2011, Volume 110, Issue 3
- 272-273 Majority selection of one alternative from a binary agenda
by Campbell, Donald E. & Kelly, Jerry S.
- 274-277 A note on the relationship between top income shares and the Gini coefficient
by Alvaredo, Facundo
- 278-281 Short-term growth effects of fiscal policy revisited: A Markov-switching approach
by Arin, K. Peren & Spagnolo, Nicola
2011, Volume 110, Issue 2
- 71-75 Dissecting intra-industry trade
by Van Biesebroeck, Johannes
- 76-78 Price-level convergence: New evidence from U.S. cities
by Yazgan, M. Ege & Yilmazkuday, Hakan
- 79-82 Sample selectivity and the validity of international student achievement tests in economic research
by Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger
- 83-85 Immigration and international prices: An initial assessment
by Zachariadis, Marios
- 86-89 Redistributive income taxation, outsourcing and foreign direct investment
by Aronsson, Thomas & Koskela, Erkki
- 90-92 Strategic risk and coordination failure in blame games
by Ellingsen, Tore & Östling, Robert
- 93-96 Financial market integration in the early modern period in Spain: Results from a threshold error correction model
by Bernholz, Peter & Kugler, Peter
- 97-100 Behavioral biases and cognitive reflection
by Hoppe, Eva I. & Kusterer, David J.
- 101-103 Pushing on a string: How policy might encourage private doctors to compete with the public sector on the basis of quality
by Quimbo, Stella & Peabody, John W. & Javier, Xylee & Shimkhada, Riti & Solon, Orville
- 104-106 The fixed wage puzzle: Why profit sharing is so hard to implement
by Jerger, Jürgen & Michaelis, Jochen
- 107-109 When managers cannot commit: Capital structure under inalienable managerial entrenchment
by Thomas, Catherine & Wang, Yongxiang
- 110-112 Do more diverse environments increase the diversity of subsequent interaction? Evidence from random dorm assignment
by Baker, Sara & Mayer, Adalbert & Puller, Steven L.
- 113-116 LM threshold unit root tests
by Lee, Junsoo & Strazicich, Mark C. & Yu, Byung Chul
- 117-121 On the estimation of asset pricing models using univariate betas
by Kan, Raymond & Robotti, Cesare
- 122-125 Estimating expenditure impacts without expenditure data using asset proxies
by Wittenberg, Martin
- 126-131 Real wage rigidities and disinflation dynamics: Calvo vs. Rotemberg pricing
by Ascari, Guido & Rossi, Lorenza
- 132-135 Second-order approximation to the Rotemberg model around a distorted steady state
by Damjanovic, Tatiana & Nolan, Charles
- 136-139 Panel regression with multiplicative measurement errors
by Ronning, Gerd & Schneeweiss, Hans
- 140-142 U-shaped female labor participation with economic development: Some panel data evidence
by Tam, Henry
- 143-146 Sales and price spikes in retail scanner data
by Chahrour, Ryan A.
- 147-150 The entry incentives of complementary producers: A simple model with implications for antitrust policy
by Lleras, Juan S. & Miller, Nathan H.
- 151-154 Small sample properties of alternative tests for martingale difference hypothesis
by Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier & Kim, Jae H.
- 155-158 Income distribution and macroeconomics: Fertility adjustment prior to education investment
by Nakagawa, Masao & Sugimoto, Yoshiaki
- 159-162 Do language barriers affect trade?
by Lohmann, Johannes
- 163-165 A GMM interpretation of the paradox in the inverse probability weighting estimation of the average treatment effect on the treated
by Han, Chirok & Kim, Beomsoo
- 166-169 Charitable donations are more responsive to stock market booms than busts
by List, John A. & Peysakhovich, Yana
2011, Volume 110, Issue 1
- 1-3 Affine Nelson-Siegel model
by Alfaro, Rodrigo A.
- 4-6 Markov-chain approximations of vector autoregressions: Application of general multivariate-normal integration techniques
by Terry, Stephen J. & Knotek II, Edward S.
- 7-11 Soft budget constraints and ownership: Empirical evidence from US hospitals
by Eggleston, Karen & Shen, Yu-Chu
- 12-14 Exporting recessions: International links and the business cycle
by Yetman, James
- 15-17 A note on the tight simplification of mechanisms
by Perez-Richet, Eduardo
- 18-19 Business cycle accounting with model consistent expectations
by Bäurle, Gregor & Burren, Daniel
- 20-24 On public capital hypothesis with breaks
by Musolesi, Antonio
- 25-27 Low-probability rational spillovers
by Kivi, Paul A. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 28-31 The Janus-headed salvation: Sovereign and bank credit risk premia during 2008-2009
by Ejsing, Jacob & Lemke, Wolfgang
- 32-35 Subsidization to induce tipping
by Shafran, Aric P. & Lepore, Jason J.
- 36-37 Adam Smith's answer to the Feldstein-Horioka Paradox: The invisible hand revisited
by Yasutomi, Ayumu & Horioka, Charles Yuji
- 38-40 Union membership and employment dynamics: A note
by Dittrich, Marcus & Schirwitz, Beate
- 41-44 Asymmetric reduced form Auctions
by Mierendorff, Konrad
- 45-48 Perceived unfairness in CEO compensation and work morale
by Cornelißen, T. & Himmler, O. & Koenig, T.
- 49-51 Tests for distributional treatment effects under unconfoundedness
by Maier, Michael
- 52-55 Which terror at which cost? On the economic consequences of terrorist attacks
by Llussá, Fernanda & Tavares, José
- 56-59 Maskin monotonicity and infinite individuals
by Cato, Susumu
- 60-63 An anti-ideal point representation of economic discrete choice models
by Bordley, Robert F.
- 64-66 Collateral constraints and the amplification-persistence trade-off
by Pintus, Patrick A.
- 67-70 The exact bias of s2 in linear panel regressions with spatial autocorrelation
by Hanck, Christoph & Krämer, Walter
2010, Volume 109, Issue 3
- 139-141 Sequential auctions with synergies: The paradox of positive synergies
by Leufkens, Kasper & Peeters, Ronald & Vermeulen, Dries
- 142-143 Evaluating the sample likelihood of linearized DSGE models without the use of the Kalman filter
by Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín
- 144-146 False posteriors for the long-term growth determinants
by Charemza, Wojciech W. & Strachan, Rodney & Zurawski, Piotr
- 147-149 Child policy solutions for the unemployment problem
by Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca
- 150-153 Oligopoly price discrimination with many prices
by Hazledine, Tim
- 154-156 The class of absolute decomposable inequality measures
by Bosmans, Kristof & Cowell, Frank A.
- 157-160 Young and innocent: International evidence on age effects within grades on victimization in elementary school
by Mühlenweg, Andrea M.
- 161-163 On lottery sales, jackpot sizes and irrationality: A cautionary note
by Peel, D.A.
- 164-167 Signaling drive over the long term
by Li, Wei
- 168-170 Relative status and satisfaction
by Boes, Stefan & Staub, Kevin & Winkelmann, Rainer
- 171-174 Identification of unconditional partial effects in nonseparable models
by Rothe, Christoph
- 175-178 Building a composite Help-Wanted Index
by Barnichon, Regis
- 179-182 Returns to schooling in self-employment
by Iversen, Jens & Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj & Sørensen, Anders
- 183-186 On production costs in vertical differentiation models
by Brécard, Dorothée
- 187-189 Process fairness and dynamic consistency
by Trautmann, Stefan T. & Wakker, Peter P.
- 190-192 Job matching, technological progress, and worker-provided on-the-job training
by Centeno, Mário & Corrêa, Márcio
- 193-196 "Hyperbolic" discounting: A recursive formulation and an application to economic growth
by Coury, Tarek & Dave, Chetan
2010, Volume 109, Issue 2
- 57-62 Investigating the asymptotic properties of import elasticity estimates
by Soderbery, Anson
- 63-65 Is the wage curve formal or informal? Evidence for Colombia
by Ramos, Raul & Duque, Juan C. & Surinach, Jordi
- 66-68 Land and population growth in the Solow growth model: Some empirical evidence
by Karras, Georgios
- 69-71 Joint liability borrowing and suicide: The case of Japan
by Chen, Joe & Choi, Yun Jeong & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 72-74 Comparing Bertrand and Cournot in mixed markets
by Ghosh, Arghya & Mitra, Manipushpak
- 75-78 Conditional means of the dependent variable in a double-selection model: The roles of diet and exercise in body weight
by Yen, Steven T. & Rosinski, Jan
- 79-81 Battese-coelli estimator with endogenous regressors
by Kutlu, Levent
- 82-84 Systematic and varying biases in parallel state contingent gambling markets
by Johnson, J.E.V. & Peel, D. & Peirson, J.
- 85-87 Trade and welfare: Does industrial organization matter?
by Balistreri, Edward J. & Hillberry, Russell H. & Rutherford, Thomas F.
- 88-90 Testing a conditional form of exogeneity
by White, Halbert & Chalak, Karim
- 91-93 Corporate reserves--Do they hurt economic growth?: Some empirical evidence from OECD countries
by Hahn, Franz R.
- 94-98 On the non-existence of optimal programs in the Robinson-Solow-Srinivasan (RSS) model
by Khan, M. Ali & Piazza, Adriana
- 99-101 Intellectual property protection and innovation: an inverted-U relationship
by Furukawa, Yuichi
- 102-104 The effect of the Internet on service trade
by Choi, Changkyu
- 105-107 How changes in unemployment benefit duration affect the inflow into unemployment
by Tuit, Sander & van Ours, Jan C.
- 108-111 Layoffs, quits and wage negotiations
by Gielen, Anne C. & van Ours, Jan C.
- 112-114 Cross-border merger, vertical structure, and spatial competition
by Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata
- 115-120 Incentive effects on risk attitude in small probability prospects
by Lefebvre, Mathieu & Vieider, Ferdinand M. & Villeval, Marie Claire
- 121-123 Co-movement of public spending in the G7
by Albanese, Giuseppe & Modica, Salvatore
- 124-127 On-the-job search and wage dispersion: New evidence from time use data
by Mueller, Andreas
- 128-130 Dynamic cost-benefit analysis of large projects: The role of capital cost
by Li, Chuan-Zhong & Löfgren, Karl-Gustaf
- 131-133 Enhancing market power by reducing switching costs
by Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans & Provoost, Thomas
- 134-138 Welfare effects of unanticipated policy changes with complete asset markets
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko
2010, Volume 109, Issue 1
- 1-3 Half-life bias correction and the G7 stock markets
by Kim, Hyeongwoo & Stern, Liliana V. & Stern, Michael L.
- 4-6 How well do experts predict interbank loan rates and spreads?
by Baghestani, Hamid
- 7-10 Habit and long memory in UK lottery sales
by McHale, I.G. & Peel, D.A.
- 11-13 Consumer sorting of vertically differentiated goods
by Ferrier, Peyton & Liu, Qihong
- 14-16 Firm dissolution in high-tech sectors: An analysis of closure and M&A
by Grilli, Luca & Piva, Evila & Lamastra, Cristina Rossi
- 17-19 Transitional dynamics in the Ramsey model with AK technology and logistic population change
by Guerrini, Luca
- 20-23 Inequality-seeking punishment
by Houser, Daniel & Xiao, Erte
- 24-27 Bounds on ATE with discrete outcomes
by Hahn, Jinyong
- 28-30 The empirics of inflation in China
by Chow, Gregory C. & Wang, Peng
- 31-33 Evolutionary bargaining with intentional idiosyncratic play
by Naidu, Suresh & Hwang, Sung-Ha & Bowles, Samuel
- 34-37 Prudence probability premium
by Jindapon, Paan
- 38-41 Limitations of the relative standard deviation of win percentages for measuring competitive balance in sports leagues
by Owen, P. Dorian
- 42-45 The bias to order T-Â 2 for the general k-class estimator in a simultaneous equation model
by Iglesias, Emma M. & Phillips, Garry D.A.
- 46-49 Equilibrium in prediction markets with buyers and sellers
by Agrawal, Shipra & Megiddo, Nimrod & Armbruster, Benjamin
- 50-53 Heterogeneous car buyers: A stylized fact
by Aizcorbe, Ana & Bridgman, Benjamin & Nalewaik, Jeremy
- 54-56 Betterment taxes, capital gains and benefit cost ratios
by Coleman, Andrew & Grimes, Arthur
2010, Volume 108, Issue 3
- 249-252 Reduced smoking and rising obesity: Does smoking ban in the workplace matter?
by Liu, Feng & Zhang, Ning & Cheng, Kai-Wen & Wang, Hua
- 253-256 The superior measure of PSID consumption: An update
by Guo, Sheng
- 257-259 Conditional forecasts and uncertainty about forecast revisions in vector autoregressions
by Jarocinski, Marek
- 260-263 Students' beliefs about peer effects
by Foster, Gigi & Frijters, Paul
- 264-268 Common agency, organizational design and the hold-up problem
by Carrasco, Vinicius
- 269-272 Inflation dynamics under habit formation in hours
by Kamber, Günes
- 273-276 Estimating simultaneous games with incomplete information under median restrictions
by Tang, Xun
- 277-279 Pure strategy equilibria in Bertrand games with discontinuous demand and asymmetric tie-breaking rules
by Bagh, Adib
- 280-282 Labor quality growth in Germany
by Schwerdt, Guido & Turunen, Jarkko
- 283-285 Nash implementation theory -- A note on full characterizations
by Korpela, Ville
- 286-290 Casting the naturalization of asylum seekers as an economic problem
by Stark, Oded
- 291-295 Another problem in the estimation of intergenerational income mobility
by Muller, Seán M.
- 296-298 An examination of the utility bearing characteristics of occupations: A factor analytical approach
by Wells, Robert
- 299-302 Single-valuedness of the demand correspondence and strict convexity of preferences: An equivalence result
by Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo
- 303-306 Reserve prices in a dynamic auction when bidders are capacity-constrained
by Saini, Viplav
- 307-310 A note on information revelation in procurement auctions
by Doni, Nicola & Menicucci, Domenico
- 311-313 Is the real price of equipment a good measure for investment-specific technological change?
by Kim, Kwang Hwan
- 314-317 Time preference and the welfare effects of tie-in sales
by Heubrandner, Florian & Skiera, Bernd
- 318-321 Identification and overidentification in SVECMs
by Lucke, Bernd
- 322-326 Sufficient communication in repeated games with imperfect private monitoring
by Li, Rui
- 327-329 SP/A and CPT: A reconciliation of two behavioral decision theories
by Rieger, Marc Oliver
- 330-333 The reality of reality television: Does reality TV influence local crime rates?
by Chiou, Lesley & Lopez, Mary
- 334-336 A simple spatial model for Edgeworth Cycles
by Wills-Johnson, Nick & Bloch, Harry
- 337-340 Private monitoring games and decisions under uncertainty
by Takizawa, Shinichiro
- 341-344 Minimum wages and excessive effort supply
by Kräkel, Matthias & Schöttner, Anja
- 345-348 Sorting, incentives and risk preferences: Evidence from a field experiment
by Bellemare, Charles & Shearer, Bruce
- 349-351 Derivation of the Hicks, or direct, elasticity of substitution using the input distance function
by Stern, David I.
- 352-354 The number of pure strategy Nash equilibria in random multi-team games
by Stanford, William
2010, Volume 108, Issue 2
- 105-108 Optimal observability in a linear income tax
by Slemrod, Joel & Traxler, Christian
- 109-112 Semiparametric information bound of dynamic discrete choice models
by Buchinsky, Moshe & Hahn, Jinyong & Kim, Kyoo il
- 113-115 Commercializing public technology through cooperative R&D
by Ciccotello, Conrad S. & Fu, Richard & Subramanian, Ajay
- 116-118 Is skilled immigration always good for growth in the receiving economy?
by Azarnert, Leonid V.
- 119-121 The pricing of bank debt guarantees
by Arping, Stefan
- 122-125 A new test of the inflation-real marginal cost relationship: ARDL bounds approach
by Kontonikas, Alexandros
- 126-129 Threshold effects of inflation on economic growth in developing countries
by Bick, Alexander
- 130-133 Equilibrium price distribution with directed technical change
by Gil, Pedro Mazeda & Figueiredo, Fernanda & Afonso, Oscar
- 134-136 Demand and choice elasticities for a separable product group
by Smith, Brett & Abdoolakhan, Zeenat & Taplin, John
- 137-140 Does the color of the collar matter? Employment and earnings after plant closure
by Schwerdt, Guido & Ichino, Andrea & Ruf, Oliver & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimüller, Josef
- 141-144 Fixed cost, number of firms, and skill premium: An alternative source for rising wage inequality
by Kurokawa, Yoshinori
- 145-148 Aggregate economic shocks and infant mortality: New evidence for middle-income countries
by Schady, Norbert & Smitz, Marc-Francois
- 149-152 Level-k reasoning in contests
by Bernard, Mark
- 153-155 Fitting Lorenz curves
by Helene, Otaviano
- 156-158 A generalization of the Atkinson-Stiglitz (1976) theorem on the undesirability of nonuniform excise taxation
by Hellwig, Martin F.
- 159-162 On the recent divergence between measures of the money supply in the UK
by Rayton, Bruce A. & Pavlyk, Khrystyna
- 163-166 International cross-holdings of bonds in a two-good DSGE model
by Amdur, David
- 167-171 Is there a financial accelerator in US banking?: Evidence from the cyclicality of banks' price-cost margins
by Aliaga-Díaz, Roger & Olivero, María Pía
- 172-174 The impact of U.S. central bank communication on European and pacific equity markets
by Hayo, Bernd & Kutan, Ali M. & Neuenkirch, Matthias
- 175-177 Career concerns and ambiguity aversion
by Rasmusen, Eric
- 178-180 Transition of social welfare in the European country clubs
by Christodoulakis, George A. & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel C.
- 181-183 Multinational production and choice of technologies: New evidence on skill-biased technological change from China
by Li, Ben
- 184-186 How much stock return predictability can we expect from an asset pricing model?
by Zhou, Guofu
- 187-189 Can behavioral finance models account for historical asset prices?
by ap Gwilym, Rhys
- 190-192 Scale economies and intra-industry trade
by Clark, Don P.
- 193-196 Do investors respond to tax reform? Evidence from a natural experiment in Germany
by Sauter, Nicolas & Winter, Joachim
- 197-200 Individual Retirement Accounts, saving and labor supply
by Kitao, Sagiri
- 201-204 Voluntary implementation when the planner is a player
by Liu, Changchen & Luo, Yunfeng & Zeng, Nvpo
- 205-207 Fundamentals behind house prices
by Li, Bin & Zeng, Zhixiong
- 208-211 Frictional matching: Evidence from law school admission
by Courty, Pascal & Pagliero, Mario
- 212-214 Behavior under social pressure: Empty Italian stadiums and referee bias
by Pettersson-Lidbom, Per & Priks, Mikael
- 215-218 What is the cost of venting? Evidence from eBay
by Li, Lingfang (Ivy)
- 219-221 Adverse selection, endogenous borrowing constraints and firm growth
by Fishman, Arthur & Krausz, Miriam
- 222-224 Base consumption levels and fixed costs
by Randon, Emanuela & Simmons, Peter
- 225-228 A note on the Cliff and Ord test for spatial correlation in panel models
by Mutl, Jan & Pfaffermayr, Michael
- 229-232 Alternative characterizations of the proportional solution for nonconvex bargaining problems with claims
by Lombardi, Michele & Yoshihara, Naoki
- 233-236 Is there any asymmetry in the effect of inflation on relative price variability?
by Choi, Chi-Young & Kim, Young Se
- 237-241 The effect of children on specialization and coordination of partners' activities
by Le, Anh T. & Miller, Paul W.
- 242-244 Consumer networks and firm reputation: A first experimental investigation
by Huck, Steffen & Lünser, Gabriele K. & Tyran, Jean-Robert
- 245-248 Rationality around the clock: Sleep and time-of-day effects on guessing game responses
by Dickinson, David L. & McElroy, Todd
2010, Volume 108, Issue 1
- 1-3 Efficient and strategy-proof voting over connected coalitions: A possibility result
by Block, Veronica
- 4-6 Existence of an interim and ex-ante minimax point for an asymmetric information game
by Pesce, Marialaura & Yannelis, Nicholas C.
- 7-9 Stochastic volatility and DSGE models
by Andreasen, Martin M.
- 10-12 Physical appearance and wages: Do blondes have more fun?
by Johnston, David W.
- 13-15 Preferences and normal goods: An easy-to-check necessary and sufficient condition
by Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo
- 16-18 Persuasion in experimental ultimatum games
by Andersson, Ola & Galizzi, Matteo M. & Hoppe, Tim & Kranz, Sebastian & der Wiel, Karen van & Wengström, Erik
- 19-21 Creditor protection and banking system development in India
by Deakin, Simon & Demetriades, Panicos & James, Gregory A.
- 22-25 Cash transfer programs and child health in Brazil
by Reis, Mauricio
- 26-27 On MQS regulation, innovation and market coverage
by Bacchiega, Emanuele & Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea
- 28-32 Can the Fed predict the state of the economy?
by Sinclair, Tara M. & Joutz, Fred & Stekler, H.O.
- 33-35 You CAN Carlson-Parkin
by Müller, Christian
- 36-39 Cross-sectional averaging and instrumental variable estimation with many weak instruments
by Kapetanios, George & Marcellino, Massimiliano
- 40-42 On cost restrictions in spatial competition models with heterogeneous firms
by Alderighi, Marco & Piga, Claudio A.
- 43-45 A multilateral telephone bargaining game
by Li, Duozhe
- 46-48 Do employers change job offers in their online job ads to facilitate search?
by Brencic, Vera & Norris, John B.
- 49-51 Declining prices in sequential auctions with complete revelation of bids
by Kannan, Karthik N.
- 52-54 Do breakup fees lead to efficient takeover?
by Che, Yeon-Koo & Kim, Jinwoo & Lewis, Tracy R.
- 55-57 The forward premium puzzle in the interwar period and deviations from covered interest parity
by Paya, Ivan & Peel, David A. & Spiru, Alina
- 58-61 Signal jamming in a sequential auction
by Ding, Wei & Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Wolfstetter, Elmar G.
- 62-64 The effects of Japanese interventions on FX-forecast heterogeneity
by Reitz, Stefan & Stadtmann, Georg & Taylor, Mark P.
- 65-68 Improved GMM estimation of the spatial autoregressive error model
by Arnold, Matthias & Wied, Dominik
- 69-72 Improving imputations of top incomes in the public-use current population survey by using both cell-means and variances
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Feng, Shuaizhang & Larrimore, Jeff
- 73-76 Two geometric representations of confidence intervals for ratios of linear combinations of regression parameters: An application to the NAIRU
by Hirschberg, J.G. & Lye, J.N.
- 77-80 Pooling data in poverty mapping
by Pan, Lei
- 81-84 Statistical arbitrage with default and collateral
by Fajardo, José & Lacerda, Ana
- 85-88 Persistence and time-varying coefficients
by McMillan, David G. & Wohar, Mark E.
- 89-92 The informational structure of migration decision and migrants self-selection
by Bertoli, Simone