Comorbidities and the willingness to pay for health improvements
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- BLEICHRODT, Han & CRAINICH, David & EECKHOUDT, Louis, 2003. "Comorbidities and the willingness to pay for health improvements," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1699, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Sloan, Frank A. & Kip Viscusi, W. & Chesson, Harrell W. & Conover, Christopher J. & Whetten-Goldstein, Kathryn, 1998. "Alternative approaches to valuing intangible health losses: the evidence for multiple sclerosis1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 475-497, August.
- Doherty, Neil A & Schlesinger, Harris, 1983. "Optimal Insurance in Incomplete Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 1045-1054, December.
- Tomas J. Philipson & William H. Dow & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1999. "Longevity Complementarities under Competing Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1358-1371, December.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov, 1997. "Is the valuation of a QALY gained independent of age? Some empirical evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 589-599, October.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Wesley A. Magat & Joel Huber, 1987. "An Investigation of the Rationality of Consumer Valuations of Multiple Health Risks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 465-479.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Evans, William N, 1990. "Utility Functions That Depend on Health Status: Estimates and Economic Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 353-374, June.
- Jones-Lee, Michael W, 1974. "The Value of Changes in the Probability of Death or Injury," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 835-849, July/Aug..
- Cropper, Maureen L & Aydede, Sema K & Portney, Paul R, 1994. "Preferences for Life Saving Programs: How the Public Discounts Time and Age," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 243-265, May.
- Evans, William N & Viscusi, W Kip, 1991. "Estimation of State-Dependent Utility Functions Using Survey Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 94-104, February.
- O'Conor, Richard M. & Blomquist, Glenn C., 1997. "Measurement of consumer-patient preferences using a hybrid contingent valuation method," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 667-683, December.
- Harris, Ryan A. & Nease, Robert Jr., 1997. "The importance of patient preferences for comorbidities in cost-effectiveness analyses," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 113-119, February.
- Donald S. Shepard & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1984. "Survival versus Consumption," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 423-439.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liqun Liu & Andrew Rettenmaier & Thomas Saving, 2009. "Conditional payments and self-protection," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 159-172, April.
- Liqun Liu, 2004. "Comorbidities and the willingness to pay for reducing the risk of a targeted disease: introducing endogenous effort for risk reduction," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 493-498.
- Dionne, Georges & Li, Jingyuan, 2014.
"Comparative Ross risk aversion in the presence of mean dependent risks,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 128-135.
- Georges Dionne & Jingyuan Li, 2012. "Comparative Ross Risk Aversion in the Presence of Mean Dependent Risks," Cahiers de recherche 1211, CIRPEE.
- Christophe Courbage, 2010. "On priority setting in preventive care resources," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 485-490.
- Rheinberger, Christoph M. & Herrera-Araujo, Daniel & Hammitt, James K., 2016. "The value of disease prevention vs treatment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, pages 247-255.
- Liu, Liqun & Neilson, William S., 2005. "Endogenous private health investment and the willingness to pay for public health projects: The effects of income," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 415-420, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Y Malevergne & B Rey, 2010.
"Preserving preference rankings under non-financial background risk,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, pages 1302-1308.
- Yannick Malevergne & Rey Beatrice, 2010. "Preserving preference rankings under non-financial background risk," Post-Print halshs-00520072, HAL.
- Georges Dionne & Jingyuan Li, 2012. "Comparative Ross Risk Aversion in the Presence of Quadrant Dependent Risks," Cahiers de recherche 1226, CIRPEE.
- Malevergne, Y. & Rey, B., 2009. "On cross-risk vulnerability," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 224-229, October.
- Howard, David H., 2005. "Life expectancy and the value of early detection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 891-906, September.
- Christophe Courbage & Béatrice Rey, 2008. "On the willingness to pay to reduce risks of small losses," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 75-82, October.
- Hammitt, James K. & Herrera-Araujo, Daniel & Rheinberger, Christoph, 2016. "The Value of Cancer Prevention vs Treatment," TSE Working Papers 16-628, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Liu, Liqun & Neilson, William S., 2006. "Endogenous private safety investment and the willingness to pay for mortality risk reductions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 2063-2074, November.
- David Crainich & Louis Eeckhoudt, 2016. "Average willingness to pay for disease prevention with personalized health information," Working Papers 2016-EQM-02, IESEG School of Management.
- repec:kap:jrisku:v:55:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11166-017-9265-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Strand, Jon, 2006. "Valuation of environmental improvements in continuous time with mortality and morbidity effects," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 229-241, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:87:y:2003:i:11:p:2399-2406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.