2014, Volume 122, Issue 1
- 36-39 Bayesian endogeneity bias modeling
by Montes-Rojas, Gabriel & Galvao, Antonio F.
- 40-43 The human capital of black soldiers during the American Civil War
by Sohn, Kitae
- 44-49 Social capital and political institutions: Evidence that democracy fosters trust
by Ljunge, Martin
- 50-54 Gender- and frame-specific audience effects in dictator games
by Alevy, Jonathan E. & Jeffries, Francis L. & Lu, Yonggang
- 55-58 Cheating to win: Dishonesty and the intensity of competition
by Cartwright, Edward & Menezes, Matheus L.C.
- 59-63 Violating the Monotonicity condition for instrumental variable—Dimorphic patterns of gene–behavior association
by Fang, Muriel Zheng
- 64-68 Asymptotic behaviour of tests for a unit root against an explosive alternative
by Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J.
- 69-73 VaR-implied tail-correlation matrices
by Mittnik, Stefan
- 74-78 Nowcasting causality in mixed frequency vector autoregressive models
by Götz, Thomas B. & Hecq, Alain
- 79-83 Domestic and international research joint ventures: The effect of collusion
by Flores-Fillol, Ricardo & Ibañez-Zarate, Guiomar & Theilen, Bernd
- 84-88 Discretion vs. timeless perspective under model-consistent stabilization objectives
by Petrella, Ivan & Rossi, Raffaele & Santoro, Emiliano
- 89-93 The mover’s advantage: The superior performance of migrant scientists
by Franzoni, Chiara & Scellato, Giuseppe & Stephan, Paula
- 94-99 Competition in the traditional sector does not matter for the ‘Core–Periphery’ model
by Behrens, Kristian & Kichko, Sergey & Zhelobodko, Evgeny
- 100-103 About time: Daylight Saving Time transition and individual well-being
by Kountouris, Yiannis & Remoundou, Kyriaki
2013, Volume 121, Issue 3
- 341-345 The computational complexity of random serial dictatorship
by Aziz, Haris & Brandt, Felix & Brill, Markus
- 346-355 High yield spreads, real economic activity, and the financial accelerator
by De Pace, Pierangelo & Weber, Kyle D.
- 356-359 On the welfare equivalence of asset markets and banking in Diamond Dybvig economies
by Zimper, Alexander
- 360-363 Model averaging with covariates that are missing completely at random
by Zhang, Xinyu
- 364-368 Do previous good deeds to a third party make people more tolerant of bad deeds against them? An experimental investigation
by Ndodjang, P. & Grolleau, G. & Ibanez, L.
- 369-373 Mixed-frequency VAR models with Markov-switching dynamics
by Camacho, Maximo
- 374-378 Testing slope homogeneity in large panels with serial correlation
by Blomquist, Johan & Westerlund, Joakim
- 379-383 A CUSUM test for a long memory heterogeneous autoregressive model
by Hwang, Eunju & Shin, Dong Wan
- 384-389 Modelling the fiscal reaction functions of the GIPS based on state-varying thresholds
by Legrenzi, Gabriella & Milas, Costas
- 390-394 Shotgun mechanisms for common-value partnerships: The unassigned-offeror problem
by Landeo, Claudia M. & Spier, Kathryn E.
- 395-399 Elderly labor supply and fertility decisions in aging-population economies
by Mizuno, Masakatsu & Yakita, Akira
- 400-404 Can you trust the good guys? Trust within and between groups with different missions
by Fehrler, Sebastian & Kosfeld, Michael
- 405-410 Institutions and financial dollarization: Indirect effects based on a policy experiment
by Neanidis, Kyriakos C. & Savva, Christos S.
- 411-416 Taxation and the asymmetric adjustment of selected retail energy prices in the UK
by Greenwood-Nimmo, Matthew & Shin, Yongcheol
- 417-420 Skill upgrading and exports
by Accetturo, Antonio & Bugamelli, Matteo & Lamorgese, Andrea R.
- 421-424 Does context promote higher-level thinking in the beauty contest?
by Luccasen, R. Andrew
- 425-427 Personal characteristics and lying: An experimental investigation
by Childs, Jason
- 428-431 Equivalence and axiomatization of solutions for cooperative games with circular communication structure
by Selçuk, Özer & Suzuki, Takamasa & Talman, Dolf
- 432-435 The functional central limit theorem for ARMA–GARCH processes
by Lee, O.
- 436-439 Collateral constraints and rental markets
by d’Albis, Hippolyte & Iliopulos, Eleni
- 440-443 On second order conditions for equality constrained extremum problems
by Mandy, David M.
- 444-448 How does employment protection legislation influence hiring and firing decisions by the smallest firms?
by Millán, Ana & Millán, José María & Román, Concepción & van Stel, André
- 449-453 Financial distress and use of mental health care: Evidence from antidepressant prescription claims
by Lin, Haizhen & Ketcham, Jonathan D. & Rosenquist, James N. & Simon, Kosali I.
- 454-457 Analysis of non-stationary dynamics in the financial system
by Guharay, Samar K. & Thakur, Gaurav S. & Goodman, Fred J. & Rosen, Scott L. & Houser, Daniel
- 458-462 New facts on infidelity
by Adamopoulou, Effrosyni
- 463-467 Asymmetric information may protect the commons: The welfare benefits of uninformed regulators
by Espínola-Arredondo, Ana & Muñoz-García, Félix
- 469-472 Credit limits and bankruptcy
by Mateos-Planas, Xavier
- 473-477 Fair wages survive multiple sources of income inequality
by Gose, Karina
- 478-481 Financial openness, market structure and private credit: An empirical investigation
by Fischer, Ronald & Valenzuela, Patricio
- 482-486 Choosing price or quantity? The role of delegation and network externalities
by Chirco, Alessandra & Scrimitore, Marcella
- 487-491 Persuasion and learning by countersignaling
by Chung, Kim-Sau & Eső, Péter
- 492-494 Hypothesis testing for arbitrary bounds
by Penney, Jeffrey
- 495-498 Non-linear budgetary policies: Evidence from 150 years of Italian public finance
by Piergallini, Alessandro & Postigliola, Michele
- 499-503 Greediness and equilibrium in congestion games
by Kuniavsky, Sergey & Smorodinsky, Rann
- 504-507 Nonlinear effects of government debt on private consumption: Evidence from OECD countries
by Cho, Dooyeon & Rhee, Dong-Eun
- 508-510 An extension of the home-attachment criteria under dynamic tax competition
by Han, Yutao & Pieretti, Patrice & Zou, Benteng
- 511-515 Stock exchange mergers and return co-movement: A flexible dynamic component correlations model
by Hellström, Jörgen & Liu, Yuna & Sjögren, Tomas
- 516-519 Do large recessions reduce output permanently?
by Hosseinkouchack, Mehdi & Wolters, Maik H.
- 520-523 Firm taxation and the endogenous distribution of markups
by Dalton, John T. & Goksel, Turkmen
- 524-527 The long-run causal relationship between transport energy consumption and GDP: Evidence from heterogeneous panel methods robust to cross-sectional dependence
by Liddle, Brantley & Lung, Sidney
- 528-532 Fiscal decentralization, fiscal rules and fiscal discipline
by Neyapti, Bilin
- 533-536 Public procurement in times of crisis: The bundling decision reconsidered
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 537-541 Permanent versus transitory wage differentials and the inequality-hours hypothesis
by Gustavsson, Magnus
- 542-545 The disappearing gay income penalty
by Clarke, Geoffrey & Sevak, Purvi
- 546-549 Testing the predictive power of the term structure without data snooping bias
by Kao, Yi-Cheng & Kuan, Chung-Ming & Chen, Shikuan
- 550-554 The role of interviewer encounters in panel responses on life satisfaction
by Chadi, Adrian
- 555-557 A systematic analysis of the links amongst the Marshallian, Hicksian, and Frischian demand functions: A note
by Sproule, Robert
2013, Volume 121, Issue 2
- 143-147 Environmental regulation of technically inefficient firms
by Wichmann, Bruno
- 148-151 Quality cut-offs in procurement auctions
by Goswami, Mridu Prabal
- 152-155 Convergence in US house prices
by Montañés, A. & Olmos, L.
- 156-159 The effect of the financial crisis on the retirement plans of older workers in England
by Crawford, Rowena
- 160-162 Public goods in directed networks
by López-Pintado, Dunia
- 163-166 Can you trust survey responses? Evidence using objective health measures
by Suziedelyte, Agne & Johar, Meliyanni
- 167-169 A new way to assess banking competition
by Tabacco, Giovanni Alberto
- 170-173 Effects of explicit FOMC policy rate guidance on interest rate expectations
by Moessner, Richhild
- 174-178 VaR constrained asset pricing with relative performance
by Liu, Xiangbo & Qiu, Zhigang & Xiong, Yan
- 179-182 Do exporters pay fair-wage premiums?
by Hauptmann, Andreas & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg
- 183-187 Has the Lucas Paradox been fully explained?
by Azémar, Céline & Desbordes, Rodolphe
- 188-191 Have Federal Reserve MBS purchases affected market functioning?
by Kandrac, John
- 192-197 Estimation of social preferences in generalized dictator games
by Breitmoser, Yves
- 198-201 Evolutionary justifications for non-Bayesian beliefs
by Zhang, Hanzhe
- 202-205 A note on reciprocity and modified dictator games
by Heinrich, Timo & Weimann, Joachim
- 206-209 Notes on supermodularity and increasing differences in expected utility
by Francetich, Alejandro
- 210-213 Production hierarchies in Sweden
by Tåg, Joacim
- 214-217 Giving and sorting among friends: Evidence from a lab-in-the-field experiment
by Binzel, Christine & Fehr, Dietmar
- 218-220 Spectral density of Markov-switching VARMA models
by Cavicchioli, Maddalena
- 221-223 Spurious persistence in stochastic volatility
by Messow, Philip & Krämer, Walter
- 224-227 Asymmetric Nash bargaining solutions and competitive payoffs
by Brangewitz, Sonja & Gamp, Jan-Philip
- 228-231 Investment decisions under hidden competition
by Pereira, Paulo J. & Armada, Manuel Rocha
- 232-235 Internet and the efficiency of decentralized markets: Evidence from automobiles
by Rapson, David & Schiraldi, Pasquale
- 236-238 Accepting zero in the ultimatum game does not reflect selfish preferences
by Staffiero, Gianandrea & Exadaktylos, Filippos & Espín, Antonio M.
- 239-243 Characterizing very high uncertainty episodes
by Bijsterbosch, Martin & Guérin, Pierre
- 244-246 International trade and wage inequality: A non-monotonic relationship
by Liu, Dan
- 247-251 Reconciling narrative monetary policy disturbances with structural VAR model shocks?
by Kliem, Martin & Kriwoluzky, Alexander
- 252-256 A note on almost stochastic dominance
by Guo, Xu & Zhu, Xuehu & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing
- 257-262 Using an asset index to simulate household income
by Harttgen, Kenneth & Vollmer, Sebastian
- 263-266 Public employment and earnings inequality: An analysis based on conditional and unconditional quantile regressions
by Fournier, Jean-Marc & Koske, Isabell
- 267-270 Forecasting regional GDP with factor models: How useful are national and international data?
by Kopoin, Alexandre & Moran, Kevin & Paré, Jean-Pierre
- 271-274 On the characteristic function for asymmetric Student t distributions
by Nadarajah, Saralees & Chan, Stephen & Afuecheta, Emmanuel
- 275-281 The effect of an agent’s expertise on National Football League contract structure
by Conlin, Michael & Orsini, Joe & Tang, Meng-Chi
- 282-286 Cross-border equity portfolio choices and the diversification motive: A fractional regression approach
by Pericoli, F.M. & Pierucci, E. & Ventura, L.
- 287-289 Who pays for obesity? Evidence from health insurance benefit mandates
by Bailey, James
- 290-293 Do risk lovers invest in self-protection?
by Jindapon, Paan
- 294-297 On the impulse in impulse learning
by Ding, Jieyao & Nicklisch, Andreas
- 298-301 Marginal effects of a bivariate binary choice model
by Hasebe, Takuya
- 302-305 Can double deflation explain the ICT growth miracle?
by Edquist, Harald
- 306-310 Delay aversion under a general class of preferences
by Mutlu, Gulseren
- 311-315 The “probability of recession”: Evaluating probabilistic and non-probabilistic forecasts from probit models of U.S. recessions
by Ratcliff, Ryan
- 316-320 Timing of investments and third degree price discrimination in intermediate good markets
by Li, Youping
- 321-325 A strict ex-post incentive compatible mechanism for interdependent valuations
by Nath, Swaprava & Zoeter, Onno
- 326-329 An alternative interpretation of random noise in rank-order tournaments
by Barbos, Andrei
- 330-335 Flow effects of large-scale asset purchases
by Kandrac, John & Schlusche, Bernd
- 336-339 A specification test for discrete choice models
by Chicu, Mark & Masten, Matthew A.
2013, Volume 121, Issue 1
- 1-3 How have inflation-targeting central banks responded to supply shocks?
by Tachibana, Minoru
- 4-7 Contest design and heterogeneity
by Stracke, Rudi
- 8-11 Alternative unit root testing strategies using the Fourier approximation
by Su, Jen-Je & Nguyen, Jeremy K.
- 12-14 Incentive compatibility in non-quasilinear environments
by Kos, Nenad & Messner, Matthias
- 15-18 Happiness in the arts—International evidence on artists’ job satisfaction
by Bille, Trine & Fjællegaard, Cecilie Bryld & Frey, Bruno S. & Steiner, Lasse
- 19-22 Perpetual learning and stock return predictability
by Zhu, Xiaoneng
- 23-25 Art market inefficiency
by David, Géraldine & Oosterlinck, Kim & Szafarz, Ariane
- 26-29 The struggle to survive in the R&D sector: Implications for innovation and growth
by Furukawa, Yuichi
- 30-34 Time inconsistency and retirement planning
by Caliendo, Frank N. & Findley, T. Scott
- 35-38 Task assignment under agent loss aversion
by Daido, Kohei & Morita, Kimiyuki & Murooka, Takeshi & Ogawa, Hiromasa
- 39-42 Economic policy uncertainty in the US: Does it matter for the Euro area?
by Colombo, Valentina
- 43-47 Credit constraints, inequality and the growth gains from trade
by Caselli, Mauro
- 48-52 A note on the life-cycle search and matching model with segmented labor markets
by Fujimoto, Junichi
- 53-58 The effects of birth weight: Does fetal origin really matter for long-run outcomes?
by Nakamuro, Makiko & Uzuki, Yuka & Inui, Tomohiko
- 59-63 Locally adjusted LM test for spatial dependence in fixed effects panel data models
by He, Ming & Lin, Kuan-Pin
- 64-69 Power monotonicity in detecting volatility levels change
by Xu, Ke-Li
- 70-73 Impact of Italian smoking ban on business activity of restaurants, cafés and bars
by Pieroni, L. & Daddi, P. & Salmasi, L.
- 74-78 Partial identification in binary response models with nonignorable nonresponses
by Hoshino, Tadao
- 79-81 Efficient estimation of partially linear varying coefficient models
by Long, Wei & Ouyang, Min & Shang, Ying
- 82-84 Multimarket contact and export entry
by Feinberg, Robert M.
- 85-89 A test of stability in a linear altruism model
by Ioannou, Christos A. & Qi, Shi & Rustichini, Aldo
- 90-97 The social cost of carbon emissions: Seven propositions
by Foley, Duncan K. & Rezai, Armon & Taylor, Lance
- 98-100 Social interaction and economic organization: Toward an integrative microeconomic model
by Callois, Jean-Marc
- 101-104 Habit formation and strategic interactions: A new gain from trade?
by Vatan, Antoine
- 105-109 Disinflationary booms?
by Merkl, Christian
- 110-114 Tax morale and tax evasion reports
by Russo, Francesco Flaviano
- 115-120 eBay’s anatomy
by Lendle, Andreas & Olarrega, Marcelo & Schropp, Simon & Vézina, Pierre-Louis
- 121-123 A mechanism for eliciting the mean and quantiles of a random variable
by Demuynck, Thomas
- 124-127 How economic rewards affect cooperation reconsidered
by Kagel, John H. & Schley, Dan R.
- 128-132 Political expenditure cycles and election outcomes: Evidence from disaggregation of public expenditures by economic functions
by Enkelmann, Sören & Leibrecht, Markus
- 133-136 Why are crude oil prices high when global activity is weak?
by Ratti, Ronald A. & Vespignani, Joaquin L.
- 137-140 Paying not to sell
by Bacchiega, Emanuele & Bonroy, Olivier & Mabrouk, Rania
2013, Volume 120, Issue 3
- 359-363 Political costs and fiscal benefits: The political economy of residential property value assessment under Proposition 212
by Makowsky, Michael & Sanders, Shane
- 364-368 Combining the endogenous choice of price/quantity and timing
by Sun, Chia-Hung
- 369-373 Estimation of parametric homogeneous stochastic volatility pricing formulae based on option data
by Xu, Zheng
- 374-378 A case for maximum wage
by Blumkin, Tomer & Sadka, Efraim & Shem-Tov, Yotam
- 379-383 Price discrimination or uniform pricing: Which colludes more?
by Horstmann, Niklas & Krämer, Jan
- 384-388 Optimal learning of a set: Or how to edit a journal if you must
by Cripps, Martin W.
- 389-391 A simple test for the ignorability of non-compliance in experiments
by Huber, Martin
- 392-396 Monetary accommodation, imperfect central bank transparency and optimal delegation
by Sánchez, Marcelo
- 397-400 Cheap talk with an exit option: The case of discrete action space
by Shimizu, Takashi
- 401-404 Eductive learning and the rationalizability of oligopoly games
by Gaballo, Gaetano
- 405-407 Global extreme poverty rates for children, adults and the elderly
by Batana, Yélé & Bussolo, Maurizio & Cockburn, John
- 408-412 Heterogeneous treatment effects in groups
by Riener, Gerhard & Wiederhold, Simon
- 413-415 Born to be wide? Exploring correlations in mother and adolescent body mass index
by Brown, Heather & Roberts, Jennifer
- 416-418 Using the downside mean-semideviation for measuring vulnerability to poverty
by Gallardo, Mauricio
- 419-423 Competition lessens competition
by Godoy, Sara & Morales, Antonio J. & Rodero, Javier
- 424-428 A note on bounding average treatment effects
by Lafférs, Lukáš
- 429-432 The expectation-based loss-averse newsvendor
by Herweg, Fabian
- 433-436 The granular hypothesis in EU country exports
by del Rosal, Ignacio
- 437-441 On a general class of long run variance estimators
by Zhang, Xianyang & Shao, Xiaofeng
- 442-446 Can geography lock a society in stagnation?
by Dao, Nguyen Thang & Dávila, Julio
- 447-449 The poverty-assistance paradox
by Janky, Béla & Varga, Dániel
- 450-453 Growth spillover through trade: A spatial dynamic panel data approach
by Ho, Chun-Yu & Wang, Wei & Yu, Jihai
- 454-457 Informality, financial development and macroeconomic volatility
by Mitra, Shalini
- 458-463 Economic interactions and social tolerance: A dynamic perspective
by Cerqueti, Roy & Correani, Luca & Garofalo, Giuseppe
- 464-467 Credence goods, experts and risk aversion
by Bonroy, Olivier & Lemarié, Stéphane & Tropéano, Jean-Philippe
- 468-472 The Great Recession and the inflation puzzle
by Matheson, Troy & Stavrev, Emil
- 473-476 Value learning and the willingness to accept–willingness to pay disparity
by Kingsley, David C. & Brown, Thomas C.
- 477-480 Factor income taxation and growth with increasing integration of world capital markets
by Ho, Wai-Hong & Yang, C.C.
- 481-486 Export growth and firm survival
by Emami Namini, Julian & Facchini, Giovanni & López, Ricardo A.
- 487-490 The impact of training duration on employment outcomes: Evidence from LATE estimates
by Kluve, Jochen & Rinne, Ulf & Uhlendorff, Arne & Zhao, Zhong
- 491-494 An alternative approach to the modelling of interest rate pass through and asymmetric adjustment
by Valadkhani, Abbas & Bollen, Bernard
- 495-498 A solution to the weak instrument bias in 2SLS estimation: Indirect inference with stochastic approximation
by Arel-Bundock, Vincent
- 499-502 Technology licensing and innovation
by Mukherjee, Arijit & Mukherjee, Soma
- 503-508 Monopoly extraction of a nonrenewable resource facing capacity constrained renewable competition
by Wang, Min & Zhao, Jinhua
- 509-512 Competition, timing of entry and welfare in a preemption game
by Argenziano, Rossella & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp
- 513-515 Capital mobility and global factor shocks
by Costantini, Mauro & Gutierrez, Luciano
- 516-520 Popular protest and political budget cycles: A panel data analysis
by Klomp, Jeroen & de Haan, Jakob
- 521-524 When are GDP forecasts updated? Evidence from a large international panel
by Dovern, Jonas
- 525-527 Common-value contests with asymmetric information
by Wärneryd, Karl
- 528-531 Cyclical dynamics in idiosyncratic labor-market risks: Evidence from March CPS 1968–2011
by Zhao, Bo
- 532-536 Inconsistency of 2SLS estimators in threshold regression with endogeneity
by Yu, Ping
- 537-541 Monetary policy, stock prices, and consumption externalities
by Airaudo, Marco
- 542-545 Level-k reasoning and time pressure in the 11–20 money request game
by Lindner, Florian & Sutter, Matthias
- 546-551 A conditional demand approach to the Alchian–Allen effect
by Minagawa, Junichi & Upmann, Thorsten
- 552-558 Optimal climate policy: Uncertainty versus Monte Carlo
by Crost, Benjamin & Traeger, Christian P.
- 559-561 Unfolding the mystery of false-name-proofness
by Bu, Nanyang
- 562-565 Hypothetical bias in value orientations ring games
by Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Mestelman, Stuart
- 566-569 Computing the risky steady state of DSGE models
by de Groot, Oliver
- 570-572 Radner’s cost–benefit analysis in the small: An equivalence result
by Schlee, Edward E.
- 573-578 SME’s registration: Evidence from an RCT in Bangladesh
by De Giorgi, Giacomo & Rahman, Aminur
- 579-582 Most-favored-customer pricing, product variety, and welfare
by Granero, Lluís M.
- 583-587 Class-size effects in Japanese schools: A spline regression approach
by Hojo, Masakazu
- 588-591 Cycles with undistinguished actions and extended Rock–Paper–Scissors games
by Bahel, Eric & Haller, Hans
- 592-595 Semiparametric selection of seasonal cointegrating ranks using information criteria
by Seong, Byeongchan
- 596-598 Negative certainty independence without betweenness
by Dillenberger, David & Erol, Selman
- 599-602 A note on input congestion
by Rødseth, Kenneth Løvold
- 603-605 Labour union, entry and consumer welfare
by Mukherjee, Arijit & Wang, Leonard F.S.
2013, Volume 120, Issue 2
- 139-141 Data revisions and periodic properties of macroeconomic data
by Franses, Philip Hans
- 142-145 Validating an ultra-short survey measure of patience
by Vischer, Thomas & Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Schupp, Jürgen & Sunde, Uwe & Wagner, Gert G.
- 146-148 On existence of moment of mean reversion estimator in linear diffusion models
by Bao, Yong & Ullah, Aman & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria
- 149-154 Fighting corruption: To precommit or not?
by Ngendakuriyo, Fabien & Zaccour, Georges