2007, Volume 96, Issue 2
- 168-176 Habit persistence in consumption and the demand for money
by Lioui, Abraham & Rangvid, Jesper
- 177-182 Does opportunism pay off?
by Veiga, Linda G. & Veiga, Francisco Jose
- 183-188 The impact of the future in games with multiple equilibria
by Hausken, Kjell
- 189-195 IS-LM and the multiplier: A dynamic general equilibrium model
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 196-201 The degree of precautionary saving: A reexamination
by Lee, Jeong-Joon & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 202-208 Worker quality and labor market sorting
by Curme, Michael & Stefanec, Noah
- 209-214 A method for evaluating the excess burden associated with characteristics of the goods
by Bilbao, Amelia & Bilbao, Celia & Labeaga, Jose M.
- 215-220 Testing additive separability
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Whitney, Gerald A.
- 221-225 Retail buyer power through steering
by Raskovich, Alexander
- 226-231 A note on geometric ergodicity of a multiple threshold AR(1) processes on the boundary region with application to integrated m-m processes
by Lee, O. & Shin, D.W.
- 232-236 Real effort versus chosen effort in experiments
by Bruggen, Alexander & Strobel, Martin
- 237-244 International database on human capital quality
by Altinok, Nadir & Murseli, Hatidje
- 245-252 International Growth Equalization along nonbalanced constant growth paths
by Jin, Yi & Zeng, Zhixiong
- 253-258 Foreign direct investment and indigenous technological efforts: Evidence from China
by Fan, C. Simon & Hu, Yifan
- 259-263 Production function residuals, VAR technology shocks, and hours worked: Evidence from industry data
by Alexius, Annika & Carlsson, Mikael
- 264-268 Does income inequality lead to more crime? A comparison of cross-sectional and time-series analyses of United States counties
by Brush, Jesse
- 269-274 Development and inequality: Evidence from an endogenous switching regression without regime separation
by Chen, Zhuo
- 275-281 Mind your ps and qs! Improving ARMA forecasts with RBC priors
by Lees, Kirdan & Matheson, Troy
- 282-286 A bootstrap-based minimum bias maximum simulated likelihood estimator of Mixed Logit
by Tsagkanos, Athanasios G.
- 287-292 Mixed oligopoly, privatization, subsidization, and the order of firms' moves: Several types of objectives
by Kato, Kazuhiko & Tomaru, Yoshihiro
- 292-293 Erratum to "Microeconomic uncertainties facilitate cooperative alliances and social welfare" [Economics Letters 95 (2007) 104-109]
by Perc, Matjaz
- 292-294 Erratum to "Transparency and prices with imperfect substitutes" [Economics Letters 93 (2006) 398-404]
by Boone, Jan & Potters, Jan
2007, Volume 96, Issue 1
- 1-7 Interest deductibility under default risk and the unfavorable tax treatment of investment costs: A simple explanation
by Panteghini, Paolo M.
- 8-13 How far ahead do people plan?
by Hey, John D. & Knoll, Julia A.
- 14-22 Asymmetric information and stock return cross-autocorrelations
by Bernhardt, Dan & Mahani, Reza S.
- 23-29 The dynamically extended Keynesian cross and the welfare-improving fiscal policy
by Otaki, Masayuki
- 30-37 Tentative evidence of tax foresight
by Yang, Shu-Chun Susan
- 38-44 Multicointegration under measurement errors
by Hassler, Uwe
- 45-50 The impossibility of a Paretian rational: A Bayesian perspective
by Nehring, Klaus
- 51-57 The welfare loss from unstable inflation
by Nistico, Salvatore
- 58-63 The effects of exports, technical change and markup on total factor productivity growth: Evidence from Singapore's electronics industry
by Bloch, Harry & Tang, Sam Hak Kan
- 64-69 Trade policy: What's welfare got to do with it?
by Damania, Richard & Fredriksson, Per G.
- 70-76 Binary models with misclassification in the variable of interest and nonignorable nonresponse
by Ramalho, Esmeralda A.
- 77-83 Supply shocks, private sector information and monetary policy: Is there inevitably a stabilization trade-off?
by James, Jonathan G. & Lawler, Phillip
- 84-88 R&D and the use of spillovers
by Jirjahn, Uwe
- 89-96 Growth and the environment: Are we looking at the right data?
by Chimeli, Ariaster B.
- 97-102 Monetary policy dynamics in the Euro area
by Feve, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Poilly, Celine
- 103-108 Non-Manipulability vs. Individual Rationality in a permit sharing problem
by Shin, Sungwhee & Suh, Sang-Chul
- 109-115 Threat of unionization and nonunion employment
by Ruiz-Verdu, Pablo
- 116-119 Tax incidence varies across the price distribution
by Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Wu, Ximing
- 120-126 Business enterprise R&D, technological change, and intellectual property protection
by Kanwar, Sunil
- 127-132 The US-China trade imbalance: Will revaluing the RMB help (much)?
by Groenewold, Nicolaas & He, Lei
- 133-139 Team competition and the public goods game
by Tan, Jonathan H.W. & Bolle, Friedel
- 140-143 On the alternating use of "unanimity" and "surjectivity" in the Gibbard-Satterthwaite Theorem
by Dogan, Emre & Sanver, M. Remzi
- 144-149 Local media networks and social spending: Evidence from the UK
by Revelli, Federico
2007, Volume 95, Issue 3
- 315-319 Deterministic impulse response in a nonlinear model. An analytical expression
by Venetis, Ioannis A. & Paya, Ivan & Peel, David A.
- 320-326 IMF programs and reforms -- inhibition or encouragement?
by Dreher, Axel & Rupprecht, Sarah M.
- 327-333 Monetary policy responses and strategic price setting
by Bratsiotis, George J.
- 334-338 Pure redistribution and the provision of public goods
by Sausgruber, Rupert & Tyran, Jean-Robert
- 339-347 Asymmetric adjustment of stock prices to their fundamental value and the predictability of US stock returns
by Boucher, Christophe
- 348-354 Domains of social choice functions on which coalition strategy-proofness and Maskin monotonicity are equivalent
by Takamiya, Koji
- 355-361 Can labor markets help resolve collusion?
by Bertomeu, Jeremy
- 362-368 Characteristics of international patent application outcomes
by Webster, Elizabeth & Palangkaraya, Alfons & Jensen, Paul H.
- 369-373 A non-monotonic relationship between FDI and trade
by Pontes, Jose Pedro
- 374-379 Score tests of normality in bivariate probit models
by Murphy, Anthony
- 380-385 Improving consistent moment selection procedures for generalized method of moments estimation
by Chatelain, Jean-Bernard
- 386-393 The Knightian uncertainty and the risk premium and the risk free rate puzzles in Japan and the U.S
by Wada, Kenji
- 394-397 Do excessive legal standards discourage desirable activity?
by Shavell, Steven
- 398-401 A note on renegotiation in repeated Bertrand duopolies
by Andersson, Ola & Wengstrom, Erik
- 402-407 Equity and adverse selection with correlated costs
by Desiraju, Ramarao & Sappington, David E.M.
- 408-414 An analysis of inflation and interest rates. New panel unit root results in the presence of structural breaks
by Costantini, Mauro & Lupi, Claudio
- 415-421 On the relationship between defense and non-defense spending in the U.S. during the world wars
by Beetsma, Roel M.W.J. & Cukierman, Alex & Giuliodori, Massimo
- 422-427 A note on variable addition tests for linear and log-linear models
by Godfrey, L.G. & Santos Silva, J.M.C.
- 428-432 Is gaming the optimal strategy? The impact of gaming facilities on the income and employment of American Indians
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Gitter, Robert J.
- 433-437 Nominal increases and the perception of likelihood
by Wong, Wei-Kang
- 438-442 Does the European Central Bank have a credibility problem?
by Breedon, Francis & Hume, Michael
- 443-450 Capital asset pricing models revisited: Evidence from errors in variables
by Coen, Alain & Racicot, Francois-Eric
- 451-455 Earmarking lottery proceeds for public goods: Empirical evidence from U.S. lotto expenditures
by Landry, Craig E. & Price, Michael K.
- 456-461 Optimal coverage for incompletely reliable insurance
by Mahul, Olivier & Wright, Brian D.
- 462-467 Bad news can be good news: Early dropouts in an English auction with multi-dimensional signals
by Levin, Dan & Peck, James & Ye, Lixin
2007, Volume 95, Issue 2
- 161-166 Are there diminishing returns to R&D?
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 167-173 Right to choose in oral auctions
by Burguet, Roberto
- 174-179 Optimal inattentive length in macroeconomic models
by Jinnai, Ryo
- 180-185 Why do amusement parks only charge a fixed admission fee?
by Wu, Dachrahn & Liu, Nien-Pen
- 186-191 Are environmental policies counterproductive?
by Calmette, Marie-Francoise & Pechoux, Isabelle
- 192-197 Electricity market structure, electricity price, and its volatility
by Chang, Youngho & Park, Cheolbeom
- 198-202 New estimates of union wage effects in the U.S
by Gittleman, Maury & Pierce, Brooks
- 203-210 Small-sample inference in rational expectations models with persistent data
by Li, Hong
- 211-216 Is higher confidence of fiat money necessarily desirable?
by Tanaka, Jumpei
- 217-222 A comparative analysis of the stabilizing properties of nominal income growth targeting
by Guender, Alfred V.
- 223-229 Mechanical mean reversion of leverage ratios
by Chen, Long & Zhao, Xinlei
- 230-233 A simple way to capture transaction balances
by Seitz, Franz
- 234-240 When different market concentration indices agree
by Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey
- 241-246 Exact test for breaks in covariance in multivariate regressions
by Khalaf, Lynda & Kichian, Maral
- 247-252 Fixed-effect estimation of technical efficiency with time-invariant dummies
by Feng, Qu & Horrace, William C.
- 253-258 Asymmetric information and legal investor protection
by Mougin, Fanny
- 259-266 Quasi Akaike and quasi Schwarz criteria for model selection: A surprising consistency result
by Giombini, Germana & Szroeter, Jerzy
- 267-271 Price discrimination using linear and nonlinear pricing simultaneously
by Nahata, Babu & Ringbom, Staffan
- 272-277 Inference approaches for instrumental variable quantile regression
by Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian & Jansson, Michael
- 278-284 A note on Common Agency models of moral hazard
by Attar, Andrea & Piaser, Gwenael & Porteiro, Nicolas
- 285-290 Testing for Purchasing Power Parity correcting for non-normality using the wild bootstrap
by Arghyrou, Michael G. & Gregoriou, Andros
- 291-296 On the econometrics of the geometric lag model
by Franses, Philip Hans & van Oest, Rutger
- 297-302 Optimal monetary policy and the timing of asset trade in open economies
by Senay, Ozge & Sutherland, Alan
- 303-308 Did the European exchange-rate mechanism contribute to the integration of peripheral countries?
by Gil-Pareja, Salvador & Llorca-Vivero, Rafael & Martinez-Serrano, Jose Antonio
- 309-314 Estimating long memory: Scaling function vs Andrews and Guggenberger GPH
by Fillol, Jerome
2007, Volume 95, Issue 1
- 1-6 On the identification of Frisch labor supplies
by Donni, Olivier
- 7-13 Network externalities and market segmentation in a monopoly
by Jing, Bing
- 14-16 Sexual reproduction and time-inconsistent preferences
by Warneryd, Karl
- 17-24 Is virtual codesharing a market segmenting mechanism employed by airlines?
by Gayle, Philip G.
- 25-31 Yet another long-run neutrality result: Absence of tax-induced growth effects under implicit intergenerational contracts
by Yuen, Chi-Wa
- 32-38 Small sample bias properties of the system GMM estimator in dynamic panel data models
by Hayakawa, Kazuhiko
- 39-47 The epsilon-Gini-contamination multiple priors model admits a linear-mean-standard-deviation utility representation
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi
- 48-53 Adjustable supply in uniform price auctions: Non-commitment as a strategic tool
by McAdams, David
- 54-59 Basic stocks of knowledge and productivity: Further evidence from the hierarchical Bayes estimator
by Musolesi, Antonio
- 60-65 A change in the timing of auctions with synergies and its impact on bidding behavior
by De Silva, Dakshina G. & Kankanamge, Anuruddha & Kosmopoulou, Georgia
- 66-72 The impact of virtual bidding on price volatility in New York's wholesale electricity market
by Hadsell, Lester
- 73-79 Optimal capital income taxation in a small open economy
by Angyridis, Constantine
- 80-84 An axiomatization of the core of games with restricted cooperation
by Llerena, Francesc
- 85-90 A note on the impossibility of a satisfactory concept of stability for coalition formation games
by Barbera, Salvador & Gerber, Anke
- 91-95 A textbook example of international price discrimination
by Cabolis, Christos & Clerides, Sofronis & Ioannou, Ioannis & Senft, Daniel
- 96-103 Admiration is a source of indeterminacy
by Chen, Been-Lon & Hsu, Mei
- 104-109 Microeconomic uncertainties facilitate cooperative alliances and social welfare
by Perc, Matjaz
- 110-116 Predicting Markov volatility switches using monetary policy variables
by Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 117-123 The exact distribution of the TSLS estimator for a non-Gaussian just-identified linear structural equation
by Forchini, Giovanni
- 124-131 A model of power-biased technological change
by Skott, Peter & Guy, Frederick
- 132-139 Raw materials world price changes and exchange rates in a small open economy
by Garcia-Cebro, Juan A. & Varela-Santamaria, Ramon
- 140-145 Further evidence on revenue decentralization and inflation
by Thornton, John
- 146-150 Testing hyperbolic discounting in consumer decisions: Evidence for Argentina
by Ahumada, Hildegart A. & Garegnani, Maria Lorena
- 151-156 Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries
by Bourles, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert
- 156-157 Erratum to "A simple rule for assessing tariff and tax incidence" [Economics Letters 93 (2006) 116-120]
by Tokarick, Stephen
2007, Volume 94, Issue 3
- 313-318 Gifts, bequests and family incentives
by Jellal, Mohamed & Wolff, Francois-Charles
- 319-325 Asset pricing with multiplicative habit and power-expo preferences
by Smith, William T. & Zhang, Qiang
- 326-331 A decentralized and state-independent mechanism for internalizing international monetary policy spillovers
by Campoy, Juan Cristobal & Negrete, Juan Carlos
- 332-337 Money illusion under test
by Boes, Stefan & Lipp, Markus & Winkelmann, Rainer
- 338-341 Convergence towards a steady-state distribution
by Webber, Don J. & White, Paul
- 342-347 Severance payments in equilibrium unemployment
by Usui, Emiko
- 348-355 Is the trend in post-WW II US real GDP uncertain or non-linear?
by Vougas, Dimitrios V.
- 356-360 Investment policy with heterogeneous beliefs of investors
by Chen, Chi-Jen & Liu, Victor W.
- 361-366 A note on income converge effects in regional integration agreements
by Carmignani, Fabrizio
- 367-371 Analysis of industrial dynamics: A note on the relationship between firms' size and growth rate
by Palestrini, Antonio
- 372-377 Informed control over inputs and extent of industrial processing
by Hennessy, David A.
- 378-382 On the welfare implications of Southern catch-up
by Zhu, Susan Chun
- 383-388 Testing for rate dependence and asymmetry in inflation uncertainty: Evidence from the G7 economies
by Henry, Olan T. & Olekalns, Nilss & Suardi, Sandy
- 389-395 Causality between exports, imports, and economic growth: Evidence from transition economies
by Awokuse, Titus O.
- 396-401 A simple matching model with social networks
by Fontaine, Francois
- 402-407 The inverse imported factor demand system in Thailand: A cointegration analysis
by Rangkakulnuwat, Poomthan & Wang, H. Holly & Ahn, Sung K.
- 408-413 On the asymptotic validity of a bootstrap method for testing nonnested hypotheses
by Godfrey, Leslie G.
- 414-420 The wage curve revisited: Estimates from a UK panel
by Johnes, Geraint
- 421-425 Is collusion of corrupt agents welfare increasing?
by Roumanias, Costas
- 426-432 The microstructure of the Canada/U.S. dollar exchange rate: A robustness test
by Gradojevic, Nikola
- 433-438 Global unemployment shocks
by Smith, Ron & Zoega, Gylfi
- 439-444 The effect of government grants on plant level productivity
by Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric
- 445-451 A "maximum-eigenvalue" test for the cointegration ranks in I(2) vector autoregressions
by Nielsen, Heino Bohn
- 452-458 Nonparametric and semiparametric evidence on the long-run effects of inflation on growth
by Vaona, A. & Schiavo, S.
- 459-462 On the existence of pure-strategy Nash equilibrium
by Lu, Haishu
2007, Volume 94, Issue 2
- 155-162 International labor and capital flows: Complements or substitutes?
by Kugler, Maurice & Rapoport, Hillel
- 163-169 Delegation of decision rights and the winner's curse
by Blanes i Vidal, Jordi
- 170-176 A note on the empirics of the neoclassical growth model
by Caggiano, Giovanni & Leonida, Leone
- 177-184 The Pareto frontier of a finitely repeated game with unequal discounting
by Chen, Bo
- 185-191 The bias of elasticity estimators in linear regression: Some analytic results
by Qian, Chen & Giles, David E.
- 192-196 VCG mechanisms and efficient ex ante investments with externalities
by Krahmer, Daniel & Strausz, Roland
- 197-201 Butter mountains and wine lakes
by Reinhorn, Leslie J.
- 202-207 Wage bargaining and monopsony
by Falch, Torberg & Strom, Bjarne
- 208-212 Sequential dominance and weighted utilitarianism
by Ooghe, Erwin
- 213-219 The power of autocorrelation tests near the unit root in models with possibly mis-specified linear restrictions
by Wan, Alan T.K. & Zou, Guohua & Banerjee, Anurag
- 220-225 The impact of government debt on private consumption in OECD countries
by Berben, Robert-Paul & Brosens, Teunis
- 226-227 Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly: Another forgotten equilibrium
by Lu, Yuanzhu
- 228-234 Occupational choice, educational attainment, and fertility
by Kimura, Masako & Yasui, Daishin
- 235-239 Simulating stock returns under switching regimes - A new test of market efficiency
by Meenagh, David & Minford, Patrick & Peel, David
- 240-244 Informed principal and countervailing incentives
by Fleckinger, Pierre
- 245-252 Uncertainty in UK manufacturing: Evidence from qualitative survey data
by Mitchell, James & Mouratidis, Kostas & Weale, Martin
- 253-258 Maskin monotonicity in economies with indivisible goods and money
by Fujinaka, Yuji & Sakai, Toyotaka
- 259-265 Asymmetric exchange rate intervention and international reserve accumulation in India
by Ramachandran, M. & Srinivasan, Naveen
- 266-270 Employers' search prior to exhaustion of advance notice period
by Brencic, Vera
- 271-277 Jobs for young university graduates
by Cardoso, Ana Rute
- 278-283 Segregation preferences and labour market outcomes
by Clark, Ken & Drinkwater, Stephen
- 284-289 Equilibrium selection and the role of information in repeated matching markets
by Haruvy, Ernan & Utku Unver, M.
- 290-296 The dynamics of patent citations
by Marco, Alan C.
- 297-303 Shannon's entropy as an index of product variety
by Straathof, Sebastiaan M.
- 304-312 The analytics of seasonal migration
by Stark, Oded & Fan, C. Simon
2007, Volume 94, Issue 1
- 1-6 Is the inflation-output Nexus asymmetric in the Euro area?
by Baghli, Mustapha & Cahn, Christophe & Fraisse, Henri
- 7-11 IQ and economic growth: Further augmentation of Mankiw-Romer-Weil model
by Ram, Rati
- 12-19 A simple modification to improve the finite sample properties of Ng and Perron's unit root tests
by Perron, Pierre & Qu, Zhongjun
- 20-25 Economic development and the impacts of natural disasters
by Toya, Hideki & Skidmore, Mark
- 26-31 Inflation persistence and monetary policy: A simple result
by Amano, Robert
- 32-37 Is generosity involuntary?
by Broberg, Tomas & Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus
- 38-42 A note on measuring internal migration in the United States
by Pingle, Jonathan F.
- 43-48 Quality adjusted price indexes and the Willig condition
by Smith, V. Kerry & Banzhaf, H. Spencer
- 49-55 Effects of mortality risk on risk-taking behavior
by Liu, Liqun & Rettenmaier, Andrew J.
- 56-63 Monetary conservatism and fiscal coordination in a monetary union
by Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Tirelli, Patrizio
- 64-70 Macroeconomic priorities and crash states
by Salyer, Kevin D.
- 71-75 Instability and trade in currency areas
by Alonso, Alberto & Corchon, Luis C. & Guzman, Vanesa
- 76-82 Performance of LM-type unit root tests with trend break: A bootstrap approach
by Chou, Win Lin
- 83-89 Dealing with monopsony power: Employment subsidies vs. minimum wages
by Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank
- 90-95 Selection in migration and return migration: Evidence from micro data
by Rooth, Dan-Olof & Saarela, Jan
- 96-103 Smoking, wealth accumulation and the propensity to plan
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Silverman, Dan & Sloan, Frank & Wang, Yang
- 104-110 Testing PPP in the non-linear STAR framework
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Kutan, Ali M. & Zhou, Su
- 111-117 Equilibrium pricing in a (partial) search market: The shopbot paradox
by Harrington, Joseph Jr. & Leahey, Megan F.
- 118-123 Ricardian equivalence and the intertemporal Keynesian multiplier
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 124-128 A local generalized method of moments estimator
by Lewbel, Arthur
- 129-135 The analytics of monetary non-neutrality in the Sidrauski model
by Reis, Ricardo
- 136-140 Does the G7/G8 promote trade?
by Nitsch, Volker
- 141-145 Happy birthday! You're insured! Gender differences in work ethics
by Thoursie, Peter Skogman
- 146-153 Causality between inflation and real growth
by Hwang, Y.
2006, Volume 93, Issue 3
- 311-317 Unit root tests for cross-sectionally dependent seasonal panels
by Lee, Yonghee & Shin, Dong Wan
- 318-322 Equilibrium and efficiency of exchange rates in a silver-based monetary system--the cases of India and Iran
by Hasan, Mohammad S.
- 323-328 Predictable non-linearities in U.S. inflation
by Binner, Jane M. & Elger, C. Thomas & Nilsson, Birger & Tepper, Jonathan A.
- 329-336 Industry profits and free entry in input markets
by Matsushima, Noriaki
- 337-342 Consumption asymmetry and the stock market: Empirical evidence
by Apergis, Nicholas & Miller, Stephen M.
- 343-347 Does privatization improve the environment?
by Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur