2009, Volume 103, Issue 1
- 62-64 Measuring the degree of time varying market inefficiency
by Ito, Mikio & Sugiyama, Shunsuke
2009, Volume 102, Issue 3
- 143-146 Does money still matter for U.S. output?
by Berger, Helge & Österholm, Pär
- 147-151 Does global slack matter more than domestic slack in determining U.S. inflation?
by Milani, Fabio
- 152-154 Giving it now or later: Altruism and discounting
by Kovarik, Jaromir
- 155-157 Hotelling competition with demand on parallel line
by Huang, Tao
- 158-160 Social trust and human capital formation
by Papagapitos, Agapitos & Riley, Robert
- 161-164 Linear and nonlinear causality between changes in consumption and consumer attitudes
by Qiao, Zhuo & McAleer, Michael & Wong, Wing-Keung
- 165-168 Transparency and product variety
by Schultz, Christian
- 169-173 A note on optimal allocation mechanisms
by Figueroa, Nicols & Skreta, Vasiliki
- 174-176 Making sense of the labor market height premium: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Case, Anne & Paxson, Christina & Islam, Mahnaz
- 177-180 Sticks and carrots: Two incentive mechanisms supporting intra-group cooperation
by Janus, Thorsten & Lim, Jamus Jerome
- 181-184 Spatial growth volatility and age-structured human capital dynamics in Europe
by Parhi, Mamata & Mishra, Tapas
- 185-188 Entry, access pricing, and welfare in the telecommunications industry
by Behringer, Stefan
- 189-191 Sibling-sex composition and its effects on fertility and labor supply of Greek mothers
by Daouli, Joan & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas
- 192-194 The role of egalitarian motives in altruistic punishment
by Johnson, Tim & Dawes, Christopher T. & Fowler, James H. & McElreath, Richard & Smirnov, Oleg
- 195-197 Investments in education: Too much or not enough?
by van der Meer, Peter H.
- 198-200 A note on noncompetes, bargaining and training by firms
by Meccheri, Nicola
2009, Volume 102, Issue 2
- 67-69 Private information in monopoly with random participation
by Saak, Alexander E.
- 70-72 Is there an optimistic bias on betting markets?
by Page, Lionel
- 73-75 Is the growing skill premium a purely metropolitan issue?
by Chung, Chul & Clark, Jeremy & Kim, Bonggeun
- 76-77 Internal adjustment costs in capital-intensive and labor-intensive industries
by Chakrabarti, Avik
- 78-82 Tests for a mean shift with good size and monotonic power
by Kejriwal, Mohitosh
- 83-86 Tests of bias in log-periodogram regression
by Davidson, James & Sibbertsen, Philipp
- 87-89 The second moments matter: The impact of macroeconomic uncertainty on the allocation of loanable funds
by Baum, Christopher F. & Caglayan, Mustafa & Ozkan, Neslihan
- 90-92 The wage curve in Russia, 1995-2005
by Shilov, Andrey & Möller, Joachim
- 93-95 Income mobility profiles
by Van Kerm, Philippe
- 96-98 On the dynamic implications of news shocks
by Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume
- 99-101 Payoff-dependent mistakes and q-resistant equilibrium
by Yi, Kang-Oh
- 102-105 The elasticity of the unemployment rate with respect to benefits
by Christoffel, Kai & Kuester, Keith
- 106-108 Measuring the determinants of business cycle synchronization using a panel approach
by Cerqueira, Pedro André & Martins, Rodrigo
- 109-111 Non-binding minimum taxes may foster tax competition
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 112-115 New evidence from the misery index in the crime function
by Tang, Chor Foon & Lean, Hooi Hooi
- 116-118 Alternatives to initialize the Parameterized Expectations Algorithm
by Pérez, Javier J. & Sánchez, A. Jesús
- 119-121 Monetary accommodation and unemployment: Why central bank transparency matters
by Spyromitros, Eleftherios & Zimmer, Blandine
- 122-124 Should students be used as subjects in experimental auctions?
by Depositario, Dinah Pura T. & Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M. & Wu, Ximing & Laude, Tiffany P.
- 125-127 Fiscal conservatism in a new democracy: "Sophisticated" versus "naïve" voters
by Arvate, Paulo Roberto & Avelino, George & Tavares, José
- 128-131 An algorithm for robust fitting of autoregressive models
by Politis, Dimitris N.
- 132-134 Specific or ad valorem tax for an exhaustible resource?
by Hung, N.M. & Quyen, N.V.
- 135-137 Outsourcing and optimal nonlinear taxation: A note
by Aronsson, Thomas & Koskela, Erkki
- 138-140 Political alternation and the fiscal deficits
by Rumi, Cecilia
- 141-141 Erratum to "A note on longevity enhancing investment" [Economics Letters 101 (2008) 57-59]
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Pestieau, Pierre
2009, Volume 102, Issue 1
- 1-3 A welfare economics foundation for the full-employment policy
by Otaki, Masayuki
- 4-6 On relative efficiency of quasi-MLE and GMM estimators of covariance structure models
by Prokhorov, Artem
- 7-9 Okun's law, creation of money and the decomposition of the rate of unemployment
by Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard
- 10-12 A dual elasticity of substitution production function with an application to cross-country inequality
by Antony, Jürgen
- 13-16 Is the market price of risk infinite?
by Cogley, Timothy
- 17-18 A note on binary choice duration models
by Basu, Deepankar & de Jong, Robert
- 19-21 Value data and the Bennet price and quantity indicators
by Cross, Robin M. & Färe, Rolf
- 22-26 Financial and labor market imperfections and investment
by Calcagnini, Giorgio & Giombini, Germana & Saltari, Enrico
- 27-29 Stock market sentiment and the draining of China's savings deposits
by Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Redfern, Luke
- 30-32 Changes in the order of integration of US and UK inflation
by Halunga, Andreea G. & Osborn, Denise R. & Sensier, Marianne
- 33-35 The miracle as a randomization device: A lesson from Richard Wagner's romantic opera Tannhäuser und der Sängerkrieg auf Wartburg
by Harmgart, Heike & Huck, Steffen & Müller, Wieland
- 36-38 Epsilon-Nash implementation
by Barlo, Mehmet & Dalkiran, Nuh Aygun
- 39-41 Mismeasurement of usual hours worked in the census and ACS
by Baum-Snow, Nathaniel & Neal, Derek
- 42-44 Corruption and left-wing beliefs in a post-socialist transition economy: Evidence from China's 'harmonious society'
by Smyth, Russell & Qian, Joanne Xiaolei
- 45-48 Are labor regulations driving computer usage in India's retail stores?
by Amin, Mohammad
- 49-52 On the sources of the black-white test score gap in Europe
by Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves
- 53-55 On the inefficiency of merger control
by Gürtler, Oliver & Kräkel, Matthias
- 56-58 Correlation of business cycles in the euro zone
by Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Rodrigues, Mauro & Soares, Tiago
- 59-61 Sampling at different frequencies, and the power of panel unit root tests
by Gutierrez, Luciano
- 62-65 Education, market rigidities and growth
by Aghion, Philippe & Askenazy, Philippe & Bourlès, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert & Dromel, Nicolas
2008, Volume 101, Issue 3
- 153-156 Extra! Extra! Some positive technology shocks are expansionary!
by Alexopoulos, Michelle
- 157-159 Trade openness and government size
by Benarroch, Michael & Pandey, Manish
- 160-163 Why are people more pro-trade than pro-migration?
by Mayda, Anna Maria
- 164-167 The price of terror: The effects of terrorism on stock market returns and volatility
by Arin, K. Peren & Ciferri, Davide & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 168-171 Obtaining analytic derivatives for a popular discrete-choice dynamic programming model
by Eberwein, Curtis & Ham, John C.
- 172-174 Winner's curse in toll road concessions
by Athias, Laure & Nuñez, Antonio
- 175-178 Conditional cooperation on three continents
by Kocher, Martin G. & Cherry, Todd & Kroll, Stephan & Netzer, Robert J. & Sutter, Matthias
- 179-183 Delegated contracting, information, and internal control
by Gick, Wolfgang
- 184-187 On the persistence of the Eonia spread
by Hassler, Uwe & Nautz, Dieter
- 188-192 Testing for unit roots in three-dimensional heterogeneous panels in the presence of cross-sectional dependence
by Giulietti, Monica & Otero, Jesús & Smith, Jeremy
- 193-195 What Fisher knew about his relation, we sometimes forget
by Arnwine, Neil & Yigit, Taner M.
- 196-198 Monetary politics in a monetary union: A note on common agency with rational expectations
by Ruta, Michele
- 199-201 An updated assessment of the Lucas supply curve and the inflation-output trade-off
by Abbott, Brant & Martínez, Cristina
- 202-205 What determines the output drop after an energy price increase: Household or firm energy share?
by Dhawan, Rajeev & Jeske, Karsten
- 206-209 How do different entitlements to unemployment benefits affect the transitions from unemployment into employment?
by Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro
- 210-213 Panel AR(1) estimators under misspecification
by Okui, Ryo
- 214-216 Private versus complete information in auctions
by Morath, Florian & Münster, Johannes
- 217-219 Duopoly can be more anti-competitive than monopoly
by Fujiwara, Kenji
- 220-222 The effect of temporary contracts on job security of permanent workers
by Koutentakis, Franciscos
- 223-226 Temporal aggregation, cointegration and causality inference
by Rajaguru, Gulasekaran & Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 227-229 Advertising as a signaling device: Simulated maximum likelihood estimation of a multiple random effects count data model
by Hellström, Jörgen & Rudholm, Niklas
- 230-233 Initial conditions and the outcome of economic reform
by Kaltani, Linda & Loayza, Norman V.
- 234-236 Acceleration effect of uncertainty on technological diffusion
by Oikawa, Koki
- 237-240 Cournot and Bertrand-Edgeworth competition when rivals' costs are unknown
by Lepore, Jason J.
- 241-242 A note on optimal paternalism and health capital subsidies
by Aronsson, Thomas & Thunström, Linda
- 243-245 Applicant behaviour in patent examination request lags
by Palangkaraya, Alfons & Jensen, Paul H. & Webster, Elizabeth
- 246-248 Are cash transfers made to women spent like other sources of income?
by Schady, Norbert & Rosero, José
- 249-252 Bargaining with many players: A limit result
by Kultti, Klaus & Vartiainen, Hannu
- 253-257 Double-Length Regression tests for testing functional forms and spatial error dependence
by Le, Canh Quang & Li, Dong
- 258-261 A vector integer-valued moving average model for high frequency financial count data
by Quoreshi, A.M.M. Shahiduzzaman
- 262-264 Vertical mergers and downstream spatial competition with different product varieties
by Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata
- 265-267 Optimal interest rate policy during asset price booms: The mirage of 'benign neglect'
by Berger, Wolfram & Ki[beta]mer, Friedrich
- 268-271 Information gathering and the hold-up problem in a complete contracting framework
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 272-274 Does classical competition explain the statistical features of firm growth?
by Alfarano, Simone & Milakovic, Mishael
- 275-278 Stochastic dominance representation of optimistic belief: Theory and applications
by Osaki, Yusuke & Quiggin, John
- 279-281 Unit root testing for bubbles: A resurrection?
by Waters, George A.
- 282-284 A spatial Hausman test
by Kelley Pace, R. & LeSage, James P.
- 285-287 Detecting invalid instruments using L1-GMM
by Han, Chirok
- 288-292 Testing against nonstationary volatility in time series
by Xu, Ke-Li
- 293-296 What makes a homegrown terrorist? Human capital and participation in domestic Islamic terrorist groups in the U.S.A
by Krueger, Alan B.
- 297-299 Time-series output convergence tests and stationary covariates
by Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & León-Ledesma, Miguel A.
2008, Volume 101, Issue 2
- 97-99 The monetary method to measure the shadow economy: The forgotten problem of the initial conditions
by Ahumada, Hildegart & Alvaredo, Facundo & Canavese, Alfredo
- 100-102 Bundling, information aggregation and entry deterrence
by Park, Jongchool & Seo, Kyoungwon
- 103-105 A note on marriage market clearing
by Neelakantan, Urvi & Tertilt, Michèle
- 106-109 Common smooth transition trend-stationarity in European unemployment
by Franchi, Massimo & Ordóñez, Javier
- 110-112 Do sunk exporting costs differ among markets? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
by Blanes-Cristóbal, José Vicente & Dovis, Marion & Milgram-Baleix, Juliette & Moro-Egido, Ana I.
- 113-115 Output, unemployment and Okun's law: Some evidence from the G7
by Malley, Jim & Molana, Hassan
- 116-118 Do regions matter in interjurisdictional competition? Evidence from state taxation
by Rork, Jonathan C. & Wagner, Gary A.
- 119-121 A simple representation of the Bera-Jarque-Lee test for probit models
by Wilde, Joachim
- 122-125 High-powered incentives and fraudulent behavior: Stock-based versus stock option-based compensation
by Andergassen, Rainer
- 126-129 Parameter heterogeneity in growth regressions
by Hineline, David R.
- 130-133 Constrained labor supply and risk-aversion
by Drewianka, Scott
- 134-136 Learning, bounded memory, and inertia
by Alós-Ferrer, Carlos
- 137-139 Worker turnover and job matching--Implications for estimating the returns to tenure
by Barmby, Tim & Eberth, Barbara
- 140-141 Error-correction modelling in discrete and continuous time
by ten Cate, Arie & Franses, Philip Hans
- 142-144 A complete implementation of the efficient allocation of pollution
by Kahana, Nava & Mealem, Yosef & Nitzan, Shmuel
- 145-147 The bargaining within
by Xue, Licun
- 148-150 Rewards in an experimental sender-receiver game
by Peeters, Ronald & Vorsatz, Marc & Walzl, Markus
- 151-151 Corrigendum to "Measuring instrument relevance in the single endogenous regressor-multiple instrument case: A simplifying procedure" [Economics Letters 74 (2002) 321-325]
by Davis, George C.
2008, Volume 101, Issue 1
- 1-3 Monetary policy surprises and the expectations hypothesis at the short end of the yield curve
by Demiralp, Selva
- 4-5 Multimarket contact in continuous-time games
by Kobayashi, Hajime & Ohta, Katsunori
- 6-8 The effects of small sample bias in Threshold Autoregressive models
by Ahmad, Yamin S.
- 9-12 Skill-upgrading and internationalization: Country-of-origin or end-use of products
by Sørensen, Anders
- 13-16 Bank competition and regional differences
by Coccorese, Paolo
- 17-19 Ordinal vs cardinal status: Two examples
by Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo
- 20-23 Are "Nearly Exogenous Instruments" reliable?
by Berkowitz, Daniel & Caner, Mehmet & Fang, Ying
- 24-26 Productivity revolutions and science driven growth
by Garner, Phillip
- 27-30 The Error-in-Rejection Probability of meta-analytic panel tests
by Hanck, Christoph
- 31-33 Income inequality and crime in the United States
by Choe, Jongmook
- 34-37 Drug competition and voluntary exit
by Virabhak, Suchin & Sohn, Wook
- 38-40 Home bias and deviations from purchasing power parity
by Mylonidis, Nikolaos
- 41-43 A note on S2 in a spatially correlated error components regression model for panel data
by Song, Seuck Heun & Lee, Jaejun
- 44-47 How normal is normality in consumption?
by Kemp, Murray C.
- 48-52 Can health insurance coverage explain the generic competition paradox?
by Ferrara, Ida & Kong, Ying
- 53-56 Large deviation asymptotics for statistical treatment rules
by Otsu, Taisuke
- 57-59 A note on longevity enhancing investment
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Pestieau, Pierre
- 60-62 Commodity currencies and the real exchange rate
by Tokarick, Stephen
- 63-65 Dispersion in wage premiums and firm performance
by Martins, Pedro S.
- 66-68 The taste for variety: A hedonic analysis
by Drescher, Larissa & Thiele, Silke & Weiss, Christoph R.
- 69-72 Self-interest, sympathy and the origin of endowments
by Cherry, Todd L. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 73-76 Are more risk averse agents more optimistic? Insights from a rational expectations model
by Jouini, Elyès & Napp, Clotilde
- 77-79 Separation costs, job heterogeneity and labor market volatility in the matching model
by Silva, José I. & Toledo, Manuel
- 80-83 A cautious note on the use of panel models to predict financial crises
by van den Berg, Jeroen & Candelon, Bertrand & Urbain, Jean-Pierre
- 84-86 The effects of the 2005 Bankruptcy Reform in Brazil
by Funchal, Bruno
- 87-90 Production functions and distributions of unit factor productivities: Uncovering the link
by Growiec, Jakub
- 91-94 Semi-parametric discrete choice measures of willingness to pay
by Huang, Ju-Chin & Nychka, Douglas W. & Smith, V. Kerry
- 95-95 Corrigendum to "Habit persistence in consumption and the demand for money" [Economic Letters 96 (2007) 168-176]
by Hiraguchi, Ryoji
2008, Volume 100, Issue 3
- 321-325 Uncertainty and information accuracy in adverse selection
by Pereira, Samuel C.A. & Sousa, Paulo S.A.
- 326-329 Nonlinear regression for unit root models with autoregressive errors
by Kim, Chang Sik & Kim, In-Moo
- 330-332 Price discrimination with a resource constraint
by Dana Jr., James D. & Yahalom, Tomer
- 333-336 Temporary contracts, employment protection and skill: A simple model
by Casquel, Elena & Cunyat, Antoni
- 337-339 Time series test of nonlinear convergence and transitional dynamics
by Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Hinich, Melvin J. & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Lim, Kian-Ping
- 340-343 Living to save taxes
by Eliason, Marcus & Ohlsson, Henry
- 344-347 Modelling the dependency between currency and debt crises: An option based approach
by Maltritz, Dominik
- 348-350 Are firms reluctant to engage in inter-organizational exchange relationships with competitors?
by Hopp, Christian
- 351-354 Fund-raising success and a solicitor's beauty capital: Do blondes raise more funds?
by Price, Michael K.
- 355-358 Does foreign direct investment transfer technology across borders? New evidence
by Bitzer, Jürgen & Kerekes, Monika
- 359-362 Audited reputation
by Xu, Hong & Chen, Jianqing & Whinston, Andrew B.
- 363-365 Environmental regulation and U.S. states' technical inefficiency
by Chintrakarn, Pandej
- 366-368 A note on spurious nonlinear regression
by O'Brien, Edward J.
- 369-372 On the curvature of the reporting function from objective reality to subjective feelings
by Oswald, Andrew J.
- 373-376 The effect of measurement error on the estimated shape of the world distribution of income
by Parmeter, Christopher F.
- 377-380 GLS detrending-based unit root tests in nonlinear STAR and SETAR models
by Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol
- 381-384 Nonparametric identification of regression models containing a misclassified dichotomous regressor without instruments
by Chen, Xiaohong & Hu, Yingyao & Lewbel, Arthur
- 385-387 Expanding international trade beyond the RTA border: The case of ASEAN's economic diplomacy
by Oh, Chang Hoon & Selmier II, W. Travis
- 388-391 Technical change: It should be positive and make sense!
by Garcia, Fernando & César de Souza, Rogério & Pires, Jorge Oliveira
- 392-395 Technology shocks, structural breaks and the effects on the business cycle
by Atella, Vincenzo & Centoni, Marco & Cubadda, Gianluca
- 396-398 Deterministic heterogeneity in tastes and product differentiation in the K-logit model
by Rajaonarison, Dominique
- 399-401 Moral hazard contracts: Does one size fit all?
by Koch, Alexander K. & Peyrache, Eloïc
- 402-404 Is the optimal income tax regressive?
by Ruiz del Portal, X.
- 405-407 Gender and self-selection into a competitive environment: Are women more overconfident than men?
by Nekby, Lena & Thoursie, Peter Skogman & Vahtrik, Lars
- 408-410 Option price without expected utility
by Jindapon, Paan & Shaw, W. Douglass
- 411-414 What explains recent changes in international monetary policy attitudes toward inflation? Evidence from developed countries
by Lo, Melody & Granato, Jim
- 415-417 A group-specific measure of intergenerational persistence
by Hertz, Tom
- 418-421 Estimating economies of scope using the profit function: A dual approach for the normalized quadratic profit function
by Gao, Zhifeng & Featherstone, Allen M.
- 422-424 Serial and spatial error correlation
by Elhorst, J. Paul
- 425-427 Soft budget constraints and the property rights theory of ownership
by Eggleston, Karen
- 428-431 Skilled labor, unskilled labor, and economic growth
by Mello, Marcelo
- 432-434 Unobserved correlation in private-value ascending auctions
by Quint, Daniel
- 435-438 Semiparametric Bayesian estimation of mixed count regression models
by Zheng, Xiaoyong
- 439-441 Skill-biased technological change: Is there hope for the unskilled?
by Weiss, Matthias
- 442-444 Democracy and growth in Africa: Implications of increasing electoral competitiveness
by FOSU, Augustin Kwasi
- 445-447 Sequentially complete markets remain incomplete
by Drèze, Jacques H. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques
- 448-451 Toward a bias corrected currency equivalent index
by Barnett, William A. & Keating, John W. & Kelly, Logan J.
2008, Volume 100, Issue 2
- 165-168 The effect of decisions under uncertainty on imperfect monitoring games
by Takizawa, Shinichiro
- 169-172 Why don't we observe improvements in consumption smoothing as countries get more financially integrated: Bridging theory and empirics
by Islamaj, Ergys
- 173-177 Durable goods with quality differentiation
by Inderst, Roman
- 178-180 Political risk and the expectations hypothesis
by Caporale, Barbara & Caporale, Tony
- 181-184 Exponential functionals of integrated processes
by Lee, Jungick & de Jong, Robert M.
- 185-188 A dual measure of economies of scope
by Hajargasht, Gholamreza & Coelli, Tim & Rao, D.S. Prasada
- 189-191 Pre-empting technology competition through firm acquisitions
by Grimpe, Christoph & Hussinger, Katrin
- 192-195 Is it possible to speak English without thinking American? On globalization and the determinants of cultural assimilation
by Chong, Alberto & Galdo, Jose
- 196-199 The social value of public information with costly information acquisition
by Colombo, Luca & Femminis, Gianluca
- 200-203 Non-linearity versus non-normality in real exchange rate dynamics
by Arghyrou, Michael G. & Gregoriou, Andros
- 204-207 Relative consumption benchmarks
by Chugh, Sanjay K.
- 208-212 Measuring business cycles: A wavelet analysis of economic time series
by Yogo, Motohiro
- 213-216 On the efficiency of a global market for carbon dioxide emission permits: Type of externality and timing of policymaking
by Silva, Emilson C.D. & Zhu, Xie
- 217-220 Method-of-moments estimation and choice of instruments: Numerical computations
by Anatolyev, Stanislav
- 221-223 Revisiting the uncertain unit root in GDP and CPI: Testing for non-linear trend reversion
by Beechey, Meredith & Österholm, Pär