September 2011, Volume 112, Issue 3
- 283-286 Distributional impacts of a local living wage increase with ability sorting
by Ahn, Tom
- 287-289 Aid effectiveness and the soft budget constraint: EU development aid to the former Soviet Union
by Grigoriadis, Theocharis N.
- 290-292 A direct test of hyperbolic discounting using market asset data
by Salois, Matthew J. & Moss, Charles B.
- 293-297 Test of random versus fixed effects with small within variation
by Hahn, Jinyong & Ham, John & Moon, Hyungsik Roger
August 2011, Volume 112, Issue 2
- 135-137 Untruthful dominant strategies for the deferred acceptance algorithm
by Kumano, Taro & Watabe, Masahiro
- 138-140 Consumption time in household production: Implications for the goods-time elasticity of substitution
by Baral, Ranju & Davis, George C. & You, Wen
- 141-143 Organization capital and firm performance. Empirical evidence for European firms
by Tronconi, Claudia & Vittucci Marzetti, Giuseppe
- 144-147 Barro-Gordon revisited: Reputational equilibria with inferential expectations
by Henckel, Timo & Menzies, Gordon D. & Prokhovnik, Nick & Zizzo, Daniel J.
- 148-150 On uniqueness of the conditional maximum likelihood estimation for a binary panel model
by Akashi, Kentaro
- 151-154 Is a skill intensity reversal a mere theoretical curiosum? Evidence from the US and Mexico
by Kurokawa, Yoshinori
- 155-157 The power to delay
by Li, Duozhe
- 158-160 "Girls will be Girls", especially among Boys: Risk-taking in the "Daily Double" on Jeopardy
by Lindquist, Gabriella Sjögren & Säve-Söderbergh, Jenny
- 161-164 Markov-switching models and the unit root hypothesis in real US GDP
by Camacho, Maximo
- 165-167 Implementation of individually rational social choice functions with guaranteed utilities
by Mealem, Yosef
- 168-170 Microfinance and competition for external funding
by Ghosh, Suman & Van Tassel, Eric
- 171-175 Poverty, political freedom, and the roots of terrorism in developing countries: An empirical assessment
by Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Younas, Javed
- 176-178 The benefits of voluntary leadership in experimental public goods games
by Rivas, M. Fernanda & Sutter, Matthias
- 179-181 Exchange rate policy under sovereign default risk
by Schabert, Andreas
- 182-185 The Endogenous Sequential Probit model: An application to the demand for hospital utilization
by Munkin, Murat K.
- 186-188 ECB repo rate setting during the financial crisis
by Gerlach, Stefan
- 189-191 On the dynamics of international inflation
by Caggiano, Giovanni & Castelnuovo, Efrem
- 192-194 Equilibrium of a sequence of auctions when bidders demand multiple items
by Liu, Qingmin
- 195-197 Terrorism risk concern in Europe
by Drakos, Konstantinos & Müller, Cathérine
- 198-201 Regime-switching factor models in which the number of factors defines the regime
by Cordis, Adriana S. & Kirby, Chris
- 202-204 Bertrand equilibrium with subadditive costs
by Dastidar, Krishnendu Ghosh
- 205-206 Cointegration, factor shares, and production function parameters
by Chirinko, Robert S. & Mallick, Debdulal
- 207-209 Parameter orthogonalization and Bayesian inference with many instruments
by Hahn, Jinyong & Hansen, Karsten
- 210-212 Who benefits from bilateral information exchange in a retail channel?
by Dukes, Anthony & Gal-Or, Esther & Geylani, Tansev
- 213-215 Search costs and corporate income tax competition
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 216-219 Multiple equilibria in Tullock contests
by Chowdhury, Subhasish M. & Sheremeta, Roman M.
- 220-222 Further simulation evidence on the performance of the Poisson pseudo-maximum likelihood estimator
by Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Tenreyro, Silvana
July 2011, Volume 112, Issue 1
- 1-2 Crowding-out effect of the current food stamp subsidy scheme
by Zhang, Yi
- 3-6 Asymmetric access pricing in the Internet backbone market
by López, Ángel Luis
- 7-10 Determinacy, stock market dynamics and monetary policy inertia
by Pfajfar, Damjan & Santoro, Emiliano
- 11-15 The spectral representation of Markov switching ARMA models
by Pataracchia, Beatrice
- 16-18 Simultaneous versus sequential information processing
by Hoffman, Ross M. & Kagel, John H. & Levin, Dan
- 19-22 Testing the unit root hypothesis against TAR nonlinearity using STAR-based tests
by Sollis, Robert
- 23-25 Financial frictions and the K/L ratio in UK manufacturing
by Spaliara, Marina-Eliza
- 26-30 Nominal uncertainty and inflation: The role of European Union membership
by Neanidis, Kyriakos C. & Savva, Christos S.
- 31-33 Casinos and campus crime
by Hyclak, Thomas
- 34-37 Probabilistic risk aversion with an arbitrary outcome set
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 38-41 Risk aversion in auctions with asymmetrically informed bidders: A "desensitizer" from uncertainty
by Muñoz-García, Félix & Orozco-Alemán, Sandra
- 42-44 A credit market in early stages of economic development
by Nakamura, Hideki & Nakajima, Tetsuya
- 45-48 Welfare effects of subsidizing higher education when access and quality are endogenous
by Fethke, Gary
- 49-52 Asymptotically unbiased estimation of autocovariances and autocorrelations for panel data with incidental trends
by Okui, Ryo
- 53-55 An asymptotic variance inequality for instrumental variable estimators signaling proportional bias increases
by Kim, Yun-Yeong
- 56-59 Further evidence regarding nonlinear trend reversion of real GDP and the CPI
by Shelley, Gary L. & Wallace, Frederick H.
- 60-62 De facto financial openness and capital mobility
by Younas, Javed
- 63-66 Why do people place lower weight on advice far from their own initial opinion?
by Ravazzolo, Francesco & Røisland, Øistein
- 67-70 Best-of-three all-pay auctions
by Sela, Aner
- 71-74 Reflections on the failure of the Taylor principle under commitment
by Barnea, Emanuel & Liviatan, Nissan
- 75-78 On the role of social wage comparisons in gift-exchange experiments
by Siang, Ch'ng Kean & Requate, Till & Waichman, Israel
- 79-81 Semiparametric binary random effects models: Estimating two types of drinking behavior
by Dong, Yingying
- 82-84 Ranking of signals in multitask agency models
by Xie, Jia
- 85-87 Intergenerational transmission of preferences
by Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D.
- 88-90 Observed inflation forecasts and the new Keynesian macro model
by Kortelainen, Mika & Paloviita, Maritta & Viren, Matti
- 91-93 Are there pre-programme effects of active placement efforts? Evidence from a social experiment
by Hägglund, Pathric
- 94-96 The nonlinear impact of currency unions on bilateral trade
by Katayama, Hajime & Melatos, Mark
- 97-99 R&D subsidies and the performance of high-tech start-ups
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca & Murtinu, Samuele
- 100-102 On the efficiency of participation with vertically differentiated workers
by Gavrel, Frédéric
- 103-106 Endogenous monetary commitment
by Libich, Jan & Stehlík, Petr
- 107-112 Bayesian estimation of the output gap for a small open economy: The case of Canada
by Berger, Tino & Kempa, Bernd
- 113-115 Is there dynamic adverse selection in the life insurance market?
by He, Daifeng
- 116-118 The non-linear effects of life expectancy on economic growth
by Desbordes, Rodolphe
- 119-121 Public health spending, tax reform, and long-run growth
by Tobing, Elwin
- 122-124 Opportunity costs in buying and short selling--Do they really matter?
by Shavit, Tal & Rosenboim, Mosi & Malul, Miki
- 125-127 Price premiums for journal quality and journal governance: Evidence from economics journals
by Zheng, Yuqing & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 128-131 The role of private information in dynamic matching and bargaining: Can it be good for efficiency?
by Shneyerov, Artyom & Wong, Adam Chi Leung
- 132-134 Trading imbalances and the law of one price
by Seasholes, Mark S. & Liu, Clark
June 2011, Volume 111, Issue 3
- 185-187 The first-order approach in rank-order tournaments
by Gürtler, Oliver
- 188-190 Determinants of successful regional trade agreements
by Vicard, Vincent
- 191-193 Fiscal decentralization and government quality in the OECD
by Kyriacou, Andreas P. & Roca-Sagalés, Oriol
- 194-196 Do resource dependent regions grow slower than they should?
by James, Alexander G. & James, Robert G.
- 197-199 Least squares estimation of a panel data model with multifactor error structure and endogenous covariates
by Harding, Matthew & Lamarche, Carlos
- 200-202 What does it mean to find the face of the franchise? Physical attractiveness and the evaluation of athletic performance
by Berri, David J. & Simmons, Rob & Van Gilder, Jennifer & O'Neill, Lisle
- 203-206 Unemployment and labor force participation in the United States
by Emerson, Jamie
- 207-209 Inflation in South Africa. A long memory approach
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 210-212 Will the consumption externalities' effects in the Ramsey model please stand up?
by Wendner, Ronald
- 213-216 Preference shifts between consumption goods and sectoral changes
by Addessi, William & Busato, Francesco
- 217-219 Endowment effects in contests
by Price, Curtis R. & Sheremeta, Roman M.
- 220-222 Inflation and central bank independence: Two-way causality?
by Brumm, Harold J.
- 223-225 Does government decentralization reduce domestic terror? An empirical test
by Dreher, Axel & Fischer, Justina A.V.
- 226-229 The intergenerational transmission of maternal human capital and the gender gap in educational attainment
by Dussaillant, Francisca
- 230-232 Procyclical government spending: Patterns of pressure and prudence in the OECD
by Abbott, Andrew & Jones, Philip
- 233-235 The Cournot-Bertrand model and the degree of product differentiation
by Tremblay, Carol Horton & Tremblay, Victor J.
- 236-238 Wage transparency and performance: A real-effort experiment
by Greiner, Ben & Ockenfels, Axel & Werner, Peter
- 239-242 Can experimental measures of sensitivity to social pressure predict public good contribution?
by Zizzo, Daniel John & Fleming, Piers
- 243-246 On the asymptotic uniqueness of bargaining equilibria
by Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski, Arkadi
- 247-248 Destructing the hold-up
by Ng, Travis
- 249-251 Pursuing the wrong options? Adjustment costs and the relationship between uncertainty and capital accumulation
by Bond, Stephen R. & Söderbom, Måns & Wu, Guiying
- 252-255 Foreign exchange market intervention and reserve accumulation in emerging Asia: Is there evidence of fear of appreciation?
by Pontines, Victor & Rajan, Ramkishen S.
- 256-259 A note on free entry under uncertainty: The role of asymmetric information
by Piccolo, Salvatore
- 260-263 Stochastic convergence of the catch-up rate and multiple structural breaks in Asian countries
by Evans, Paul & Kim, Ji Uk
- 264-267 Interacting nominal and real labour market rigidities
by Vogel, Lukas
- 268-271 The unemployment effect of exchange rate volatility in industrial countries
by Feldmann, Horst
- 272-274 A signaling approach to soft budgets
by Saljanin, Salem
May 2011, Volume 111, Issue 2
- 105-109 Market timing: Recent development and a new test
by Chou, Cheng & Chu, Chia-Shang J.
- 110-112 Is food consumption a good proxy for nondurable consumption?
by Bonaparte, Yosef & Fabozzi, Frank J.
- 113-115 Let me sleep on it: Delay reduces rejection rates in ultimatum games
by Grimm, Veronika & Mengel, Friederike
- 116-118 U.S. consumer demand for prize-linked savings: New evidence on a new product
by Tufano, Peter & De Neve, Jan-Emmanuel & Maynard, Nick
- 119-121 Unilateral effects of mergers with general linear demand
by Hausman, Jerry & Moresi, Serge & Rainey, Mark
- 122-124 An experimental investigation of entry cost effects in sealed-bid dollar auctions
by Chakravarty, Surajeet & Ghosh, Sudeep
- 125-126 A note on undominated Bertrand equilibria
by Kartik, Navin
- 127-130 Consumption habits in an overlapping-generations model
by Velculescu, Delia
- 131-134 Nonparametric lag selection for nonlinear additive autoregressive models
by Guo, Zheng-Feng & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 135-137 Instrumental variable estimation of a spatial autoregressive panel model with random effects
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Liu, Long
- 138-140 Business cycle and corruption
by Gokcekus, Omer & Suzuki, Yui
- 141-143 Spurious regression: A higher-order problem
by Sollis, Robert
- 144-146 On the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibria in two person discrete games
by Mallick, Indrajit
- 147-150 Pirates and traders: Some economics of pirate-infested seas
by Guha, Brishti & Guha, Ashok S.
- 151-154 Parallel axiomatizations of majority and unanimity
by Quesada, Antonio
- 155-157 When are voluntary pensions indifferent?
by Simonovits, András
- 158-160 Asymmetric capacity constraints and equilibrium price dispersion
by Arnold, Michael A. & Saliba, Christine
- 161-165 Does government ideology affect personal happiness? A test
by Dreher, Axel & Öhler, Hannes
- 166-169 Charity auctions with multiple goods: Bidding behavior and revenue
by Groves, Vivienne
- 170-172 How useful is yet another data-driven bandwidth in long-run variance estimation?: A simulation study on cointegrating regressions
by Hirukawa, Masayuki
- 173-175 Substitution effects across charitable donations
by Cairns, Jason & Slonim, Robert
- 176-179 A cautionary note on computing conditional from unconditional correlations
by Kaiser, Jonas & Krämer, Walter
- 180-183 The Paretian Ratio Distribution -- An application to the volatility of GDP
by Manas, Arnaud
April 2011, Volume 111, Issue 1
- 1-5 Technological diffusion and asset prices
by Ghossoub, Edgar A. & Beladi, Hamid
- 6-9 How to measure patent thickets--A novel approach
by von Graevenitz, Georg & Wagner, Stefan & Harhoff, Dietmar
- 10-12 The condition of the Turking class: Are online employers fair and honest?
by Horton, John J.
- 13-15 Unpriced quality
by Courty, Pascal
- 16-19 Earnings losses of displaced workers and the business cycle: An analysis with administrative data
by Couch, Kenneth A. & Jolly, Nicholas A. & Placzek, Dana W.
- 20-22 A model of repeat advertising
by Sahuguet, Nicolas
- 23-25 A note on nonlinear models with integrated regressors and convergence order results
by de Jong, Robert & Hu, Ling
- 26-29 Liquidity constrained exporters and trade
by Broll, Udo & Wahl, Jack E.
- 30-33 Incentive effects: The case of belief elicitation from individuals in groups
by Wang, Stephanie W.
- 34-36 Do your brains help you out of unemployment?
by Heineck, Guido
- 37-39 On negative time preferences
by Casari, Marco & Dragone, Davide
- 40-42 Ticket pricing and the impression of excess demand
by Busch, Lutz-Alexander & Curry, Philip A.
- 43-46 Valuing improved hurricane forecasts
by Lazo, Jeffrey K. & Waldman, Donald M.
- 47-49 Debt, deficits and finite horizons: The stochastic case
by Farmer, Roger E.A. & Nourry, Carine & Venditti, Alain
- 50-53 A gravity criterium for discriminating traditional protection measures
by Sabaté, Marcela & Fillat, Carmen & Gracia, Ana Belén
- 54-56 Income inequality in the trust game
by Smith, Alexander
- 57-59 The financial trilemma
by Schoenmaker, Dirk
- 60-63 The stability of long-run money demand in the United States: A new approach
by Wang, Yiming
- 64-67 Household's preferences and monetary policy inertia
by Flamini, Alessandro & Fracasso, Andrea
- 68-70 On adding over-identifying instrumental variables to simultaneous equations
by Hendry, David F.
- 71-74 Basic, applied and experimental knowledge and productivity: Further evidence
by Luintel, Kul B. & Khan, Mosahid
- 75-77 Normality test for multivariate conditional heteroskedastic dynamic regression models
by Lee, Sangyeol & Ng, Chi Tim
- 78-80 Asymmetry and revenue in first-price auctions
by Cheng, Harrison
- 81-83 Allocative efficiency measurement with endogenous prices
by Johnson, Andrew L. & Ruggiero, John
- 84-87 Estimating labour market transitions and continuations using repeated cross sectional data
by Brochu, Pierre
- 88-90 Games of social interactions with local and global externalities
by Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo
- 91-94 Information-consistent learning and shifts in long-run productivity
by Fout, Hamilton B. & Francis, Neville R.
- 95-98 Estimation of relative average treatment effects with misclassification
by Fu, Lianyan & Gao, Wei & Shi, Ning-Zhong
- 99-103 Auctions with both common-value and private-value bidders
by Tan, Xu & Xing, Yiqing
March 2011, Volume 110, Issue 3
- 171-173 A politico-economic analysis of minimum wages and wage subsidies
by Adam, Antonis & Moutos, Thomas
- 174-177 Nonlinear pricing and competition intensity in a Hotelling-type model with discrete product and consumer types
by Hernandez, Manuel A.
- 178-181 Structural change and growth in India
by Cortuk, Orcan & Singh, Nirvikar
- 182-185 Purchasing Power Parity analyzed through a continuous-time version of the ESTAR model
by Nicolau, João
- 186-188 How much and how often: A model of repeated consumption with endogenous consumption frequency
by Liu, Liqun & Rettenmaier, Andrew J. & Saving, Thomas R.
- 189-192 The value of local political capital in transition China
by Sun, Pei & Xu, Haoping & Zhou, Jian
- 193-196 Overconfidence can improve an agent's relative and absolute performance in contests
by Ludwig, Sandra & Wichardt, Philipp C. & Wickhorst, Hanke
- 197-199 Trade in final goods and the impact of innovation
by Añón Higón, Dolores & Stoneman, Paul
- 200-202 Birth order and education: Evidence from a Korean cohort
by Cho, Hyunkuk
- 203-205 A discrete choice model with endogenous attribute attendance
by Hole, Arne Risa
- 206-208 A New Keynesian model with technological change
by Inoue, Tomohiro & Tsuzuki, Eiji
- 209-212 International business visits and the technology frontier
by Dowrick, Steve & Tani, Massimiliano
- 213-215 Does relative income matter for the very poor? Evidence from rural Ethiopia
by Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter
- 216-219 Transparency, price-dependent demand and product variety
by Gu, Yiquan & Wenzel, Tobias
- 220-222 Qualitative analysis of Bayes-Nash equilibrium in weak asymmetric auctions
by Momparler, Juan & Gregori, Pablo
- 223-225 Kinked norms of behaviour and cooperation
by Currarini, Sergio & Marini, Marco
- 226-230 Nash meets Rubinstein in final-offer arbitration
by Yildiz, Muhamet
- 231-234 Regime dependence, Mrs. Machlup's wardrobe and the accumulation of international reserves in Asia
by Pontines, Victor & Yongqiang, Li
- 235-237 An empirical investigation of the determinants of democracy: Trade, aid and the neighbor effect
by Csordás, Stefan & Ludwig, Markus
- 238-240 Nonlinear time-series convergence: The role of structural breaks
by King, Alan & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn
- 241-244 A natural mechanism to choose the deserving winner when the jury is made up of all contestants
by Amorós, Pablo
- 245-247 A simple nonparametric test for structural change in joint tail probabilities
by Krämer, Walter & van Kampen, Maarten
- 248-251 Social preferences during childhood and the role of gender and age -- An experiment in Austria and Sweden
by Martinsson, Peter & Nordblom, Katarina & Rützler, Daniela & Sutter, Matthias
- 252-254 Demeaning the data in panel-cointegration models to control for cross-sectional dependencies
by Solberger, Martin
- 255-258 Genetic distance and income difference: Evidence from changes in China's cross-strait relations
by Bai, Ying & Kung, James Kai-sing
- 259-261 How competition affects schools' performances: Does specification matter?
by Agasisti, Tommaso
- 262-264 How lotteries outperform auctions
by Bos, Olivier
- 265-267 On favoritism in auctions with entry
by Arozamena, Leandro & Weinschelbaum, Federico
- 268-271 Internet auctions with a temporary buyout option
by Che, XiaoGang
- 272-273 Majority selection of one alternative from a binary agenda
by Campbell, Donald E. & Kelly, Jerry S.
- 274-277 A note on the relationship between top income shares and the Gini coefficient
by Alvaredo, Facundo
- 278-281 Short-term growth effects of fiscal policy revisited: A Markov-switching approach
by Arin, K. Peren & Spagnolo, Nicola
February 2011, Volume 110, Issue 2
- 71-75 Dissecting intra-industry trade
by Van Biesebroeck, Johannes
- 76-78 Price-level convergence: New evidence from U.S. cities
by Yazgan, M. Ege & Yilmazkuday, Hakan
- 79-82 Sample selectivity and the validity of international student achievement tests in economic research
by Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger
- 83-85 Immigration and international prices: An initial assessment
by Zachariadis, Marios
- 86-89 Redistributive income taxation, outsourcing and foreign direct investment
by Aronsson, Thomas & Koskela, Erkki
- 90-92 Strategic risk and coordination failure in blame games
by Ellingsen, Tore & Östling, Robert
- 93-96 Financial market integration in the early modern period in Spain: Results from a threshold error correction model
by Bernholz, Peter & Kugler, Peter
- 97-100 Behavioral biases and cognitive reflection
by Hoppe, Eva I. & Kusterer, David J.
- 101-103 Pushing on a string: How policy might encourage private doctors to compete with the public sector on the basis of quality
by Quimbo, Stella & Peabody, John W. & Javier, Xylee & Shimkhada, Riti & Solon, Orville
- 104-106 The fixed wage puzzle: Why profit sharing is so hard to implement
by Jerger, Jürgen & Michaelis, Jochen
- 107-109 When managers cannot commit: Capital structure under inalienable managerial entrenchment
by Thomas, Catherine & Wang, Yongxiang
- 110-112 Do more diverse environments increase the diversity of subsequent interaction? Evidence from random dorm assignment
by Baker, Sara & Mayer, Adalbert & Puller, Steven L.
- 113-116 LM threshold unit root tests
by Lee, Junsoo & Strazicich, Mark C. & Yu, Byung Chul
- 117-121 On the estimation of asset pricing models using univariate betas
by Kan, Raymond & Robotti, Cesare
- 122-125 Estimating expenditure impacts without expenditure data using asset proxies
by Wittenberg, Martin
- 126-131 Real wage rigidities and disinflation dynamics: Calvo vs. Rotemberg pricing
by Ascari, Guido & Rossi, Lorenza
- 132-135 Second-order approximation to the Rotemberg model around a distorted steady state
by Damjanovic, Tatiana & Nolan, Charles
- 136-139 Panel regression with multiplicative measurement errors
by Ronning, Gerd & Schneeweiss, Hans
- 140-142 U-shaped female labor participation with economic development: Some panel data evidence
by Tam, Henry
- 143-146 Sales and price spikes in retail scanner data
by Chahrour, Ryan A.