2007, Volume 95, Issue 3
- 451-455 Earmarking lottery proceeds for public goods: Empirical evidence from U.S. lotto expenditures
by Landry, Craig E. & Price, Michael K.
- 456-461 Optimal coverage for incompletely reliable insurance
by Mahul, Olivier & Wright, Brian D.
- 462-467 Bad news can be good news: Early dropouts in an English auction with multi-dimensional signals
by Levin, Dan & Peck, James & Ye, Lixin
2007, Volume 95, Issue 2
- 161-166 Are there diminishing returns to R&D?
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 167-173 Right to choose in oral auctions
by Burguet, Roberto
- 174-179 Optimal inattentive length in macroeconomic models
by Jinnai, Ryo
- 180-185 Why do amusement parks only charge a fixed admission fee?
by Wu, Dachrahn & Liu, Nien-Pen
- 186-191 Are environmental policies counterproductive?
by Calmette, Marie-Francoise & Pechoux, Isabelle
- 192-197 Electricity market structure, electricity price, and its volatility
by Chang, Youngho & Park, Cheolbeom
- 198-202 New estimates of union wage effects in the U.S
by Gittleman, Maury & Pierce, Brooks
- 203-210 Small-sample inference in rational expectations models with persistent data
by Li, Hong
- 211-216 Is higher confidence of fiat money necessarily desirable?
by Tanaka, Jumpei
- 217-222 A comparative analysis of the stabilizing properties of nominal income growth targeting
by Guender, Alfred V.
- 223-229 Mechanical mean reversion of leverage ratios
by Chen, Long & Zhao, Xinlei
- 230-233 A simple way to capture transaction balances
by Seitz, Franz
- 234-240 When different market concentration indices agree
by Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey
- 241-246 Exact test for breaks in covariance in multivariate regressions
by Khalaf, Lynda & Kichian, Maral
- 247-252 Fixed-effect estimation of technical efficiency with time-invariant dummies
by Feng, Qu & Horrace, William C.
- 253-258 Asymmetric information and legal investor protection
by Mougin, Fanny
- 259-266 Quasi Akaike and quasi Schwarz criteria for model selection: A surprising consistency result
by Giombini, Germana & Szroeter, Jerzy
- 267-271 Price discrimination using linear and nonlinear pricing simultaneously
by Nahata, Babu & Ringbom, Staffan
- 272-277 Inference approaches for instrumental variable quantile regression
by Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian & Jansson, Michael
- 278-284 A note on Common Agency models of moral hazard
by Attar, Andrea & Piaser, Gwenael & Porteiro, Nicolas
- 285-290 Testing for Purchasing Power Parity correcting for non-normality using the wild bootstrap
by Arghyrou, Michael G. & Gregoriou, Andros
- 291-296 On the econometrics of the geometric lag model
by Franses, Philip Hans & van Oest, Rutger
- 297-302 Optimal monetary policy and the timing of asset trade in open economies
by Senay, Ozge & Sutherland, Alan
- 303-308 Did the European exchange-rate mechanism contribute to the integration of peripheral countries?
by Gil-Pareja, Salvador & Llorca-Vivero, Rafael & Martinez-Serrano, Jose Antonio
- 309-314 Estimating long memory: Scaling function vs Andrews and Guggenberger GPH
by Fillol, Jerome
2007, Volume 95, Issue 1
- 1-6 On the identification of Frisch labor supplies
by Donni, Olivier
- 7-13 Network externalities and market segmentation in a monopoly
by Jing, Bing
- 14-16 Sexual reproduction and time-inconsistent preferences
by Warneryd, Karl
- 17-24 Is virtual codesharing a market segmenting mechanism employed by airlines?
by Gayle, Philip G.
- 25-31 Yet another long-run neutrality result: Absence of tax-induced growth effects under implicit intergenerational contracts
by Yuen, Chi-Wa
- 32-38 Small sample bias properties of the system GMM estimator in dynamic panel data models
by Hayakawa, Kazuhiko
- 39-47 The epsilon-Gini-contamination multiple priors model admits a linear-mean-standard-deviation utility representation
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi
- 48-53 Adjustable supply in uniform price auctions: Non-commitment as a strategic tool
by McAdams, David
- 54-59 Basic stocks of knowledge and productivity: Further evidence from the hierarchical Bayes estimator
by Musolesi, Antonio
- 60-65 A change in the timing of auctions with synergies and its impact on bidding behavior
by De Silva, Dakshina G. & Kankanamge, Anuruddha & Kosmopoulou, Georgia
- 66-72 The impact of virtual bidding on price volatility in New York's wholesale electricity market
by Hadsell, Lester
- 73-79 Optimal capital income taxation in a small open economy
by Angyridis, Constantine
- 80-84 An axiomatization of the core of games with restricted cooperation
by Llerena, Francesc
- 85-90 A note on the impossibility of a satisfactory concept of stability for coalition formation games
by Barbera, Salvador & Gerber, Anke
- 91-95 A textbook example of international price discrimination
by Cabolis, Christos & Clerides, Sofronis & Ioannou, Ioannis & Senft, Daniel
- 96-103 Admiration is a source of indeterminacy
by Chen, Been-Lon & Hsu, Mei
- 104-109 Microeconomic uncertainties facilitate cooperative alliances and social welfare
by Perc, Matjaz
- 110-116 Predicting Markov volatility switches using monetary policy variables
by Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 117-123 The exact distribution of the TSLS estimator for a non-Gaussian just-identified linear structural equation
by Forchini, Giovanni
- 124-131 A model of power-biased technological change
by Skott, Peter & Guy, Frederick
- 132-139 Raw materials world price changes and exchange rates in a small open economy
by Garcia-Cebro, Juan A. & Varela-Santamaria, Ramon
- 140-145 Further evidence on revenue decentralization and inflation
by Thornton, John
- 146-150 Testing hyperbolic discounting in consumer decisions: Evidence for Argentina
by Ahumada, Hildegart A. & Garegnani, Maria Lorena
- 151-156 Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries
by Bourles, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert
- 156-157 Erratum to "A simple rule for assessing tariff and tax incidence" [Economics Letters 93 (2006) 116-120]
by Tokarick, Stephen
2007, Volume 94, Issue 3
- 313-318 Gifts, bequests and family incentives
by Jellal, Mohamed & Wolff, Francois-Charles
- 319-325 Asset pricing with multiplicative habit and power-expo preferences
by Smith, William T. & Zhang, Qiang
- 326-331 A decentralized and state-independent mechanism for internalizing international monetary policy spillovers
by Campoy, Juan Cristobal & Negrete, Juan Carlos
- 332-337 Money illusion under test
by Boes, Stefan & Lipp, Markus & Winkelmann, Rainer
- 338-341 Convergence towards a steady-state distribution
by Webber, Don J. & White, Paul
- 342-347 Severance payments in equilibrium unemployment
by Usui, Emiko
- 348-355 Is the trend in post-WW II US real GDP uncertain or non-linear?
by Vougas, Dimitrios V.
- 356-360 Investment policy with heterogeneous beliefs of investors
by Chen, Chi-Jen & Liu, Victor W.
- 361-366 A note on income converge effects in regional integration agreements
by Carmignani, Fabrizio
- 367-371 Analysis of industrial dynamics: A note on the relationship between firms' size and growth rate
by Palestrini, Antonio
- 372-377 Informed control over inputs and extent of industrial processing
by Hennessy, David A.
- 378-382 On the welfare implications of Southern catch-up
by Zhu, Susan Chun
- 383-388 Testing for rate dependence and asymmetry in inflation uncertainty: Evidence from the G7 economies
by Henry, Olan T. & Olekalns, Nilss & Suardi, Sandy
- 389-395 Causality between exports, imports, and economic growth: Evidence from transition economies
by Awokuse, Titus O.
- 396-401 A simple matching model with social networks
by Fontaine, Francois
- 402-407 The inverse imported factor demand system in Thailand: A cointegration analysis
by Rangkakulnuwat, Poomthan & Wang, H. Holly & Ahn, Sung K.
- 408-413 On the asymptotic validity of a bootstrap method for testing nonnested hypotheses
by Godfrey, Leslie G.
- 414-420 The wage curve revisited: Estimates from a UK panel
by Johnes, Geraint
- 421-425 Is collusion of corrupt agents welfare increasing?
by Roumanias, Costas
- 426-432 The microstructure of the Canada/U.S. dollar exchange rate: A robustness test
by Gradojevic, Nikola
- 433-438 Global unemployment shocks
by Smith, Ron & Zoega, Gylfi
- 439-444 The effect of government grants on plant level productivity
by Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric
- 445-451 A "maximum-eigenvalue" test for the cointegration ranks in I(2) vector autoregressions
by Nielsen, Heino Bohn
- 452-458 Nonparametric and semiparametric evidence on the long-run effects of inflation on growth
by Vaona, A. & Schiavo, S.
- 459-462 On the existence of pure-strategy Nash equilibrium
by Lu, Haishu
2007, Volume 94, Issue 2
- 155-162 International labor and capital flows: Complements or substitutes?
by Kugler, Maurice & Rapoport, Hillel
- 163-169 Delegation of decision rights and the winner's curse
by Blanes i Vidal, Jordi
- 170-176 A note on the empirics of the neoclassical growth model
by Caggiano, Giovanni & Leonida, Leone
- 177-184 The Pareto frontier of a finitely repeated game with unequal discounting
by Chen, Bo
- 185-191 The bias of elasticity estimators in linear regression: Some analytic results
by Qian, Chen & Giles, David E.
- 192-196 VCG mechanisms and efficient ex ante investments with externalities
by Krahmer, Daniel & Strausz, Roland
- 197-201 Butter mountains and wine lakes
by Reinhorn, Leslie J.
- 202-207 Wage bargaining and monopsony
by Falch, Torberg & Strom, Bjarne
- 208-212 Sequential dominance and weighted utilitarianism
by Ooghe, Erwin
- 213-219 The power of autocorrelation tests near the unit root in models with possibly mis-specified linear restrictions
by Wan, Alan T.K. & Zou, Guohua & Banerjee, Anurag
- 220-225 The impact of government debt on private consumption in OECD countries
by Berben, Robert-Paul & Brosens, Teunis
- 226-227 Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly: Another forgotten equilibrium
by Lu, Yuanzhu
- 228-234 Occupational choice, educational attainment, and fertility
by Kimura, Masako & Yasui, Daishin
- 235-239 Simulating stock returns under switching regimes - A new test of market efficiency
by Meenagh, David & Minford, Patrick & Peel, David
- 240-244 Informed principal and countervailing incentives
by Fleckinger, Pierre
- 245-252 Uncertainty in UK manufacturing: Evidence from qualitative survey data
by Mitchell, James & Mouratidis, Kostas & Weale, Martin
- 253-258 Maskin monotonicity in economies with indivisible goods and money
by Fujinaka, Yuji & Sakai, Toyotaka
- 259-265 Asymmetric exchange rate intervention and international reserve accumulation in India
by Ramachandran, M. & Srinivasan, Naveen
- 266-270 Employers' search prior to exhaustion of advance notice period
by Brencic, Vera
- 271-277 Jobs for young university graduates
by Cardoso, Ana Rute
- 278-283 Segregation preferences and labour market outcomes
by Clark, Ken & Drinkwater, Stephen
- 284-289 Equilibrium selection and the role of information in repeated matching markets
by Haruvy, Ernan & Utku Unver, M.
- 290-296 The dynamics of patent citations
by Marco, Alan C.
- 297-303 Shannon's entropy as an index of product variety
by Straathof, Sebastiaan M.
- 304-312 The analytics of seasonal migration
by Stark, Oded & Fan, C. Simon
2007, Volume 94, Issue 1
- 1-6 Is the inflation-output Nexus asymmetric in the Euro area?
by Baghli, Mustapha & Cahn, Christophe & Fraisse, Henri
- 7-11 IQ and economic growth: Further augmentation of Mankiw-Romer-Weil model
by Ram, Rati
- 12-19 A simple modification to improve the finite sample properties of Ng and Perron's unit root tests
by Perron, Pierre & Qu, Zhongjun
- 20-25 Economic development and the impacts of natural disasters
by Toya, Hideki & Skidmore, Mark
- 26-31 Inflation persistence and monetary policy: A simple result
by Amano, Robert
- 32-37 Is generosity involuntary?
by Broberg, Tomas & Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus
- 38-42 A note on measuring internal migration in the United States
by Pingle, Jonathan F.
- 43-48 Quality adjusted price indexes and the Willig condition
by Smith, V. Kerry & Banzhaf, H. Spencer
- 49-55 Effects of mortality risk on risk-taking behavior
by Liu, Liqun & Rettenmaier, Andrew J.
- 56-63 Monetary conservatism and fiscal coordination in a monetary union
by Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Tirelli, Patrizio
- 64-70 Macroeconomic priorities and crash states
by Salyer, Kevin D.
- 71-75 Instability and trade in currency areas
by Alonso, Alberto & Corchon, Luis C. & Guzman, Vanesa
- 76-82 Performance of LM-type unit root tests with trend break: A bootstrap approach
by Chou, Win Lin
- 83-89 Dealing with monopsony power: Employment subsidies vs. minimum wages
by Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank
- 90-95 Selection in migration and return migration: Evidence from micro data
by Rooth, Dan-Olof & Saarela, Jan
- 96-103 Smoking, wealth accumulation and the propensity to plan
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Silverman, Dan & Sloan, Frank & Wang, Yang
- 104-110 Testing PPP in the non-linear STAR framework
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Kutan, Ali M. & Zhou, Su
- 111-117 Equilibrium pricing in a (partial) search market: The shopbot paradox
by Harrington, Joseph Jr. & Leahey, Megan F.
- 118-123 Ricardian equivalence and the intertemporal Keynesian multiplier
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 124-128 A local generalized method of moments estimator
by Lewbel, Arthur
- 129-135 The analytics of monetary non-neutrality in the Sidrauski model
by Reis, Ricardo
- 136-140 Does the G7/G8 promote trade?
by Nitsch, Volker
- 141-145 Happy birthday! You're insured! Gender differences in work ethics
by Thoursie, Peter Skogman
- 146-153 Causality between inflation and real growth
by Hwang, Y.
2006, Volume 93, Issue 3
- 311-317 Unit root tests for cross-sectionally dependent seasonal panels
by Lee, Yonghee & Shin, Dong Wan
- 318-322 Equilibrium and efficiency of exchange rates in a silver-based monetary system--the cases of India and Iran
by Hasan, Mohammad S.
- 323-328 Predictable non-linearities in U.S. inflation
by Binner, Jane M. & Elger, C. Thomas & Nilsson, Birger & Tepper, Jonathan A.
- 329-336 Industry profits and free entry in input markets
by Matsushima, Noriaki
- 337-342 Consumption asymmetry and the stock market: Empirical evidence
by Apergis, Nicholas & Miller, Stephen M.
- 343-347 Does privatization improve the environment?
by Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur
- 348-353 The reliability-or lack thereof-of data on skills
by Dumont, Michel
- 354-359 Urban income inequality in China revisited (1988-2002)
by Demurger, Sylvie & Fournier, Martin & Li, Shi
- 360-366 A prospect-theoretical interpretation of momentum returns
by Menkhoff, Lukas & Schmeling, Maik
- 367-373 Might a conservative central banker reduce employment variability?
by James, Jonathan G. & Lawler, Phillip
- 374-378 A simple test for multivariate conditional symmetry
by Su, Liangjun
- 379-386 Non- and semi-parametric estimation in models with unknown smoothness
by Kotlyarova, Yulia & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria
- 387-392 A note on network formation with decay
by Matsubayashi, Nobuo & Yamakawa, Shigetaka
- 393-397 Floating exchange rates and inflation in Germany: Are external shocks really irrelevant?
by Basse, Tobias
- 398-404 Transparency and prices with imperfect substitutes
by Boone, Jan & Pottersz, Jan
- 405-412 Changing looks and changing "discrimination": The beauty of economists
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 413-420 Price discrimination in Cournot-Nash oligopoly
by Hazledine, Tim
- 421-426 Price discrimination of digital content
by Domon, Koji
- 427-435 Optimal consumption taxation in a model of endogenous growth with external habit formation
by Gomez, Manuel A.
- 436-442 Is low international risk sharing consistent with a high equity premium? A reconciliation of two puzzles
by Basu, Parantap & Wada, Kenji
- 443-449 A simple nonparametric test for synergies in multi-object sequential English auctions
by Brendstrup, Bjarne
- 450-456 Risk premium and market power in credit markets
by Oliver, Alfredo Martin & Fumas, Vicente Salas & Saurina, Jesus
2006, Volume 93, Issue 2
- 157-162 Is there a nonlinear co-movement in the EU countries' unemployment?
by Camarero, Mariam & Ordonez, Javier
- 163-168 Imitation, local interactions, and efficiency
by Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Weidenholzer, Simon
- 169-175 Investment and conditional uncertainty: The role of market power, irreversibility, and returns-to-scale
by Drakos, Konstantinos & Goulas, Eleftherios
- 176-181 On comparing multi-horizon forecasts
by Capistran, Carlos
- 182-189 Continuity in mechanism design without transfers
by Martimort, David & Semenov, Aggey
- 190-195 Asymmetric interest rate smoothing: The Fed approach
by Florio, Anna
- 196-201 Patents and R&D with imitation and licensing
by Mukherjee, Arijit
- 202-209 The public sector and international integration
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 210-214 OECD convergence: A sectoral decomposition exercise
by Wong, Wei-Kang
- 215-221 The term structure of interest rates under regime shifts and jumps
by Wu, Shu & Zeng, Yong
- 222-227 The joint determination of the number and the type of structural changes
by Zijun Wang
- 228-234 Quasi-fixity and multiproduct firms
by Livanis, Grigorios & Moss, Charles B.
- 235-241 The impact of unemployment insurance generosity on match quality distribution
by Centeno, Mario & Novo, Alvaro A.
- 242-247 Inefficient ownership and resale opportunities
by Gans, Joshua S.
- 248-254 Bank ownership and lending behavior
by Micco, Alejandro & Panizza, Ugo
- 255-260 Does the prediction horizon matter for the forward premium anomaly? Evidence from panel data
by Yang, Kun & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 261-266 Higher-order asymptotic properties of QML in [beta]-ARCH and [mu]-ARCH models
by Iglesias, Emma M.
- 267-271 Optimal unemployment insurance with non-separable preferences
by Menard, Sebastien
- 272-277 A note on the performance of Bover-Arellano discrete choice dynamic estimators
by Ostrovsky, Yuri
- 278-284 Voracity vs. scale effect in a growing economy without secure property rights
by Mino, Kazuo
- 285-290 External validity of a framed field experiment
by Lusk, Jayson L. & Pruitt, J.R. & Norwood, Bailey
- 291-296 Inequality and growth in the presence of competition for status
by Hopkins, Ed & Kornienko, Tatiana
- 297-304 The role of MFN under asymmetries in environmental standards
by Missios, Paul & Yildiz, Halis Murat
- 305-310 Instrument relevance and efficient estimation with panel data
by Boumahdi, Rachid & Thomas, Alban
2006, Volume 93, Issue 1
- 1-5 Evaluating policy feedback rules using the joint density function of a stochastic model
by Barrell, R. & Hall, S.G. & Hurst, I.
- 6-11 The Becker-DeGroot-Marschak mechanism is not necessarily incentive compatible, even for non-random goods
by Horowitz, John K.
- 12-17 Deflation and recession: Finding the empirical link
by Guerrero, Federico & Parker, Elliott
- 18-25 Growth and inequality: Are the 1990s different?
by Lopez, Humberto
- 26-30 Calibrating capital adjustment costs in the New-Keynesian model
by Groth, Charlotta
- 31-36 The equilibrium locations of three stores with different selections of differentiated products
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 37-44 An alternative series based consistent model specification test
by Sun, Yun & Li, Qi
- 45-51 Patterns of ICT diffusion across the European Union
by Vicente, Maria Rosalia & Lopez, Ana Jesus
- 52-57 What drives trade-related R&D spillovers? Decomposing knowledge-diffusing trade flows
by Bitzer, Jurgen & Geishecker, Ingo
- 58-62 Kalman filtering with truncated normal state variables for Bayesian estimation of macroeconomic models
by Dueker, Michael
- 63-67 On the equity-efficiency trade off in aggregating infinite utility streams
by Banerjee, Kuntal
- 68-74 Monopolistic competition and entrepreneurial risk-taking
by Clemens, Christiane
- 75-81 The small sample performance of the Wald test in the sample selection model under the multicollinearity problem
by Yamagata, Takashi
- 82-87 Political business cycles in local employment: Evidence from Portugal
by Coelho, Cesar & Veiga, Francisco Jose & Veiga, Linda G.
- 88-93 Factor mobility and wage inequality in the presence of specialisation-based external economies
by Anwar, Sajid
- 94-100 Optimal search auctions with correlated bidder types
by Cremer, Jacques & Spiegel, Yossi & Zheng, Charles Z.
- 101-105 Testable implications of coalitional rationality
by Bachmann, Ruediger
- 106-110 Bundling in exchange markets with indivisible goods
by Klaus, Bettina & Dimitrov, Dinko & Haake, Claus-Jochen
- 111-115 Does wage compression explain rigid money wages?
by Zoega, Gylfi & Karlsson, Thorlakur
- 116-120 A simple rule for assessing tariff and tax incidence
by Tokarick, Stephen
- 121-125 Does equality lead to fraternity?
by Leigh, Andrew
- 126-131 Endogenous preemption on both sides of a market
by Guth, Werner & Muller, Wieland & Potters, Jan
- 132-136 Learning with limited bandwidth and attention to others' learning
by Cone, Thomas E.
- 137-141 A Lagrange multiplier test for causality in variance
by Hafner, Christian M. & Herwartz, Helmut
- 142-149 Statistical inference as a bargaining game
by Ley, Eduardo
- 150-155 Entry barriers and growth
by Buttner, Bettina
2006, Volume 92, Issue 3
- 301-305 A dynamic model of soft budget-constraint
by Gu, Zhihui & Zhang, Shiyun