The Distribution of Wealth with Imperfect Altruism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- DUTTA, Jayasri & MICHEL, Philippe, 1995. "The Distribution of Wealth with Imperfect Altruism," CORE Discussion Papers 1995058, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-732, May.
- Abel, Andrew B & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1991.
"Fiscal Policy with Impure Intergenerational Altruism,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1687-1711, November.
- Andrew B. Abel & B. Douglas Bernheim, 1988. "Fiscal Policy With Impure Intergenerational Altruism," NBER Working Papers 2613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1975. "On optimal growth under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 329-339, December.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Rao Aiyagari, S., 1989.
"Equilibrium existence in an overlapping generations model with altruistic preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, pages 130-152.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1987. "Equilibrium existence in an overlapping generations model with altruistic preferences," Working Papers 356, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Laitner, John, 1992. "Random earnings differences, lifetime liquidity constraints, and altruistic intergenerational transfers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 135-170, December.
- Loury, Glenn C, 1981. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Distribution of Earnings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 843-867, June.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-1458, December.
- Laitner, John, 1993. "Long-run equilibria with borrowing constraints and altruism," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 65-96.
- Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E, 1990. "A Convex Model of Equilibrium Growth: Theory and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1008-1038, October.
- Huggett, Mark, 1996. "Wealth distribution in life-cycle economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 469-494, December.
- Zvi Eckstein & Martin S. Eichenbaum & Dan Peled, 1985. "The Distribution of Wealth and Welfare in the Presence of Incomplete Annuity Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(3), pages 789-806.
- Muller, Walter III & Woodford, Michael, 1988. "Determinacy of equilibrium in stationary economies with both finite and infinite lived consumers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 255-290, December.
- Abel, Andrew B, 1985. "Precautionary Saving and Accidental Bequests," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 777-791, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degan, Arianna & Thibault, Emmanuel, 2016. "Dynastic accumulation of wealth," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 66-78.
- Michel, Philippe & Thibault, Emmanuel & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2006.
"Intergenerational altruism and neoclassical growth models,"
Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism,
- Michel, Philippe & Vidal, Jean-Pierre & Thibault, Emmanuel, 2004. "Intergenerational altruism and neoclassical growth models," Working Paper Series 386, European Central Bank.
- Jorge Durán, 2003.
"Discounting long run average growth in stochastic dynamic programs,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 395-413.
- Duran, Jorge, 2000. "Discounting Long Run Average Growth in Stochastic Dynamic Programs," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000006, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Jorge Durán, 2002. "Discounting Long Run Average Growth In Stochastic Dynamic Programs," Working Papers. Serie AD 2002-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Duran, Jorge, 2001. "Discounting long run average growth in stochastic dynamic programs," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0101, CEPREMAP.
- Higashi, Youichiro & Hyogo, Kazuya & Takeoka, Norio, 2009. "Subjective random discounting and intertemporal choice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 1015-1053, May.
- Jordi Caballé & Luisa Fuster, 2000. "Pay-as-you-go social security and the distribution of bequests," Economics Working Papers 468, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- MoonJoong Tcha & Fiona Lio, 2002. "An Analysis of Food Aid and Altruism," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 02-19, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Falk, Ita & Stark, Oded, 2001.
"Dynasties and Destiny: On the Roles of Altruism and Impatience in the Evolution of Consumption and Bequests,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, pages 505-518.
- Stark, Oded & Falk, Ita, 2000. "Dynasties and Destiny: On the Roles of Altruism and Impatience in the Evolution of Consumption and Bequests," Economics Series 88, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Stark, Oded & Falk, Ita, 2001. "Dynasties And Destiny: On The Roles Of Altruism And Impatience In The Evolution Of Consumption And Bequests," Discussion Papers 18749, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Gevers, Louis & Michel, Philippe, 1998. "Economic Dynasties with Intermissions," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 251-271, November.
- Richard Barnett & Joydeep Bhattacharya & Helle Bunzel, 2013.
"Deviant generations, Ricardian equivalence, and growth cycles,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 52(1), pages 367-396, January.
- Barnett, Richard C. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Bunzel, Helle, 2013. "Deviant Generations, Ricardian Equivalence, and Growth Cycles," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12939, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shuhei Aoki & Makoto Nirei, 2014.
"Zipf’s Law, Pareto’s Law, and the Evolution of Top Incomes in the U.S,"
UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series
023, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Aoki, Shuhei & Nirei, Makoto, 2016. "Zipf's Law, Pareto's Law, and the Evolution of Top Incomes in the U.S," MPRA Paper 73896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Makoto Nirei & Shuhei Aoki, 2015. "Zipf's Law, Pareto's Law, and the Evolution of Top Incomes in the U.S," 2015 Meeting Papers 926, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Shuhei Aoki & Makoto Nirei, 2016.
"Pareto Distribution of Income in Neoclassical Growth Models,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 20, pages 25-42, April.
- Shuhei Aoki & Makoto Nirei, 2015. "Code and data files for "Pareto Distribution of Income in Neoclassical Growth Models"," Computer Codes 13-26, Review of Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:82:y:1998:i:2:p:379-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.