 3-24 Fiscal incidence in an overlapping generations model with a fixed asset
by Chamley, Christophe & Wright, Brian D.
- 25-51 The indexation of interest, depreciation, and capital gains and tax reform in the United States
by Fullerton, Don
- 53-77 A model of tax reform for Belgium
by Wibaut, Serge
- 79-99 An economic model of the intake disposition of juvenile offenders
by Lang, Kevin & Bell, Duran
- 101-118 Unemployment benefits and unemployment rates revisited : A general equilibrium job search model
by Mavromaras, Kostas Gr.
- 119-124 The walrasian mechanism from equal division is not monotonic with respect to variations in the number of consumers
by Chichilnisky, Graciela & Thomson, William
- 125-132 The population monotonicity property and the transfer paradox
by Jones, Ronald W.
December 1986, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 269-285 The price of government ownership : A study of the Domtar takeover
by Boardman, Anthony & Freedman, Ruth & Eckel, Catherine
- 287-305 Shadow pricing with suboptimal policy rules
by Mookherjee, Dilip
- 307-327 Strategic bias and demand for public goods : Theory and an application to the arts
by Throsby, C. D. & Withers, Glenn A.
- 329-345 Randomization of commodity taxes : An expenditure minimization approach
by Chang, F. R. & Wildasin, D. E.
- 347-376 Capital income taxation in growing open economies
by Bovenberg, A. Lans
- 377-399 The redistributive roles of unemployment insurance and the dynamics of voting
by Wright, Randall
November 1986, Volume 31, Issue 2