2012, Volume 117, Issue 2
- 509-512 Government ownership of banks, job creation opportunities and employment growth
by Gur, Nurullah
- 513-516 Forecasting the yield curve for the Euro region
by Tabak, B.M. & Sollaci, A.B. & Gomes, G.M. & Cajueiro, D.O.
- 517-520 Salience, risky choices and gender
by Booth, Alison & Nolen, Patrick
- 521-524 How regulation affects network and service quality in related markets
by Haucap, Justus & Klein, Gordon J.
- 525-527 Optimal beliefs in the long run: An overlapping generations perspective
by Yuan, Yue
- 528-532 MIDAS volatility forecast performance under market stress: Evidence from emerging stock markets
by Emre Alper, C. & Fendoglu, Salih & Saltoglu, Burak
2012, Volume 117, Issue 1
- 1-3 Firm productivity and the number of FDI destinations: Evidence from a non-parametric test
by Tanaka, Ayumu
- 4-6 Yardstick competition, fiscal disparities, and equalization
by Allers, Maarten A.
- 7-9 Survival of contractors with previous subcontracting experience
by De Silva, Dakshina G. & Kosmopoulou, Georgia & Lamarche, Carlos
- 10-13 A simple nonstationary-volatility robust panel unit root test
by Demetrescu, Matei & Hanck, Christoph
- 14-17 Urbanization, human capital, and cross-country productivity differences
by Kumar, Alok & Kober, Brianne
- 18-20 Technology differences in empirical studies of international trade
by Gundlach, Erich & de Vaal, Albert
- 21-24 Monopoly incentives for cost-reducing R&D
by Garella, Paolo G.
- 25-27 Unwillingness to pay for privacy: A field experiment
by Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören
- 28-31 Optimal unemployment insurance in GE: A robust calibration approach
by Cozzi, Marco
- 32-34 New evidence on pay gap between men and women in Turkey
by Akhmedjonov, Alisher
- 35-38 Sovereign risk contagion in the Eurozone
by Metiu, Norbert
- 39-41 The teaching penalty in higher education: Evidence from a public research university
by Binder, Melissa & Chermak, Janie & Krause, Kate & Thacher, Jennifer
- 42-44 Economic integration and the sustainability of multimarket collusion
by Bond, Eric W. & Syropoulos, Constantinos
- 45-48 Parochial altruism in inter-group conflicts
by Abbink, Klaus & Brandts, Jordi & Herrmann, Benedikt & Orzen, Henrik
- 49-52 Something will turn up? Financial over-optimism and mortgage arrears
by Dawson, Chris & Henley, Andrew
- 53-56 US banking efficiency, 1984–1995
by Kutlu, Levent
- 57-59 Input substitutability, trade costs and location
by Michalski, Tomasz
- 60-65 HAC estimation in spatial panels
by Moscone, Francesco & Tosetti, Elisa
- 66-70 The Ease of Doing Business Index as a tool for investment location decisions
by Pinheiro-Alves, Ricardo & Zambujal-Oliveira, João
- 71-73 Optimal product variety in a Hotelling model
by Meagher, Kieron J.
- 74-77 Product variety, product quality, and evidence of endogenous growth
by Venturini, Francesco
- 78-80 Empirical evidence on the generalized Taylor principle
by Jovanović, Mario
- 81-83 Broadening the tax base of neutral business taxes
by Ruf, Martin
- 84-87 Corruption driven by imitative behavior
by Accinelli, Elvio & Carrera, Edgar J. Sánchez
- 88-90 Should we tax vacant dwellings? A search equilibrium model applied to the rental housing market
by Ménard, Sébastien
- 91-95 On the structure of US unemployment disaggregated by race, ethnicity, and gender
by Queneau, Hervé & Sen, Amit
- 96-98 Who believes in the Taylor principle? Evidence from the Livingston survey
by Pierdzioch, Christian & Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Stadtmann, Georg
- 99-101 On the concavity of the consumption function with the time varying discount rate
by Gong, Liutang & Zhong, Ruquan & Zou, Heng-fu
- 102-105 Self selection among different export markets
by Serti, Francesco & Tomasi, Chiara
- 106-109 Sclerosis and large volatilities: Two sides of the same coin
by Gartner, Hermann & Merkl, Christian & Rothe, Thomas
- 110-114 On voluntary eco-labeling and fiscal incentives
by Jamalpuria, Aditi
- 115-118 Solution of the Hotelling’s game in secure strategies
by Iskakov, Mikhail & Iskakov, Alexey
- 119-122 Inflation uncertainty and unemployment uncertainty: Why transparency about monetary policy targets matters
by Sánchez, Marcelo
- 123-126 New evidence on the role of cognitive skill in economic development
by Laurini, Márcio Poletti & de Carvalho Andrade, Eduardo
- 127-130 Financial market participation, financial intermediation, and monetary policy
by Ghossoub, Edgar A.
- 131-133 Transmitted unemployment under the linked exchange rate system: Evidence from Hong Kong
by Ran, Jimmy & Zhou, Youqing
- 134-137 Bertrand competition with asymmetric costs: Experimental evidence
by Boone, Jan & Larraín Aylwin, María Jose & Müller, Wieland & Ray Chaudhuri, Amrita
- 138-141 The effects of monetary policy at different stages of economic development
by Reed, Robert R. & Ghossoub, Edgar A.
- 142-145 Intermediary cost and coexistence puzzle
by Kim, Young Sik & Lee, Manjong
- 146-148 Transfer pricing policy and the intensity of tax rate competition
by Becker, Johannes & Fuest, Clemens
- 149-155 On the severity of economic downturns: Lessons from cross-country evidence
by Agnello, Luca & Nerlich, Carolin
- 156-160 Does market participation promote generalized trust? Experimental evidence from Southern Africa
by Siziba, Shephard & Bulte, Erwin
- 161-164 Dynamic programming with shape-preserving rational spline Hermite interpolation
by Cai, Yongyang & Judd, Kenneth L.
- 165-167 On the variability of income within and across generations
by Jäntti, Markus & Lindahl, Lena
- 168-169 The variance of a rank estimator of transformation models
by Jochmans, Koen
- 170-173 Evaluating estimates of materials offshoring from US manufacturing
by Feenstra, Robert C. & Jensen, J. Bradford
- 174-177 Connectionist-based rules describing the pass-through of individual goods prices into trend inflation in the United States
by Anderson, Richard G. & Binner, Jane M. & Schmidt, Vincent A.
- 178-181 Do professional forecasters in Asian–Pacific countries believe in the monetary neutrality?
by Rülke, Jan-Christoph
- 182-185 On measuring the efficiency of monetary policy
by Briec, Walter & Gabillon, Emmanuelle & Lasselle, Laurence & Ratsimbanierana, Hermann
- 186-188 Do balanced skills help nascent entrepreneurs to make progress in the venture creation process?
by Stuetzer, Michael & Goethner, Maximilian & Cantner, Uwe
- 189-191 Attribute decomposition of multidimensional inequality indices
by Kobus, Martyna
- 192-195 Ethnic fractionalization and unemployment
by Feldmann, Horst
- 196-199 The flexible Fourier form and Dickey–Fuller type unit root tests
by Enders, Walter & Lee, Junsoo
- 200-203 Real interest rate and labor market performance in developing countries
by Feldmann, Horst
- 204-207 Cross-checking optimal monetary policy with information from the Taylor rule
by Tillmann, Peter
- 208-210 Penn World Table 7.0: Are the data flawed?
by Breton, Theodore R.
- 211-213 When does elastic labor supply cause an inverted-U effect of patents on innovation?
by Chu, Angus C. & Pan, Shiyuan & Sun, Minjuan
- 214-216 Performance of nonlinear instrumental variable unit root tests using recursive detrending methods
by Lee, Hyejin & Meng, Ming & Lee, Junsoo
- 217-219 On the reversibility of structural reforms
by Campos, Nauro F. & Horváth, Roman
- 220-222 Do bank characteristics influence the effect of monetary policy on bank risk?
by Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marques-Ibanez, David
- 223-226 Decentralized fiscal federalism revisited: Optimal income taxation and public goods under horizontal leadership
by Aronsson, Thomas & Persson, Lars
- 227-229 Cooperative models for allocating an object
by Fragnelli, Vito & Gagliardo, Stefano
- 230-234 An algorithm for generalized impulse-response functions in Markov-switching structural VAR
by Karamé, F.
- 235-238 Heresy or enlightenment? The well-being age U-shape effect is flat
by Kassenboehmer, Sonja C. & Haisken-DeNew, John P.
- 239-242 Analysis of interactive fixed effects dynamic linear panel regression with measurement error
by Lee, Nayoung & Moon, Hyungsik Roger & Weidner, Martin
- 243-246 Trade, variety, and immigration
by Chen, Bo & Jacks, David S.
- 247-249 Communication matters: US monetary policy and commodity price volatility
by Hayo, Bernd & Kutan, Ali M. & Neuenkirch, Matthias
- 250-252 Is relative risk aversion constant? A reinterpretation of recent asset allocation findings at the micro level
by Liu, Desu
- 253-255 Short and long memory in stock returns data
by Goddard, John & Onali, Enrico
- 256-258 Demand fluctuations and productivity of service industries
by Morikawa, Masayuki
- 259-262 Flattening of the Phillips curve and the role of the oil price: An unobserved component model for the USA and Australia
by Paradiso, Antonio & Rao, B. Bhaskara
- 263-267 Fairness and fairness for neighbors: The difference between the Myerson value and component-wise egalitarian solutions
by Béal, Sylvain & Rémila, Eric & Solal, Philippe
- 268-271 On tests for linearity against STAR models with deterministic trends
by Kaufmann, Hendrik & Kruse, Robinson & Sibbertsen, Philipp
- 272-275 The assortative matching scheme in a survival battle
by Aloni, Elad & Sela, Aner
- 276-279 Computational accuracy and distributional analysis in models with incomplete markets and aggregate uncertainty
by Horvath, Michal
- 280-282 On international spillovers
by Bianco, Dominique & Niang, Abdou-Aziz
- 283-286 Stock returns and inflation: Evidence from quantile regressions
by Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore
- 287-290 Testing for the effects of omitted power transformations
by Cho, Jin Seo & Ishida, Isao
- 291-294 Cultural transmission of civicness
by Ljunge, Martin
- 295-297 Asymmetric extreme tails and prospective utility of momentum returns
by Gregory-Allen, Russell & Lu, Helen & Stork, Philip
- 298-302 An infimum coefficient unit root test allowing for an unknown break in trend
by Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J.
- 303-305 Non-probabilistic decision making with memory constraints
by Vostroknutov, Alexander
- 306-310 Import diversification along the growth path
by Jaimovich, Esteban
- 311-314 How Naiveté improves efficiency in trading with preplay communication
by Saran, Rene
- 315-317 The liquidity effect: Evidence from the U.S
by Crowder, William J.
- 318-321 Tax audits, fines and optimal tax evasion in a dynamic context
by Levaggi, Rosella & Menoncin, Francesco
- 322-325 The importance of the electoral rule: Evidence from Italy
by Bordignon, Massimo & Monticini, Andrea
- 326-329 The co-evolution of reciprocity-based wage offers and effort choices
by Schliffke, Philipp
- 330-333 Holdups and holdouts: What do they have in common?
by Miceli, Thomas J. & Segerson, Kathleen
- 334-336 Catholic schools, competition, and public school quality
by Carattini, Juliana F. & Dills, Angela K. & Mulholland, Sean E. & Sederberg, Rachel B.
- 337-339 Corporate visibility and executive pay
by Rayton, Bruce A. & Brammer, Stephen & Cheng, Suwina
- 340-343 On the asymmetric relationship between the size of the underground economy and the change in effective tax rate in Taiwan
by Wang, David Han-Min & Yu, Tiffany Hui-Kuang & Hu, Heng-Chang
- 344-347 A simple model of price dispersion
by Chudik, Alexander
- 348-353 A fiscal stimulus with deep habits and optimal monetary policy
by Cantore, Cristiano & Levine, Paul & Melina, Giovanni & Yang, Bo
- 354-356 Money, capital and the Pigou effect
by Mansoorian, Arman
- 357-361 A note on proper scoring rules and risk aversion
by Peysakhovich, Alexander & Plagborg-Møller, Mikkel
- 362-364 International emissions trading: Good or bad?
by Holtsmark, Bjart & Sommervoll, Dag Einar
- 365-367 Identification issues in some double-index models for non-negative data
by Papadopoulos, Georgios & Santos Silva, J.M.C.
- 368-371 Consensus building on the FOMC: An analysis of end of tenure policy preferences
by Johnson, Eric D. & Ellis, Michael A. & Kotenko, Diana
- 372-374 How sensitive is Nordhaus to Weitzman? Climate policy in DICE with an alternative damage function
by Wouter Botzen, W.J. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M.
- 375-378 Is there an empirical link between trade liberalisation and export performance?
by Ratnaike, Yasanji C.
- 379-382 Tax structure and growth: How robust is the empirical evidence?
by Xing, Jing
2012, Volume 116, Issue 3
- 273-276 A back-door brain drain
by Stark, Oded & Byra, Lukasz
- 277-280 Markups and the number of firms in a simple model of imperfect competition
by Chang, Cheng-wei & Lai, Ching-chong
- 281-283 Credit constraints and the process of development
by Nishida, Keigo
- 284-287 Asymmetric information and the demand for private health insurance in Korea
by Lee, Yong-Woo
- 288-290 Young immigrant children and their educational attainment
by Ohinata, Asako & van Ours, Jan C.
- 291-294 Is the choice of (t−T) in Battese and Coelli (1992) type stochastic frontier models innocuous? Observations and generalisations
by Wheat, Phill & Smith, Andrew
- 295-297 Commitment through risk
by Kylymnyuk, Dmytro & Wagner, Alexander K.
- 298-300 Revenue decentralization and inflation: A re-evaluation
by Baskaran, Thushyanthan
- 301-303 Price discrimination in asymmetric Cournot oligopoly
by Bakó, Barna & Kálecz-Simon, András
- 304-307 New weighting scheme for the dimensions in multidimensional poverty indices
by Belhadj, Besma
- 308-311 Factors related to the depth of the latest crisis for EU-27 countries: The key role of relative inequality/poverty
by Georgopoulos, Demosthenes & Papadogonas, Theodore & Sfakianakis, George
- 312-315 A model for assessing the contribution of innovative SMEs to economic growth: The intangible approach
by González-Loureiro, Miguel & Pita-Castelo, Jose
- 316-318 Usage of an estimated coefficient as a dependent variable
by Hornstein, Abigail S. & Greene, William H.
- 319-321 Simultaneity bias in the analysis of perceived job insecurity and subjective well-being
by Geishecker, Ingo
- 322-325 Density prediction of stock index returns using GARCH models: Frequentist or Bayesian estimation?
by Hoogerheide, Lennart F. & Ardia, David & Corré, Nienke
- 326-329 Forecasting stock prices: Do forecasters herd?
by Pierdzioch, Christian & Rülke, Jan-Christoph
- 330-332 A characterization of the plurality rule
by Sekiguchi, Yohei
- 333-334 More on the Fox paradox
by Karagiannis, Giannis
- 335-338 Consumer bounded rationality and rigidity/flexibility retail price patterns
by Spiegler, Ran
- 339-342 Testing post-cartel pricing during litigation
by Erutku, Can
- 343-345 On strong independence of allocative efficiency from distribution in the theory of public goods
by Kleinberg, Norman L. & Ma, Barry K. & Weiss, Jeffrey H.
- 346-348 Decomposition of non-linear models using simulated residuals
by Wolff, François-Charles
- 349-353 Market access and wages: A spatially heterogeneous approach
by Paredes, Dusan & Iturra, Victor
- 354-357 A test for complementarities among multiple technologies that avoids the curse of dimensionality
by Yu, Li & Hurley, Terrance & Kliebenstein, James & Orazem, Peter
- 358-360 Missing daughters, missing brides?
by d’Albis, Hippolyte & de la Croix, David
- 361-362 Perfect classifiers in partial observability bivariate probit
by Poirier, Dale J.
- 363-366 Shirking and “choking” under incentive-based pressure: A behavioral economic theory of performance production
by Sanders, Shane & Walia, Bhavneet
- 367-370 On the distribution of public funding to political parties
by Troumpounis, Orestis
- 371-373 The simple econometrics of tail dependence
by van Oordt, Maarten R.C. & Zhou, Chen
- 374-376 A novel approach to identifying hedonic demand parameters
by Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Pope, Jaren C.
- 377-380 Measurement of excess bidding in auctions
by Ferona, Angeliki & Tsionas, Efthymios G.
- 381-384 Fractional integration and the volatility of UK interest rates
by Coleman, Simeon & Sirichand, Kavita
- 385-388 Price inflation and stock returns
by Oxman, Jeffrey
- 389-391 More inequality, more crime? A panel cointegration analysis for the United States
by Chintrakarn, Pandej & Herzer, Dierk
- 392-395 Human capital Kuznets curve with subsistence consumption level
by Matsuo, Miki & Tomoda, Yasunobu
- 396-400 On the correlations of trend–cycle errors
by Wada, Tatsuma
- 401-403 Long-range dependence in the international diamond market
by Chong, Terence T.L. & Lu, Chenxi & Chan, Wing Hong
- 404-407 Do investors’ sentiment dynamics affect stock returns? Evidence from the US economy
by Dergiades, Theologos
- 408-410 Labor-force participation rates and the informational value of unemployment rates: Evidence from disaggregated US data
by Gustavsson, Magnus & Österholm, Pär
- 411-413 A root-N consistent estimator for some fixed-effects panel data sample selection models
by Ai, Chunrong & Meng, Meixia
- 414-417 Measuring regional inequality by internet car price advertisements: Evidence for Germany
by Kholodilin, Konstantin A. & Siliverstovs, Boriss
- 418-421 Another direct proof for the Gibbard–Satterthwaite Theorem
by Ninjbat, Uuganbaatar
- 422-425 Inflation-regime dependent effects of monetary policy shocks. Evidence from threshold vector autoregressions
by Mandler, Martin
- 426-428 A comparative analysis of the informational efficiency of the fixed income market in seven European countries
by Bariviera, A.F. & Guercio, M. Belén & Martinez, Lisana B.
- 429-431 Fairness, spite, and intentions: Testing different motives behind punishment in a prisoners’ dilemma game
by Klempt, Charlotte
- 432-435 Auditor expertise: Evidence from the public sector
by Schelker, Mark
- 436-439 Can producer currency pricing models generate volatile real exchange rates?
by Povoledo, Laura
- 440-444 Do middle classes bring about institutional reforms?
by Loayza, Norman & Rigolini, Jamele & Llorente, Gonzalo
- 445-447 How does the European Central Bank react to oil prices?
by L’œillet, Guillaume & Licheron, Julien
- 448-450 Does exchange rate control improve inflation targeting in emerging economies?
by Pourroy, Marc
- 451-453 School choice and perceived school quality
by Brasington, David M. & Hite, Diane
- 454-456 Impulse responses of antipersistent processes
by Hassler, Uwe
- 457-459 A measure of technological distance
by Bar, Talia & Leiponen, Aija
- 460-464 Durable goods and sticky prices: Industry-level evidence
by Gwin, Carl & VanHoose, David D.
- 465-468 Investigating finite sample properties of estimators for approximate factor models when N is small
by Tanaka, Shinya & Kurozumi, Eiji
- 469-471 Patent protection with a cooperative R&D option
by Che, XiaoGang & Yang, Yibai
- 472-475 On the consistency of the LIML estimator of a spatial autoregressive model with many instruments
by Liu, Xiaodong
- 476-479 Another look at the uncovered interest rate parity: Have we missed the fundamentals?
by Pikoulakis, Emmanuel V. & Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr
- 480-482 How does government ownership affect firm performance? A simple model of privatization in transition economies
by Huang, Linqiang & Xiao, Sheng
- 483-486 Size improvement of the KPSS test using sieve bootstraps
by Lee, Jin & Lee, Young Im
- 487-490 Firm level export decisions: The role of information cost
by Wei, Xuan & Thornsbury, Suzanne
- 491-493 A simple microfoundation for the utilization of fragmentation indexes to measure the performance of a team
by Le Maux, Benoit & Rocaboy, Yvon
- 494-497 A note on Bayesian interpretations of HCCME-type refinements for nonlinear GMM models
by Lin, Eric S. & Chou, Ta-Sheng
- 498-501 On the evolution of prize perceptions in contests
by Boudreau, James W. & Shunda, Nicholas
- 502-503 Further results on the Bertrand game with different marginal costs
by De Nijs, Romain
- 504-507 On the inappropriateness of collective rent seeking analysis when agents exert within-group and between-group efforts
by Hausken, Kjell
- 508-511 Brand name and private label price setting by a monopoly store
by Perloff, Jeffrey M. & LaFrance, Jeffrey T. & Chouinard, Hayley H.
- 512-515 Disagreement, correlation and asset prices
by He, Xue-Zhong & Shi, Lei
- 516-518 A necessary and sufficient single-profile condition for transitivity of the majority rule relation
by Xefteris, Dimitrios
- 519-522 Application of the simultaneous least squares-probit Nelson–Olson covariance estimator for stratified surveys
by Lambert, D.M. & Cho, S.H. & Jung, S.
- 523-525 Multi-tasking and inequity aversion in the linear–exponential–normal moral hazard model
by Bartling, Björn
- 526-530 Housing deep-habit model: Mutual implications of macroeconomics and asset pricing
by Huang, MeiChi
- 531-534 Estimating the number of common factors in serially dependent approximate factor models
by Greenaway-McGrevy, Ryan & Han, Chirok & Sul, Donggyu
- 535-537 A note on estimation of two-sided matching models
by Uetake, Kosuke & Watanabe, Yasutora
- 538-540 Conditions for the numerical equality of the OLS, GLS and Amemiya–Cragg estimators
by Lu, Cuicui & Schmidt, Peter
- 541-544 Granger causality between total expenditure on health and GDP in OECD: Evidence from the Toda–Yamamoto approach
by Amiri, Arshia & Ventelou, Bruno
- 545-546 On the interpretation of panel unit root tests
by Pesaran, M. Hashem
- 547-550 Money and output: New evidence based on wavelet coherence
by Caraiani, Petre
- 551-553 Asymmetric marginal costs in search models
by Shelegia, Sandro
- 554-557 The trade-enhancing effect of immigration networks: New evidence on the role of geographic proximity
by Artal-Tur, Andrés & Pallardó-López, Vicente J. & Requena-Silvente, Francisco
- 558-561 The size of the tradable and non-tradable sectors: Evidence from input–output tables for 25 countries
by Lombardo, Giovanni & Ravenna, Federico
- 562-564 What determines the intra-industrial technology spillovers of foreign direct investment?
by Xu, Tao & Zhao, Zengyao
- 565-570 Convergence clubs in incomes across Indian states: Is there evidence of a neighbours’ effect?
by Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra
- 571-574 Monetary policy and inflationary shocks under imperfect credibility
by Darracq Pariès, Matthieu & Moyen, Stéphane
- 575-578 Education, borrowing constraints and growth
by Kitaura, Koji
- 579-582 Sources of advantageous selection: Evidence using actual health expenditure risk
by Johar, Meliyanni & Savage, Elizabeth
- 583-587 Financial reforms and income inequality
by Agnello, Luca & Mallick, Sushanta K. & Sousa, Ricardo M.
- 588-592 Participation in deterministic contests
by Siegel, Ron
- 593-596 Efficient organization of production: Nested versus horizontal outsourcing
by Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune
- 597-600 Structural change with dynamics of capital income share
by Liu, Yue
- 601-603 Evaluating Japanese corporate executives’ forecasts under an asymmetric loss function
by Tsuchiya, Yoichi
- 604-608 Economic determinants of technological progress in G7 countries: A re-examination
by Guloglu, Bulent & Tekin, R. Baris & Saridogan, Ercan