2010, Volume 109, Issue 1
2010, Volume 108, Issue 3
- 249-252 Reduced smoking and rising obesity: Does smoking ban in the workplace matter?
by Liu, Feng & Zhang, Ning & Cheng, Kai-Wen & Wang, Hua
- 253-256 The superior measure of PSID consumption: An update
by Guo, Sheng
- 257-259 Conditional forecasts and uncertainty about forecast revisions in vector autoregressions
by Jarocinski, Marek
- 260-263 Students' beliefs about peer effects
by Foster, Gigi & Frijters, Paul
- 264-268 Common agency, organizational design and the hold-up problem
by Carrasco, Vinicius
- 269-272 Inflation dynamics under habit formation in hours
by Kamber, Günes
- 273-276 Estimating simultaneous games with incomplete information under median restrictions
by Tang, Xun
- 277-279 Pure strategy equilibria in Bertrand games with discontinuous demand and asymmetric tie-breaking rules
by Bagh, Adib
- 280-282 Labor quality growth in Germany
by Schwerdt, Guido & Turunen, Jarkko
- 283-285 Nash implementation theory -- A note on full characterizations
by Korpela, Ville
- 286-290 Casting the naturalization of asylum seekers as an economic problem
by Stark, Oded
- 291-295 Another problem in the estimation of intergenerational income mobility
by Muller, Seán M.
- 296-298 An examination of the utility bearing characteristics of occupations: A factor analytical approach
by Wells, Robert
- 299-302 Single-valuedness of the demand correspondence and strict convexity of preferences: An equivalence result
by Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo
- 303-306 Reserve prices in a dynamic auction when bidders are capacity-constrained
by Saini, Viplav
- 307-310 A note on information revelation in procurement auctions
by Doni, Nicola & Menicucci, Domenico
- 311-313 Is the real price of equipment a good measure for investment-specific technological change?
by Kim, Kwang Hwan
- 314-317 Time preference and the welfare effects of tie-in sales
by Heubrandner, Florian & Skiera, Bernd
- 318-321 Identification and overidentification in SVECMs
by Lucke, Bernd
- 322-326 Sufficient communication in repeated games with imperfect private monitoring
by Li, Rui
- 327-329 SP/A and CPT: A reconciliation of two behavioral decision theories
by Rieger, Marc Oliver
- 330-333 The reality of reality television: Does reality TV influence local crime rates?
by Chiou, Lesley & Lopez, Mary
- 334-336 A simple spatial model for Edgeworth Cycles
by Wills-Johnson, Nick & Bloch, Harry
- 337-340 Private monitoring games and decisions under uncertainty
by Takizawa, Shinichiro
- 341-344 Minimum wages and excessive effort supply
by Kräkel, Matthias & Schöttner, Anja
- 345-348 Sorting, incentives and risk preferences: Evidence from a field experiment
by Bellemare, Charles & Shearer, Bruce
- 349-351 Derivation of the Hicks, or direct, elasticity of substitution using the input distance function
by Stern, David I.
- 352-354 The number of pure strategy Nash equilibria in random multi-team games
by Stanford, William
2010, Volume 108, Issue 2
- 105-108 Optimal observability in a linear income tax
by Slemrod, Joel & Traxler, Christian
- 109-112 Semiparametric information bound of dynamic discrete choice models
by Buchinsky, Moshe & Hahn, Jinyong & Kim, Kyoo il
- 113-115 Commercializing public technology through cooperative R&D
by Ciccotello, Conrad S. & Fu, Richard & Subramanian, Ajay
- 116-118 Is skilled immigration always good for growth in the receiving economy?
by Azarnert, Leonid V.
- 119-121 The pricing of bank debt guarantees
by Arping, Stefan
- 122-125 A new test of the inflation-real marginal cost relationship: ARDL bounds approach
by Kontonikas, Alexandros
- 126-129 Threshold effects of inflation on economic growth in developing countries
by Bick, Alexander
- 130-133 Equilibrium price distribution with directed technical change
by Gil, Pedro Mazeda & Figueiredo, Fernanda & Afonso, Oscar
- 134-136 Demand and choice elasticities for a separable product group
by Smith, Brett & Abdoolakhan, Zeenat & Taplin, John
- 137-140 Does the color of the collar matter? Employment and earnings after plant closure
by Schwerdt, Guido & Ichino, Andrea & Ruf, Oliver & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimüller, Josef
- 141-144 Fixed cost, number of firms, and skill premium: An alternative source for rising wage inequality
by Kurokawa, Yoshinori
- 145-148 Aggregate economic shocks and infant mortality: New evidence for middle-income countries
by Schady, Norbert & Smitz, Marc-Francois
- 149-152 Level-k reasoning in contests
by Bernard, Mark
- 153-155 Fitting Lorenz curves
by Helene, Otaviano
- 156-158 A generalization of the Atkinson-Stiglitz (1976) theorem on the undesirability of nonuniform excise taxation
by Hellwig, Martin F.
- 159-162 On the recent divergence between measures of the money supply in the UK
by Rayton, Bruce A. & Pavlyk, Khrystyna
- 163-166 International cross-holdings of bonds in a two-good DSGE model
by Amdur, David
- 167-171 Is there a financial accelerator in US banking?: Evidence from the cyclicality of banks' price-cost margins
by Aliaga-Díaz, Roger & Olivero, María Pía
- 172-174 The impact of U.S. central bank communication on European and pacific equity markets
by Hayo, Bernd & Kutan, Ali M. & Neuenkirch, Matthias
- 175-177 Career concerns and ambiguity aversion
by Rasmusen, Eric
- 178-180 Transition of social welfare in the European country clubs
by Christodoulakis, George A. & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel C.
- 181-183 Multinational production and choice of technologies: New evidence on skill-biased technological change from China
by Li, Ben
- 184-186 How much stock return predictability can we expect from an asset pricing model?
by Zhou, Guofu
- 187-189 Can behavioral finance models account for historical asset prices?
by ap Gwilym, Rhys
- 190-192 Scale economies and intra-industry trade
by Clark, Don P.
- 193-196 Do investors respond to tax reform? Evidence from a natural experiment in Germany
by Sauter, Nicolas & Winter, Joachim
- 197-200 Individual Retirement Accounts, saving and labor supply
by Kitao, Sagiri
- 201-204 Voluntary implementation when the planner is a player
by Liu, Changchen & Luo, Yunfeng & Zeng, Nvpo
- 205-207 Fundamentals behind house prices
by Li, Bin & Zeng, Zhixiong
- 208-211 Frictional matching: Evidence from law school admission
by Courty, Pascal & Pagliero, Mario
- 212-214 Behavior under social pressure: Empty Italian stadiums and referee bias
by Pettersson-Lidbom, Per & Priks, Mikael
- 215-218 What is the cost of venting? Evidence from eBay
by Li, Lingfang (Ivy)
- 219-221 Adverse selection, endogenous borrowing constraints and firm growth
by Fishman, Arthur & Krausz, Miriam
- 222-224 Base consumption levels and fixed costs
by Randon, Emanuela & Simmons, Peter
- 225-228 A note on the Cliff and Ord test for spatial correlation in panel models
by Mutl, Jan & Pfaffermayr, Michael
- 229-232 Alternative characterizations of the proportional solution for nonconvex bargaining problems with claims
by Lombardi, Michele & Yoshihara, Naoki
- 233-236 Is there any asymmetry in the effect of inflation on relative price variability?
by Choi, Chi-Young & Kim, Young Se
- 237-241 The effect of children on specialization and coordination of partners' activities
by Le, Anh T. & Miller, Paul W.
- 242-244 Consumer networks and firm reputation: A first experimental investigation
by Huck, Steffen & Lünser, Gabriele K. & Tyran, Jean-Robert
- 245-248 Rationality around the clock: Sleep and time-of-day effects on guessing game responses
by Dickinson, David L. & McElroy, Todd
2010, Volume 108, Issue 1
- 1-3 Efficient and strategy-proof voting over connected coalitions: A possibility result
by Block, Veronica
- 4-6 Existence of an interim and ex-ante minimax point for an asymmetric information game
by Pesce, Marialaura & Yannelis, Nicholas C.
- 7-9 Stochastic volatility and DSGE models
by Andreasen, Martin M.
- 10-12 Physical appearance and wages: Do blondes have more fun?
by Johnston, David W.
- 13-15 Preferences and normal goods: An easy-to-check necessary and sufficient condition
by Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo
- 16-18 Persuasion in experimental ultimatum games
by Andersson, Ola & Galizzi, Matteo M. & Hoppe, Tim & Kranz, Sebastian & der Wiel, Karen van & Wengström, Erik
- 19-21 Creditor protection and banking system development in India
by Deakin, Simon & Demetriades, Panicos & James, Gregory A.
- 22-25 Cash transfer programs and child health in Brazil
by Reis, Mauricio
- 26-27 On MQS regulation, innovation and market coverage
by Bacchiega, Emanuele & Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea
- 28-32 Can the Fed predict the state of the economy?
by Sinclair, Tara M. & Joutz, Fred & Stekler, H.O.
- 33-35 You CAN Carlson-Parkin
by Müller, Christian
- 36-39 Cross-sectional averaging and instrumental variable estimation with many weak instruments
by Kapetanios, George & Marcellino, Massimiliano
- 40-42 On cost restrictions in spatial competition models with heterogeneous firms
by Alderighi, Marco & Piga, Claudio A.
- 43-45 A multilateral telephone bargaining game
by Li, Duozhe
- 46-48 Do employers change job offers in their online job ads to facilitate search?
by Brencic, Vera & Norris, John B.
- 49-51 Declining prices in sequential auctions with complete revelation of bids
by Kannan, Karthik N.
- 52-54 Do breakup fees lead to efficient takeover?
by Che, Yeon-Koo & Kim, Jinwoo & Lewis, Tracy R.
- 55-57 The forward premium puzzle in the interwar period and deviations from covered interest parity
by Paya, Ivan & Peel, David A. & Spiru, Alina
- 58-61 Signal jamming in a sequential auction
by Ding, Wei & Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Wolfstetter, Elmar G.
- 62-64 The effects of Japanese interventions on FX-forecast heterogeneity
by Reitz, Stefan & Stadtmann, Georg & Taylor, Mark P.
- 65-68 Improved GMM estimation of the spatial autoregressive error model
by Arnold, Matthias & Wied, Dominik
- 69-72 Improving imputations of top incomes in the public-use current population survey by using both cell-means and variances
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Feng, Shuaizhang & Larrimore, Jeff
- 73-76 Two geometric representations of confidence intervals for ratios of linear combinations of regression parameters: An application to the NAIRU
by Hirschberg, J.G. & Lye, J.N.
- 77-80 Pooling data in poverty mapping
by Pan, Lei
- 81-84 Statistical arbitrage with default and collateral
by Fajardo, José & Lacerda, Ana
- 85-88 Persistence and time-varying coefficients
by McMillan, David G. & Wohar, Mark E.
- 89-92 The informational structure of migration decision and migrants self-selection
by Bertoli, Simone
- 93-95 To lead or not to lead: Endogenous sequencing in public goods games
by Haigner, Stefan D. & Wakolbinger, Florian
- 96-99 The Hausman pretest estimator
by Chmelarova, Viera & Hill, R. Carter
- 100-100 A remark on "Decomposition of bivariate inequality indices by attributes" by Abul Naga and Geoffard, Economics Letters 90 (2006), pp. 362-367
by Brambilla, Marco Giovanni & Peluso, Eugenio
- 101-103 Stock return predictability despite low autocorrelation
by Amini, Shima & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin
- 104-104 Retraction notice to "The convergence of fictitious play in games with strategic complementarities" [Economics Letters 99 (2008) 304-306]
by Hahn, Sunku
2010, Volume 107, Issue 3
- 315-317 Are student flows a significant channel of R&D spillovers from the north to the south?
by Le, Thanh
- 318-320 A revisitation of the savings-growth nexus in Mexico
by Masih, Rumi & Peters, Sanjay
- 321-323 Is the spurious regression problem spurious?
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 324-326 Calculating upper and lower probability bounds on the outcomes of large entry games
by Cohen, Andrew
- 327-329 Fixed, random, or something in between? A variant of Hausman's specification test for panel data estimators
by Frondel, Manuel & Vance, Colin
- 330-332 On the design of piece-rate contracts
by Bose, Arup & Pal, Debashis & Sappington, David E.M.
- 333-337 Financial shocks and the maturity of the monetary policy rate
by Gerlach-Kristen, Petra & Rudolf, Barbara
- 338-340 The impact of aid on growth revisited: Do donor motives matter?
by Kilby, Christopher & Dreher, Axel
- 341-344 Stock prices and demographic structure: A cointegration approach
by Bae, Youngsoo
- 345-349 Buy-price auction: A distributional approach
by Zhong, Hongjun
- 350-353 How should the distant future be discounted when discount rates are uncertain?
by Gollier, Christian & Weitzman, Martin L.
- 354-355 A characterization of the Copeland solution
by Sanver, M. Remzi & Selçuk, Özer
- 356-359 Bertrand competition with cost uncertainty
by Routledge, Robert R.
- 360-363 Natural resources and income inequality: The role of ethnic divisions
by Fum, Ruikang Marcus & Hodler, Roland
- 364-365 Pareto efficient Nash equilibria in discontinuous games
by Scalzo, Vincenzo
2010, Volume 107, Issue 2
- 81-84 Increasing PAYG pension benefits and reducing contribution rates
by Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca
- 85-87 An axiomatic characterization of the Baker-Thompson rule
by Fragnelli, Vito & Marina, Maria Erminia
- 88-90 Conditionally heteroscedastic unobserved component models and their reduced form
by Pellegrini, Santiago & Ruiz, Esther & Espasa, Antoni
- 91-94 Comparing three ways to update Choquet beliefs
by Eichberger, Jürgen & Grant, Simon & Kelsey, David
- 95-98 Factor forecasting using international targeted predictors: The case of German GDP
by Schumacher, Christian
- 99-101 Work ethic, Protestantism, and human capital
by Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Torgler, Benno
- 102-104 Is there a trade-off between income inequality and corruption? Evidence from Latin America
by Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn
- 105-111 Stationarity and mixing properties of the dynamic Tobit model
by Hahn, Jinyong & Kuersteiner, Guido
- 112-114 Information can wreck cooperation: A counterpoint to Kandori (1992)
by Kamada, Yuichiro & Kominers, Scott Duke
- 115-118 Bargaining over perfect complements owned separately: With experimental test
by Yu, Ning & Chmura, Thorsten & Pitz, Thomas & Sun, Ning
- 119-121 Single profile of preferences with variable societies: A characterization of simple majority rule
by Xu, Yongsheng & Zhong, Zhen
- 122-124 A marketing scheme for making money off innocent people: A user's manual
by Basu, Kaushik
- 125-127 Family background and gender differences in educational expectations
by Kleinjans, Kristin J.
- 128-130 When discretion is better: Initial conditions and the timeless perspective
by Sauer, Stephan
- 131-133 Unemployment, market work and household production
by Burda, Michael C. & Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 134-135 Red herrings: Some thoughts on the meaning of zero-probability events and mathematical modeling
by Karni, Edi
- 136-141 Vertical aspects of male-female disparity in the labor market
by Baguelin, Olivier
- 142-144 Hepatitis B does not explain male-biased sex ratios in China
by Oster, Emily & Chen, Gang & Yu, Xinsen & Lin, Wenyao
- 145-147 Taxation of profits when there are profits
by Gersovitz, Mark
- 148-151 Ricardian equivalence for local government bonds: A utility maximization approach
by Hatfield, John William
- 152-154 R&D and economic growth: How strong is the link?
by Pessoa, Argentino
- 155-157 Does budget deficit lower equity prices in USA?
by Quayes, Shakil
- 158-160 Central bank transparency and shocks
by Laskar, Daniel
- 161-164 Housing price declines and household balance sheets
by Olsen, Randall & Dunn, Lucia
- 165-168 Spurious correlation under fractional integration in output series
by Dalkir, Mehmet
- 169-172 Soft landing in a Markov-switching economy
by Alexandre, Fernando & Bação, Pedro & Gabriel, Vasco
- 173-176 The effects of increasing financial incentives for firms to promote employment of disabled workers
by Wuellrich, Jean-Philippe
- 177-179 Does immigration boost per capita income?
by Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Hiller, Sanne & Sala, Davide
- 180-182 Averting risk in the face of large losses: Bernoulli vs. Tversky and Kahneman
by Bosch-Domènech, Antoni & Silvestre, Joaquim
- 183-186 The weighted method of moments approach for moment condition models
by Xiao, Zhiguo
- 187-189 The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market
by Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle
- 190-193 Nuisance parameter free inference on cointegration parameters in the presence of a variance shift
by Boswijk, H. Peter
- 194-197 Efficient provision of a public project (almost) without knowing the cost-sharing rule
by Mealem, Yosef
- 198-200 The intraday interest rate under a liquidity crisis: The case of August 2007
by Baglioni, Angelo & Monticini, Andrea
- 201-204 Product market competition, incentives and fraudulent behavior
by Andergassen, Rainer
- 205-207 A model of criminal sanctions that incorporate both deterrence and incapacitation
by Miceli, Thomas J.
- 208-210 Charitable giving under inequality aversion
by Derin-Güre, Pinar & Uler, Neslihan
- 211-213 FDI and economic growth: New evidence on the role of financial markets
by Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Law, Siong Hook & Ahmad, Abd Halim
- 214-216 International competition and employment
by Seidel, Tobias
- 217-219 Anticipated loser regret in third price auctions
by Filiz-Ozbay, Emel & Ozbay, Erkut Y.
- 220-223 Testing regression coefficients after model selection through sign restrictions
by Hassler, Uwe
- 224-228 The effect of Protestantism on education before the industrialization: Evidence from 1816 Prussia
by Becker, Sascha O. & Woessmann, Ludger
- 229-232 Do journals accept too many papers?
by Atal, Vidya
- 233-235 The power of apology
by Abeler, Johannes & Calaki, Juljana & Andree, Kai & Basek, Christoph
- 236-238 Do employers discriminate by gender? A field experiment in female-dominated occupations
by Booth, Alison & Leigh, Andrew
- 239-241 Local envy-freeness and equal-income Walrasian allocations
by Cato, Susumu
- 242-245 Deriving the wage-wage and price-price Phillips curves from a model with efficiency wages and imperfect information
by Campbell III, Carl M.
- 246-248 Monetary policy in a small open economy with durable goods and differing cash-in-advance constraints
by Mansoorian, Arman & Michelis, Leo
- 249-252 Revisiting a functional form for the Lorenz curve
by Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Sarabia, María
- 253-256 Employment effects of service offshoring: Evidence from matched firms
by Crinò, Rosario
- 257-260 An encompassing test for non-nested quantile regression models
by Kuan, Chung-Ming & Lin, Hsin-Yi
- 261-262 The threshold aggregation
by Aleskerov, Fuad & Chistyakov, Vyacheslav V. & Kalyagin, Valery
- 263-265 Multidimensional screening under nonlinear costs: Limits of standard approach
by Kokovin, Sergey & Nahata, Babu & Zhelobodko, Evgeny
- 266-269 Has the world moved forward? A robust multidimensional evaluation
by Decancq, Koen & Ooghe, Erwin
- 270-272 Who lets ethics guide his economic decision-making? An empirical analysis of individual investments in ethical funds
by Säve-Söderbergh, Jenny
- 273-275 What firms know
by Amin, Mohammad
- 276-280 Shirking and employment protection legislation: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Scoppa, Vincenzo
- 281-283 Bare promises: An experiment
by Charness, Gary & Dufwenberg, Martin
- 284-287 Royalty licensing
by San Martín, Marta & Saracho, Ana I.
- 288-290 Monotonicity and robustness of majority rule
by Ollár, Mariann
- 291-296 Testing hypotheses about interaction terms in nonlinear models
by Greene, William
- 297-299 Raising salary or redistributing it: A panel analysis of Major League Baseball
by Jane, Wen-Jhan
- 300-303 Internal and external habits and news-driven business cycles
by Nutahara, Kengo
- 304-309 Order aggressiveness and the diagonal effect in experimental double auction markets
by Majois, Christophe
- 310-312 On the existence of the maximum likelihood estimates in Poisson regression
by Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Tenreyro, Silvana
- 313-313 Corrigendum to "Functional forms for the negative binomial model for count data" [Economics Letters 99 (2008) 585-590]
by Raschke, Christian & Greene, William H.
2010, Volume 107, Issue 1
- 1-3 Sealed-bid auctions based on Cobb-Douglas utility function
by Liu, Shulin & Wang, Mingxi
- 4-6 Life satisfaction and transboundary air pollution
by Luechinger, Simon
- 7-9 Household willingness to pay and income pooling: A comment
by Ebert, Udo
- 10-12 The Potluck Problem
by Enumula, Prabodh Kumar & Rao, Shrisha
- 13-16 Openness, domestic performance and growth
by Li, Kui-Wai & Zhou, Xianbo
- 17-21 Recognizing progeny in the value of life
by Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan & Oeppen, Jim
- 22-25 Local power of consistent tests for serial correlation against the nearly integrated, nearly white noise process
by Deng, Ai
- 26-29 Asset pricing under information-processing constraints
by Luo, Yulei & Young, Eric R.
- 30-32 Layoff taxes and minimum wage: Two complementary public policies
by Gavrel, Frédéric & Lebon, Isabelle & Rebière, Thérèse
- 33-35 Endogenous regressor binary choice models without instruments, with an application to migration
by Dong, Yingying
- 36-38 On money and capital with durable goods
by Mansoorian, Arman & Michelis, Leo
- 39-41 Risk and savings: A taxonomy
by Gunning, Jan Willem
- 42-45 Last-minute bidding in eBay charity auctions
by Elfenbein, Daniel W. & McManus, Brian
- 46-48 The impact of foreign outsourcing on wage inequality in US manufacturing: New evidence
by Yamashita, Nobuaki
- 49-51 Statistical inference for multidimensional inequality indices
by Abul Naga, Ramses H.
- 52-54 Non-convexities and the gains from concealing defenses from committed terrorists
by Bernhardt, Dan & Polborn, Mattias K.
- 55-57 Estimating earnings trend using unobserved components framework
by Basistha, Arabinda & Kurov, Alexander
- 58-62 The costs and benefits of additional information in agency models with endogenous information structures
by Hoppe, Eva I. & Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 63-65 Financial determinants of firm dynamics: Evidence from a European panel
by Brückner, Markus