2011, Volume 113, Issue 3
- 307-309 A simple impossibility result in behavioral contract theory
by Immordino, Giovanni & Menichini, Anna Maria C. & Romano, Maria Grazia
- 310-313 The case for multi-unit single-run descending-price auctions
by Martínez-Pardina, Irene & Romeu, Andrés
2011, Volume 113, Issue 2
- 99-102 The n-dimensional Bailey–Divisia measure as a general-equilibrium measure of the welfare costs of inflation
by Cysne, Rubens Penha
- 103-107 Endogenous growth, monetary shocks and nominal rigidities
by Annicchiarico, Barbara & Pelloni, Alessandra & Rossi, Lorenza
- 108-111 First-price sealed-bid auctions when bidders exhibit different attitudes toward risk
by Maréchal, François & Morand, Pierre-Henri
- 112-115 Parental education, labor market experience and earnings: New wine in an old bottle?
by Hudson, John & Sessions, John G.
- 116-119 Multiplicative habit formation and consumption: A note
by Corrado, Luisa & Holly, Sean
- 120-123 On strategic stability in discontinuous games
by Carbonell-Nicolau, Oriol
- 124-126 Discoveries of fakes: Their impact on the art market
by Bocart, Fabian & Oosterlinck, Kim
- 127-130 Is the WTO mystery really solved?
by Roy, Jayjit
- 131-134 “Wacky” patents meet economic indicators
by Czarnitzki, Dirk & Hussinger, Katrin & Schneider, Cédric
- 135-138 International debt shifting and multinational firms in developing economies
by Fuest, Clemens & Hebous, Shafik & Riedel, Nadine
- 139-142 The impact of ECB and FED announcements on the Euro interest rates
by Monticini, Andrea & Peel, David & Vaciago, Giacomo
- 143-146 Dynamics in transitory and permanent variation of wages in Germany
by Myck, Michal & Ochmann, Richard & Qari, Salmai
- 147-149 The impact of prudence on optimal prevention revisited
by Dionne, Georges & Li, Jingyuan
- 150-153 Can national infrastructure spending reduce local unemployment? Evidence from an Australian roads program
by Leigh, Andrew & Neill, Christine
- 154-156 Firm competition and incentive pay: Rent seeking at work
by Priks, Mikael
- 157-159 Testing the product test
by Brea, H. & Grifell-Tatjé, E. & Lovell, C.A.K.
- 160-164 Crime rates and labor market opportunities in the Philippines: 1970–2008
by Patalinghug, Epictetus E.
- 165-167 Empirical likelihood inference for partially linear panel data models with fixed effects
by Zhang, Junhua & Feng, Sanying & Li, Gaorong & Lian, Heng
- 168-171 Common stocks as a hedge against inflation: Evidence from century-long US data
by Kim, Jae H. & Ryoo, Heajin H.
- 172-175 A nonparametric test for path dependence in discrete panel data
by Kasy, Maximilian
- 176-179 Do FOMC members herd?
by Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Tillmann, Peter
- 180-182 Direct evidence of risk aversion as a source of advantageous selection in health insurance
by Schmitz, Hendrik
- 183-185 An alternative bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model using a copula
by So, Sunha & Lee, Dong-Hee & Jung, Byoung Cheol
- 186-188 The effects of capital income taxation on wage formation
by Dalin, Torbjörn & Stage, Jesper
- 189-191 Decomposing the international variation in capital per worker
by Mello, Marcelo
- 192-194 Housing wealth effect on consumption: Evidence from household level data
by Cho, Sungwon
- 195-198 Economic rents in franchising: Do they exist?
by López-Fernández, Begoña & López-Bayón, Susana
- 199-201 A robust test for multivariate normality
by Jönsson, Kristian
2011, Volume 113, Issue 1
- 1-4 The impact of the financial crisis on new firm registration
by Klapper, Leora & Love, Inessa
- 5-7 Bidding fever in eBay auctions of Amazon.com gift certificates
by Jones, Matthew T.
- 8-11 Optimal delegation implications of central bank transparency
by James, Jonathan G. & Lawler, Phillip
- 12-15 A simple method for estimating unconditional heterogeneity distributions in correlated random effects models
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 16-18 Forecasting with many predictors: Is boosting a viable alternative?
by Buchen, Teresa & Wohlrabe, Klaus
- 19-22 Selective immigration policies, migrants' education and welfare at origin
by Bertoli, Simone & Brücker, Herbert
- 23-25 Sharpness in randomly censored linear models
by Khan, Shakeeb & Ponomareva, Maria & Tamer, Elie
- 26-28 Uncertain spatial demand and price flexibility: A state space approach to duopoly
by Meagher, Kieron J. & Zauner, Klaus G.
- 29-31 How bidder's number affects optimal reserve price in first-price auctions under risk aversion
by Hu, Audrey
- 32-34 Tinbergen controllability and n-player LQ-games
by Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Acocella, Nicola
- 35-38 Do hard pegs avoid currency crises? An evaluation using matching estimators
by Esaka, Taro
- 39-41 Trembling-hand myopia and trembling-hand perfection
by Aliprantis, C.D. & Topolyan, I.
- 42-46 Hit and (they will) run: The impact of terrorism on migration
by Dreher, Axel & Krieger, Tim & Meierrieks, Daniel
- 47-49 Multilateral trade liberalisation, foreign direct investment and the volume of world trade
by Collie, David R.
- 50-53 Vertical integration and right of first refusal
by Cabral, Luís & Vasconcelos, Hélder
- 54-57 Public goods and optimal paternalism under present-biased preferences
by Aronsson, Thomas & Granlund, David
- 58-61 The application of nonparametric tests to poverty targeting
by Dewan, Isha & Somanathan, Rohini
- 62-64 A note on representativeness and household finance
by Dierkes, Maik & Klos, Alexander & Langer, Thomas
- 65-69 The shrinking endogeneity of optimum currency areas criteria: Evidence from the European Monetary Union--A beta regression approach
by Mendonça, António & Silvestre, João & Passos, José
- 70-72 Mumbling with great incoherence: Was it really so difficult to understand Alan Greenspan?
by Jansen, David-Jan
- 73-75 Ethnic networks and trade: Intensive versus extensive margins
by Coughlin, Cletus C. & Wall, Howard J.
- 76-79 A comparison of bias approximations for the two-stage least squares (2SLS) estimator
by Bun, Maurice J.G. & Windmeijer, Frank
- 80-83 Cross-bidding impact throughout the product life cycle
by Pages, Juan-Francisco & Mochon, Asuncion
- 84-87 Individual heterogeneity in returns to education in urban China during 1995-2002
by Zhu, Rong
- 88-91 The gender reservation wage gap: Evidence from British Panel data
by Brown, Sarah & Roberts, Jennifer & Taylor, Karl
- 92-95 Can consumption of convenience products reveal the opportunity cost of time?
by Phaneuf, Daniel J.
- 96-98 Exchange rate regime verification: An alternative method of testing for regime changes
by Ahmad, A.H. & Harvey, David I. & Pentecost, Eric J.
2011, Volume 112, Issue 3
- 223-225 A folk theorem for endogenous reference points
by Bernard, Mark
- 226-229 What distinguishes entrepreneurs? Evidence on the motives for self-employment
by Tyrowicz, Joanna
- 230-232 Decomposition of the effect of government size on growth
by Yamamura, Eiji
- 233-235 Lessons from studying a simple macroeconomic model for China
by Chow, Gregory C.
- 236-238 Symplectic geometry: The natural geometry of economics?
by Russell, Thomas
- 239-242 Overconfidence on public information
by Zhou, Deqing
- 243-246 Identification of parameters in an asymmetric perfect information game
by YIldIz, Nese
- 247-249 Ruling out unstable equilibria in New Keynesian models
by Minford, Patrick & Srinivasan, Naveen
- 250-253 Globalization's winners and losers--Evidence from life satisfaction data, 1975-2001
by Hessami, Zohal
- 254-255 Testing for Zipf's law: A common pitfall
by Urzúa, Carlos M.
- 256-258 Financial-sector shocks in a credit-view model
by Abrams, Burton A.
- 259-261 Parity dependence of a majority rule characterization on the Condorcet domain
by Merrill, Lauren Nicole
- 262-265 Does democracy foster financial development? An empirical analysis
by Yang, Benhua
- 266-269 Education cost, intergenerational mobility, and income inequality
by Nakamura, Tamotsu & Murayama, Yu
- 270-272 More stringent BITs, less ambiguous effects on FDI? Not a bit!
by Berger, Axel & Busse, Matthias & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Roy, Martin
- 273-276 Externality in labor supply and government spending
by Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume
- 277-279 Location and happiness in the United States
by Sander, William
- 280-282 Public randomization in the repeated prisoner's dilemma game with local interaction
by Cho, Myeonghwan
- 283-286 Distributional impacts of a local living wage increase with ability sorting
by Ahn, Tom
- 287-289 Aid effectiveness and the soft budget constraint: EU development aid to the former Soviet Union
by Grigoriadis, Theocharis N.
- 290-292 A direct test of hyperbolic discounting using market asset data
by Salois, Matthew J. & Moss, Charles B.
- 293-297 Test of random versus fixed effects with small within variation
by Hahn, Jinyong & Ham, John & Moon, Hyungsik Roger
2011, Volume 112, Issue 2
- 135-137 Untruthful dominant strategies for the deferred acceptance algorithm
by Kumano, Taro & Watabe, Masahiro
- 138-140 Consumption time in household production: Implications for the goods-time elasticity of substitution
by Baral, Ranju & Davis, George C. & You, Wen
- 141-143 Organization capital and firm performance. Empirical evidence for European firms
by Tronconi, Claudia & Vittucci Marzetti, Giuseppe
- 144-147 Barro-Gordon revisited: Reputational equilibria with inferential expectations
by Henckel, Timo & Menzies, Gordon D. & Prokhovnik, Nick & Zizzo, Daniel J.
- 148-150 On uniqueness of the conditional maximum likelihood estimation for a binary panel model
by Akashi, Kentaro
- 151-154 Is a skill intensity reversal a mere theoretical curiosum? Evidence from the US and Mexico
by Kurokawa, Yoshinori
- 155-157 The power to delay
by Li, Duozhe
- 158-160 "Girls will be Girls", especially among Boys: Risk-taking in the "Daily Double" on Jeopardy
by Lindquist, Gabriella Sjögren & Säve-Söderbergh, Jenny
- 161-164 Markov-switching models and the unit root hypothesis in real US GDP
by Camacho, Maximo
- 165-167 Implementation of individually rational social choice functions with guaranteed utilities
by Mealem, Yosef
- 168-170 Microfinance and competition for external funding
by Ghosh, Suman & Van Tassel, Eric
- 171-175 Poverty, political freedom, and the roots of terrorism in developing countries: An empirical assessment
by Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Younas, Javed
- 176-178 The benefits of voluntary leadership in experimental public goods games
by Rivas, M. Fernanda & Sutter, Matthias
- 179-181 Exchange rate policy under sovereign default risk
by Schabert, Andreas
- 182-185 The Endogenous Sequential Probit model: An application to the demand for hospital utilization
by Munkin, Murat K.
- 186-188 ECB repo rate setting during the financial crisis
by Gerlach, Stefan
- 189-191 On the dynamics of international inflation
by Caggiano, Giovanni & Castelnuovo, Efrem
- 192-194 Equilibrium of a sequence of auctions when bidders demand multiple items
by Liu, Qingmin
- 195-197 Terrorism risk concern in Europe
by Drakos, Konstantinos & Müller, Cathérine
- 198-201 Regime-switching factor models in which the number of factors defines the regime
by Cordis, Adriana S. & Kirby, Chris
- 202-204 Bertrand equilibrium with subadditive costs
by Dastidar, Krishnendu Ghosh
- 205-206 Cointegration, factor shares, and production function parameters
by Chirinko, Robert S. & Mallick, Debdulal
- 207-209 Parameter orthogonalization and Bayesian inference with many instruments
by Hahn, Jinyong & Hansen, Karsten
- 210-212 Who benefits from bilateral information exchange in a retail channel?
by Dukes, Anthony & Gal-Or, Esther & Geylani, Tansev
- 213-215 Search costs and corporate income tax competition
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 216-219 Multiple equilibria in Tullock contests
by Chowdhury, Subhasish M. & Sheremeta, Roman M.
- 220-222 Further simulation evidence on the performance of the Poisson pseudo-maximum likelihood estimator
by Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Tenreyro, Silvana
2011, Volume 112, Issue 1
- 1-2 Crowding-out effect of the current food stamp subsidy scheme
by Zhang, Yi
- 3-6 Asymmetric access pricing in the Internet backbone market
by López, Ángel Luis
- 7-10 Determinacy, stock market dynamics and monetary policy inertia
by Pfajfar, Damjan & Santoro, Emiliano
- 11-15 The spectral representation of Markov switching ARMA models
by Pataracchia, Beatrice
- 16-18 Simultaneous versus sequential information processing
by Hoffman, Ross M. & Kagel, John H. & Levin, Dan
- 19-22 Testing the unit root hypothesis against TAR nonlinearity using STAR-based tests
by Sollis, Robert
- 23-25 Financial frictions and the K/L ratio in UK manufacturing
by Spaliara, Marina-Eliza
- 26-30 Nominal uncertainty and inflation: The role of European Union membership
by Neanidis, Kyriakos C. & Savva, Christos S.
- 31-33 Casinos and campus crime
by Hyclak, Thomas
- 34-37 Probabilistic risk aversion with an arbitrary outcome set
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 38-41 Risk aversion in auctions with asymmetrically informed bidders: A "desensitizer" from uncertainty
by Muñoz-García, Félix & Orozco-Alemán, Sandra
- 42-44 A credit market in early stages of economic development
by Nakamura, Hideki & Nakajima, Tetsuya
- 45-48 Welfare effects of subsidizing higher education when access and quality are endogenous
by Fethke, Gary
- 49-52 Asymptotically unbiased estimation of autocovariances and autocorrelations for panel data with incidental trends
by Okui, Ryo
- 53-55 An asymptotic variance inequality for instrumental variable estimators signaling proportional bias increases
by Kim, Yun-Yeong
- 56-59 Further evidence regarding nonlinear trend reversion of real GDP and the CPI
by Shelley, Gary L. & Wallace, Frederick H.
- 60-62 De facto financial openness and capital mobility
by Younas, Javed
- 63-66 Why do people place lower weight on advice far from their own initial opinion?
by Ravazzolo, Francesco & Røisland, Øistein
- 67-70 Best-of-three all-pay auctions
by Sela, Aner
- 71-74 Reflections on the failure of the Taylor principle under commitment
by Barnea, Emanuel & Liviatan, Nissan
- 75-78 On the role of social wage comparisons in gift-exchange experiments
by Siang, Ch'ng Kean & Requate, Till & Waichman, Israel
- 79-81 Semiparametric binary random effects models: Estimating two types of drinking behavior
by Dong, Yingying
- 82-84 Ranking of signals in multitask agency models
by Xie, Jia
- 85-87 Intergenerational transmission of preferences
by Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D.
- 88-90 Observed inflation forecasts and the new Keynesian macro model
by Kortelainen, Mika & Paloviita, Maritta & Viren, Matti
- 91-93 Are there pre-programme effects of active placement efforts? Evidence from a social experiment
by Hägglund, Pathric
- 94-96 The nonlinear impact of currency unions on bilateral trade
by Katayama, Hajime & Melatos, Mark
- 97-99 R&D subsidies and the performance of high-tech start-ups
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca & Murtinu, Samuele
- 100-102 On the efficiency of participation with vertically differentiated workers
by Gavrel, Frédéric
- 103-106 Endogenous monetary commitment
by Libich, Jan & Stehlík, Petr
- 107-112 Bayesian estimation of the output gap for a small open economy: The case of Canada
by Berger, Tino & Kempa, Bernd
- 113-115 Is there dynamic adverse selection in the life insurance market?
by He, Daifeng
- 116-118 The non-linear effects of life expectancy on economic growth
by Desbordes, Rodolphe
- 119-121 Public health spending, tax reform, and long-run growth
by Tobing, Elwin
- 122-124 Opportunity costs in buying and short selling--Do they really matter?
by Shavit, Tal & Rosenboim, Mosi & Malul, Miki
- 125-127 Price premiums for journal quality and journal governance: Evidence from economics journals
by Zheng, Yuqing & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 128-131 The role of private information in dynamic matching and bargaining: Can it be good for efficiency?
by Shneyerov, Artyom & Wong, Adam Chi Leung
- 132-134 Trading imbalances and the law of one price
by Seasholes, Mark S. & Liu, Clark
2011, Volume 111, Issue 3
- 185-187 The first-order approach in rank-order tournaments
by Gürtler, Oliver
- 188-190 Determinants of successful regional trade agreements
by Vicard, Vincent
- 191-193 Fiscal decentralization and government quality in the OECD
by Kyriacou, Andreas P. & Roca-Sagalés, Oriol
- 194-196 Do resource dependent regions grow slower than they should?
by James, Alexander G. & James, Robert G.
- 197-199 Least squares estimation of a panel data model with multifactor error structure and endogenous covariates
by Harding, Matthew & Lamarche, Carlos
- 200-202 What does it mean to find the face of the franchise? Physical attractiveness and the evaluation of athletic performance
by Berri, David J. & Simmons, Rob & Van Gilder, Jennifer & O'Neill, Lisle
- 203-206 Unemployment and labor force participation in the United States
by Emerson, Jamie
- 207-209 Inflation in South Africa. A long memory approach
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 210-212 Will the consumption externalities' effects in the Ramsey model please stand up?
by Wendner, Ronald
- 213-216 Preference shifts between consumption goods and sectoral changes
by Addessi, William & Busato, Francesco
- 217-219 Endowment effects in contests
by Price, Curtis R. & Sheremeta, Roman M.
- 220-222 Inflation and central bank independence: Two-way causality?
by Brumm, Harold J.
- 223-225 Does government decentralization reduce domestic terror? An empirical test
by Dreher, Axel & Fischer, Justina A.V.
- 226-229 The intergenerational transmission of maternal human capital and the gender gap in educational attainment
by Dussaillant, Francisca
- 230-232 Procyclical government spending: Patterns of pressure and prudence in the OECD
by Abbott, Andrew & Jones, Philip
- 233-235 The Cournot-Bertrand model and the degree of product differentiation
by Tremblay, Carol Horton & Tremblay, Victor J.
- 236-238 Wage transparency and performance: A real-effort experiment
by Greiner, Ben & Ockenfels, Axel & Werner, Peter
- 239-242 Can experimental measures of sensitivity to social pressure predict public good contribution?
by Zizzo, Daniel John & Fleming, Piers
- 243-246 On the asymptotic uniqueness of bargaining equilibria
by Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski, Arkadi
- 247-248 Destructing the hold-up
by Ng, Travis
- 249-251 Pursuing the wrong options? Adjustment costs and the relationship between uncertainty and capital accumulation
by Bond, Stephen R. & Söderbom, Måns & Wu, Guiying
- 252-255 Foreign exchange market intervention and reserve accumulation in emerging Asia: Is there evidence of fear of appreciation?
by Pontines, Victor & Rajan, Ramkishen S.
- 256-259 A note on free entry under uncertainty: The role of asymmetric information
by Piccolo, Salvatore
- 260-263 Stochastic convergence of the catch-up rate and multiple structural breaks in Asian countries
by Evans, Paul & Kim, Ji Uk
- 264-267 Interacting nominal and real labour market rigidities
by Vogel, Lukas
- 268-271 The unemployment effect of exchange rate volatility in industrial countries
by Feldmann, Horst
- 272-274 A signaling approach to soft budgets
by Saljanin, Salem
2011, Volume 111, Issue 2
- 105-109 Market timing: Recent development and a new test
by Chou, Cheng & Chu, Chia-Shang J.
- 110-112 Is food consumption a good proxy for nondurable consumption?
by Bonaparte, Yosef & Fabozzi, Frank J.
- 113-115 Let me sleep on it: Delay reduces rejection rates in ultimatum games
by Grimm, Veronika & Mengel, Friederike
- 116-118 U.S. consumer demand for prize-linked savings: New evidence on a new product
by Tufano, Peter & De Neve, Jan-Emmanuel & Maynard, Nick
- 119-121 Unilateral effects of mergers with general linear demand
by Hausman, Jerry & Moresi, Serge & Rainey, Mark
- 122-124 An experimental investigation of entry cost effects in sealed-bid dollar auctions
by Chakravarty, Surajeet & Ghosh, Sudeep
- 125-126 A note on undominated Bertrand equilibria
by Kartik, Navin
- 127-130 Consumption habits in an overlapping-generations model
by Velculescu, Delia
- 131-134 Nonparametric lag selection for nonlinear additive autoregressive models
by Guo, Zheng-Feng & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 135-137 Instrumental variable estimation of a spatial autoregressive panel model with random effects
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Liu, Long
- 138-140 Business cycle and corruption
by Gokcekus, Omer & Suzuki, Yui
- 141-143 Spurious regression: A higher-order problem
by Sollis, Robert
- 144-146 On the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibria in two person discrete games
by Mallick, Indrajit
- 147-150 Pirates and traders: Some economics of pirate-infested seas
by Guha, Brishti & Guha, Ashok S.
- 151-154 Parallel axiomatizations of majority and unanimity
by Quesada, Antonio
- 155-157 When are voluntary pensions indifferent?
by Simonovits, András
- 158-160 Asymmetric capacity constraints and equilibrium price dispersion
by Arnold, Michael A. & Saliba, Christine
- 161-165 Does government ideology affect personal happiness? A test
by Dreher, Axel & Öhler, Hannes
- 166-169 Charity auctions with multiple goods: Bidding behavior and revenue
by Groves, Vivienne
- 170-172 How useful is yet another data-driven bandwidth in long-run variance estimation?: A simulation study on cointegrating regressions
by Hirukawa, Masayuki
- 173-175 Substitution effects across charitable donations
by Cairns, Jason & Slonim, Robert
- 176-179 A cautionary note on computing conditional from unconditional correlations
by Kaiser, Jonas & Krämer, Walter
- 180-183 The Paretian Ratio Distribution -- An application to the volatility of GDP
by Manas, Arnaud
2011, Volume 111, Issue 1
- 1-5 Technological diffusion and asset prices
by Ghossoub, Edgar A. & Beladi, Hamid
- 6-9 How to measure patent thickets--A novel approach
by von Graevenitz, Georg & Wagner, Stefan & Harhoff, Dietmar
- 10-12 The condition of the Turking class: Are online employers fair and honest?
by Horton, John J.
- 13-15 Unpriced quality
by Courty, Pascal
- 16-19 Earnings losses of displaced workers and the business cycle: An analysis with administrative data
by Couch, Kenneth A. & Jolly, Nicholas A. & Placzek, Dana W.
- 20-22 A model of repeat advertising
by Sahuguet, Nicolas