Journal of Public Economics
1985, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 255-265 A note on the effects of capital income taxation on the dynamics of a competitive economy
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B.
- 267-272 A note on the marginal tax rate in a finite economy
by Roell, Ailsa A.
1985, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-23 Input versus output incentive schemes
by Maskin, Eric & Riley, John
- 25-58 The impact of state economic differentials on household welfare and labor force behavior
by Blank, Rebecca M.
- 59-83 Redistributive taxation in a simple perfect foresight model
by Judd, Kenneth L.
- 85-94 Using corrective taxes to remedy consumer misperceptions
by Glazer, Amihai
- 95-110 The choice of excise taxes when savings and labour decisions are distorted
by Christiansen, Vidar
- 111-125 Correcting externalities through taxes on/subsidies to related goods
by Wijkander, Hans
- 127-134 Commodity taxes under uncertainty
by Fraser, R. W.
1985, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 261-280 Corporate finance side of the Q theory of investment
by Hayashi, Fumio
- 281-290 Taxation within Cournot oligopoly
by Levin, Dan
- 291-309 The taxation of capital income in an open economy: the importance of resident-nonresident tax treatment
by Mutti, John & Grubert, Harry
- 311-329 A theoretical analysis of incremental investment incentives with an application to the case of industrial R & D
by Hughes, Edward & McFetridge, D. G.
- 331-353 Tax revenue and the marginal cost of public funds in Sweden
by Hansson, Ingemar & Stuart, Charles
- 355-370 A three-sector model for real property tax incedence
by Schoettle, Ferdinand P.
- 371-387 Toward `privatization' of public sector output: decentralized contracting for public and private goods
by Collinge, Robert A.
1985, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 131-156 Population composition of cities: Restructuring the tiebout model
by Henderson, J. Vernon
- 157-175 Tax treatment of housing in a dynamic sequenced general equilibrium model
by Hamilton, Bob & Whalley, John
- 177-193 Shadow prices, consistency and the value of life
by Dobbs, Ian M.
- 195-210 The benefits of in-kind government programs
by Schwab, Robert M.
- 211-230 Optimal tax reform in the presence of adjustment costs
by Zodrow, George R.
- 231-246 Tax evasion and labor markets
by Watson, Harry
- 247-254 Optimal policy rules and regime switching in disequilibrium models
by Cuddington, John T. & Johansson, Per-Olov & Ohlsson, Henry
- 255-260 Achieving the first best in small economies
by Allen, Franklin
1985, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-23 The normative and positive aspects of the taxation of imputed rent on owner-occupied housing
by Pines, David & Sadka, Efraim & Sheshinski, Eytan
- 25-45 Profit-maximizing clubs
by Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 47-67 Candidate reputations and the `incumbency effect'
by Bernhardt, M. Daniel & Ingerman, Daniel E.
- 69-92 Urban squatting and community organization in developing countries
by Jimenez, Emmanuel
- 93-106 Endogenous fertility and optimal population size
by Eckstein, Zvi & Wolpin, Kenneth I.
- 107-115 Information-eliciting compensation schemes
by Osband, Kent & Reichelstein, Stefan
- 117-124 Consistent conjectures and voluntary contributions to public goods: why the conventional theory does not work
by Sugden, Robert
- 125-129 On the consistency of conjectures with public goods
by Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd
1985, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 269-288 Market equilibrium with private knowledge : An insurance example
by Kunreuther, Howard & Pauly, Mark
- 289-302 An alternative approach to aggregate surplus analysis
by Harris, Richard & Wildasin, David
- 303-326 Uncertain lifetimes and the welfare enhancing properties of annuity markets and social security
by Eckstein, Zvi & Eichenbaum, Martin & Peled, Dan
- 327-347 Income tax policy and lifetime labor supply
by Ippolito, Richard A.
- 349-377 The benefits and costs of the section 8 existing housing program
by Reeder, William J.
- 379-400 Technology and public goods
by Kohli, Ulrich
1985, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 135-146 Average cost pricing versus marginal cost pricing under moral hazard
by Freixas, Xavier & Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 147-167 Capital income taxation and perfect foresight
by Becker, Robert A.
- 169-189 Incentive effects of benevolent intervention : The case of government loan guarantees
by Chaney, Paul K. & Thakor, Anjan V.
- 191-205 The efficiency of equilibrium traffic flows
by Rotemberg, Julio J.
- 207-219 The efficiency of competitive equilibria in insurance markets with asymmetric information
by Crocker, Keith J. & Snow, Arthur
- 221-236 Characteristics, consumer surplus, and new activities : A proposed ski area
by Morey, Edward R.
- 237-247 The effect of an anticipated tax change on investment in Britain
by Sumner, Michael
- 249-262 Migration and education subsidies by governments : A game-theoretic analysis
by Webb, M. A.
- 263-267 Tax evasion and heuristics : A research note
by Spicer, Michael W. & Hero, Rodney E.
1985, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-18 Income tax compliance in a principal-agent framework
by Reinganum, Jennifer F. & Wilde, Louis L.
- 19-34 Tax evasion with labour income
by Cowell, Frank A.
- 35-50 On a simple rule for the optimal inflation rate in second best taxation
by Chamley, Christophe
- 51-74 Public goods provision in an experimental environment
by Mark Isaac, R. & McCue, Kenneth F. & Plott, Charles R.
- 75-87 Lifetime income and public pension : An analysis of the effect on redistribution using a two-period analysis
by Shimono, Keiko & Tachibanaki, Toshiaki
- 89-106 The relative performance of publicly-owned and privately-owned electric utilities
by Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Logan, J.
- 107-121 Tax policy and foreign direct investment
by Hartman, David G.
- 123-133 A general disequilibrium model of tax incidence
by Chang, Ching-huei
1984, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 257-258 Caesarea workshop on public economics: Introduction
by Stern, Nicholas
- 259-298 The theory of reform and indian indirect taxes
by Ahmad, Ehtisham & Stern, Nicholas
- 299-321 Quantities, qualities and multiple public services in the Tiebout model
by Berglas, Eitan
- 323-328 Transfer principles in income redistribution
by Fishburn, Peter C. & Willig, Robert D.
- 329-369 A complete solution to a class of principal-agent problems with an application to the control of a self-managed firm
by Guesnerie, Roger & Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 371-389 Advances in supervision technology and economic welfare: a general equilibrium analysis
by Ordover, Janusz A. & Shapiro, Carl
1984, Volume 25, Issue 1-2
- 1-12 Dragon-slaying and ballroom dancing: The private supply of a public good
by Bliss, Christopher & Nalebuff, Barry
- 13-33 Social criteria for evaluating population change
by Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David
- 35-51 Dynamic effects of the unemployment insurance tax on temporary layoffs
by Wolcowitz, Jeffrey
- 53-81 Measuring the value of life saving from consumer reactions to new information
by Ippolito, Pauline M. & Ippolito, Richard A.
- 83-101 Complementarity, free riding, and the military expenditures of NATO allies
by Murdoch, James C. & Sandler, Todd
- 103-125 The welfare effects of intergovernmental grants in an economy with distortionary local taxes : A simple general equilibrium analysis
by Wildasin, David E.
- 127-141 Provision of public goods in congested cities
by Wijkander, Hans
- 143-159 The effects of social security reforms on retirement ages and retirement incomes
by Fields, Gary S. & Mitchell, Olivia S.
- 161-179 Necessary and sufficient conditions for single-peakedness in public economic models
by Coughlin, Peter J. & Hinich, Melvin J.
- 181-196 On indirect tax evasion
by Marrelli, Massimo
- 197-209 Committees and rent-seeking effort
by Congleton, Roger D.
- 211-233 Incidence and efficiency aspects of differential taxation of residential and industrial capital in a growing economy
by Gahvari, Firouz
- 235-243 Utility functions for public outputs and majority voting
by Diba, Behzad & Feldman, Allan M.
- 245-254 An alternative model for studying the incidence of indirect taxes
by Sanson, Joao Rogerio
1984, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 281-308 Equilibrium among local jurisdictions: toward an integrated treatment of voting and residential choice
by Epple, Dennis & Filimon, Radu & Romer, Thomas
- 309-329 The excise tax effects of the property tax
by Wilson, John D.
- 331-351 The nonexcludable publicness of primary and secondary public education
by Wyckoff, James H.
- 353-371 Public health insurance and optimal income taxation
by Blomqvist, Ake & Horn, Henrik
- 373-380 Separation of the redistributive and allocative functions of government : A public choice perspective
by Flowers, Marilyn R. & Danzon, Patricia M.
- 381-388 `Linear' income tax cuts: distributional effects, social preferences and revenue elasticities
by Pfahler, Wilhelm
- 389-395 An optional tax system
by Sampson, A. A.
1984, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 135-151 Revealing demand for an actual public good
by Bohm, Peter
- 153-169 Discount rates and shadow prices for public investment
by Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre
- 171-193 Participation and the provision of discrete public goods: a strategic analysis
by Palfrey, Thomas R. & Rosenthal, Howard
- 195-220 Which commodity taxes should supplement the income tax?
by Christiansen, Vidar
- 221-230 Income distribution policies with endogenous fertility
by Nerlove, Marc & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 231-239 A general proposition on the design of a neutral business tax
by Boadway, Robin & Bruce, Neil
- 241-247 Optimal taxation, the compensation principle and the measurement of changes in economic welfare
by Grand, Julian Le
- 249-256 Voluntariness and efficiency in the provision of public goods
by Silvestre, Joaquim
- 257-270 Incentives in government contracts
by Reichelstein, Stefan & Osband, Kent
- 271-280 Efficient timing of income taxes
by Kingston, Geoffrey H.
1984, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-27 Welfare implications of net social security wealth
by Tesfatsion, Leigh
- 29-46 Effluent fees and market structure
by Oates, Wallace E. & Strassmann, Diana L.
- 47-66 Disability transfers and early retirement: a casual relationship?
by Haveman, Robert H. & Wolfe, Barbara L.
- 67-87 A positive model of tax structure
by Hettich, Walter & Winer, Stanley
- 89-99 The optimal use of fines and imprisonment
by Polinsky, A. Mitchell & Shavell, Steven
- 101-109 Partial welfare improvements and capital income taxation
by Ihori, Toshihiro
- 111-122 Uncertainty and pollution: The role of indirect taxation
by Koenig, Evan F.
- 123-125 Further discussion on controllability and the theory of economic policy
by Tondini, Giovanni
- 127-129 Controllability and the theory of economic policy : A further note
by Buiter, Willem & Gersovitz, Mark
- 131-133 A theory of inequality and taxation : Patricia Apps, (Cambridge University Press, 1982) pp. 132, [UK pound]16.50
by Sandmo, Agnar
1984, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 245-278 Information processing and jury decisionmaking
by Klevorick, Alvin K. & Rothschild, Michael & Winship, Christopher
- 279-305 The effects of grants-in-aid on state and local expenditures : The case of AFDC
by Moffitt, Robert A.
- 307-332 Optimal compensation for potential fatality
by Fraser, Clive D.
- 333-349 Patterns of power: bargaining and incentives in two-person games
by Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey
- 351-366 On the optimal income taxation : Some further numerical results
by Tuomala, Matti
- 367-379 The theory of public goods: non-nash behaviour
by Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd
- 381-389 Mixed clubs : Further observations
by Sandler, Todd & Tschirhart, John T.
- 391-397 Resource constraint, replicability and mixed clubs : A reply
by Berglas, E. & Pines, D.
1984, Volume 23, Issue 1-2
- 1-2 Introduction
by Feldstein, Martin
- 3-26 Unemployment benefit, duration and incentives in Britain : How robust is the evidence?
by Atkinson, A. B. & Gomulka, J. & Micklewright, J. & Rau, N.
- 27-57 Taxes, firm financial policy and the cost of capital: An empirical analysis
by Auerbach, Alan J.
- 59-80 Statistical models for zero expenditures in household budgets
by Deaton, Angus & Irish, Margaret
- 81-114 Individual retirement and savings behavior
by Diamond, P. A. & Hausman, J. A.
- 115-139 Pension wealth and household savings: Tests of robustness
by Dicks-Mireaux, Louis & King, Mervyn
- 141-167 Unemployment insurance and reservation wages
by Feldstein, Martin & Poterba, James
- 169-181 Estimating consumption from expenditure data
by Kay, J. A. & Keen, M. J. & Morris, C. N.
- 183-206 The influence of pensions on job mobility
by McCormick, Barry & Hughes, Gordon
- 207-243 Moving and housing expenditure: Transaction costs and disequilibrium
by Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A.
1983, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 265-302 Cost-benefit analysis and project evaluation : A comparison of alternative approaches
by Diewert, W. E.
- 303-325 Government debt and private leverage : An extension of the Miller theorem
by McDonald, Robert L.
- 327-345 Optimal subsidies to declining industries : Efficiency and equity considerations
by Flam, Harry & Persson, Torsten & Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 347-361 The flypaper effect and other anomalies
by Hamilton, Bruce W.
- 363-374 Surplus may measure waste
by Shilony, Yuval
- 375-386 Taxation, inflation, and the terms of trade
by Ebrill, Liam P. & Possen, Uri M.
- 387-399 Revealed preferences between public expenditures and taxation cuts: Public sector choice
by Hockley, G. C. & Harbour, G.
1983, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 135-167 Dividend taxes, corporate investment, and `Q'
by Poterba, James M. & Summers, Lawrence H.
- 169-197 The effect of income taxation on the labor supply of married men in Sweden
by Blomquist, N. Soren
- 199-214 Complexity in regulation
by Quandt, Richard E.
- 215-226 Rules, rule intermediaries and the complexity and stability of regulation
by Kearl, J. R.
- 227-242 The optimal rate of decline of an inefficient industry
by Forster, Bruce A. & Rees, Ray
- 243-256 Cost-axiomatic regulatory pricing
by Bos, Dieter & Tillmann, Georg
- 257-264 Price ceilings in competitive markets with variable quality
by Raymon, Neil
1983, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-26 A computational general equilibrium model with endogenous unemployment : An analysis of the 1980 fiscal reform in Mexico
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Serra-Puche, Jaime
- 27-48 Optimal shadow prices and discount rates for budget-constrained public firms
by Hagen, Kare P.
- 49-71 Moral hazard, adverse selection, and the optimal provision of social insurance
by Whinston, Michael D.
- 73-88 The distribution of abilities and the progressive income tax
by Persson, Mats
- 89-102 Measuring the costs of children : An alternative approach
by Ray, Ranjan
- 103-112 Dealing with envy
by Sussangkarn, Chal & Goldman, Steven M.
- 113-121 Imperfect information, markets and public provision of education
by Grout, Paul
- 123-125 On the validation of cost push : A comment
by Wren-Lewis, Simon
- 127-133 A note on progression, penalty schemes and tax evasion
by Koskela, Erkki
1983, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 317-324 Leif Johansen's contribution to public economics
by Sandmo, Agnar
- 325-357 Layoffs, wages and unemployment insurance
by Burdett, Kenneth & Hool, Bryce
- 359-375 Social choice and telling the truth
by Craven, John
- 377-387 Random wastes, imperfect monitoring and environmental quality standards
by Beavis, Brian & Walker, Martin
- 389-396 A model of the political process with party loyalty
by Von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas R.
- 397-403 Wealth effects, treasury bill financing, and stability
by Currie, David & Gazioglou, Shaziye
1983, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 107-127 Stockholder tax rates and firm attributes
by Auerbach, Alan J.
- 129-158 The effective tax rate and the pretax rate of return
by Feldstein, Martin & Dicks-Mireaux, Louis & Poterba, James
- 159-181 Taxation and risk taking in general equilibrium models with free entry
by Kihlstrom, Richard E. & Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 183-214 Welfare analysis of tax reforms using household data
by King, Mervyn A.
- 215-256 Capital gains taxation in an economy with an `Austrian sector'
by Kovenock, Daniel J. & Rothschild, Michael
- 257-294 Some aspects of the taxation of capital gains
by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 295-316 Sector differentiated capital taxation with imperfect competition and inter-industry flows
by Willig, Robert D.
1983, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-32 Individual attributes and self-selection of higher education : College attendance versus college completion
by Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A.
- 33-52 An empirical approach to distributive justice
by Schokkaert, Erik & Lagrou, Leo
- 53-77 Portfolio choice, consumption and welfare when rates of return are related to prices of consumer goods
by Schwartz, Aba & Pines, David
- 79-92 Social security and savings plans in overlapping-generations models
by Burbidge, John B.
- 93-104 Inflation, taxes and housing: A theoretical analysis
by Kau, James B. & Keenan, Donald
1983, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 281-297 Optimal tax treatment of the family: Married couples
by Boskin, Michael J. & Sheshinski, Eytan
- 299-332 The benefits and costs of public housing in New York City
by Olsen, Edgar O. & Barton, David M.
- 333-346 An explicit solution to an optimal tax problem
by Deaton, Angus
- 347-356 The socialization of commodities
by Wilson, L. S. & Katz, Michael L.
- 357-372 Preference revelation and monopsony
by Fane, G. & Sieper, E.
- 373-380 Single-crossing conditions in comparisons of tax progressivity
by Hemming, R. & Keen, M. J.
- 381-386 Voluntary provision of a pure public good as the game of `chicken'
by Lipnowski, Irwin & Maital, Shlomo
- 387-389 Welfare criteria for tax reforms : An extension
by Ihori, Toshihiro
1983, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 139-166 Tax policy and investment in major U.S. macroeconomic econometric models
by Chirinko, Robert S. & Eisner, Robert
- 167-191 A theory of interlinked rural transactions
by Mitra, Pradeep K.
- 193-210 Unemployment insurance and redistributive taxation
by Boadway, Robin W. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 211-229 From ability to pay to concepts of equal sacrifice
by Richter, Wolfram F.
- 231-247 Adoption externalities as public goods
by Dybvig, Philip H. & Spatt, Chester S.
- 249-263 The scope of satisfactory mechanisms for the provision of public goods
by Conn, David
- 265-270 Tax reform and temporary inefficiency
by Smith, Alasdair
- 271-279 Workers' investment funds and the dynamic inefficiency of capitalism
by Pohjola, Matti
1983, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 3-23 Replacing the U.S. income tax with a progressive consumption tax : A sequenced general equilibrium approach
by Fullerton, Don & Shoven, John B. & Whalley, John
- 25-53 The treatment of `quality' in the cost of living index
by Pollak, Robert A.
- 55-76 Participation rules for Pareto-optimal clubs
by Hillman, Arye L. & Swan, Peter L.
- 77-87 Altruism, jealousy and the theory of optimal non-linear taxation
by Oswald, Andrew J.
- 89-101 How much redistribution is possible through commodity taxes?
by Sah, Raaj Kumar
- 103-112 Income distribution evaluation and the law of one price
by Slivinski, Alan D.
- 113-119 Second best pricing of publicly produced inputs : The case of downstream imperfect competition
by Spencer, Barbara J. & Brander, James A.
- 121-130 Adverse selection and statistical discrimination : An analysis of Canadian automobile insurance
by Dahlby, B. G.
- 131-137 Adverse selection and statistical discrimination : Further remarks
by Riley, John G.
1982, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 271-290 Housing prices and tenure choice with asymmetric taxes and progressivity
by Englund, Peter & Persson, Mats
- 291-309 Horizontal equity, income taxation and self-selection with an application to income tax credits
by Balcer, Yves & Sadka, Efraim
- 311-331 A test for allocative efficiency in the local public sector
by Brueckner, Jan K.
- 333-352 Incentive generating state dependent penalty system : The case of income tax evasion
by Landsberger, Michael & Meilijson, Isaac
- 353-366 A decomposition of the Harberger expression for tax incidence
by Hatta, Tatsuo & Haltiwanger, John
- 367-383 Behavioral explanations of efficient public good allocations
by Harstad, Ronald M. & Marrese, Michael
- 385-394 Pigouvian taxation with administrative costs
by Mitchell Polinsky, A. & Shavell, Steven
- 395-401 Lobbying, dup activities and welfare : A response to Tullock
by Bhagwati, Jagdish N.
1982, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 139-169 Macro implications of government redistributive tax-transfer policies
by Tesfatsion, Leigh
- 171-186 Economic consequences of unfunded vested pension benefits
by Gersovitz, Mark
- 187-202 Labor turnover in the U.S. federal bureaucracy
by Borjas, George J.
- 203-223 Value-added tax and the theory of tax incidence
by Bhatia, Kul B.
- 225-241 Tax policy and investment demand : A vintage approach
by Malcomson, James M.
- 243-259 Taxes and capital intensity in a two-class disposable income growth model
by Seidman, Laurence S. & Maurer, Stephen B.