2013, Volume 121, Issue 1
- 121-123 A mechanism for eliciting the mean and quantiles of a random variable
by Demuynck, Thomas
- 124-127 How economic rewards affect cooperation reconsidered
by Kagel, John H. & Schley, Dan R.
- 128-132 Political expenditure cycles and election outcomes: Evidence from disaggregation of public expenditures by economic functions
by Enkelmann, Sören & Leibrecht, Markus
- 133-136 Why are crude oil prices high when global activity is weak?
by Ratti, Ronald A. & Vespignani, Joaquin L.
- 137-140 Paying not to sell
by Bacchiega, Emanuele & Bonroy, Olivier & Mabrouk, Rania
2013, Volume 120, Issue 3
- 359-363 Political costs and fiscal benefits: The political economy of residential property value assessment under Proposition 212
by Makowsky, Michael & Sanders, Shane
- 364-368 Combining the endogenous choice of price/quantity and timing
by Sun, Chia-Hung
- 369-373 Estimation of parametric homogeneous stochastic volatility pricing formulae based on option data
by Xu, Zheng
- 374-378 A case for maximum wage
by Blumkin, Tomer & Sadka, Efraim & Shem-Tov, Yotam
- 379-383 Price discrimination or uniform pricing: Which colludes more?
by Horstmann, Niklas & Krämer, Jan
- 384-388 Optimal learning of a set: Or how to edit a journal if you must
by Cripps, Martin W.
- 389-391 A simple test for the ignorability of non-compliance in experiments
by Huber, Martin
- 392-396 Monetary accommodation, imperfect central bank transparency and optimal delegation
by Sánchez, Marcelo
- 397-400 Cheap talk with an exit option: The case of discrete action space
by Shimizu, Takashi
- 401-404 Eductive learning and the rationalizability of oligopoly games
by Gaballo, Gaetano
- 405-407 Global extreme poverty rates for children, adults and the elderly
by Batana, Yélé & Bussolo, Maurizio & Cockburn, John
- 408-412 Heterogeneous treatment effects in groups
by Riener, Gerhard & Wiederhold, Simon
- 413-415 Born to be wide? Exploring correlations in mother and adolescent body mass index
by Brown, Heather & Roberts, Jennifer
- 416-418 Using the downside mean-semideviation for measuring vulnerability to poverty
by Gallardo, Mauricio
- 419-423 Competition lessens competition
by Godoy, Sara & Morales, Antonio J. & Rodero, Javier
- 424-428 A note on bounding average treatment effects
by Lafférs, Lukáš
- 429-432 The expectation-based loss-averse newsvendor
by Herweg, Fabian
- 433-436 The granular hypothesis in EU country exports
by del Rosal, Ignacio
- 437-441 On a general class of long run variance estimators
by Zhang, Xianyang & Shao, Xiaofeng
- 442-446 Can geography lock a society in stagnation?
by Dao, Nguyen Thang & Dávila, Julio
- 447-449 The poverty-assistance paradox
by Janky, Béla & Varga, Dániel
- 450-453 Growth spillover through trade: A spatial dynamic panel data approach
by Ho, Chun-Yu & Wang, Wei & Yu, Jihai
- 454-457 Informality, financial development and macroeconomic volatility
by Mitra, Shalini
- 458-463 Economic interactions and social tolerance: A dynamic perspective
by Cerqueti, Roy & Correani, Luca & Garofalo, Giuseppe
- 464-467 Credence goods, experts and risk aversion
by Bonroy, Olivier & Lemarié, Stéphane & Tropéano, Jean-Philippe
- 468-472 The Great Recession and the inflation puzzle
by Matheson, Troy & Stavrev, Emil
- 473-476 Value learning and the willingness to accept–willingness to pay disparity
by Kingsley, David C. & Brown, Thomas C.
- 477-480 Factor income taxation and growth with increasing integration of world capital markets
by Ho, Wai-Hong & Yang, C.C.
- 481-486 Export growth and firm survival
by Emami Namini, Julian & Facchini, Giovanni & López, Ricardo A.
- 487-490 The impact of training duration on employment outcomes: Evidence from LATE estimates
by Kluve, Jochen & Rinne, Ulf & Uhlendorff, Arne & Zhao, Zhong
- 491-494 An alternative approach to the modelling of interest rate pass through and asymmetric adjustment
by Valadkhani, Abbas & Bollen, Bernard
- 495-498 A solution to the weak instrument bias in 2SLS estimation: Indirect inference with stochastic approximation
by Arel-Bundock, Vincent
- 499-502 Technology licensing and innovation
by Mukherjee, Arijit & Mukherjee, Soma
- 503-508 Monopoly extraction of a nonrenewable resource facing capacity constrained renewable competition
by Wang, Min & Zhao, Jinhua
- 509-512 Competition, timing of entry and welfare in a preemption game
by Argenziano, Rossella & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp
- 513-515 Capital mobility and global factor shocks
by Costantini, Mauro & Gutierrez, Luciano
- 516-520 Popular protest and political budget cycles: A panel data analysis
by Klomp, Jeroen & de Haan, Jakob
- 521-524 When are GDP forecasts updated? Evidence from a large international panel
by Dovern, Jonas
- 525-527 Common-value contests with asymmetric information
by Wärneryd, Karl
- 528-531 Cyclical dynamics in idiosyncratic labor-market risks: Evidence from March CPS 1968–2011
by Zhao, Bo
- 532-536 Inconsistency of 2SLS estimators in threshold regression with endogeneity
by Yu, Ping
- 537-541 Monetary policy, stock prices, and consumption externalities
by Airaudo, Marco
- 542-545 Level-k reasoning and time pressure in the 11–20 money request game
by Lindner, Florian & Sutter, Matthias
- 546-551 A conditional demand approach to the Alchian–Allen effect
by Minagawa, Junichi & Upmann, Thorsten
- 552-558 Optimal climate policy: Uncertainty versus Monte Carlo
by Crost, Benjamin & Traeger, Christian P.
- 559-561 Unfolding the mystery of false-name-proofness
by Bu, Nanyang
- 562-565 Hypothetical bias in value orientations ring games
by Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Mestelman, Stuart
- 566-569 Computing the risky steady state of DSGE models
by de Groot, Oliver
- 570-572 Radner’s cost–benefit analysis in the small: An equivalence result
by Schlee, Edward E.
- 573-578 SME’s registration: Evidence from an RCT in Bangladesh
by De Giorgi, Giacomo & Rahman, Aminur
- 579-582 Most-favored-customer pricing, product variety, and welfare
by Granero, Lluís M.
- 583-587 Class-size effects in Japanese schools: A spline regression approach
by Hojo, Masakazu
- 588-591 Cycles with undistinguished actions and extended Rock–Paper–Scissors games
by Bahel, Eric & Haller, Hans
- 592-595 Semiparametric selection of seasonal cointegrating ranks using information criteria
by Seong, Byeongchan
- 596-598 Negative certainty independence without betweenness
by Dillenberger, David & Erol, Selman
- 599-602 A note on input congestion
by Rødseth, Kenneth Løvold
- 603-605 Labour union, entry and consumer welfare
by Mukherjee, Arijit & Wang, Leonard F.S.
2013, Volume 120, Issue 2
- 139-141 Data revisions and periodic properties of macroeconomic data
by Franses, Philip Hans
- 142-145 Validating an ultra-short survey measure of patience
by Vischer, Thomas & Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Schupp, Jürgen & Sunde, Uwe & Wagner, Gert G.
- 146-148 On existence of moment of mean reversion estimator in linear diffusion models
by Bao, Yong & Ullah, Aman & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria
- 149-154 Fighting corruption: To precommit or not?
by Ngendakuriyo, Fabien & Zaccour, Georges
- 155-159 Iterated Choquet expectations: A possibility result
by Dominiak, Adam
- 160-163 The role of information in contests
by Dubey, Pradeep
- 164-166 The lottery Blotto game
by Osorio, Antonio
- 167-170 Do economic conditions influence environmental policy? Evidence from the US Senate
by Jacobsen, Grant D.
- 171-173 Delinquency model predictive power among low-documentation loans
by Jiang, Wei & Nelson, Ashlyn Aiko & Vytlacil, Edward
- 174-176 Unsubsidized microfinance institutions
by D’Espallier, Bert & Hudon, Marek & Szafarz, Ariane
- 177-180 A note on Futia (1981)’s non-existence pathology of rational expectations equilibria
by Rondina, Giacomo & Walker, Todd B.
- 181-183 Step thinking and costly coordination
by Fatas, Enrique & Morales, Antonio J.
- 184-187 GLS-based unit root tests for bounded processes
by Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluís & Gadea, María Dolores
- 188-191 When higher prizes lead to lower efforts—The impact of favoritism in tournaments
by Herbertz, Claus & Sliwka, Dirk
- 192-194 Testing for nonlinearity and chaos in economic time series with noise titration
by Caraiani, Petre
- 195-199 Impacts of the initial observation on unit root tests using recursive demeaning and detrending procedures
by Meng, Ming & Lee, Hyejin & Cho, Myeong Hyeon & Lee, Junsoo
- 200-202 Permanent and transitory inequality and intragenerational mobility
by Chen, Tao & Couch, Kenneth A.
- 203-205 Generalized adaptive expectations revisited
by Sorge, Marco M.
- 206-210 Easy and flexible mixture distributions
by Fosgerau, Mogens & Mabit, Stefan L.
- 211-214 Asymmetric Nash bargaining solutions: A simple Nash program
by Anbarci, Nejat & Sun, Ching-jen
- 215-219 Financial dependence and growth: Diminishing returns to improvement in financial development
by Shen, Leilei
- 220-223 Endogenous risk in monopolistic competition
by Damjanovic, Vladislav
- 224-228 A factor approach to realized volatility forecasting in the presence of finite jumps and cross-sectional correlation in pricing errors
by Atak, Alev & Kapetanios, George
- 229-231 Business cycles, bank credit and crises
by Bucher, Monika & Dietrich, Diemo & Hauck, Achim
- 232-237 The size distribution of US cities: Not Pareto, even in the tail
by Bee, Marco & Riccaboni, Massimo & Schiavo, Stefano
- 238-241 Heterogeneous convergence
by Young, Andrew T. & Higgins, Matthew J. & Levy, Daniel
- 242-244 Small is beautiful—Experimental evidence of donors’ preferences for charities
by Borgloh, Sarah & Dannenberg, Astrid & Aretz, Bodo
- 245-248 An incentive compatible scoring rule for ordinal judgments of expected utility maximizers
by Jaspersen, Johannes G.
- 249-253 Derivation of marginal effects of determinants of technical inefficiency
by Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Sun, Kai
- 254-258 Bubbles, crashes and risk
by Branch, William A. & Evans, George W.
- 259-261 Competition and collusion with fixed output
by Zenger, Hans
- 262-266 Envelope condition method versus endogenous grid method for solving dynamic programming problems
by Maliar, Lilia & Maliar, Serguei
- 267-270 Time inconsistency and the long-run effects of inflation
by Boulware, Karl David & Reed, Robert R. & Ume, Ejindu
- 271-275 Do financial markets learn from ECB monetary policy?
by Filbien, Jean-Yves & Labondance, Fabien
- 276-279 Intention-based fairness preferences in two-player contests
by Hoffmann, Magnus & Kolmar, Martin
- 280-283 Bilateral delegation in wage and employment bargaining in monopoly
by Chatterjee, Ishita & Saha, Bibhas
- 284-287 Hedonic methods for baskets of goods
by Griffith, Rachel & Nesheim, Lars
- 288-291 On discrete location choice models
by Herger, Nils & McCorriston, Steve
- 292-296 Multi-trait matching and gender differentials in intergenerational mobility
by Chen, Natalie & Conconi, Paola & Perroni, Carlo
- 297-301 Technology adoption and diffusion with uncertainty in a commons
by Fissel, Benjamin E. & Gilbert, Ben & LaRiviere, Jacob
- 302-304 Fertility and wealth in early colonial India: Evidence from widow suicides (satis) in Bengal
by Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra & Green, Elliott
- 305-309 Semiparametric smooth-coefficient stochastic frontier model
by Sun, Kai & Kumbhakar, Subal C.
- 310-313 House money effects, risk preferences and the public goods game
by Jing, Lin & Cheo, Roland
- 314-317 Foreign bank presence: Helping or hurting when financial contagion strikes?
by Ahrend, Rudiger & Goujard, Antoine
- 318-322 Borders and Big Macs
by Landry, Anthony
- 323-328 Female labour force participation and economic growth in the South Mediterranean countries
by Tsani, Stella & Paroussos, Leonidas & Fragiadakis, Costas & Charalambidis, Ioannis & Capros, Pantelis
- 329-331 Credit rationing or entrepreneurial risk aversion? A comment
by Bonilla, Claudio A. & Vergara, Marcos
- 332-337 Repeated games with local monitoring and private communication
by Laclau, M.
- 338-341 Tax benefits of leasing
by Bell, Timothy J. & Thomas, Jacob
- 342-345 Political budget cycles in Indonesia at the district level
by Sjahrir, Bambang Suharnoko & Kis-Katos, Krisztina & Schulze, Günther G.
- 346-349 Avoiding biased versions of Wooldridge’s simple solution to the initial conditions problem
by Rabe-Hesketh, Sophia & Skrondal, Anders
- 350-353 Are there bubbles in the Sterling-dollar exchange rate? New evidence from sequential ADF tests
by Bettendorf, Timo & Chen, Wenjuan
- 354-357 Value added content of trade: A comprehensive approach
by Foster-McGregor, Neil & Stehrer, Robert
2013, Volume 120, Issue 1
- 1-4 Bonus payments as an anti-corruption instrument: A theoretical approach
by Cracau, Daniel & Franz, Benjamin
- 5-9 A variable addition test for exogeneity in structural threshold models
by Massacci, Daniele
- 10-13 Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for top income shares
by Brzezinski, Michal
- 14-17 Matching with quorums
by Monte, Daniel & Tumennasan, Norovsambuu
- 18-22 Productivity with general indices of management and technical change
by Triebs, T.P. & Kumbhakar, S.C.
- 23-26 Biased effects of taxes and subsidies on portfolio choices
by Ackermann, Hagen & Fochmann, Martin & Mihm, Benedikt
- 27-31 Euler equations and money market interest rates: The role of monetary policy and risk premium shocks
by Gareis, Johannes & Mayer, Eric
- 32-35 Preferences, social capital, and compulsory volunteering
by Yang, Wei
- 36-39 On the design of citizens’ initiatives in a union of states
by Maaser, Nicola
- 40-44 Which decision theory?
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo
- 45-47 Remittance outflows and inflation: The case of the GCC countries
by Termos, Ali & Naufal, George & Genc, Ismail
- 48-52 Economic growth and environmental efficiency: Evidence from US regions
by Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G.
- 53-56 Third party assessments in trust problems with conflict of interest: An experiment on the effects of promises
by Kataria, Mitesh & Winter, Fabian
- 57-60 Integration of choice probabilities in logit
by Delle Site, Paolo
- 61-64 Leadership at school: Does the gender of siblings matter?
by Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria
- 65-66 Estimating the state vector of linearized DSGE models without the Kalman filter
by Kollmann, Robert
- 67-70 Compensation, perks, and welfare
by Weinschenk, Philipp
- 71-73 Identification in models of gasoline pricing
by Bachmeier, Lance
- 74-78 How uncertain is household income in China
by Yu, Jihai & Zhu, Guozhong
- 79-82 On testability of complementarity in models with multiple equilibria
by Rai, Yoshiyasu & Otsu, Taisuke
- 83-86 The multidimensional effects of a small gift: Evidence from a natural field experiment
by Garbarino, Ellen & Slonim, Robert & Wang, Carmen
- 87-92 Dynamic co-movements of stock market returns, implied volatility and policy uncertainty
by Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Chatziantoniou, Ioannis & Filis, George
- 93-96 Cooperation in and out of markets: An experimental comparison of public good games and markets with externalities
by Cherry, Todd L. & Kallbekken, Steffen & Kroll, Stephan & McEvoy, David M.
- 97-99 Spatial correlation between homicide rates and inequality: Evidence from urban neighborhoods
by Menezes, Tatiane & Silveira-Neto, Raul & Monteiro, Circe & Ratton, José Luiz
- 100-103 A check for finite order VAR representations of DSGE models
by Franchi, Massimo & Vidotto, Anna
- 104-107 Financial shocks and trade finance: Evidence from Korea
by Hwang, Sangyeon & Im, Hyejoon
- 108-111 Reversal and magnitude effects in long-term time preferences: Results from a field experiment
by Bocquého, Géraldine & Jacquet, Florence & Reynaud, Arnaud
- 112-116 Digital labor-market intermediation and job expectations: Evidence from a field experiment
by Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose & Galdo, Virgilio
- 117-122 The efficient modelling of high frequency transaction data: A new application of estimating functions in financial economics
by Allen, David & Ng, K.H. & Peiris, Shelton
- 123-125 Financial dependence, global growth opportunities, and growth revisited
by Manganelli, Simone & Popov, Alexander
- 126-129 Real exchange rate volatility, terms-of-trade shocks, and financial integration in primary-commodity exporting economies
by Al-Abri, Almukhtar
- 130-134 News impact curve for stochastic volatility models
by Takahashi, Makoto & Omori, Yasuhiro & Watanabe, Toshiaki
- 135-138 Large labour unions and terms-of-trade externality
by Cuciniello, Vincenzo
2013, Volume 119, Issue 3
- 229-232 Simultaneous confidence band for nonparametric fixed effects panel data models
by Li, Gaorong & Peng, Heng & Tong, Tiejun
- 233-237 A simple test for the equality of integration orders
by Hualde, Javier
- 238-242 Consumption taxes and precautionary savings
by Anagnostopoulos, Alexis & Li, Qian
- 243-246 Program quality and treatment completion for youth training programs
by Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose
- 247-250 On the estimation and inference in factor-augmented panel regressions with correlated loadings
by Westerlund, Joakim & Urbain, Jean-Pierre
- 251-254 Credit rating agencies and elections in emerging democracies: Guardians of fiscal discipline?
by Hanusch, Marek & Vaaler, Paul M.
- 255-260 The impact of a sustainability constraint on the mean-tracking error efficient frontier
by Boudt, Kris & Cornelissen, Jonathan & Croux, Christophe
- 261-263 Full implementation of rank-dependent prizes
by Midjord, Rune
- 264-267 Heterogeneous agents and the implications of the Markowitz model of utility for multi-prize lottery tickets
by Peel, D.A.
- 268-271 Entry of firms and cost of disinflation in New Keynesian models
by Bloch, Laurence
- 272-275 Size-dependent labor regulations and structural transformation in India
by Cai, Wenbiao & Pandey, Manish
- 276-279 Reservation wages, expected wages and unemployment
by Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl
- 280-283 Understanding and predicting bank rating transitions using optimal survival analysis models
by Louis, Philippe & Van Laere, Elisabeth & Baesens, Bart
- 284-286 Chronic and transient poverty in rural China
by Wan, Guanghua & Zhang, Yuan
- 287-290 Structural estimation of continuous choice models: Evaluating the EGM and MPEC
by Jørgensen, Thomas H.
- 291-295 Productivity growth decomposition using a spatial autoregressive frontier model
by Glass, Anthony & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Paez-Farrell, Juan
- 296-298 The union wage effect and ability bias: Evidence from Ireland
by Walsh, Frank
- 299-301 Solution of continuous-time dynamic models with inequality constraints
by Trimborn, Timo
- 302-305 On pollution permits and abatement
by Beladi, Hamid & Liu, Lu & Oladi, Reza
- 306-310 Non-monetary incentives in online experiments
by Vinogradov, Dmitri & Shadrina, Elena
- 311-315 When do textbooks matter for achievement? Evidence from African primary schools
by Kuecken, Maria & Valfort, Marie-Anne
- 316-320 Quota bonuses with heterogeneous agents
by Bakó, Barna & Kálecz-Simon, András
- 321-324 Do banking crises cause terrorism?
by Gries, Thomas & Meierrieks, Daniel
- 325-327 ‘Nudging’ hotel guests to reduce food waste as a win–win environmental measure
by Kallbekken, Steffen & Sælen, Håkon
- 328-331 When can we do better than autarky?
by Tian, Guoqiang & Zhang, Yuzhe
- 332-335 Managerial optimism and post-financing stock performance in Taiwan: A comparison of debt and equity financing
by Wang, Chih-Yung & Chen, Yu-Fen & Yu, Chia-Wen
- 336-339 Investments in physical capital, relationship-specificity, and the property rights approach
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 340-343 World total factor productivity growth and the steady-state rate in the 20th century
by Breton, Theodore R.
- 344-347 How do powerful CEOs view corporate social responsibility (CSR)? An empirical note
by Jiraporn, P. & Chintrakarn, P.
- 348-350 The impact of female managers on the gender pay gap: Evidence from linked employer–employee data for Germany
by Hirsch, Boris
- 351-353 Would a Bagehot style corporate bond backstop have helped counter the Great Recession?
by Duca, John V. & Murphy, Anthony
- 354-357 Vacancies in supply chain networks
by Hatfield, John William & Kominers, Scott Duke
2013, Volume 119, Issue 2
- 109-112 Increasing marginal costs are strategically beneficial in forward trading
by Breitmoser, Yves
- 113-116 Over the borderline: How the characteristics of lines shape optimal tax policy
by Agrawal, David R.
- 117-119 Do financial advisor commissions distort client choice?
by Beyer, Max & de Meza, David & Reyniers, Diane
- 120-123 Fixed currency regimes and the time pattern of trade effects
by Dorn, Sabrina & Egger, Peter H.
- 124-127 The marginal propensity to consume and multidimensional risk
by Jouini, Elyès & Napp, Clotilde & Nocetti, Diego
- 128-132 Risk attitudes and Medicare Part D enrollment decisions
by Vetter, Stefan & Heiss, Florian & McFadden, Daniel & Winter, Joachim
- 133-135 The man of the house—How the use of household head characteristics may lead to omitted variable bias
by Kleinjans, Kristin J.
- 136-140 Implementation lag and the investment decision
by Sarkar, Sudipto & Zhang, Chuanqian
- 141-145 De-agriculturalization as a result of productivity growth in agriculture
by Üngör, Murat
- 146-149 Equilibria in unidirectional spatial models
by Xefteris, Dimitrios
- 150-153 An empirical investigation of the trade benefit function
by Wong, K.K. Gary
- 154-156 Immigrant–native wage gaps in time series: Complementarities or composition effects?
by Ruist, Joakim
- 157-161 The impact of immigrants on host country crime
by Dai, Tiantian & Liu, Xiangbo & Xie, Biancen
- 162-164 Optimal growth policy: The role of skill heterogeneity
by Grossmann, Volker & Steger, Thomas M.
- 165-167 Estimating the foreign circulation of banknotes
by Bartzsch, Nikolaus & Rösl, Gerhard & Seitz, Franz
- 168-171 Multivariate test for forecast rationality under asymmetric loss functions: Recent evidence from MMS survey of inflation–output forecasts
by Ulu, Yasemin
- 172-175 Time zone differences as trade barriers
by Egger, Peter H. & Larch, Mario
- 176-179 News shocks and inflation
by Jinnai, Ryo
- 180-182 An adaptive truncated product method for combining dependent p-values
by Sheng, Xuguang & Yang, Jingyun
- 183-185 Advertising competition in a mixed oligopoly
by Matsumura, Toshihiro & Sunada, Takeaki