Investments in human capital, wage uncertainty, and public policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hartwick, John M., 2000. "Labor supply under wage uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 319-325, September.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stewart, Mark B & Swaffield, Joanna K, 1999.
"Low Pay Dynamics and Transition Probabilities,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(261), pages 23-42, February.
- Stewart, M.B. & Swaffield, J.K., 1997. "Low Pay Dynamics and Transition Probabilities," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 495, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Judd, Kenneth L, 1998. "Taxes, Uncertainty, and Human Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 289-292, May.
- Merrigan, Philip & Normandin, Michel, 1996.
"Precautionary Saving Motives: An Assessment from UK Time Series of Cross-Sections,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1193-1208, September.
- Philip Merrigan & Michel Normandin, 1994. "Precautionary Saving Motives: An Assessment from U.K. Time Series of Cross-Sections," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 29, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S., 1980. "Labor supply, uncertainty, and efficient taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 365-374, December.
- Stern, N. H., 1976. "On the specification of models of optimum income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 123-162.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1999.
"Changing Inequality in Markets for Workplace Amenities,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1085-1123.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1998. "Changing Inequality in Markets for Workplace Amenities," NBER Working Papers 6515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agell, Jonas & Persson, Mats, 2000.
"Tax arbitrage and labor supply,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 3-24, October.
- Agell, J. & Presson, M., 1997. "Tax Arbitarge and Labor Supply," Papers 1997-26, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Agell, Jonas & Persson, Mats, 1998. "Tax Arbitrage and Labor Supply," Seminar Papers 647, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Agell, Jonas & Persson, Mats, 1997. "Tax Arbitrage and Labor Supply," Working Paper Series 1997:26, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Jonas Agell & Mats Persson, 1998. "Tax Arbitrage and Labor Supply," NBER Working Papers 6708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agell, J. & Persson, M., 1998. "Tax Arbitrage and Labour Supply," Papers 647, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S, 1980. "Taxation, Human Capital, and Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 705-715, September.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H, 1987. "Optimal Wage and Income Taxation with Wage Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(2), pages 373-388, June.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
- Karen E. Dynan, 1993. "How prudent are consumers?," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 135, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Joseph G. Eisenhauer, 2000. "Estimating Prudence," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 379-392, Fall.
- Koskela, Erkki, 1987. "Changes in Tax Progression and Labour Supply under Wage Rate Uncertainty," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 42(2), pages 214-226.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
- Tressler, J. H. & Menezes, C. F., 1980. "Labor supply and wage rate uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 425-436, December.
- Hamish Low & Daniel Maldoom, 2000. "Optimal taxation and risk sharing," IFS Working Papers W00/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Dynan, Karen E, 1993. "How Prudent Are Consumers?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 1104-1113, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:87:y:2003:i:7-8:p:1521-1537. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.