The impact of mortgage interest-rate subsidies on household borrowing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nuno Martins & Ernesto Villanueva, 2006. "Does limited access to mortgage debt explain why young adults live with their parents?," Working Papers 0628, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Gervais, Martin, 2002. "Housing taxation and capital accumulation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1461-1489, October.
- Maite Martínez-Granado & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2002.
"The decisions of Spanish youth: A cross-section study,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 305-330.
- Maite Martínez & J. Ruiz Castillo, "undated". "The decisions of Spanish youth: A cross-section study," Studies on the Spanish Economy 14, FEDEA.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Ekaterini Kyriazidou, 2008.
"Credit Constraints In The Market For Consumer Durables: Evidence From Micro Data On Car Loans,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(2), pages 401-436, May.
- Orazio Attanasio & Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Ekaterini Kyriazidou, 2000. "Credit Constraints in the Market for Consumer Durables: Evidence from Micro Data on Car Loans," NBER Working Papers 7694, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean M. Maki, 2001. "Household Debt and the Tax Reform Act of 1986," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 305-319, March.
- David B. Gross & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2002. "Do Liquidity Constraints and Interest Rates Matter for Consumer Behavior? Evidence from Credit Card Data," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 149-185.
- Rob Alessie & Stefan Hochguertel & Guglielmo Weber, 2005. "Consumer Credit: Evidence From Italian Micro Data," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(1), pages 144-178, March.
- Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Larribeau, Sophie, 2003.
"The Bank's Market Power and the Interest Rate Elasticity of Demand for Housing: An Econometric Study of Discrimination on French Mortgage Data,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3745, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert Gary-Bobo & Sophie Larribeau, 2003. "The bank's market power and the interest-rate elasticity of demand for housing : an econometric study of discrimination on French mortgage data," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00069667, HAL.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2003.
"The Benefits of the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 17, pages 37-82
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2002. "The Benefits of the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction," NBER Working Papers 9284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Nuno C. Martins & Ernesto Villanueva, 2003.
"The impact of interest-rate subsidies on long-term household debt: Evidence from a large program,"
Economics Working Papers
713, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Nuno C. Martins & Ernesto Villanueva, 2003. "The Impact of Interest-rate Subsidies on Long-term Household Debt: Evidence from a Large Program," Working Papers w200314, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Nuno Martins & Ernesto Villanueva, 2005. "The impact of interest-rate subsidies on long-term household debt: evidence from a large program," DNB Working Papers 026, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2003:i:71-72:p:15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tullio Jappelli & Luigi Pistaferri, 2002.
"Incentives to Borrow and the Demand for Mortgage Debt: An Analysis of Tax Reforms,"
CSEF Working Papers
90, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pistaferri, Luigi, 2004. "Incentives to Borrow and the Demand for Mortgage Debt: An Analysis of Tax Reforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 3903, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jessse M. Shapiro, 2002. "The Benefits of the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1979, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mojon, Benoît & Kashyap, Anil K. & Angeloni, Ignazio & Terlizzese, Daniele, 2002. "Monetary Transmission in the Euro Area : Where Do We Stand?," Working Paper Series 0114, European Central Bank.
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Taxation and Portfolio Structure: Issues and Implications," NBER Working Papers 8223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tullio Jappelli, 1990. "Who is Credit Constrained in the U. S. Economy?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 219-234.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luisa Farinha, 2007. "Indebtedness of Portuguese Households: Recent Evidence Based on the Household Wealth Survey 2006-2007," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- André Ebner, 2013. "Capital Inflows to Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland: A Sector-Level View," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 333-361, December.
- Sule Alan & Søren Leth-Petersen, 2006.
"Tax Incentives and Household Portfolios: A Panel Data Analysis,"
Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers
163, McMaster University.
- Sule Alan & Søren Leth-Petersen, 2006. "Tax Incentives and Household Portfolios: A Panel Data Analysis," CAM Working Papers 2006-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Cenkhan Sahin, 2016. "Macroeconomic effects of mortgage interest deduction," DNB Working Papers 514, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Anthony A. DeFusco & Andrew Paciorek, 2017.
"The Interest Rate Elasticity of Mortgage Demand: Evidence from Bunching at the Conforming Loan Limit,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 210-240, February.
- DeFusco, Anthony & Paciorek, Andrew D., 2014. "The Interest Rate Elasticity of Mortgage Demand: Evidence From Bunching at the Conforming Loan Limit," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Guido Wolswijk, 2006.
"Determinants of Mortgage Debt Growth in EU Countries,"
International Journal of Housing Policy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 131-149.
- Guido Wolswijk, 2006. "Determinants of Mortgage Debt Growth in EU Countries," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 131-149, August.
- Neil Bhutta & Daniel R. Ringo, 2017. "The Effect of Interest Rates on Home Buying : Evidence from a Discontinuity in Mortgage Insurance Premiums," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-086, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alan, Sule & Leth-Petersen, Søren & Munk-Nielsen, Anders, 2016. "Tax incentives and borrowing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 162-164.
- Dietsch, Michel & Petey, Joël, 2015. "The credit-risk implications of home ownership promotion: The effects of public subsidies and adjustable-rate loans," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 103-120.
- Wolswijk, Guido, 2005. "On some fiscal effects on mortgage debt growth in the EU," Working Paper Series 526, European Central Bank.
- Annelies Hoebeeck & Koen Inghelbrecht, 2017. "The impact of the mortgage interest and capital deduction scheme on the Belgian mortgage market," Working Paper Research 327, National Bank of Belgium.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:90:y:2006:i:8-9:p:1601-1623. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .