Optimal non-linear income taxation for reduction of envy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1981.
"Self-Selection and Pareto Efficient Taxation,"
NBER Working Papers
0632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robin Boadway & Katherine Cuff & Maurice Marchand, 1999.
"Optimal Income Taxation With Quasi-Linear Preferences Revisited,"
984, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Boadway, Robin & Cuff, Katherine & Marchand, Maurice, 2000. " Optimal Income Taxation with Quasi-linear Preferences Revisited," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 2(4), pages 435-60.
- BOADWAY, Robin & CUFF, Katherine & MARCHAND, Maurice, . "Optimal income taxation with quasi-linear preferences revisited," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1466, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Weymark, John A., 1986. "A reduced-form optimal nonlinear income tax problem," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 199-217, July.
- H. R. Varian, 1975.
"Two Problems in the Theory of Fairness,"
163, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Edmund S. Phelps, 1973. "Taxation of Wage Income for Economic Justice," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 331-354.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002.
"Efficiency First or Equity First? Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 462-472, June.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 1998. "Efficiency First or Equity First?: Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice," Discussion Papers 1998-01, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Nava, Mario & Schroyen, Fred & Marchand, Maurice, 1996. "Optimal fiscal and public expenditure policy in a two-class economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 119-137, July.
- Bos, Dieter & Tillmann, Georg, 1985. "An 'Envy Tax': Theoretical Principles and Applications to the German Surcharge on the Rich," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 40(1), pages 35-63.
- Varian, Hal R., 1974.
"Equity, envy, and efficiency,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 63-91, September.
- Diamantaras, D. & Thomson, W., 1988.
"A Refinement And Extension Of The No-Envy Concept,"
RCER Working Papers
133, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Diamantaras, Dimitrios & Thomson, William, 1989. "A refinement and extension of the no-envy concept," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 103-107, August.
- Diamantaras, Dimitrios & Thomson, William, 1990. "A refinement and extension of the no-envy concept," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 217-222, July.
- Diamond, P. A., 1975.
"A many-person Ramsey tax rule,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-342, November.
- Efraim Sadka, 1976. "On Income Distribution, Incentive Effects and Optimal Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 261-267.
- Arnsperger, Christian, 1994. " Envy-Freeness and Distributive Justice," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 155-86, June.
- Feldman, Allan M & Kirman, Alan, 1974. "Fairness and Envy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 995-1005, December.
- Deaton, Angus, 1979. "Optimally uniform commodity taxes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 357-361.
- Naito, Hisahiro, 1999. "Re-examination of uniform commodity taxes under a non-linear income tax system and its implication for production efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 165-188, February.
- Hemming, R. & Keen, M. J., 1983. "Single-crossing conditions in comparisons of tax progressivity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 373-380, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:87:y:2003:i:2:p:363-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.