Culture rules: A note on economic systems and values
This note shows that distinct clusters of general values found in various OECD nations match the particular economic systems of these countries; furthermore, these values seem to be an important underlying cause of the systems. If the values specifically focus on economic issues, rather than on more general considerations, the relationship between nations with particular groups of values and nations with the same economic system is also closer. Finally, the evidence suggests that one-to-one relationships of individual values to particular economic systems are not strong; rather, it is groups of values working together that play the critical causal role. Journal of Comparative Economics 36 (3) (2008) 510-515.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521849043 is not listed on IDEAS
- Licht, Amir N. & Goldschmidt, Chanan & Schwartz, Shalom H., 2007.
"Culture rules: The foundations of the rule of law and other norms of governance,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 659-688, December.
- Amir N. Licht & Chanan Goldschmidt & Shalom H. Schwartz, 2003. "Culture Rules: The Foundations of the Rule of Law and Other Norms of Governance," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-605, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521613477 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pryor, Frederic L., 2005. "Market economic systems," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 25-46, March.
- Frederic L. Pryor, 2007. "Culture and Economic Systems," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(4), pages 817-855, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:36:y:2008:i:3:p:510-515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.