Journal of Public Economics
October 1991, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 113-131 Choosing tax rates and public expenditure levels using majority rule
by Bucovetsky, Sam
August 1991, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 271-300 The vanishing harberger triangle
by Sinn, Hans-Werner
- 301-335 A temporal and spatial equilibrium analysis of commuter parking
by Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin
- 337-362 Transaction costs and equilibrium pricing of congested public goods with imperfect information
by Lee, Kangoh
- 363-381 Secular cost changes and the size of government : Towards a generalized theory
by West, Edwin G.
- 383-389 Immiserizing growth with semi-public goods under consistent conjectures
by Costrell, Robert M.
- 391-395 A reconsideration of enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted
by Harford, Jon D. & Harrington, Winston
- 397-399 Tax effect in general equilibrium models with uncertainty : A generalization
by Buchholz, Wolfgang
July 1991, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 143-159 The desirability of a permanent tax amnesty
by Andreoni, James
- 161-190 Tax incidence in a simple general equilibrium model with collusion and entry
by Davidson, Carl & Martin, Lawrence
- 191-213 Contemporaneous and intertemporal child costs : Equivalent expenditure vs. equivalent income scales
by Pashardes, Panos
- 215-242 Debt and tariffs : An empirical investigation of the evolution of revenue systems
by Winer, Stanley L. & Hettich, Walter
- 243-256 How to make the fine fit the corporate crime? : An analysis of static and dynamic optimal punishment theories
by Leung, Siu Fai
- 257-261 Tax reform and uniformity : Explaining the Hatta result
by Gordon, James P. F.
- 263-270 Piecemeal tax reforms and the compensated radial elasticities of tax bases
by Fane, George
June 1991, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-28 The role of income and health risk in the choice of health insurance : Evidence from Australia
by Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K.
- 29-46 Foreign tax credits, the supply of foreign capital, and tax exporting : A numerical general equilibrium model of corporate tax reform in Canada
by Damus, Sylvester & Hobson, Paul A. R. & Thirsk, Wayne R.
- 47-68 Interstate business tax differentials and new firm location : Evidence from panel data
by Papke, Leslie E.
- 69-90 Externalities and compulsary vaccinations
by Brito, Dagobert L. & Sheshinski, Eytan & Intriligator, Michael D.
- 91-105 The welfare economics of equal access
by Olsen, Edgar O. & Rogers, Diane Lim
- 107-125 Tax evasion and occupational choice
by Pestieau, Pierre & Possen, Uri M.
- 127-133 On optimal public good provision with tax evasion
by Falkinger, Josef
- 135-141 The pricing of public intermediate goods revisited
by Yang, C. C.
April 1991, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 265-297 Do savings programs dedicated to home-ownership increase personal savings? : An analysis of the West German Bausparkassen system
by Borsch-Supan, Axel & Stahl, Konrad
- 299-320 Moving costs and housing demand : Are recent movers really in equilibrium?
by Edin, Per-Anders & Englund, Peter
- 321-352 Distributional effects of housing subsidies in the United Kingdom
by Hills, John
- 353-369 Defaults on mortgage obligations and capital requirements for U.S. savings institutions : A policy perspective
by Quigley, John M. & Van Order, Robert
- 371-397 Aging and the income value of housing wealth
by Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A.
March 1991, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 131-164 Nationalization vs. regulation of monopolies : The effects of ownership on efficiency
by Pint, Ellen M.
- 165-171 A new approach to valuing a life
by Brent, Robert J.
- 173-197 Leasing, taxes, and the cost of capital
by Edwards, J. S. S. & Mayer, C. P.
- 199-210 A note on the empirical effectiveness of formal fiscal restraints
by von Hagen, Jurgen
- 211-216 Household equivalence scales and the measurement of inequality : Transfers from the poor to the rich could decrease inequality
by Glewwe, Paul
- 217-237 Community composition and the provision of local public goods : A normative analysis
by Schwab, Robert M. & Oates, Wallace E.
- 239-261 The optimal public provision of private goods
by Munro, Alistair
February 1991, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-14 National tax policies towards product-innovating multinational enterprises
by Huizinga, Harry
- 15-35 Dynamic optimal income taxation with government commitment
by Brito, Dagobert L. & Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M. & Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 37-63 Taxation as a social choice problem : The scope of the Laffer argument
by Guesnerie, Roger & Jerison, Michael
- 65-86 Ideological conviction and persuasion in the rent-seeking society
by Congleton, Roger D.
- 87-93 The bias in favor of pro-tariff lobbies
by Fabella, Raul V.
- 95-118 Tax incidence in a two-sector growing economy with perfect foresight : Long-run analysis
by Itaya, Jun-ichi
- 119-130 Efficiency in spatial negotiations
by Dearden, James A.
December 1990, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 263-289 On measures of excess burden and their application
by Mayshar, Joram
- 291-304 Natural resources, national accounting and economic depreciation
by Hartwick, John M.
- 305-326 Uniform externalities : Two axioms for fair allocation
by Moulin, Herve
- 327-337 Tax evasion under differential taxation : The economics of income source misreporting
by Yaniv, Gideon
- 339-352 On the existence of the optimum commodity tax system : A Heuristic Proof
by Yamada, Masatoshi
- 353-374 Airport pricing : Congestion tolls, lumpy investment, and cost recovery
by Oum, Tae Hoon & Zhang, Yimin
- 375-394 Transfers and the weakest-link : An extension of Hirshleifer's analysis
by Vicary, Simon
November 1990, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 131-159 Efficient windows and labor force reduction
by Lumsdaine, Robin L. & Stock, James H. & Wise, David A.
- 161-180 State budget and inflation processes : Estimates for Poland
by Welfe, Aleksander
- 181-200 Financing higher education and majority voting
by Creedy, John & Francois, Patrick
- 201-219 The mix of social and private provision of goods and services
by Ireland, Norman J.
- 221-236 Optimal taxation with costly enforcement and evasion
by Kaplow, Louis
- 237-251 Predation by public enterprises
by Lott, John Jr.
- 253-262 On the hatta normality condition and tax reforms
by Turunen-red, Arja H.
October 1990, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-36 The regulation of multiproduct firms : Part I: Theory
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean
- 37-66 The regulation of multiproduct firms : Part II: Applications to competitive environments and policy analysis
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean
- 67-92 Evading, auditing and taxing : The equity-compliance tradeoff
by Cremer, H. & Marchand, M. & Pestieau, P.
- 93-106 Price specification and the demand for public goods
by Crane, Randall
- 107-121 Optimality, free mobility, and the regional authority in a federation
by Myers, Gordon M.
- 123-126 A distance function approach to price efficiency
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 127-129 A simple model for merit good arguments : A comment
by Feehan, James P.
August 1990, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 251-275 The willingness to pay for education in developing countries : Evidence from rural Peru
by Gertler, Paul & Glewwe, Paul
- 277-299 Investment tax credit in an open economy
by Sen, Partha & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 301-327 Some nonlinear tax effects on asset values and investment decisions under uncertainty
by Mackie-Mason, Jeffrey K.
- 329-356 Fiscal stabilization and exchange rate instability : A theoretical approach and some policy conclusions using Mexican data
by Feltenstein, Andrew & Morris, Stephen
- 357-370 Private provision of a discrete public good with uncertain cost
by Nitzan, Shmuel & Romano, Richard E.
- 371-386 Final and intermediate goods taxation in an oligopolistic economy with free entry
by Konishi, Hideki
- 387-398 Housing, taxes, and capital allocation
by Van Order, Robert
July 1990, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 135-147 Multinational firms and government revenues
by Kant, Chander
- 149-175 Regulatory constraints on environmental markets
by Hahn, Robert W.
- 177-193 Federal lending and the market for credit
by Gale, William G.
- 195-211 Economic effects of land taxes in an inflationary economy
by Ihori, Toshihiro
- 213-217 Boundary optima and the theory of public goods supply : A comment
by Saijo, Tatsuyoshi
- 219-243 The economics of indeterminacy in overlapping generations models
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Levine, David K.
- 245-247 A note on the optimal use of nonmonetary sanctions
by Kaplow, Louis
June 1990, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-45 Policy reform, shadow prices, and market prices
by Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas
- 47-66 Welfare analysis and intertemporal substitution
by Keen, Michael
- 67-88 Oligopolistic competition and economic welfare : A general equilibrium analysis of entry regulation and tax-subsidy schemes
by Konishi, Hideki & Okuno-Fujiwara, Masahiro & Suzumura, Kotaro
- 89-104 Efficient liability rules for an economy with non-identical individuals
by Emons, Winand
- 105-123 Tariff policy, income distribution, and long-run structural adjustment in a dual economy : A numerical analysis
by McMahon, Gary
- 125-133 On the interpretation of the modified samuelson rule for public goods in static models with heterogeneity
by Batina, Raymond G.
April 1990, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 277-296 Tax reform results with different demand systems
by Decoster, Andre & Schokkaert, Erik
- 297-317 Taxing capital in a large, open economy
by Sibert, Anne
- 319-333 Plea bargaining with the irs
by Chu, C. Y. Cyrus
- 335-350 On Pareto improving commodity tax changes under fiscal competition
by de Crombrugghe, Alain & Tulkens, Henry
- 351-367 Inequality and welfare in market economies
by Foster, James E. & Majumdar, Mukul K. & Mitra, Tapan
- 369-387 Regulating externalities through testing
by Grieson, Ronald E. & Singh, Nirvikar
- 389-400 Public goods and dynamic efficiency : The modified Samuelson rule
by Batina, Raymond G.
March 1990, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 147-182 A dynamic model of voter behavior and the demand for public goods among social groups in Great Britain
by Schram, Arthur J. H. C.
- 183-210 A model of female labour supply in the presence of hours restrictions
by Ilmakunnas, Seija & Pudney, Stephen
- 211-225 Victim compensation revisited : Efficiency versus equity in the siting of noxious facilities
by Sullivan, Arthur M.
- 227-248 Endogenous fertility, Ricardian equivalence, and debt management policy
by Lapan, Harvey E. & Enders, Walter
- 249-261 The constitutional politics of public debt
by Flowers, Marilyn R.
- 263-276 Marginal welfare cost calculations : Differential analysis vs. balanced-budget analysis
by Ballard, Charles L.
February 1990, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 3-29 The design of direct taxation and family benefits
by Atkinson, A. B. & Bourguignon, F.
- 31-43 Imperfect annuity markets, unintended bequests, and the optimal age structure of social security benefits
by Feldstein, Martin
- 45-72 The impact of the potential duration of unemployment benefits on the duration of unemployment
by Katz, Lawrence F. & Meyer, Bruce D.
- 73-99 Incentive effects of workers' compensation insurance
by Krueger, Alan B.
- 101-124 The effect of the U.S. welfare system on marital status
by Moffitt, Robert
- 125-145 Wage differentials between the public and private sectors
by Pederson, P. J. & Schmidt-Sorensen, J. B. & Smith, N. & Westergard-Nielsen, N.
December 1989, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 261-292 Measuring the cost of capital when taxes are changing with foresight
by Robson, Mark H.
- 293-318 Tobin's q, investment, and the endogenous adjustment of financial structure
by Osterberg, William P.
- 319-330 Taxation, risk, and returns to scale
by Peck, Richard M.
- 331-347 General equilibrium analysis of black and white markets: a computational approach
by Nguyen, Trien T. & Whalley, John
- 349-358 Relative shadow prices and the shadow exchange rate
by Dinwiddy, Caroline & Teal, Francis
- 359-367 Commodity taxation and imperfect competition : A note on the effects of entry
by Besley, Timothy
November 1989, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 159-185 Eliminating price supports : A political economy perspective
by Lewis, Tracy R. & Feenstra, Robert & Ware, Roger
- 187-200 Demand for charity donations in private non-profit markets : The case of the U.K
by Posnett, John & Sandler, Todd
- 201-215 Note on the shape of the optimum income tax schedule
by Sheshinski, Eytan
- 217-235 Uncertain lifetime, the annuity market, and estate taxation
by Hu, Sheng Cheng
- 237-249 Optimal two-part tariffs for inputs : The case of imperfect competition
by Panzar, J. C. & Sibley, D. S.
- 251-260 The nature of government expenditures and the shape of the laffer curve
by Gahvari, Firouz
October 1989, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-36 The deadweight loss from `non-neutral' capital income taxation
by Auerbach, Alan J.
- 37-56 Aggregate and distributional effects of fair social security
by Karni, Edi & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 57-78 How elastic is the government's demand for weapons?
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 79-97 Workfare or welfare?
by Chambers, Robert G.
- 99-134 Choice of tax base under uncertainty : Consumption or income?
by Ahsan, Syed M.
- 135-150 A game theoretical approach to reconstruction of public finance
by Futagami, Koichi
- 151-157 Inflation, taxes, and asset prices : A note on wealth effects and asset complementarity
by Agell, Jonas
August 1989, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 245-273 Analyzing the length of welfare spells
by Blank, Rebecca M.
- 275-287 Optimal firm size, taxes, and unemployment
by Burdett, Kenneth & Wright, Randall
- 289-313 Investment and shadow pricing in a growing economy with tax restrictions
by Harris, Christopher J. & Heady, Christopher J. & Mitra, Pradeep K.
- 315-334 Dynamic rent seeking
by Cairns, Robert D.
- 335-364 Labour supply, welfare rankings and the measurement of inequality
by Apps, Patricia & Savage, Elizabeth
- 365-375 Concentrated objective functions for nonlinear taxation models
by Chambers, Robert G.
- 377-391 Household equivalence scales and welfare comparisons
by Lewbel, Arthur
July 1989, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 141-156 Publicly provided disaster insurance for health and the control of moral hazard
by Besley, Timothy
- 157-176 Tax-transfer policies and the voluntary provision of public goods
by Boadway, Robin & Pestieau, Pierre & Wildasin, David
- 177-206 The value of screening mechanisms under alternative insurance possibilities
by Hoy, Michael
- 207-221 Between anarchy and leviathan : A note on the design of federal states
by Bell, Christopher Ross
- 223-237 Indirect tax evasion and production efficiency
by Virmani, Arvind
- 239-243 A note on the continuity of incentive schedules
by Weibull, Jorgen W.
June 1989, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-15 Birth, death and taxes
by Abel, Andrew B.
- 17-32 An expenditure-based estimate of Britain's black economy
by Pissarides, Christopher A. & Weber, Guglielmo
- 33-44 The role of interest rate taxes in credit markets with divisible projects and asymmetric information
by De Meza, David & Webb, David C.
- 45-66 Two-part tariffs as regulatory constraints
by Vogelsang, Ingo
- 67-81 Tax reform via commodity grouping
by Gordon, James P. F.
- 83-107 The incidence of regional taxes in a general equilibrium framework
by Mutti, John & Morgan, William & Partridge, Mark
- 109-126 Capital income taxation in a two-commodity life cycle model : The role of factor intensity and asset capitalization effects
by Davies, James & Whalley, John & Hamilton, Bob
- 127-136 Why was there mandatory retirement?
by Lang, Kevin
- 137-139 Harmonisation of commodity taxes : The restricted origin principle -- comment
by Georgakopoulos, Theodore A.
April 1989, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 265-296 Tax policy, asset prices, and growth : A general equilibrium analysis
by Goulder, Lawrence H. & Summers, Lawrence H.
- 297-317 Rates of time preference and valuations of the duration of life
by Viscusi, W. Kip & Moore, Michael J.
- 319-342 A re-examination of the use of ability to pay taxes by local governments
by Goodspeed, Timothy J.
- 343-368 Temporary pareto optimum theory
by Allard, Marie & Bronsard, Camille & Richelle, Ives
- 369-385 The optimal rate of inflation and taxation
by Yakita, Akira
March 1989, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 137-182 Income tax evasion : An intersectoral analysis
by Kesselman, Jonathan R.
- 183-198 Overlapping families of infinitely-lived agents
by Weil, Philippe
- 199-213 State mandates and interest group lobbying
by Hoyt, William H. & Toma, Eugenia Froedge
- 215-226 Estimating the welfare implications of in-kind government programs : A general numerical approach
by de Borger, Bruno
- 227-247 The effect of the investment tax credit on the value of the firm
by Lyon, Andrew B.
- 249-264 Insurance and economic growth
by Taub, B.
February 1989, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-15 Unemployment insurance schemes for reducing the natural rate of unemployment
by Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per
- 17-32 Randomness in tax enforcement
by Scotchmer, Suzanne & Slemrod, Joel
- 33-52 Subsidies, quality, and the regulation of nursing homes
by Gertler, Paul J.
- 53-73 The transition from payroll to consumption receipts with endogenous human capital
by Lord, William
- 75-93 Efficiency versus self-financing in water quality management
by Pethig, Rudiger
- 95-115 Ramsey tax rules for economies with imperfect competition
by Myles, Gareth D.
- 117-136 Uniform labor-income taxation and economic efficiency
by Swaroop, Vinaya
December 1988, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 265-289 Migration selectivity and the effects of public programs
by Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I.
- 291-304 Why free ride? : Strategies and learning in public goods experiments
by Andreoni, James
- 305-329 Empirical measurement of horizontal inequity
by Jenkins, Stephen P.
- 331-344 Fiscal policy and the term structure of interest rates
by Benninga, Simon & Possen, Uri M.
- 345-357 Financing of public goods and noncooperative theory of bargaining
by Zion, Uri Ben & Gradstein, Mark & Spiegel, Uriel
- 359-379 An overlapping generations model of electoral competition
by Alesina, Alberto & Spear, Stephen E.
- 381-394 Incentives to transfer patients under alternative reimbursement mechanisms
by Ellis, Randall P. & Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 395-398 On consistency of conjectures in the private provision of public goods
by Scafuri, Allen J.
November 1988, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 129-145 The welfare cost of uncertain tax policy
by Skinner, Jonathan
- 147-169 Inequality and inefficiency in a model of occupational choice with asymmetric information
by Lockwood, Ben & Manning, Alan
- 171-183 Fringe benefits, income tax exemptions, and implicit subsides
by Zax, Jeffrey S.
- 185-202 Intergenerational risk sharing
by Gordon, Roger H. & Varian, Hal R.
- 203-220 A bequest-constrained economy: Welfare analysis
by Nerlove, Marc & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 221-242 Tax incidence in a hierarchical model
by Bhatia, Kul B.
- 243-260 External markets and regulation
by Anton, James J. & Gertler, Paul J.
- 261-263 A comment on the Bardsley and McRae test for a method of estimating equivalence scales
by McClements, L. D.
October 1988, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-28 Regional effects of taxes in Canada : An applied general equilibrium approach
by Jones, Rich & Whalley, John
- 29-53 Enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted
by Harrington, Winston
- 55-69 Tax evasion and strategic behaviour of the firms
by Marrelli, M. & Martina, R.
- 71-89 An indirect approach to the evaluation of producer performance
by Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Lovell, C. A. K.
- 91-102 Institutions, efficiency and the strategic behaviour of sponsors and bureaus
by Chan, Kenneth S. & Mestelman, Stuart
- 103-112 Corporate income tax incidence in the presence of sector-specific unemployment
by Miyagiwa, Kaz
- 113-120 Anatomy of tax incidence in the initially distorted economy of variable returns to scale
by Abe, Kenzo
- 121-126 Uniform progressivity, residual progression, and single-crossing
by Thistle, Paul D.
August 1988, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 269-292 The line item veto and public sector budgets : Evidence from the states
by Holtz-Eakin, Douglas
- 293-304 Rate of return regulation and product variety
by Besanko, David & Donnenfeld, Shabtai
- 305-321 Unwillingness to pay : Tax evasion and public good provision
by Cowell, Frank A. & P.F. Gordon, James
- 323-337 Decentralization decisions in bureaucracies as a principal-agent problem
by de Groot, Hans
- 339-367 Lump-sum taxation and the superneutrality and optimum quantity of money in life cycle growth models
by Gahvari, Firouz
- 369-386 Altruism and efficiency : A welfare analysis of the Walrasian mechanism with transfers
by Kranich, Laurence J.
- 387-397 On the existence of Pareto optimal allocations when individual welfare depends on relative consumption
by Villar, Antonio
July 1988, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 139-151 Testing the democratic hypothesis in the provision of local public goods
by Aragon, Y. & Laffont, J. J. & Le Pottier, J.
- 153-175 Labor market behavior of older men : Estimates from a Trichotomous choice model
by Haveman, Robert & Wolfe, Barbara & Warlick, Jennifer
- 177-196 Efficient pricing of natural gas : A case study of Egypt
by Martin, Ricardo & Wijnbergen, S. Van
- 197-230 Fairness, self-interest, and the politics of the progressive income tax
by Snyder, James M. & Kramer, Gerald H.
- 231-258 Privatization, internal control, and internal regulation
by Bos, Dieter & Peters, Wolfgang
- 259-267 Effects of taxes on non-market work : The swedish case
by Flood, Lennart
June 1988, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-22 Credit market efficiency and tax policy in the presence of screening costs
by De Meza, David & Webb, David C.
- 23-52 Labour supply specification and the evaluation of tax reforms
by Blundell, Richard & Meghir, Costas & Symons, Elizabeth & Walker, Ian