Fiscal Policy With Impure Intergenerational Altruism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Abel, Andrew B & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1991. "Fiscal Policy with Impure Intergenerational Altruism," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1687-1711, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-477, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard B. Howarth, 1996. "Climate Change And Overlapping Generations," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(4), pages 100-111, October.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Sergei Severinov, 2003.
"Bequests as Signals: An Explanation for the Equal Division Puzzle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(4), pages 733-764, August.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Sergei Severinov, 2000. "Bequests as Signals: An Explanation for the Equal Division Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 7791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Preston J. Miller & William Roberds, 1992. "How little we know about deficit policy effects," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 2-11.
- Philippe Méral, 1998. "Future generations and economic activities: The case of the social discount rate," Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 1-14, March.
- Smetters, Kent, 1999. "Ricardian equivalence: long-run Leviathan," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 395-421, September.
- Uhlig, Harald & Yanagawa, Noriyuki, 1996. "Increasing the capital income tax may lead to faster growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1521-1540, November.
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 1987. "Intergenerational Altruism and Social Welfare: A Critique of the Dynastic Model," NBER Working Papers 2288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dutta, Jayasri & Michel, Philippe, 1998.
"The Distribution of Wealth with Imperfect Altruism,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 379-404, October.
- DUTTA, Jayasri & MICHEL, Philippe, 1995. "The Distribution of Wealth with Imperfect Altruism," CORE Discussion Papers 1995058, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Richard Cornes & Jun-ichi Itaya & Aiko Tanaka, 2012.
"Private provision of public goods between families,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 1451-1480, October.
- CORNES, Richard & ITAYA, Jun-ichi & TANAKA, Aiko, 2007. "Private Provision of Public Goods between Families," Discussion paper series. A 194, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- Richard Cornes & Jun-ichi Itaya & Aiko Tanaka, 2011. "Private Provision of Public Goods between Families," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2011-542, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Ley, Eduardo, 1997.
"Optimal provision of public goods with altruistic individuals,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 23-27, January.
- Eduardo Ley, 1996. "Optimal Provision of Public Goods with Altruistic Individuals," Public Economics 9607001, EconWPA, revised 06 Oct 2001.
- Piketty, Thomas, 2000. "Theories of persistent inequality and intergenerational mobility," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 429-476 Elsevier.
- Jorge E. Araña & Carmelo J. León, 2002. "Willingness to pay for health risk reduction in the context of altruism," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(7), pages 623-635.
- Richard N. Vaughan, "undated". "Intergenerational Altruism, Ricardian Equivalence and the Relevance of Distributional Policy," ELSE working papers 052, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Sáez-Martí, María & Weibull, Jörgen W., 2002. "Discounting and Future Selves," Working Paper Series 575, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Severinov, Sergei, 2006. "Bequests as signals: Implications for fiscal policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(10-11), pages 1995-2008, November.
- Richard Howarth & Richard Norgaard, 1993. "Intergenerational transfers and the social discount rate," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(4), pages 337-358, August.
- Barczyk, Daniel, 2016. "Ricardian equivalence revisited: Deficits, gifts and bequests," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-24.
- Preston J. Miller & William Roberds, 1989. "How little we know about budget policy effects," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 89-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .