Journal of Comparative Economics
1997, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 281-296 Profit Sharing, Bonus Payment, and Productivity: A Case Study of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises
by Yao, Shujie
- 297-312 Direct Foreign Investment and Welfare in the Transforming Economies: The Case of Central Asia
by Devereux, John & Roberts, Bryan
- 313-334 Privatization and Price Liberalization: Comparative Analysis
by Fridman, Alla
- 335-356 A Cross-Country Comparison of Okun's Coefficient
by Moosa, Imad A.
- 373-375 Gerald Segal and Richard H. Yang (Eds.),Chinese Economic Reform: The Impact on Security.New York: Routledge for the International Institute for Strategic Studies and the Chinese Council for Advanced Policy Studies, 1996. 215 pp., $65.00;
by Simon, Sheldon W.
1997, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 121-139 Economic Growth under a Self-Interested Central Planner and Transition to a Market Economy
by Roberts, Bryan W. & Rodriguez, Alvaro
- 140-160 Bank Loans, Self-Financing, and Grants in Chinese SOEs: Optimal Policy under Incomplete Information
by Lee, Young
- 161-180 The Efficiency of Administrative Governance: The Experience of the Pre-reform British National Health Service
by Milne, Robin G. & Torsney, Ben
- 181-201 Productivity and Organization in China's Rural Industries: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis
by Dong, Xiao-yuan & Putterman, Louis
- 202-209 Total Factor Productivity of Grain Production in the Former Soviet Union
by Zhang, Bin
- 212-219 John W. England (Ed.),Evolutionary Concepts in Contemporary Economics.Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press, 1994. xiii + 255 pp
by Ames, Edward
1997, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-24 Ruble Overhang and Ruble Shortage: Were They the Same Thing?
by Conway, Patrick
- 25-43 Optimal Voucher Privatization Fund Bids When Bidding Affects Firm Performance
by Katz, Barbara G. & Owen, Joel
- 44-64 On the Role of Banks in Enterprise Restructuring: The Polish Example
by van Wijnbergen, Sweder
- 65-78 How Successful Were China's State Sector Reforms?
by Huang, Yiping & Duncan, Ron
- 79-89 Access to Bank Loans in a Transition Economy: The Case of Hungary
by Hersch, Philip & Kemme, David & Netter, Jeffry
- 95-97 FC, CG, SF,NS,The Future of Central Banking: The Tercentenary Symposium of the Bank of England.New York: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1995. xiv + 362 pp., $49.95
by Kane, Edward J.
1996, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 237-255 The Efficiency Impact of the Chinese Industrial Reforms in the 1980's
by Liu, Zinan & Liu, Guy Shaojia
- 256-277 Market Reform, Division of Labor, and Increasing Advantage of Small-Scale Enterprises: The Case of the Machine Tool Industry in China
by Murakami, Naoki & Liu, Deqiang & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 278-291 Culture and Economic Performance: Policy as an Intervening Variable
by Gray, H. Peter
- 292-318 Interest Rate Policy and Incentives of State-Owned Enterprises in the Transitional China
by Zou, Liang & Sun, Laixiang
1996, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 121-145 Growth, Nontradables, and Price Convergence in the Baltics
by Richards, Anthony J. & Tersman, Gunnar H. R.
- 146-180 Chinese Industrial Productivity: Trends, Measurement Issues, and Recent Developments
by Jefferson, Gary H. & Rawski, Thomas G. & Zheng, Yuxin
- 181-191 Is Japan's Retail Sector Truly Distinctive?
by Flath, David & Nariu, Tatsuhiko
- 192-208 Estimating Economic Effects of Political Movements in China
by Kwan, Yum K. & Chow, Gregory C.
- 209-216 The Static Surplus Efficiency of the LMF, CMF, and Hybrid Firms
by Doucouliagos, Chris
- 220-222 LG, Ed.,Competition among Institutions.New York: St. Martin's Press, 1995
by Brown, J. David
- 223-225 HM,Social Democracy and Rational Choice. The Scandinavian Experience and Beyond.London/New York: Routledge, 1994
by Aage, Hans
- 226-229 RP,The Economies of Central Asia.Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1995
by Campbell, Robert W.
- 230-232 J. L. P,Unemployment in Capitalist, Communist, and Post-Communist Economies.New York: St. Martin's Press, 1995
by Chilosi, Alberto
- 233-234 BWS,Taiwan's Capital Market Reform: The Financial and Legal Issues.Oxford: Clarendon Press; New York: Oxford University Press, 1994
by Prybyla, Jan
- 235-236 EW,Top Heavy: A Study of the Increasing Inequality of Wealth in America.New York: Twentieth Century Fund, 1995
by Slottje, Daniel
1996, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-19 A Theory of Ambiguous Property Rights in Transition Economies: The Case of the Chinese Non-State Sector
by Li, David D.
- 20-37 Pursuit of Relative Utility and Division of Labor
by Wang, Jianguo & Yang, Xiaokai
- 38-51 A Macroeconomic Model of a Labor-Managed Economy: A New Keynesian Approach
by Cheung, Kee-Nam
- 52-72 Polish Bank Consolidation and Foreign Competition: Creating a Market-Oriented Banking Sector
by Bonin, John P. & Leven, Bozena
- 73-91 Strategic Investment: The Labor-Managed Firm and the Profit-Maximizing Firm
by Futagami, Koichi & Okamura, Makoto
- 92-102 Russia and Eastern Europe: Is Transition Over?
by Lavigne, Marie
- 103-107 MI. Band FC,The Making of Economic Reform in Eastern Europe, Conversation with Leading Reformers in Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic
by Adam, Jan
- 108-109 MJand WB, Eds.,Marketization, Restructuring, and Competition in Transition Industries of Central and Eastern Europe
by Wagener, Hans-Jurgen
- 110-115 LL. Pand RM. S, Eds.,Economic Growth and the Structure of Long-Term Development
by Reffett, Kevin
- 116-118 AS, OS, and MI. B, Eds.,Rebuilding Capitalism: Alternative Roads after Socialism and Dirigisme
by Krueger, Anne O.
- 119-120 JW, RM, and MY, Eds.,China's Rural Entrepreneurs
by Mo, Pak Hung
1996, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 219-241 Government Interventions, Market Imperfections, and Technical Inefficiency in a Mixed Economy: A Case Study of Indian Agriculture
by Bhattacharyya, Anjana & Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Kumbhakar, Subal C.
- 242-266 Incentive to Work versus Disincentive to Invest: The Case of China's Rural Reform, 1979-1984
by Choe, Chongwoo
- 267-276 The Two Kornai Effects
by Prell, Mark A.
- 277-294 A Macrotheoretic Model of the Chinese Economy
by Bennett, John & Dixon, Huw David
- 295-310 Production Structure, Technical Change, and Productivity Growth in Albanian Agriculture
by Hatziprokopiou, Michalis & Karagiannis, Giannis & Velentzas, Kostas
1996, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 99-118 Corruption and Supervision Costs in Hierarchies
by Bac, Mehmet
- 119-140 Cash Shortage in the Former Soviet Union
by Hardy, Daniel C. & Lahiri, Ashok K.
- 141-164 Regional Income Inequality and Economic Growth in China
by Chen, Jian & Fleisher, Belton M.
- 165-178 Which Allocation System Is More Effective in Getting a Commodity to Those Who Need It Most?
by Prell, Mark A.
- 179-188 Comparative Analysis of Foreign and Domestic Bank Operations in Hungary
by Sabi, Manijeh
- 189-191 Book Reviews
by Goldman, Marshall I.
- 192-194 Book Reviews
by Schnitzer, Monika
- 195-197 Book Reviews
by Samuels, Warren J.
- 198-199 Book Reviews
by Elvander, Nils
- 200-204 Book Reviews
by Prybyla, Jan
- 205-206 Book Reviews
by Chapman, Janet G.
- 207-209 Book Reviews
by Navarro, Peter
- 210-212 Book Reviews
by Boyd, Michael L.
- 213-215 Book Reviews
by Hsu, Robert C.
- 216-217 Book Reviews
by Jefferson, Gary H.
1996, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-22 Efficiency and Ownership in Slovene Dairying: A Comparison of Econometric and Programming Techniques
by Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin & Turk, Jernej
- 23-42 The Transition to Free Markets: Where to Begin Privatization
by Glaeser, Edward L. & Scheinkman, Jose A.
- 43-62 Partial Rationing and Chinese Urban Household Food Demand Analysis
by Gao, X. M. & Wailes, Eric J. & Cramer, Gail L.
- 63-76 The Natural Rate of Unemployment in Korea: Estimation and Implications
by Hahn, Jinsoo
- 77-80 Book Reviews
by Biessen, Guido
- 81-83 Book Reviews
by Feltenstein, Andrew
- 84-85 Book Reviews
by Sandberg, Lars G.
- 86-86 Book Reviews
by Lavigne, Marie
- 87-90 Book Reviews
by Sjoquist, David L.
- 91-92 Book Reviews
by Houseman, Susan N.
- 93-94 Book Reviews
by Ellman, Michael
- 95-98 Book Reviews
by Keller, Katarina
1995, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 267-288 Policy Reforms, Currency Auctions, and Production Choices in Transition Economies
by Goldberg, Linda S. & Karimov, Il'dar
- 289-307 On the Sale of Production Rights and Firm Organization
by Ireland, Norman J. & Stewart, Geoff
- 308-325 Technical Change in Chinese State Industry: A New Approach
by Wan, Guang H.
- 326-335 The Kornai Effect and Soft Budget Constraints
by Pun, Wing-chung
- 336-352 The Demise of Soviet Industry: A Regional Perspective
by Escoe, Gisela Meyer
- 353-374 Wage Determination and Occupational Attainment in the Rural Industrial Sector of China
by Gregory, R. G. & Meng, Xin
- 375-389 Neoclassical Norms and the Valuation of National Product in the Soviet Union and Its Postcommunist Successor States
by Rosefielde, Steven & Pfouts, Ralph W.
- 390-393 Neoclassical Norms and the Valuation of National Product in the Soviet Union: Comment
by Bergson, Abram
1995, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 131-153 Shocks and Adjustment by Firms in Transition: A Comparative Study
by E, S & G, A & S, I
- 154-186 The Shut-Down Option and Profit Sharing
by M, M & R, G
- 187-206 China's Regional Grain Self-Sufficiency Policy and Its Effect on Land Productivity
by Yl, J & Jw, G
- 207-229 Productivity Growth, Technological Progress, and Technical Efficiency Change in China: A Three-Sector Analysis1
by W, Y
- 230-239 Integrating National Economies: A Review Essay, Part 1
by P, F L.
1995, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-28 Designing and Optimal Privatisation Plan for Restructuring Firms and Institutes in Transition
by Katz B. G. & Owen J.
- 29-53 Organizational Form and Efficiency: Evidence from Indian Sugar Manufacturing
by Ferrantino Michael J. & Ferrier Gary D. & Linvill Carl B.
- 54-81 Shadow Factor Price Convergence and the Response of Chinese State-Owned Construction Enterprises to Reform
by Parker Elliott
- 82-111 Equal Entitlement versus Tenure Security under a Regime of Collective Property Rights: Peasants' Preference for Institutions in Post-reform Chinese Agriculture
by Kung James, Kaising
1995, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 265-301 Bankruptcy as a Control Device in Economies in Transition
by Legros Patrick & Mitchell Janet
- 302-315 A General Model of the Soviet Consumer
by Acharya Arnab & Spagat Michael
- 316-346 The IMF-Supported Programs of Poland and Russia, 1990-1994: Principles, Errors, and Results
by Gomulka Stanislaw
- 347-367 The Applicability of Standard Reform Packages to Eastern Europe
by Winiecki Jan
1995, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 139-170 The Eastern German Labor Market in Transition: Gross Flow Estimates from Panel Data
by Bellmann Lutz & Estrin Saul & Lehmann Hartmut & Wadsworth Jonathan
- 171-189 A New Theory of Industrialization
by Shi Heling & Yang Xiaokai
- 190-210 The Evolution of Complexity in Primitive Exchange: Empirical Tests
by Stodder James
- 211-234 Hungary and the IMF: The Experience of a Cordial Discord
by Csaba Laszlo
- 235-264 IMF and IBRD Policies in the Former Czechoslovakia
by Drabek Zdenek
1995, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-31 The Evolution of Complexity in Primitive Exchange: Theory
by Stodder James
- 32-48 Quasi-Fiscal Deficit and Money Demand in Yugoslavia's High Inflation: Some Econometric Evidence
by Petrovic Pavle
- 49-56 The Role of International Financial Institutions in Central and Eastern Europe
by Brada Josef C. & Schonfeld Roland & Slay Ben
- 57-94 What's Right and Wrong with World Bank Involvement in Eastern Europe
by Wallich Christine I.
- 95-115 The Experience with IMF-Supported Reform Programs in Central and Eastern Europe
by Rodlauer Markus
- 116-138 The Role of International Financial Institutions in the Transition Process
by Zecchini Salvatore
1994, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 335-361 Bank Reform and Behavior in Central Europe
by Dittus Peter
- 362-391 Rural Industrialization and Increasing Inequality: Emerging Patterns in China's Reforming Economy
by Rozelle Scott
- 392-409 Firms' Objectives in Transition Economies
by Katsoulacos Yannis
- 410-433 Technical and Allocative Efficiency among Socialist Enterprises: The Case of the Garment Industry in China
by Murakami Naoki & Liu Deqiang & Otsuka Keijiro
- 434-452 The Nature of the Township-Village Enterprise
by Chang Chun & Wang Yijiang
1994, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 171-187 Wage Controls and Employment in Economies in Transition
by Lane Timothy D.
- 188-216 China's Endogenous Investment Cycle
by Imai Hiroyuki
- 217-236 The Uncertainty of Economic Success When Economic Regimes Are Uncertain: A Study of Transition Periods
by Feltenstein Andrew
- 237-259 Shortage Intensity, Priority Penetration, and Resource Allocation in Socialist Industry: A Translog Shadow Cost Model
by Reiman Mark A.
- 260-271 Private Sector Development in Economies in Transition
by Husain Aasim M.
- 303-306 New East Asian Economic Development: Interacting Capitalism and Socialism, Keun Lee, Sharpe, Armonk, NY, and London, England, 1993, xii + 268 pp., $60.00 cloth, $22.50 paper
by Prybyla Jan
- 326-330 China's Transition from Socialism: Statist Legacies and Market Reforms, 1980-1990, Dorothy J. Solinger, East Gate, Armonk/New York/London, 1993, vii + 292 pp., $49.95 cloth, $19.95 paper
by Prybyla Jan
1994, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-21 Transformation, Depression, and Economics: Some Lessons
by Ellman M.
- 22-38 Lessons of the First Four Years of Systemic Change in Eastern Europe
by Aslund Anders
- 39-63 Transformational Recession: The Main Causes
by Kornai Janos
- 64-87 The Market Met Its Match: Lessons for the Future from the Transition's Initial Years
by Taylor Lance
- 88-116 The Inefficiency of Laissez-Faire in Russia: Hysteresis Effects and the Need for Policy-Led Transformation
by Yavlinsky Grigory & Braguinsky Serguey
1994, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 271-275 Experiences in the Transition to a Market Economy
by Sachs Jeffrey D. & Woo Wing Thye
- 276-308 The Art of Reforming Centrally Planned Economies: Comparing China, Poland, and Russia
by Woo Wing Thye
- 309-313 The Characteristics of Chinese and Russian Economic Reform
by Li Jingjie
- 314-328 Agricultural Efficiency Gains in Centrally Planned Economies
by Carter Colin A. & Zhang Bin
- 329-356 Grassroots Macroeconomic Reform in Mongolia
by Boone Peter
- 357-375 Macroeconomic Management and the Transition to the Market in Vietnam
by Dollar David
- 376-409 Does Macroeconomic Reform Cause Structural Adjustment? Lessons from Poland
by Berg Andrew
- 410-437 How Successful Has Chinese Enterprise Reform Been? Pitfalls in Opposite Biases and Focus
by Woo Wing Thye & Hai Wen & Jin Yibiao & Fan Gang
- 438-469 Financial Growth and Macroeconomic Stability in China, 1978-1992: Implications for Russia and Other Transitional Economies
by McKinnon Ronald I.
- 470-490 What Is Distinctive about China's Economic Transition? State Enterprise Reform and Overall System Transformation
by Naughton Barry
1994, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 121-145 Chinese Township-Village Enterprises as Vaguely Defined Cooperatives
by Weitzman Martin L. & Xu Chenggang
- 146-174 Inflation in the Czech and Slovak Republics, 1985-1991
by Drabek Zdenek & Janacek Kamil & Tuma Zdenek
- 175-197 Cash Social Transfers, Direct Taxes, and Income Distribution in Late Socialism
by Milanovic Branko
- 198-201 Do Multiplant Labor-Managed Monopolies Exist?
by Kahana Nava
- 214-216 Comrades Go Private: Strategies for Eastern European Privatization, Michael P. Claudon and Tamar L. Gutner, Eds., New York Univ. Press, New York & London 1992, 179 pp., charts, $40.00
by Slay Ben
1994, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-24 The Terms-of-Trade Effects of Moving to World Prices on Countries of the Former Soviet Union
by Tarr David G.
- 25-45 Quantifying Chinese Village Leaders' Multiple Objectives
by Rozelle Scott & Boisvert Richard N.
- 46-63 A Dynamic Macroeconomic Model of the Labor-Managed Economy
by Georges Christophre
- 66-68 Technology Transfer in International Business, Tamir Agmon and Mary Ann Von Glinow, Eds., Oxford Univ. Press, New York 1991, xii + 274 pp., $34.95
by Gray H. Peter
- 104-107 What Is to Be Done? Proposals for the Soviet Transition to the Market, Merton J. Peck and Thomas J. Richardson, Eds., Yale Univ. Press, New Haven 1991, xviii + 211 pp., $12.00
by Katz Barbara G.
1993, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 711-714 In Memoriam: Ed A. Hewett (1942-1993)
by Brada Josef C.
- 715-736 Privatization: Choosing the Optimal Time Path
by Katz Barbara G. & Owen Joel
- 737-767 Speed of Convergence and Stopping Rules in an Iterative Planning Procedure for Nonconvex Economies
by Conley John P.
- 768-785 The Effects of the Defense Sector on the Productivity of Civilian Industry in the United States and the USSR
by Nourzad Farrokh & Toumanoff Peter G.
1993, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 561-580 Planning, Plan-Influencing, and Market Fine-Tuning: Implications for Economies in Transition
by Zhou Huizhong
- 581-599 Incentive Contracts for Public Firms
by De Fraja Giovanni
- 600-627 Decomposition of China's Regional Inequalities
by Tsui Kai-yuen
- 628-645 Collective Bargaining Versus Workers' Ownership
by Moene Karl Ove & Wallerstein Michael
- 646-662 Priorities in Central Planning
by Krueger Gary
- 663-686 Incentives and Monitoring in Cooperatives with Labor-Proportionate Sharing Schemes
by Bonin John P. & Putterman Louis
- 687-700 Wage Determination in Labor-Managed Firms under Market-Oriented Reforms: Estimates of Static and Dynamic Models
by Estrin Saul & Svejnar Jan
- 701-709 Further Evidence on Money, Output, and Prices in China
by Hafer R. W. & Kutan A. M.
1993, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 201-206 The Structure and Behavior of Economic Organizations: Theoretical and Empirical Perspectives
by Ben-Ner Avner & Brada Josef C. & Neuberger Egon
- 207-242 Basic Issues in Organizations: A Comparative Perspective
by Ben-Ner Avner & Montias John Michael & Neuberger Egon
- 243-263 Ownership and the Nature of the Firm
by Putterman Louis
- 264-287 Privatization and Management Incentives in the Transition Period in Eastern Europe
by Schmidt Klaus M. & Schnitzer Monika
- 288-308 The Objectives of Worker Cooperatives
by Craig Ben & Pencavel John
- 309-337 Organizational Capabilities and Industrial Restructuring: A Historical Analysis
by Chandler Jr. , Alfred D.
- 338-365 The Emergence of an Industrial Infrastructure for Technological Innovation
by Van De Ven Andrew H.
- 366-384 Trends and Motives of Organizational Change in Hungarian Industry - A Synchronic View
by Torok Adam
- 385-406 When Privatization Should Be Delayed: The Effect of Communist Legacies on Organizational and Institutional Reforms
by Murrell Peter & Wang Yijiang
- 407-417 Privatization, the Entrepreneurial Sector, and Growth in Post-Comecon Economies
by Green Edward J.
- 418-442 Cultural Determinants of Economic Performance
by Casson Mark
- 443-469 Employeeism, Corporate Governance, and the J-Firm
by Miyazaki Hajime
- 471-471 Editor's Introduction to the Symposium on Theoretical and Historical Perspectives on Chinese Agricultural Cooperatives
by Brada Josef C.
- 472-484 Does Free Exit Reduce Shirking in Production Teams?
by Dong Xiao-yuan & Dow Gregory K.
- 485-503 Transaction Costs and Peasants' Choice of Institutions: Did the Right to Exit Really Solve the Free Rider Problem in Chinese Collective Agriculture?
by Kung James Kaising
- 504-520 Exit Rights, Exit Costs, and Shirking in Agricultural Cooperatives: A Reply
by Lin Justin Yifu
- 521-529 The Role of Exit Costs in the Theory of Cooperative Teams: A Theoretical Perspective
by MacLeod W. Bentley
- 530-539 Collectivization and China's Agricultural Crisis
by Putterman Louis & Skillman Gilbert L.
- 540-559 Exit Right, Retaliatory Shirking, and the Agricultural Crisis in China
by Liu Minquan
1993, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-22 Privatization and Accumulation in Mixed Economies
by Gibson Bill & Dutt Amitava Krishna
- 23-42 Impact of Central Planning on Production Efficiency: The Case of the Cotton Yarn Industry in China
by Cheung Kamman & Archibald Sandra & Faig Miquel
- 43-69 Instability of General Equilibrium in a Labor-Managed Economy
by Weinrich Gerd
- 70-91 The Inconsistencies among Disequilibrium Aggregates
by Chang Gene Hsin
- 92-112 A Simple Model of an Oligopolistic Parallel Market
by Berkowitz Daniel
- 113-128 Job Rights and Labor Productivity in a Soviet-Type Economy
by Corneo Giacomo G.
- 129-150 The Roman Catholic Church and the Economic System: A Review Essay
by Pryor Frederic L.
- 177-180 The Economy of the USSR: Summary and Recommendations, The IMF, The World Bank, OECD, and EBRD, The World Bank, Washington, DC, Dec. 1990. 51 pp., $15.95; A Study of the Soviet Economy, IMF et al., Paris, Vol. I, 456 pp.; Vol. II, 305 pp.; Vol. III, 407 pp., $100.00
by Bergson Abram
1992, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 567-572 Theoretical and applied aspects of labor-managed firms: Editors' introduction
by Don, Yehuda & Kahana, Nava & Weiss, Avi
- 573-595 Absenteeism: A comparison of incentives in alternative organizations
by Kahana, Nava & Weiss, Avi
- 596-618 The role of exit costs in the theory of cooperative teams
by Putterman, Louis & Skillman, Gilbert L.
- 619-632 The credibility game: Reputation and rational cooperation in a changing population
by Guttman, Joel M.
- 633-654 Some general equilibrium aspects of a labor-managed economy with monopoly elements
by Neary, Hugh M.
- 655-669 Some capital market failures in the socialist labor-managed economy
by Keren, Michael & Levhari, David
- 670-687 Market syndicalism and market imbalances
by Bogetic, Zeljko & Heffley, Dennis
- 688-700 On the dynamic effects of using hired labor in the Kibbutz--theory and case studies
by Satt, Ehud & Ginzburg, Haim
- 701-715 Cooperatives and the business cycle: The Israeli case
by Russell, Raymond & Hanneman, Robert
- 716-732 Privatization and efficient contracts: The workers' stake in the transition
by Bonin, John P.
- 733-749 Progress with privatization
by Hillman, Arye L.
- 750-762 The bermuda triangle: Why self-governed firms work for their own destruction
by Bienkowski, Wojciech
- 765-773 Looking forward participatory economics for the Twenty First Century : , Boston: South End Press, 1991. 153 pp., no index, $10.00
by Smith, Stephen C.
- 774-777 The hungarian economic reforms 1953-1988 : , Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1990, x + 343 pp., index, no price
by Adam, Jan
- 778-780 The market mechanism and economic reforms in China : Armonk, NY: M. E. Sharpe, 1991. 264 pp., index, $45.00
by Qian, Yingyi
- 781-784 The logic of the planned economy: The seeds of the collapse : . Translated by Kevin Cook. New York: Oxford Univ. Press, 1991. x + 234 pp., bibliography, and index, $69.00
by Hall, John
- 785-788 Ko-ops: the rebirth of entrepreneurship in the Soviet Union : , Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana Univ. Press, 1991. xvii + 150 pp., index, $12.95
by Murphy, Michael A.