2013, Volume 118, Issue 1
- 104-109 Is the exchange rate regime really irrelevant for external adjustment?
by Ghosh, Atish R. & Qureshi, Mahvash S. & Tsangarides, Charalambos G.
- 110-112 Excise taxes on gasoline and suppliers’ market power: A note
by Pichler, Eva & Böheim, Michael H.
- 113-117 Do airlines always suffer from crashes?
by Ho, Jerry C. & Qiu, Mei & Tang, Xiaojun
- 118-120 Are government and IMF forecasts useful? An application of a new market-timing test
by Tsuchiya, Yoichi
- 121-125 Non-Bayesian optimal search and dynamic implementation
by Gershkov, Alex & Moldovanu, Benny
- 126-129 Partial identification and mergers
by Hahn, Jinyong & Ridder, Geert & Snider, Connan
- 130-134 Estimation of spatial autoregressive models with boundary specification problem
by Zhang, Zhengyu & Tao, Ji
- 135-138 Measuring the stance of monetary policy in zero lower bound environments
by Krippner, Leo
- 139-142 A note on exact correspondences between adaptive learning algorithms and the Kalman filter
by Berardi, Michele & Galimberti, Jaqueson K.
- 143-147 Decomposing abnormal returns in stochastic linear models
by Lin, Carl
- 148-150 Bayesian forecasting with highly correlated predictors
by Korobilis, Dimitris
- 151-154 Misspecification in allocative inefficiency: A simulation study
by Kutlu, Levent
- 155-158 Behavior-based pricing with experience goods
by De Nijs, Romain & Rhodes, Andrew
- 159-162 Are the determinants of CO2 emissions converging among OECD countries?
by Camarero, Mariam & Picazo-Tadeo, Andrés J. & Tamarit, Cecilio
- 163-166 An alternative simple quantile regression estimator
by Zhang, Zhengyu & Zhu, Pingfang
- 167-169 Profit sharing and relative consumption
by Goerke, Laszlo
- 170-172 The labor market return to an attractive face: Evidence from a field experiment
by López Bóo, Florencia & Rossi, Martín A. & Urzúa, Sergio S.
- 173-176 Credit sales and advance payments: Substitutes or complements?
by Mateut, Simona & Zanchettin, Piercarlo
- 177-181 Bayesian inference in regression with Pearson disturbances
by Tsionas, Efthymios G.
- 182-185 Remittances and corruption
by Berdiev, Aziz N. & Kim, Yoonbai & Chang, Chun-Ping
- 186-188 Taxation and the cash flow sensitivity of dividends
by Jacob, Marcus & Jacob, Martin
- 189-191 Partial unit root and linear spurious regression: A Monte Carlo simulation study
by Zhang, Lingxiang
- 192-194 Efficiency in a search and matching economy with a competitive informal sector
by Charlot, Olivier & Malherbet, Franck & Ulus, Mustafa
- 195-198 Monotonicity of asset price toward higher changes in risk
by Jokung, Octave
- 199-202 Fossil fuel prices, exchange rate, and stock market: A dynamic causality analysis on the European market
by Śmiech, Sławomir & Papież, Monika
- 203-205 Stock price reversals following end-of-the-day price moves
by Kudryavtsev, Andrey
- 206-208 Two examples of ambiguity aversion
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 209-212 Public smoking bans and self-assessed health: Evidence from Great Britain
by Wildman, John & Hollingsworth, Bruce
- 213-215 Rational students and resit exams
by Kooreman, Peter
- 216-218 Reputation in multi-unit ascending auction with common values
by Kwiek, Maksymilian
- 219-221 The yield spread puzzle and the information content of SPF forecasts
by Lahiri, Kajal & Monokroussos, George & Zhao, Yongchen
- 222-224 The impact of price discrimination on consumer surplus at popular music concerts
by Eckard, E. Woodrow & Smith, Marlene A.
- 225-228 Is temporary agency employment a stepping stone for immigrants?
by Jahn, Elke & Rosholm, Michael
- 229-232 Intergenerational persistence of educational attainment in Italy
by Checchi, Daniele & Fiorio, Carlo V. & Leonardi, Marco
- 233-236 GMM estimation of stochastic frontier model with endogenous regressors
by Tran, Kien C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G.
- 237-239 Acyclicity and singleton cores in matching markets
by Romero-Medina, Antonio & Triossi, Matteo
- 240-242 Cooperative bargaining: Independence and monotonicity imply disagreement
by Rachmilevitch, Shiran
- 243-246 Estimation of a local-aggregate network model with sampled networks
by Liu, Xiaodong
2012, Volume 117, Issue 3
- 533-536 Employer sanctions, and the welfare of native workers
by Stark, Oded & Jakubek, Marcin
- 537-539 Experiments on horizontal mergers: Does size matter?
by Beckman, Steven R. & DeAngelo, Gregory & James Smith, W.
- 540-543 Price discrimination in Cournot competition
by Kutlu, Levent
- 544-547 The spatial time lag in panel data models
by Tao, Ji & Yu, Jihai
- 548-551 Human capital, matching and job satisfaction
by Barmby, Tim & Bryson, Alex & Eberth, Barbara
- 552-555 On the existence of share contracts under limited liability
by Dam, Kaniṣka & Ruiz Pérez, Daniel
- 556-560 Group lending with endogenous group size
by Bourjade, Sylvain & Schindele, Ibolya
- 561-562 Deterrence: Increased enforcement versus harsher penalties
by Pyne, Derek
- 563-565 Is it so bad that we cannot recognize black swans?
by Aleskerov, Fuad & Egorova, Lyudmila
- 566-568 Scale economies, consistent conjectures and teams
by Heywood, John S. & McGinty, Matthew
- 569-572 Nursing home residents make a difference—The overestimation of saving rates at older ages
by Ziegelmeyer, Michael
- 573-577 Openness and inflation: New empirical panel data evidence
by Jafari Samimi, Ahmad & Ghaderi, Saman & Hosseinzadeh, Ramezan & Nademi, Younes
- 578-581 A simple method to visualize results in nonlinear regression models
by Henderson, Daniel J. & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Parmeter, Christopher F.
- 582-584 Investment, irreversibility, and financing constraints: Evidence from a panel of transition economies
by Guariglia, Alessandra & Tsoukalas, John & Tsoukas, Serafeim
- 585-588 Estimating network effects in two-sided markets without data on prices and quantities
by Hildebrand, Thomas
- 589-591 Peer punishment with third-party approval in a social dilemma game
by Tan, Fangfang & Xiao, Erte
- 592-595 The gender wage gap in experimental labor markets
by Schwieren, Christiane
- 596-599 Do doctors charge high income patients more?
by Johar, Meliyanni
- 600-603 Inflow of labour, producer services and wage inequality
by Zhang, Jingjing
- 604-607 Bayesian estimation of exchange rate regime choice with spatial effect
by Zhang, Guoxiong
- 608-614 The great synchronization of international trade collapse
by Antonakakis, Nikolaos
- 615-618 Measuring the economic value of loan advice
by Taylor, Nicholas
- 619-623 Reservation wage and optimal contract for experts
by Jun, Jooyong & Yoon, Kyoung-Soo
- 624-626 Individual level evidence of dishonesty and the gender effect
by Friesen, Lana & Gangadharan, Lata
- 627-631 Demographics and demand: Evaluation of alternative functional forms
by Lyssiotou, Panayiota
- 632-635 Does studying abroad cause international labor mobility? Evidence from Italy
by Di Pietro, Giorgio
- 636-638 A market interpretation of the proportional extended core
by Bejan, Camelia & Gómez, Juan Camilo
- 639-641 Credit default swaps and risk-shifting
by Campello, Murillo & Matta, Rafael
- 642-645 Public goods and the hold-up problem under asymmetric information
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 646-649 A generalization of Dybvig’s result on portfolio selection with intolerance for decline in consumption
by Koo, Byung Lim & Koo, Hyeng Keun & Koo, Jung Lim & Hyun, ChongSeok
- 650-653 Utility of a quarter-million
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 654-656 Optimal monetary policy with asymmetric preferences for output
by Cassou, Steven P. & Scott, C. Patrick & Vázquez, Jesús
- 657-659 Credible threats in a wage bargaining model with on-the-job search
by Bartolucci, Cristian
- 660-662 The relative-age effect and career success: Evidence from corporate CEOs
by Du, Qianqian & Gao, Huasheng & Levi, Maurice D.
- 663-665 Relative standards in ADHD diagnoses: The role of specialist behavior
by Dalsgaard, Søren & Humlum, Maria Knoth & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne
- 666-672 Exchange rate undervaluation and economic growth: Díaz Alejandro (1965) revisited
by Glüzmann, Pablo Alfredo & Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico
- 673-675 Risk-averse insider trading in multi-asset sequential auction markets
by Vitale, Paolo
- 676-678 Bankruptcy and institutions
by Alexeev, Michael & Kim, Jounghyeon
- 679-682 Efficiency in a search and matching model with right-to-manage bargaining
by Sunakawa, Takeki
- 683-686 Inflated ordered outcomes
by Brooks, Robert & Harris, Mark N. & Spencer, Christopher
- 687-690 Fair wages when employers face the risk of losing money
by Gose, Karina & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim
- 691-693 Group decision making under risk: An experiment with student couples
by He, Haoran & Martinsson, Peter & Sutter, Matthias
- 694-696 The age distribution and business cycle volatility: International evidence
by Lugauer, Steven & Redmond, Michael
- 697-699 A note on the size of the KPSS unit root test
by Su, Jen-Je & Amsler, Christine & Schmidt, Peter
- 700-703 Do financial crises erode potential output? Evidence from OECD inflation responses
by Bijapur, Mohan
- 704-707 An experimental investigation of a third-person enforcement in a prisoner’s dilemma game
by Kusakawa, Takao & Ogawa, Kazuhito & Shichijo, Tatsuhiro
- 708-711 Corruption, food subsidies, and opacity: Evidence from the Philippines
by Mehta, Aashish & Jha, Shikha
- 712-714 More competitors or more competition? Market concentration and the intensity of competition
by Menezes, Flavio M. & Quiggin, John
- 715-717 An empirical investigation of late bidding in online auctions
by Ben Rhouma, Tarek & Zaccour, Georges
- 718-721 Moderate stake variations for risk and uncertainty, gains and losses: Methodological implications for comparative studies
by Vieider, Ferdinand M.
- 722-726 A note on endogenous fertility, child allowances and poverty traps
by Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca
- 727-729 Matching as a cure for underprovision of voluntary public good supply
by Buchholz, Wolfgang & Cornes, Richard & Rübbelke, Dirk
- 730-733 Estimating technical efficiency in micro panels
by Feng, Qu & Horrace, William C.
- 734-738 Quantile regression estimation for discretely observed SDE models with compound Poisson jumps
by Noh, Jungsik & Lee, Seung Y. & Lee, Sangyeol
- 739-742 On the expenditure-dependence of children’s resource shares
by Menon, Martina & Pendakur, Krishna & Perali, Federico
- 743-745 Disentangling disproportionality
by Poulsen, Thomas
- 746-749 Protectionism during the crisis: Tit-for-tat or chicken-games?
by Boffa, Mauro & Olarreaga, Marcelo
- 750-752 Does subjective well-being dynamically adjust to circumstances?
by Wunder, Christoph
- 753-757 Estimation of a heteroscedastic binary choice model with an endogenous dummy regressor
by Zhang, Zhengyu & He, Xiaobo
- 758-761 How to devalue exchange rates, without building up reserves: Strategic theory for central banking
by Basu, Kaushik
- 762-766 A practical comparison of the bivariate probit and linear IV estimators
by Chiburis, Richard C. & Das, Jishnu & Lokshin, Michael
- 767-769 Mixed oligopoly, public firm behavior, and free private entry
by Bennett, John & La Manna, Manfredi
- 770-773 Intergenerational income mobility revisited: Estimation with an income dynamic model with heterogeneous age profile
by Chau, Tak Wai
- 774-776 Fiscal and financial determinants of Eurozone sovereign spreads
by Caggiano, Giovanni & Greco, Luciano
- 777-781 On take it or leave it offers in common agency
by Han, Seungjin
- 782-785 Financial openness, nontradable inflation and optimal monetary policy
by Lartey, Emmanuel K.K.
- 786-789 An efficient and fair solution for communication graph games
by van den Brink, René & Khmelnitskaya, Anna & van der Laan, Gerard
- 790-793 Decisions among defaults and the effect of the option to do nothing
by Di Guida, Sibilla & Marchiori, Davide & Erev, Ido
- 794-798 A simple solution to the distance puzzle in international trade
by Yotov, Yoto V.
- 799-802 Aid fragmentation and donor transaction costs
by Anderson, Edward
- 803-806 Testing forecasting model versatility
by Taylor, Nicholas
- 807-810 Updating inflation expectations: Evidence from micro-data
by Dräger, Lena & Lamla, Michael J.
- 811-813 Forecasting with the New Keynesian Phillips curve: Evidence from survey data
by Jean-Baptiste, Frédo
- 814-816 Testing the Prebish–Singer hypothesis using second-generation panel data stationarity tests with a break
by Arezki, Rabah & Hadri, Kaddour & Kurozumi, Eiji & Rao, Yao
- 817-819 Bootstrap innovational outlier unit root tests in dependent panels
by Costantini, Mauro & Gutierrez, Luciano
- 820-823 Microcredit and development in an occupational choice model
by Yusupov, Nurmukhammad
- 824-827 High wage workers match with high wage firms: Clear evidence of the effects of limited mobility bias
by Andrews, M.J. & Gill, L. & Schank, T. & Upward, R.
- 828-830 Eliminating sunspot effects in overlapping generations models
by Burke, Jonathan L.
- 831-833 The life-cycle and the business-cycle of wage risk — Cross-country comparisons
by Bayer, Christian & Juessen, Falko
- 834-836 Contests with endogenous discrimination
by Li, Sanxi & Yu, Jun
- 837-840 GDP clustering: A reappraisal
by Battisti, Michele & Parmeter, Christopher F.
- 841-843 The hold-up problem, innovations, and limited liability
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 844-847 Income and democracy: Revisiting the evidence
by Moral-Benito, Enrique & Bartolucci, Cristian
- 848-850 Urbanization and CO2 emissions: A semi-parametric panel data analysis
by Zhu, Hui-Ming & You, Wan-Hai & Zeng, Zhao-fa
- 851-856 A simple test for linearity against exponential smooth transition models with endogenous variables
by Massacci, Daniele
- 857-861 Asset prices, credit and the business cycle
by Chen, Xiaoshan & Kontonikas, Alexandros & Montagnoli, Alberto
- 862-865 A representative consumer theorem for discrete choice models in networked markets
by Melo, Emerson
- 866-869 Equally shocking news
by Blake, Andrew P.
- 870-873 Transmission effects of foreign exchange reserves on price level: Evidence from China
by Chen, Langnan & Huang, Shoufeng
- 874-877 Relative efficiency of specific and ad-valorem tariffs in a model of monopolistic competition
by Durceylan, Esra
- 878-880 The price of unobservables and the employer-size wage premium
by Cerejeira, João & Guimarães, Paulo
- 881-882 Static models of the Edgeworth cycle
by de Roos, Nicolas
- 883-886 Preferential treatment in procurement auctions through information revelation
by Colucci, Domenico & Doni, Nicola & Valori, Vincenzo
- 887-890 Cash transfers and anemia among women of reproductive age
by Schady, Norbert
- 891-894 A new test for monopoly with limited cost data
by Moul, Charles C.
- 895-897 A note on the effect of education on religiosity
by Javier Arias-Vazquez, F.
- 898-900 Deriving the labour supply curve from happiness data
by Dockery, Alfred M.
- 901-904 A note on the (in)consistency of the test of overidentifying restrictions and the concepts of true and pseudo-true parameters
by Guggenberger, Patrik
- 905-908 Religion and earnings: Is it good to be an atheist with religious parental background?
by Cornelissen, Thomas & Jirjahn, Uwe
- 909-911 Budget deficits and social protection: Cyclical government expenditure in the OECD
by Abbott, Andrew & Jones, Philip
- 912-916 Budgetary consolidation under different exchange rate regimes
by Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo & Hanson, Jesper
- 917-920 The currency union effect on trade is decreasing over time
by de Sousa, José
- 921-923 The marginal price effects of antitrust rules against price discrimination
by Zenger, Hans
- 924-927 A dynamic model of patent portfolio races
by Denicolò, Vincenzo & Zanchettin, Piercarlo
- 928-931 The price discrimination effect of a large merger of parking garages
by De Nijs, Romain
- 932-935 A note on estimating a structural change in persistence
by Kejriwal, Mohitosh & Perron, Pierre
2012, Volume 117, Issue 2
- 383-385 Reciprocal brokered deposits and bank risk
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 386-388 Toeholds and signalling in takeover auctions
by Dodonova, Anna
- 389-393 The raising of the school leaving age: Returns in later life
by Buscha, Franz & Dickson, Matt
- 394-396 Partnership dissolution mechanisms in the laboratory
by Kittsteiner, Thomas & Ockenfels, Axel & Trhal, Nadja
- 397-400 Does the public sector over-provide club goods? A general result
by al-Nowaihi, Ali & Fraser, Clive D.
- 401-404 Quantile regression with aggregated data
by Nicoletti, Cheti & Best, Nicky
- 405-407 Delegation, monitoring, and relational contracts
by Goldlücke, Susanne & Kranz, Sebastian
- 408-410 Alternative approaches to tax reform
by Haibara, Takumi
- 411-413 Jointly testing linearity and nonstationarity within threshold autoregressions
by Pitarakis, Jean-Yves
- 414-417 Competition in non-linear pricing, market concentration and mergers
by Chiesa, Gabriella & Denicolò, Vincenzo
- 418-422 The desirability of pay-as-you-go pensions when relative consumption matters and returns are stochastic
by Bilancini, Ennio & D’Antoni, Massimo
- 423-425 Water abundance and an EKC for water pollution
by Thompson, Alexi
- 426-428 Vocational or university education? A new look at their effects on economic growth
by Vu, Tam Bang & Hammes, David L. & Im, Eric Iksoon
- 429-435 On the amplification role of collateral constraints
by Mendicino, Caterina
- 436-440 Underperformance by female CEOs: A more powerful test
by Kolev, Gueorgui I.
- 441-444 Anonymous job applications of fresh Ph.D. economists
by Krause, Annabelle & Rinne, Ulf & Zimmermann, Klaus F.
- 445-447 Group lending with correlated project outcomes
by Katzur, Tomek & Lensink, Robert
- 448-451 Restoring the conservative central banker proposition under monetary-fiscal interaction
by Sánchez, Marcelo
- 452-454 An impulse-response function for a VAR with multivariate GARCH-in-Mean that incorporates direct and indirect transmission of shocks
by Chua, Chew Lian & Suardi, Sandy & Tsiaplias, Sarantis
- 455-459 Personal indebtedness, spatial effects and crime
by McIntyre, Stuart G. & Lacombe, Donald J.
- 460-463 Effective and efficient experimental instructions
by Bigoni, M. & Dragone, D.
- 464-466 A model of inflation in Taiwan
by Chow, Gregory C.
- 467-472 Business cycle synchronization during US recessions since the beginning of the 1870s
by Antonakakis, Nikolaos
- 473-476 Continuity of a model with a nested CES utility function and Bertrand competition
by Kucheryavyy, Konstantin
- 477-479 The AIDS: A chain price index approach
by Brown, Mark G. & Lee, Jonq-Ying
- 480-483 What is more important for prostitute price? Physical appearance or risky sex behavior?
by Chang, Hung-Hao & Weng, Yungho
- 484-486 Evolvement of influence in hierarchies
by Arlegi, Ritxar & Dimitrov, Dinko
- 487-489 Strategic delegation under price competition and network effects
by Hoernig, Steffen
- 490-492 A strategic mediator who is biased in the same direction as the expert can improve information transmission
by Mechtenberg, Lydia & Münster, Johannes
- 493-495 The drivers of merger waves
by Kastrinaki, Zafeira & Stoneman, Paul
- 496-499 Nash equilibrium existence and uniqueness in a club model
by Fraser, Clive D.
- 500-504 An exploration in school formation: Income vs. Ability
by Alkan, Ahmet & Anbarci, Nejat & Sarpça, Sinan
- 505-508 Incentives versus competitive balance
by Möller, Marc
- 509-512 Government ownership of banks, job creation opportunities and employment growth
by Gur, Nurullah
- 513-516 Forecasting the yield curve for the Euro region
by Tabak, B.M. & Sollaci, A.B. & Gomes, G.M. & Cajueiro, D.O.
- 517-520 Salience, risky choices and gender
by Booth, Alison & Nolen, Patrick
- 521-524 How regulation affects network and service quality in related markets
by Haucap, Justus & Klein, Gordon J.
- 525-527 Optimal beliefs in the long run: An overlapping generations perspective
by Yuan, Yue
- 528-532 MIDAS volatility forecast performance under market stress: Evidence from emerging stock markets
by Emre Alper, C. & Fendoglu, Salih & Saltoglu, Burak
2012, Volume 117, Issue 1
- 1-3 Firm productivity and the number of FDI destinations: Evidence from a non-parametric test
by Tanaka, Ayumu
- 4-6 Yardstick competition, fiscal disparities, and equalization
by Allers, Maarten A.
- 7-9 Survival of contractors with previous subcontracting experience
by De Silva, Dakshina G. & Kosmopoulou, Georgia & Lamarche, Carlos
- 10-13 A simple nonstationary-volatility robust panel unit root test
by Demetrescu, Matei & Hanck, Christoph
- 14-17 Urbanization, human capital, and cross-country productivity differences
by Kumar, Alok & Kober, Brianne
- 18-20 Technology differences in empirical studies of international trade
by Gundlach, Erich & de Vaal, Albert
- 21-24 Monopoly incentives for cost-reducing R&D
by Garella, Paolo G.
- 25-27 Unwillingness to pay for privacy: A field experiment
by Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören
- 28-31 Optimal unemployment insurance in GE: A robust calibration approach
by Cozzi, Marco
- 32-34 New evidence on pay gap between men and women in Turkey
by Akhmedjonov, Alisher
- 35-38 Sovereign risk contagion in the Eurozone
by Metiu, Norbert
- 39-41 The teaching penalty in higher education: Evidence from a public research university
by Binder, Melissa & Chermak, Janie & Krause, Kate & Thacher, Jennifer
- 42-44 Economic integration and the sustainability of multimarket collusion
by Bond, Eric W. & Syropoulos, Constantinos
- 45-48 Parochial altruism in inter-group conflicts
by Abbink, Klaus & Brandts, Jordi & Herrmann, Benedikt & Orzen, Henrik
- 49-52 Something will turn up? Financial over-optimism and mortgage arrears
by Dawson, Chris & Henley, Andrew
- 53-56 US banking efficiency, 1984–1995
by Kutlu, Levent
- 57-59 Input substitutability, trade costs and location
by Michalski, Tomasz