May 2010, Volume 107, Issue 2
- 91-94 Comparing three ways to update Choquet beliefs
by Eichberger, Jürgen & Grant, Simon & Kelsey, David
- 95-98 Factor forecasting using international targeted predictors: The case of German GDP
by Schumacher, Christian
- 99-101 Work ethic, Protestantism, and human capital
by Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Torgler, Benno
- 102-104 Is there a trade-off between income inequality and corruption? Evidence from Latin America
by Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn
- 105-111 Stationarity and mixing properties of the dynamic Tobit model
by Hahn, Jinyong & Kuersteiner, Guido
- 112-114 Information can wreck cooperation: A counterpoint to Kandori (1992)
by Kamada, Yuichiro & Kominers, Scott Duke
- 115-118 Bargaining over perfect complements owned separately: With experimental test
by Yu, Ning & Chmura, Thorsten & Pitz, Thomas & Sun, Ning
- 119-121 Single profile of preferences with variable societies: A characterization of simple majority rule
by Xu, Yongsheng & Zhong, Zhen
- 122-124 A marketing scheme for making money off innocent people: A user's manual
by Basu, Kaushik
- 125-127 Family background and gender differences in educational expectations
by Kleinjans, Kristin J.
- 128-130 When discretion is better: Initial conditions and the timeless perspective
by Sauer, Stephan
- 131-133 Unemployment, market work and household production
by Burda, Michael C. & Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 134-135 Red herrings: Some thoughts on the meaning of zero-probability events and mathematical modeling
by Karni, Edi
- 136-141 Vertical aspects of male-female disparity in the labor market
by Baguelin, Olivier
- 142-144 Hepatitis B does not explain male-biased sex ratios in China
by Oster, Emily & Chen, Gang & Yu, Xinsen & Lin, Wenyao
- 145-147 Taxation of profits when there are profits
by Gersovitz, Mark
- 148-151 Ricardian equivalence for local government bonds: A utility maximization approach
by Hatfield, John William
- 152-154 R&D and economic growth: How strong is the link?
by Pessoa, Argentino
- 155-157 Does budget deficit lower equity prices in USA?
by Quayes, Shakil
- 158-160 Central bank transparency and shocks
by Laskar, Daniel
- 161-164 Housing price declines and household balance sheets
by Olsen, Randall & Dunn, Lucia
- 165-168 Spurious correlation under fractional integration in output series
by Dalkir, Mehmet
- 169-172 Soft landing in a Markov-switching economy
by Alexandre, Fernando & Bação, Pedro & Gabriel, Vasco
- 173-176 The effects of increasing financial incentives for firms to promote employment of disabled workers
by Wuellrich, Jean-Philippe
- 177-179 Does immigration boost per capita income?
by Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Hiller, Sanne & Sala, Davide
- 180-182 Averting risk in the face of large losses: Bernoulli vs. Tversky and Kahneman
by Bosch-Domènech, Antoni & Silvestre, Joaquim
- 183-186 The weighted method of moments approach for moment condition models
by Xiao, Zhiguo
- 187-189 The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market
by Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle
- 190-193 Nuisance parameter free inference on cointegration parameters in the presence of a variance shift
by Boswijk, H. Peter
- 194-197 Efficient provision of a public project (almost) without knowing the cost-sharing rule
by Mealem, Yosef
- 198-200 The intraday interest rate under a liquidity crisis: The case of August 2007
by Baglioni, Angelo & Monticini, Andrea
- 201-204 Product market competition, incentives and fraudulent behavior
by Andergassen, Rainer
- 205-207 A model of criminal sanctions that incorporate both deterrence and incapacitation
by Miceli, Thomas J.
- 208-210 Charitable giving under inequality aversion
by Derin-Güre, Pinar & Uler, Neslihan
- 211-213 FDI and economic growth: New evidence on the role of financial markets
by Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Law, Siong Hook & Ahmad, Abd Halim
- 214-216 International competition and employment
by Seidel, Tobias
- 217-219 Anticipated loser regret in third price auctions
by Filiz-Ozbay, Emel & Ozbay, Erkut Y.
- 220-223 Testing regression coefficients after model selection through sign restrictions
by Hassler, Uwe
- 224-228 The effect of Protestantism on education before the industrialization: Evidence from 1816 Prussia
by Becker, Sascha O. & Woessmann, Ludger
- 229-232 Do journals accept too many papers?
by Atal, Vidya
- 233-235 The power of apology
by Abeler, Johannes & Calaki, Juljana & Andree, Kai & Basek, Christoph
- 236-238 Do employers discriminate by gender? A field experiment in female-dominated occupations
by Booth, Alison & Leigh, Andrew
- 239-241 Local envy-freeness and equal-income Walrasian allocations
by Cato, Susumu
- 242-245 Deriving the wage-wage and price-price Phillips curves from a model with efficiency wages and imperfect information
by Campbell III, Carl M.
- 246-248 Monetary policy in a small open economy with durable goods and differing cash-in-advance constraints
by Mansoorian, Arman & Michelis, Leo
- 249-252 Revisiting a functional form for the Lorenz curve
by Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Sarabia, María
- 253-256 Employment effects of service offshoring: Evidence from matched firms
by Crinò, Rosario
- 257-260 An encompassing test for non-nested quantile regression models
by Kuan, Chung-Ming & Lin, Hsin-Yi
- 261-262 The threshold aggregation
by Aleskerov, Fuad & Chistyakov, Vyacheslav V. & Kalyagin, Valery
- 263-265 Multidimensional screening under nonlinear costs: Limits of standard approach
by Kokovin, Sergey & Nahata, Babu & Zhelobodko, Evgeny
- 266-269 Has the world moved forward? A robust multidimensional evaluation
by Decancq, Koen & Ooghe, Erwin
- 270-272 Who lets ethics guide his economic decision-making? An empirical analysis of individual investments in ethical funds
by Säve-Söderbergh, Jenny
- 273-275 What firms know
by Amin, Mohammad
- 276-280 Shirking and employment protection legislation: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Scoppa, Vincenzo
- 281-283 Bare promises: An experiment
by Charness, Gary & Dufwenberg, Martin
- 284-287 Royalty licensing
by San Martín, Marta & Saracho, Ana I.
- 288-290 Monotonicity and robustness of majority rule
by Ollár, Mariann
- 291-296 Testing hypotheses about interaction terms in nonlinear models
by Greene, William
- 297-299 Raising salary or redistributing it: A panel analysis of Major League Baseball
by Jane, Wen-Jhan
- 300-303 Internal and external habits and news-driven business cycles
by Nutahara, Kengo
- 304-309 Order aggressiveness and the diagonal effect in experimental double auction markets
by Majois, Christophe
- 310-312 On the existence of the maximum likelihood estimates in Poisson regression
by Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Tenreyro, Silvana
- 313-313 Corrigendum to "Functional forms for the negative binomial model for count data" [Economics Letters 99 (2008) 585-590]
by Raschke, Christian & Greene, William H.
April 2010, Volume 107, Issue 1
- 1-3 Sealed-bid auctions based on Cobb-Douglas utility function
by Liu, Shulin & Wang, Mingxi
- 4-6 Life satisfaction and transboundary air pollution
by Luechinger, Simon
- 7-9 Household willingness to pay and income pooling: A comment
by Ebert, Udo
- 10-12 The Potluck Problem
by Enumula, Prabodh Kumar & Rao, Shrisha
- 13-16 Openness, domestic performance and growth
by Li, Kui-Wai & Zhou, Xianbo
- 17-21 Recognizing progeny in the value of life
by Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan & Oeppen, Jim
- 22-25 Local power of consistent tests for serial correlation against the nearly integrated, nearly white noise process
by Deng, Ai
- 26-29 Asset pricing under information-processing constraints
by Luo, Yulei & Young, Eric R.
- 30-32 Layoff taxes and minimum wage: Two complementary public policies
by Gavrel, Frédéric & Lebon, Isabelle & Rebière, Thérèse
- 33-35 Endogenous regressor binary choice models without instruments, with an application to migration
by Dong, Yingying
- 36-38 On money and capital with durable goods
by Mansoorian, Arman & Michelis, Leo
- 39-41 Risk and savings: A taxonomy
by Gunning, Jan Willem
- 42-45 Last-minute bidding in eBay charity auctions
by Elfenbein, Daniel W. & McManus, Brian
- 46-48 The impact of foreign outsourcing on wage inequality in US manufacturing: New evidence
by Yamashita, Nobuaki
- 49-51 Statistical inference for multidimensional inequality indices
by Abul Naga, Ramses H.
- 52-54 Non-convexities and the gains from concealing defenses from committed terrorists
by Bernhardt, Dan & Polborn, Mattias K.
- 55-57 Estimating earnings trend using unobserved components framework
by Basistha, Arabinda & Kurov, Alexander
- 58-62 The costs and benefits of additional information in agency models with endogenous information structures
by Hoppe, Eva I. & Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 63-65 Financial determinants of firm dynamics: Evidence from a European panel
by Brückner, Markus
- 66-68 Anchoring and cognitive ability
by Bergman, Oscar & Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus & Svensson, Cicek
- 69-70 Impossibility of stable and nonbossy matching mechanisms
by Kojima, Fuhito
- 71-73 Ad-valorem taxation and the balance of externalities in federations
by Karakosta, Ourania
- 74-76 Product variety and the demographic transition
by Guzmán, Ricardo Andrés & Weisdorf, Jacob Louis
- 77-79 Income, happiness, and the disutility of labour
by Knabe, Andreas & Rätzel, Steffen
March 2010, Volume 106, Issue 3
- 147-150 The "price puzzle" in the monetary transmission VARs with long-run restrictions
by Krusec, Dejan
- 151-153 Declining output growth volatility: A sectoral decomposition
by Chun, Hyunbae & Kim, Jung-Wook
- 154-157 The link between macroeconomic performance and variability in the UK
by Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos & Zeng, Ning
- 158-161 A simple estimator for the correlated random coefficient model
by De Blander, Rembert
- 162-165 Impulse-response functions in Markov-switching structural vector autoregressions: A step further
by Karamé, F.
- 166-168 Adjustment of US external imbalances: At what horizon?
by Konstantinou, Panagiotis Th.
- 169-171 Smooth transition effects in price transmission: The case of international wheat export prices
by Ghoshray, Atanu
- 172-176 Cost-based access regulation and collusion in a differentiated duopoly
by Baranes, Edmond & Poudou, Jean-Christophe
- 177-179 Co-ranking mates: Assortative matching in marriage markets
by Legros, Patrick & Newman, Andrew
- 180-183 Price distributions and competition
by Burdett, Ken & Smith, Eric
- 184-187 A reinvestigation of contract duration using Quantile Regression for Counts analysis
by Liu, Chunping & Peng, Amy
- 188-190 Unemployment persistence: Is there evidence for stigma effects?
by Biewen, Martin & Steffes, Susanne
- 191-194 Disability and earnings: Are employer characteristics important?
by Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L.
- 195-196 Note on a model of Chinese national income determination
by Chow, Gregory C.
- 197-199 Securitization, collateral constraints and consumption risk sharing in the euro area
by Nitschka, Thomas
- 200-204 Violent conflict and economic growth: Some time-series evidence
by Starr, Martha A.
- 205-208 Unemployment and labour-force participation in Sweden
by Österholm, Pär
- 209-211 Paretian evaluation of infinite utility streams: An egalitarian criterion
by Alcantud, José C.R. & García-Sanz, María D.
- 212-215 The ABC of complementary products mergers
by Anderson, Simon P. & Loertscher, Simon & Schneider, Yves
- 216-218 Real exchange rate dynamics in the presence of non-traded goods and transaction costs
by Lee, Inkoo & Shin, Jonghyup
- 219-222 Do central bank law reforms affect the term in office of central bank governors?
by Klomp, Jeroen & de Haan, Jakob
- 223-226 Risk attitudes and reservation wages of unemployed workers: Evidence from panel data
by Pannenberg, Markus
- 227-229 Downward nominal wage rigidity in services: Direct evidence from a firm survey
by Radowski, Daniel & Bonin, Holger
- 230-233 Regulating risk-averse producers: The case of complementary products
by Li, Zhiyun
- 234-237 How better informed are the institutional investors?
by Cai, Jinghan & He, Jia & He, Jibao
- 238-240 Using house prices to compute the price of housing in the CPI
by Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Larsen, Erling Røed & Sommervoll, Dag Einar
- 241-243 Identification of lagged duration dependence in multiple-spell competing risks models
by Horny, Guillaume & Picchio, Matteo
February 2010, Volume 106, Issue 2
- 71-74 A new score test for unit roots in heterogeneous panels -- Residual likelihood approach
by Oh, Yujin & Lim, Yong Bin & So, Beong Soo
- 75-77 Venture capital syndication and the financing of innovation: Financial versus expertise motives
by Dal-Pont Legrand, Muriel & Pommet, Sophie
- 78-80 Change in the transition of the fertility rate
by Yasuoka, Masaya & Miyake, Atsushi
- 81-83 Inflation persistence and nonlinearities in Central and Eastern European countries
by Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Harrison, Barry
- 84-86 Unbounded heteroscedasticity in first-order autoregressive models and the Eicker-White asymptotic variance estimator
by Kourogenis, Nikolaos & Pittis, Nikitas
- 87-91 Micro vs macro explanations of post-war US unemployment movements
by Heaton, Chris & Oslington, Paul
- 92-94 The investment effects of price caps under imperfect competition: A note
by Buehler, Stefan & Burger, Anton & Ferstl, Robert
- 95-97 Human capital externalities with monopsonistic competition
by Kaas, Leo
- 98-100 A note on endogenous growth and scale effects
by Garner, Phillip
- 101-104 Do more ethnically and religiously diverse countries have lower democratization?
by Akdede, Sacit Hadi
- 105-107 A note on the pricing of IPOs
by Lundtofte, Frederik
- 108-111 New products with a symmetric AIDS expenditure function
by Feenstra, Robert C.
- 112-114 Sequential spatial competition in vertically related industries with different product varieties
by Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata
- 115-118 How to translate results from auctions to procurements
by de Castro, Luciano I. & de Frutos, María-Angeles
- 119-121 Money, barter, and consumption interdependence
by Chen, Shikuan & Kao, Yi-Cheng
- 122-124 Competition, comparison, and innovation
by Hahn, Sunku
- 125-127 Time discounting for primary and monetary rewards
by Reuben, Ernesto & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi
- 128-130 Technical trading rules and calendar anomalies -- Are they the same phenomena?
by Atanasova, Christina V. & Hudson, Robert S.
- 131-132 A simple microeconomic foundation for a Tobit model of consumer demand
by Solon, Gary
- 133-136 On uncertainty when it affects successive markets
by Gabszewicz, Jean & Tarola, Ornella & Zanaj, Skerdilajda
- 137-139 How delegation improves commitment
by Perino, Grischa
- 140-142 A penny for your thoughts: Inducing truth-telling in stated preference elicitation
by Barrage, Lint & Lee, Min Sok
- 143-145 The link between output growth and volatility: Evidence from a GARCH model with panel data
by Lee, Jim
January 2010, Volume 106, Issue 1
- 1-3 Trade openness and income -- A re-examination
by Manole, Vlad & Spatareanu, Mariana
- 4-7 Transparency and special interests
by Felgenhauer, Mike
- 8-11 Evidence on performance pay and risk aversion
by Grund, Christian & Sliwka, Dirk
- 12-14 Maskin monotonic aggregation rules and partial anonymity
by Powers, R.C.
- 15-18 Output volatility and economic growth
by Badinger, Harald
- 19-21 How to be kind? Outcomes versus intentions as determinants of fairness
by Stanca, Luca
- 22-24 An omnibus test for heteroskedasticity
by Luger, Richard
- 25-27 On the investment sensitivity of debt under uncertainty
by Baum, Christopher F. & Caglayan, Mustafa & Talavera, Oleksandr
- 28-31 Testing for complementarity when strategies are dichotomous
by Miravete, Eugenio J. & Pernías, José C.
- 32-34 Identifying vertically differentiated products
by Bastos, Paulo & Silva, Joana
- 35-37 Misselling (financial) products: The limits for internal compliance
by Inderst, Roman
- 38-41 Effective contests
by Kaplan, Todd R. & Sela, Aner
- 42-44 Does monetary policy lose effectiveness during a credit crunch?
by Bijapur, Mohan
- 45-47 Regulation, reputation, and environmental risk
by Banerjee, Prasenjit & Shogren, Jason F.
- 48-50 Efficiency in a search and matching model with endogenous participation
by Albrecht, James & Navarro, Lucas & Vroman, Susan
- 51-53 Design of randomized experiments to measure social interaction effects
by Hirano, Keisuke & Hahn, Jinyong
- 54-56 Third-degree price discrimination, quality choice, and welfare
by Ikeda, Takeshi & Toshimitsu, Tsuyoshi
- 57-60 Estimating monetary reaction functions at near zero interest rates
by Kim, Tae-Hwan & Mizen, Paul
- 61-63 How working time reduction affects jobs and wages
by Raposo, Pedro S. & van Ours, Jan C.
- 64-66 Explicit instrument versus targeting rules in the backward-looking model
by Froyen, Richard T. & Guender, Alfred V.
- 67-69 Effects of the complementarity of child nutrition and education on persistent deprivation
by Currais, Luis & Rivera, Berta & Rungo, Paolo
December 2009, Volume 105, Issue 3
- 197-199 Quasi equilibria for growth economies
by Burke, Jonathan L.
- 200-203 The role of investment wedges in the Carlstrom-Fuerst economy and business cycle accounting
by Inaba, Masaru & Nutahara, Kengo
- 204-207 Who benefits from a sender's credibility concern, the sender or a receiver?
by Jung, Hanjoon Michael
- 208-210 Aggregate demand shocks, central bank preferences and macroeconomic outcomes with imperfect information
by James, Jonathan G. & Lawler, Phillip
- 211-213 Assessing the impact of the ECB's monetary policy on the stock markets: A sectoral view
by Kholodilin, Konstantin & Montagnoli, Alberto & Napolitano, Oreste & Siliverstovs, Boriss
- 214-216 Precaution v. avoidance: A comparison of liability rules
by Friehe, Tim
- 217-220 Niche market or mass market?
by Ivanov, Maxim
- 221-223 Exchange rate expectations: The role of person specific forward looking variables
by Koske, Isabell & Stadtmann, Georg
- 224-229 A value function that explains the magnitude and sign effects
by al-Nowaihi, Ali & Dhami, Sanjit
- 230-233 On the death of distance and borders: Evidence from the nineteenth century
by Jacks, David S.
- 234-238 Conditional stochastic kernel estimation by nonparametric methods
by Poletti Laurini, Márcio & Valls Pereira, Pedro L.
- 239-241 Another induction proof of the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem
by Cato, Susumu
- 242-246 A peek into a Pandora's box: Firm-level demand with price competition vs. quantity competition
by Kolberg, William
- 247-249 Two-step estimation of a factor model in the presence of observable factors
by Hwang, Hae-shin
- 250-252 The monitoring test for the stability of regression models with nonstationary regressors
by Lee, Sangyeol & Park, Siyun
- 253-255 Temporal aggregation and SVAR identification, with an application to fiscal policy
by Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo & Klaassen, Franc
- 256-260 Bounding the effect of a dichotomous regressor with arbitrary measurement errors
by Deng, Ping & Hu, Yingyao
- 261-263 A proof of the existence of the minimax point of a strategic game
by Aliprantis, C.D. & Chakrabarti, S.K. & Topolyan, I.
- 264-266 Ignorance in a multi-agent setting
by Pereira, Samuel C.A.
- 267-269 The state-federal dichotomy in the effects of minimum wages on teenage employment in the United States
by Bazen, Stephen & Le Gallo, Julie
- 270-272 On pro-poor growth and the measurement of convergence
by Nissanov, Zoya & Silber, Jacques
- 273-275 On some properties of Autoregressive Conditional Poisson (ACP) models
by Ghahramani, M. & Thavaneswaran, A.
- 276-279 Heterogeneous expectations, sunspot equilibria and their fragility
by Berardi, Michele
- 280-283 A comparative study of three data-based methods of instrument selection
by Eryuruk, Gunce & Hall, Alastair R. & Jana, Kalidas
- 284-286 Financial market volatility and primary placements
by Casalin, Fabrizio & Dia, Enzo
- 287-289 Examiner citations, applicant citations, and the private value of patents
by Hegde, Deepak & Sampat, Bhaven
- 290-292 Welfare to work and work to welfare: the effect of the reference point -- a theoretical and experimental study
by Sherman, Arie & Shavit, Tal
- 293-295 Payment scale economies from individual bank data
by Bolt, Wilko & Humphrey, David
- 296-299 Initial conditions and stationarity tests
by Busetti, Fabio
- 300-302 Two variants of Harsanyi's aggregation theorem
by Fleurbaey, Marc
- 303-305 Conflict of interests, (implicit) coalitions and Nash policy games
by Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Piacquadio, Paolo G.
- 306-308 The pleasure of being nasty
by Abbink, Klaus & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim
- 309-311 Taxation and capital structure choice--Evidence from a panel of German multinationals
by Buettner, Thiess & Overesch, Michael & Schreiber, Ulrich & Wamser, Georg
- 312-314 Three-agent peer evaluation
by Knoblauch, Vicki
- 315-317 The effect of workfare policy on social movement mobilizations
by Franceschelli, Ignacio & Ronconi, Lucas
- 318-320 Unemployment and entrepreneurship: A cyclical relation?
by Faria, João Ricardo & Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 321-325 Beauty vs. brains: Early labor market outcomes of high school graduates
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 326-329 The expo-power value function as a candidate for the work-horse specification in parametric versions of cumulative prospect theory
by Peel, D.A. & Zhang, Jie
- 330-332 How to extend a model of probabilistic choice from binary choices to choices among more than two alternatives
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 333-335 Monopoly distortions in durability and multi-dimensional quality
by Strausz, Roland
- 336-339 Revisiting the link between minimum wage and wage inequality: Empirical evidence from New Zealand
by Pacheco, Gail
November 2009, Volume 105, Issue 2
- 145-147 Monotonic incompatibility between electing and ranking
by Balinski, Michel & Jennings, Andrew & Laraki, Rida