Bequests as signals: Implications for fiscal policy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1989. "A Neoclassical Perspective on Budget Deficits," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 55-72, Spring.
- Banks, Jeffrey S. & Sobel, Joel., 1985.
"Equilibrium Selection in Signaling Games,"
565, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Barro, Robert J., 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Razin, Assaf & Rosenthal, Robert W, 1990.
"A Strategic Altruism Model in Which Ricardian Equivalence Does Not Hold,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1261-68, December.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Assaf Razin & Robert W. Rosenthal, 1988. "A Strategic Altruism Model In Which Ricardian Equivalence Does Not Hold," NBER Working Papers 2699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Sergei Severinov, 2003.
"Bequests as Signals: An Explanation for the Equal Division Puzzle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(4), pages 733-764, August.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Sergei Severinov, 2000. "Bequests as Signals: An Explanation for the Equal Division Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 7791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helmuth Cremer & ) & Pierre Pestieau, 2004.
"Wealth Trasfer Taxation: A Survey,"
- Helmuth Cremer & Pierre Pestieau, 2003. "Wealth Transfer Taxation: A Survey," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_394, Levy Economics Institute.
- Helmuth Cremer & ) & Pierre Pestieau, 2003. "Wealth Transfer Taxation: A Survey," Public Economics 0311003, EconWPA.
- Helmuth Cremer & Pierre Pestieau, 2003. "Wealth transfer taxation: a survey," DELTA Working Papers 2003-20, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Helmuth Cremer & Pierre Pestieau, 2003. "Wealth Transfer Taxation: A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 1061, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cho, In-Koo & Kreps, David M, 1987.
"Signaling Games and Stable Equilibria,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 179-221, May.
- Andrew B. Abel & B. Douglas Bernheim, 1992.
"Fiscal Policy With Impure Intergenerational Altruism,"
NBER Working Papers
2613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abel, Andrew B & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1991. "Fiscal Policy with Impure Intergenerational Altruism," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1687-1711, November.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-58, December.
- McGarry, Kathleen, 1999. "Inter vivos transfers and intended bequests," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 321-351, September.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-77, June.
- Yotsuzuka, Toshiki, 1987. "Ricardian equivalence in the presence of capital market imperfections," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 411-436, September.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Bagwell, Kyle, 1988.
"Is Everything Neutral?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 308-38, April.
- Wilhelm, Mark O, 1996.
"Bequest Behavior and the Effect of Heirs' Earnings: Testing the Altruistic Model of Bequests,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 874-92, September.
- Wilhelm, M.O., 1990. "Bequest Behavior And The Effect Of Heirs' Earnings: Testing The Altruistic Model Of Bequests," Papers 9-90-12, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- McGarry, Kathleen, 2001. "The cost of equality: unequal bequests and tax avoidance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 179-204, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:90:y:2006:i:10-11:p:1995-2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.