Infrastructure development in China: The cases of electricity, highways, and railways
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John A. Tatom, 1991. "Public capital and private sector performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 3-15.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1990. "Why has productivity growth declined? Productivity and public investment," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 3-22.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2004. "Infrastructure and regional economic development in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 203-214.
- Laura S. Rubin, 1991. "Productivity and the public capital stock: another look," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bai, Chong-En & Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2010. "Capital or knowhow: The role of foreign multinationals in Sino-foreign joint ventures," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 629-638, December.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Ying, John S., 1988. "Measuring the benefits of a large public investment : The case of the U.S. Federal-aid highway system," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 69-85, June.
- Haughwout, Andrew F., 2002.
"Public infrastructure investments, productivity and welfare in fixed geographic areas,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 405-428, March.
- Andrew F. Haughwout, 2000. "Public infrastructure investments, productivity and welfare in fixed geographic areas," Staff Reports 104, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1994. "Public-Sector Capital and the Productivity Puzzle," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 12-21, February.
- Demurger, Sylvie, 2001. "Infrastructure Development and Economic Growth: An Explanation for Regional Disparities in China?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-117, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Policy Watch: Infrastructure Investment and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 189-198, Fall.
- Morrison, Catherine J & Schwartz, Amy Ellen, 1996. "State Infrastructure and Productive Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1095-1111, December.
- Shirley, Chad & Winston, Clifford, 2004. "Firm inventory behavior and the returns from highway infrastructure investments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 398-415, March.
- Lynde, Catherine & Richmond, James, 1992. "The Role of Public Capital in Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 37-44, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ding, Chengri & Niu, Yi & Lichtenberg, Erik, 2014. "Spending preferences of local officials with off-budget land revenues of Chinese cities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 265-276.
- Shi, Yingying, 2012. "The Role of Infrastructure Capital in China’s Regional Economic Growth," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126547, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christine J. Richmond & Irene Yackovlev & Susan S. Yang, 2013. "Investing Volatile Oil Revenues in Capital-Scarce Economies; An Application to Angola," IMF Working Papers 13/147, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:116-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chong-En Bai & Chang-Tai Hsieh & Zheng (Michael) Song, 2016. "The Long Shadow of China’s Fiscal Expansion," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 47(2 (Fall)), pages 129-181.
- Cheng, Y.S. & Wong, W.K. & Woo, C.K., 2013. "How much have electricity shortages hampered China's GDP growth?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 369-373.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:47:y:2016:i:2016-02:p:129-181 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shi, Yingying & Guo, Shen & Sun, Puyang, 2017. "The role of infrastructure in China’s regional economic growth," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 26-41.
- Robert E. Hoskisson & Mike Wright & Igor Filatotchev & Mike W. Peng, 2013. "Emerging Multinationals from Mid-Range Economies: The Influence of Institutions and Factor Markets," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(7), pages 1295-1321, November.
- Sun, Zhentian & Li, Xuhong & Qiao, Wenxin & Haghani, Ali, 2013. "Entropy-based performance evaluation on institutional structures of trunk highway management—Case study in China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 85-91.
More about this item
KeywordsInfrastructure Electricity Highway Railway China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:38:y:2010:i:1:p:34-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .