Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
March 1993, Volume 50, Issue 3
February 1993, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 149-167 Qalys
by Broome, John
- 169-196 Approaches to efficient capital taxation : Leveling the playing field vs. living by the golden rule
by Goulder, Lawrence H. & Thalmann, Philippe
- 197-229 Optimal non-linear pricing with regulatory preference over customer type
by Sharkey, William W. & Sibley, David S.
- 231-252 The impact of a nonlinear income tax on the supply of roundwood in Sweden : A policy evaluation experiment based on cross-section data
by Aronsson, Thomas
- 253-259 Time constraints in consumption and savings behavior
by Tanzi, Vito & Zee, Howell H.
- 261-275 Tax evasion and optimal commodity taxation
by Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz
- 277-289 Individual production, community characteristics and the provision of local public services
by Schwartz, Amy Ellen
- 291-298 Voting over income tax progression in a two-period model
by Creedy, John & Francois, Patrick
January 1993, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 1-14 Reconciling voters' behavior with legislative term limits
by Dick, Andrew R. & Lott, John Jr.
- 15-30 Productive efficiency in public and private firms
by De Fraja, Giovanni
- 31-62 Uncertainty resolution and the timing of annuity purchases
by Brugiavini, Agar
- 63-76 Reference-price-independent welfare prescriptions
by Blackorby, Charles & Laisney, Francois & Schmachtenberg, Rolf
- 77-91 Welfare effects of unfunded pension systems when labor supply is endogenous
by Breyer, Friedrich & Straub, Martin
- 93-114 Price and income distortions under separate spending and taxing decisions
by Holsey, Cheryl M.
- 115-141 Alternative tax regimes in a local public good economy
by Pogodzinski, J. M. & Sjoquist, David L.
- 143-146 Household equivalence scales and welfare comparisons: A comment
by Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David
- 147-148 Household equivalence scales and welfare comparisons: Reply
by Lewbel, Arthur
December 1992, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 261-285 A direct examination of the dividend clientele hypothesis
by Scholz, John Karl
- 287-312 Substitution between unemployment insurance and workers' compensation : An analysis applied to the risk of workplace accidents
by Fortin, Bernard & Lanoie, Paul
- 313-331 Evading the use tax on cross-border sales : Pricing and welfare effects
by Trandel, Gregory A.
- 333-349 Corruption in tax administration
by Chander, Parkash & Wilde, Louis
- 351-367 The comparison between ad valorem and specific taxation under imperfect competition
by Delipalla, Sofia & Keen, Michael
- 369-381 Social contract, taxation and the standing of deadweight loss
by Musgrave, Richard A.
- 383-387 Some properties of egalitarian economies
by Kemp, Murray C. & Van Long, Ngo
- 389-390 The uniqueness of Nash equilibrium in the private provision of public goods : An alternative proof
by Fraser, Clive D.
- 391-392 Uniqueness of Nash equilibrium in private provision of public goods : An improved proof
by Bergstrom, Ted C. & Blume, Larry & Varian, Hal
November 1992, Volume 49, Issue 2
October 1992, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-33 Economic incentives and political institutions: Spending and voting in school budget referenda
by Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard & Munley, Vincent G.
- 35-46 IRS as loan shark tax compliance with borrowing constraints
by Andreoni, James
- 47-73 A reexamination of the optimal nonlinear income tax
by Ebert, Udo
- 75-90 Entry barriers in politics and uncontested elections
by Morris Coats, R. & Dalton, Thomas R.
- 91-106 Social security, longevity, and moral hazard
by Davies, James B. & Kuhn, Peter
- 107-121 The role of party reputation in the formation of policy
by Harrington, Joseph Jr.
- 123-134 Fiscal policy, seasonality, and intertemporal substitution of investment spending in the UK
by Summer, Michael
August 1992, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 269-292 The effect of subsidies in kind on the choice of a college
by Ganderton, Philip T.
- 293-316 Introducing risky housing and endogenous tenure choice into a portfolio-based general equilibrium model
by Hendershott, Patric H. & Won, Yunhi
- 317-347 The social value of hidden information in adverse selection economies
by Crocker, Keith J. & Snow, Arthur
- 349-359 Notes on bribery and the control of corruption
by Basu, Kaushik & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Mishra, Ajit
- 361-375 Competitive tax theory in open economies : Constrained inefficiency and a Pigovian remedy
by Krelove, R.
- 377-384 Life-cycle valuation of social security and pension wealth
by Mirer, Thad W.
- 385-401 Impure public goods and transfers in a three-agent model
by Ihori, Toshihiro
July 1992, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 135-163 Pressure groups and redistribution
by Kristov, Lorenzo & Lindert, Peter & McClelland, Robert
- 165-183 Understanding welfare stigma: Taxpayer resentment and statistical discrimination
by Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen
- 185-205 Sensitivity analysis for DEA models : An empirical example using public vs. NFP hospitals
by Valdmanis, Vivian
- 207-223 Fiscal illusion, uncertainty, and the flypaper effect
by Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 225-237 Effective tax rates and Tobin's q
by Iwamoto, Yasushi
- 239-258 Pay-as-you-go public pensions with endogenous fertility
by Nishimura, Kazuo & Zhang, Junsen
- 259-268 Allocation of information by majority decisions
by Gersbach, Hans
June 1992, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-19 The Harambee movement and efficient public good provision in Kenya
by Wilson, L. S.
- 21-38 Why do people pay taxes?
by Alm, James & McClelland, Gary H. & Schulze, William D.
- 39-66 Problems with integrating corporate and personal income taxes in an open economy
by Boadway, Robin & Bruce, Neil
- 67-81 A welfare comparison of private and public monopoly
by Roemer, John E. & Silvestre, Joaquim
- 83-118 Public facility location and urban spatial structure : Equilibrium and welfare analysis
by Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Wildasin, David E.
- 119-133 Voluntary contributions to united charities
by Bilodeau, Marc
April 1992, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 299-320 Fair wages, involuntary unemployment and tax policies in the simple general equilibrium model
by Agell, Jonas & Lundborg, Per
- 321-341 Gifts of money and gifts of time estimating the effects of tax prices and available time
by Brown, Eleanor & Lankford, Hamilton
- 343-359 The tax treatment of R&D expenditures of multinational enterprises
by Huizinga, Harry
- 361-380 Population uncertainty, social insurance
by Brandts, Jordi & de Bartolome, Charles A. M.
- 381-390 Trade deflection, trade distortions, and Pareto inefficiencies under the restricted origin principle
by Georgakopoulos, T.
- 391-399 Price uncertainty and trader-farmer linkage
by Fabella, Raul V.
March 1992, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 137-139 Editorial introduction
by Stern, Nicholas
- 141-170 Tax policy and business fixed investment in the United States
by Auerbach, Alan J. & Hassett, Kevin
- 171-205 Debt, deficits, and inflation: An application to the public finances of India
by Buiter, Willem H. & Patel, Urjit R.
- 207-225 Commodity taxation with administered and free market prices: theory and an application to China
by Heady, Christopher J. & Mitra, Pradeep K.
- 227-251 Tariff design and reform in a revenue-constrained economy: Theory and an illustration from India
by Mitra, Pradeep K.
- 253-271 Agricultural pricing and public investment
by Newbery, David M.
- 273-297 From the static to the dynamic: some problems in the theory of taxation
by Stern, Nicholas
February 1992, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 3-26 Measurement of income inequality : Experimental test by questionnaire
by Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank A.
- 27-57 Optimal taxation and debt in an open economy
by Anderson, James E. & Young, Leslie
- 59-84 Q and the tax bias theory : The role of depreciation tax shields
by Downs, Thomas W.
- 85-106 Voluntary provision of public goods : The multiple unit case
by Bagnoli, Mark & Ben-David, Shaul & McKee, Michael
- 107-124 Surplus from publicness in consumption and its equitable distribution
by Otsuki, Mikiro
- 125-136 Transfer pricing reconsidered
by Ronen, Joshua
December 1991, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 267-290 The validity of piecemeal second-best policy
by Blackorby, Charles & Davidson, Russell & Schworm, William
- 291-306 A model of optimal fines for repeat offenders
by Mitchell Polinsky, A. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L.
- 307-328 Exemption versus zero rating : A hidden problem of VAT
by Gottfried, Peter & Wiegard, Wolfgang
- 329-345 The effect of taxes on labour in efficiency wage models
by Pisauro, Giuseppe
- 347-381 Investment and government intervention in credit markets when there is asymmetric information
by Innes, Robert
- 383-400 An economic analysis of tax amnesties
by Stella, Peter
November 1991, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 133-162 Optimal linear income taxation in models with occupational choice
by Boadway, Robin & Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre
- 163-180 Migration with fiscal externalities
by Hercowitz, Zvi & Pines, David
- 181-197 Economic models of NATO
by Weber, Shlomo & Wiesmeth, Hans
- 199-226 The effects of social security in a life cycle family labor supply simulation model
by Craig, Ben & Batina, Raymond G.
- 227-246 Steady-state solutions of optimal tax mixes in an overlapping-generations model
by Park, No-Ho
- 247-259 Implementation of Lindahl allocations with nontotal--nontransitive preferences
by Tian, Guoqiang
- 261-266 A note on egalitarian and efficient allocations with externalities in consumption
by Nieto, Jorge
October 1991, Volume 46, Issue 1
August 1991, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 271-300 The vanishing harberger triangle
by Sinn, Hans-Werner
- 301-335 A temporal and spatial equilibrium analysis of commuter parking
by Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin
- 337-362 Transaction costs and equilibrium pricing of congested public goods with imperfect information
by Lee, Kangoh
- 363-381 Secular cost changes and the size of government : Towards a generalized theory
by West, Edwin G.
- 383-389 Immiserizing growth with semi-public goods under consistent conjectures
by Costrell, Robert M.
- 391-395 A reconsideration of enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted
by Harford, Jon D. & Harrington, Winston
- 397-399 Tax effect in general equilibrium models with uncertainty : A generalization
by Buchholz, Wolfgang
July 1991, Volume 45, Issue 2
June 1991, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-28 The role of income and health risk in the choice of health insurance : Evidence from Australia
by Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K.
- 29-46 Foreign tax credits, the supply of foreign capital, and tax exporting : A numerical general equilibrium model of corporate tax reform in Canada
by Damus, Sylvester & Hobson, Paul A. R. & Thirsk, Wayne R.
- 47-68 Interstate business tax differentials and new firm location : Evidence from panel data
by Papke, Leslie E.
- 69-90 Externalities and compulsary vaccinations
by Brito, Dagobert L. & Sheshinski, Eytan & Intriligator, Michael D.
- 91-105 The welfare economics of equal access
by Olsen, Edgar O. & Rogers, Diane Lim
- 107-125 Tax evasion and occupational choice
by Pestieau, Pierre & Possen, Uri M.
- 127-133 On optimal public good provision with tax evasion
by Falkinger, Josef
- 135-141 The pricing of public intermediate goods revisited
by Yang, C. C.
April 1991, Volume 44, Issue 3
March 1991, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 131-164 Nationalization vs. regulation of monopolies : The effects of ownership on efficiency
by Pint, Ellen M.
- 165-171 A new approach to valuing a life
by Brent, Robert J.
- 173-197 Leasing, taxes, and the cost of capital
by Edwards, J. S. S. & Mayer, C. P.
- 199-210 A note on the empirical effectiveness of formal fiscal restraints
by von Hagen, Jurgen
- 211-216 Household equivalence scales and the measurement of inequality : Transfers from the poor to the rich could decrease inequality
by Glewwe, Paul
- 217-237 Community composition and the provision of local public goods : A normative analysis
by Schwab, Robert M. & Oates, Wallace E.
- 239-261 The optimal public provision of private goods
by Munro, Alistair
February 1991, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-14 National tax policies towards product-innovating multinational enterprises
by Huizinga, Harry
- 15-35 Dynamic optimal income taxation with government commitment
by Brito, Dagobert L. & Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M. & Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 37-63 Taxation as a social choice problem : The scope of the Laffer argument
by Guesnerie, Roger & Jerison, Michael
- 65-86 Ideological conviction and persuasion in the rent-seeking society
by Congleton, Roger D.
- 87-93 The bias in favor of pro-tariff lobbies
by Fabella, Raul V.
- 95-118 Tax incidence in a two-sector growing economy with perfect foresight : Long-run analysis
by Itaya, Jun-ichi
- 119-130 Efficiency in spatial negotiations
by Dearden, James A.
December 1990, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 263-289 On measures of excess burden and their application
by Mayshar, Joram
- 291-304 Natural resources, national accounting and economic depreciation
by Hartwick, John M.
- 305-326 Uniform externalities : Two axioms for fair allocation
by Moulin, Herve
- 327-337 Tax evasion under differential taxation : The economics of income source misreporting
by Yaniv, Gideon
- 339-352 On the existence of the optimum commodity tax system : A Heuristic Proof
by Yamada, Masatoshi
- 353-374 Airport pricing : Congestion tolls, lumpy investment, and cost recovery
by Oum, Tae Hoon & Zhang, Yimin
- 375-394 Transfers and the weakest-link : An extension of Hirshleifer's analysis
by Vicary, Simon
November 1990, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 131-159 Efficient windows and labor force reduction
by Lumsdaine, Robin L. & Stock, James H. & Wise, David A.
- 161-180 State budget and inflation processes : Estimates for Poland
by Welfe, Aleksander
- 181-200 Financing higher education and majority voting
by Creedy, John & Francois, Patrick
- 201-219 The mix of social and private provision of goods and services
by Ireland, Norman J.
- 221-236 Optimal taxation with costly enforcement and evasion
by Kaplow, Louis
- 237-251 Predation by public enterprises
by Lott, John Jr.
- 253-262 On the hatta normality condition and tax reforms
by Turunen-red, Arja H.
October 1990, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-36 The regulation of multiproduct firms : Part I: Theory
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean
- 37-66 The regulation of multiproduct firms : Part II: Applications to competitive environments and policy analysis
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean
- 67-92 Evading, auditing and taxing : The equity-compliance tradeoff
by Cremer, H. & Marchand, M. & Pestieau, P.
- 93-106 Price specification and the demand for public goods
by Crane, Randall
- 107-121 Optimality, free mobility, and the regional authority in a federation
by Myers, Gordon M.
- 123-126 A distance function approach to price efficiency
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 127-129 A simple model for merit good arguments : A comment
by Feehan, James P.
August 1990, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 251-275 The willingness to pay for education in developing countries : Evidence from rural Peru
by Gertler, Paul & Glewwe, Paul
- 277-299 Investment tax credit in an open economy
by Sen, Partha & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 301-327 Some nonlinear tax effects on asset values and investment decisions under uncertainty
by Mackie-Mason, Jeffrey K.
- 329-356 Fiscal stabilization and exchange rate instability : A theoretical approach and some policy conclusions using Mexican data
by Feltenstein, Andrew & Morris, Stephen
- 357-370 Private provision of a discrete public good with uncertain cost
by Nitzan, Shmuel & Romano, Richard E.
- 371-386 Final and intermediate goods taxation in an oligopolistic economy with free entry
by Konishi, Hideki
- 387-398 Housing, taxes, and capital allocation
by Van Order, Robert
July 1990, Volume 42, Issue 2
June 1990, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-45 Policy reform, shadow prices, and market prices
by Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas
- 47-66 Welfare analysis and intertemporal substitution
by Keen, Michael
- 67-88 Oligopolistic competition and economic welfare : A general equilibrium analysis of entry regulation and tax-subsidy schemes
by Konishi, Hideki & Okuno-Fujiwara, Masahiro & Suzumura, Kotaro
- 89-104 Efficient liability rules for an economy with non-identical individuals
by Emons, Winand
- 105-123 Tariff policy, income distribution, and long-run structural adjustment in a dual economy : A numerical analysis
by McMahon, Gary
- 125-133 On the interpretation of the modified samuelson rule for public goods in static models with heterogeneity
by Batina, Raymond G.
April 1990, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 277-296 Tax reform results with different demand systems
by Decoster, Andre & Schokkaert, Erik
- 297-317 Taxing capital in a large, open economy
by Sibert, Anne
- 319-333 Plea bargaining with the irs
by Chu, C. Y. Cyrus
- 335-350 On Pareto improving commodity tax changes under fiscal competition
by de Crombrugghe, Alain & Tulkens, Henry
- 351-367 Inequality and welfare in market economies
by Foster, James E. & Majumdar, Mukul K. & Mitra, Tapan
- 369-387 Regulating externalities through testing
by Grieson, Ronald E. & Singh, Nirvikar
- 389-400 Public goods and dynamic efficiency : The modified Samuelson rule
by Batina, Raymond G.
March 1990, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 147-182 A dynamic model of voter behavior and the demand for public goods among social groups in Great Britain
by Schram, Arthur J. H. C.
- 183-210 A model of female labour supply in the presence of hours restrictions
by Ilmakunnas, Seija & Pudney, Stephen
- 211-225 Victim compensation revisited : Efficiency versus equity in the siting of noxious facilities
by Sullivan, Arthur M.
- 227-248 Endogenous fertility, Ricardian equivalence, and debt management policy
by Lapan, Harvey E. & Enders, Walter
- 249-261 The constitutional politics of public debt
by Flowers, Marilyn R.
- 263-276 Marginal welfare cost calculations : Differential analysis vs. balanced-budget analysis
by Ballard, Charles L.
February 1990, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 3-29 The design of direct taxation and family benefits
by Atkinson, A. B. & Bourguignon, F.
- 31-43 Imperfect annuity markets, unintended bequests, and the optimal age structure of social security benefits
by Feldstein, Martin
- 45-72 The impact of the potential duration of unemployment benefits on the duration of unemployment
by Katz, Lawrence F. & Meyer, Bruce D.
- 73-99 Incentive effects of workers' compensation insurance
by Krueger, Alan B.
- 101-124 The effect of the U.S. welfare system on marital status
by Moffitt, Robert
- 125-145 Wage differentials between the public and private sectors
by Pederson, P. J. & Schmidt-Sorensen, J. B. & Smith, N. & Westergard-Nielsen, N.
December 1989, Volume 40, Issue 3