September 2009, Volume 104, Issue 3
- 112-114 On estimating firm-level production functions using proxy variables to control for unobservables
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 115-117 Does the size of the action set matter for cooperation?
by Gangadharan, Lata & Nikiforakis, Nikos
- 118-121 Rent-seeking under a weak institutional environment
by Infante, Davide & Smirnova, Janna
- 122-124 Investment and financial constraints in Hungarian agriculture
by Bakucs, Lajos Zoltán & Ferto, Imre & Fogarasi, József
- 125-128 A structural model of the fixed time costs of market work
by Donald, Stephen G. & Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 129-132 A restriction on lobbyist donations
by Kline, Brendan
- 133-135 A quantile regression approach for estimating panel data models using instrumental variables
by Harding, Matthew & Lamarche, Carlos
- 136-139 The coefficient of the whole is an average of the coefficients of its parts: A special case of restricted least squares
by Kee, Hiau Looi
- 140-143 Rogoff revisited: The conservative central banker proposition under active fiscal policies
by Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Libich, Jan & Stehlík, Petr
- 144-147 Quality certification standards in competitive markets: When consumers and producers (dis)agree
by Lapan, Harvey & Moschini, GianCarlo
- 148-150 Multiple bidding in auctions as bidders become confident of their private valuations
by Cotton, Christopher
- 151-153 Endogenous political competition and political accountability
by Makris, Miltiadis
August 2009, Volume 104, Issue 2
- 53-56 Global identification of the semiparametric Box-Cox model
by Komunjer, Ivana
- 57-60 Reconsidering hedonic art price indexes
by Collins, Alan & Scorcu, Antonello & Zanola, Roberto
- 61-62 A technique for calculating labor market flows
by Nissim, Ben-David
- 63-65 Determinants of the distribution of congressional earmarks across states
by Boyle, Melissa A. & Matheson, Victor A.
- 66-68 Testing under local misspecification and artificial regressions
by Bera, Anil K. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel & Sosa-Escudero, Walter
- 69-71 Why higher punishment may reduce deterrence
by Feess, Eberhard & Wohlschlegel, Ansgar
- 72-75 The pro-trade effect of the brain drain: Sorting out confounding factors
by Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Jung, Benjamin
- 76-78 Does foreign aid improve governance?
by Busse, Matthias & Gröning, Steffen
- 79-80 Patents and profit rates
by Kaiser, Ulrich
- 81-82 Spatial lag test with equal weights
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Liu, Long
- 83-85 Star-shaped probability weighting functions and overbidding in first-price auctions
by Armantier, Olivier & Treich, Nicolas
- 86-88 On revenue and welfare dominance of ad valorem taxes in two-sided markets
by Kind, Hans Jarle & Koethenbuerger, Marko & Schjelderup, Guttorm
- 89-91 Is mistrust self-fulfilling?
by Reuben, Ernesto & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi
- 92-95 How forward-looking is the Fed? Direct estimates from a 'Calvo-type' rule
by Gabriel, Vasco J. & Levine, Paul & Spencer, Christopher
- 96-98 Comparison of two treatments and inconsistency of bootstrap
by Kawai, Keiichi
- 99-101 GLS-detrending and regime-wise stationarity testing in small samples
by Lopez, Claude
- 102-105 An experimental investigation of endowment source heterogeneity in two-person public good games
by Spraggon, John & Oxoby, Robert J.
July 2009, Volume 104, Issue 1
- 1-4 Modeling sudden stops: The non-trivial role of preference specifications
by Chakraborty, Suparna
- 5-8 Testing for unit root in nonlinear heterogeneous panels
by Ucar, Nuri & Omay, Tolga
- 9-12 Overstatement and rational market expectation
by Kwon, Illoong & Yeo, Eunjung
- 13-16 Multiple equilibria and selection by learning in an applied setting
by Lee, Robin S. & Pakes, Ariel
- 17-19 Another weakness of "determinacy" as a selection criterion for rational expectations models
by Cho, Seonghoon & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 20-22 Price sensitive prescribers
by Neilson, William S.
- 23-26 Simultaneous vs. sequential price competition with incomplete information
by Arozamena, Leandro & Weinschelbaum, Federico
- 27-30 Population and neoclassical economic growth: A new child policy perspective
by Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca
- 31-33 Two are better than one!: Individuals' contributions to "unpacked" public goods
by Bernasconi, Michele & Corazzini, Luca & Kube, Sebastian & Maréchal, Michel André
- 34-36 Structural changes in job creation and destruction
by Liu, De-Chih
- 37-39 Revisiting the role of multiplicative uncertainty in a model without inflationary bias
by Ciccarone, Giuseppe & Marchetti, Enrico
- 40-42 Income inequality and pecuniary crimes
by Scorzafave, Luiz Guilherme & Soares, Milena Karla
- 43-45 Myopic loss aversion revisited
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo & Pogrebna, Ganna
- 46-48 Real wage rigidity and the Taylor principle
by Araújo, Eurilton
- 49-51 Addressing the food aid curse
by Blouin, Max & Pallage, Stéphane
June 2009, Volume 103, Issue 3
- 119-122 Relative poverty as a determinant of migration: Evidence from Poland
by Stark, Oded & Micevska, Maja & Mycielski, Jerzy
- 123-126 Pitfalls in market timing test
by Chu, Chia-Shang & Lu, Liping & Shi, Zhentao
- 127-130 FDI as a signal of quality
by Katayama, Seiichi & Miyagiwa, Kaz
- 131-134 Evolution of preferences in an exchange economy
by Chang, Jannet & Stauber, Ronald
- 135-137 Generalized Fama proxy hypothesis: Impact of shocks on Phillips curve and relation of stock returns with inflation
by Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Rahman, Abdul H.
- 138-141 Intellectual property rights and appropriability of innovation
by Akiyama, Taro & Furukawa, Yuichi
- 142-145 Contest with pre-contest investment
by Fu, Qiang & Lu, Jingfeng
- 146-148 The transition of corruption: From poverty to honesty
by Gundlach, Erich & Paldam, Martin
- 149-152 Obesity and crime: Is there a relationship?
by Price, Gregory N.
- 153-156 R&D and endogenous asymmetries between firms
by Garcia Pires, Armando J.
- 157-159 The strategy method lowers measured trustworthy behavior
by Casari, Marco & Cason, Timothy N.
- 160-162 Exact inference in diagnosing Value-at-Risk estimates -- A Monte Carlo device
by Herwartz, Helmut
- 163-166 Joint determinations of inequality and growth
by Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Lin, Yi-Chen & Yeh, Chih-Chuan
May 2009, Volume 103, Issue 2
- 65-67 Economic integration and the comovement of stock returns
by Tavares, José
- 68-71 Paying for performance and motivation crowding out
by Siciliani, Luigi
- 72-74 Excludable public goods: Pricing and social welfare maximization
by Bai, Chong-En & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang
- 75-77 Wage inequality, welfare and downsizing
by Anwar, Sajid
- 78-80 Endogenous discounting via wealth, twin-peaks and the role of technology
by Schumacher, Ingmar
- 81-83 A matching estimator of household equivalence scales
by Szulc, Adam
- 84-86 The alliance formation puzzle and capacity constraints
by Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan
- 87-90 Age at school entry and intergenerational educational mobility
by Bauer, Philipp C. & Riphahn, Regina T.
- 91-95 Retailer price distributions and promotional activities
by Rennhoff, Adam D. & Serfes, Konstantinos
- 96-98 Unemployment benefits crowd out nascent entrepreneurial activity
by Koellinger, Philipp & Minniti, Maria
- 99-100 Monopoly, Ramsey and Lindahl in Rochet and Tirole (2003)
by Weyl, E. Glen
- 101-106 French butchers don't do quantum physics
by Manas, Arnaud
- 107-109 Non-stationary transition matrices: An overlooked issue in intra-distribution dynamics
by Hierro, María & Maza, Adolfo
- 110-112 Breadth, depth, and competition
by Bar-Isaac, Heski
- 113-116 Consumption and habit formation when time horizon is finite
by Angelini, Viola
- 117-117 A positive theory of immigration amnesties. A comment
by García, Ángel Solano
April 2009, Volume 103, Issue 1
- 1-4 Investor protections and economic growth
by Haidar, Jamal Ibrahim
- 5-7 Can government spending increase private consumption? The role of complementarity
by Ganelli, Giovanni & Tervala, Juha
- 8-11 Retiring to the good life? The short-term effects of retirement on health
by Johnston, David W. & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 12-14 The apples and oranges theorem for price indices
by van Veelen, Matthijs
- 15-17 The elasticity of intertemporal substitution: New evidence from 401(k) participation
by Engelhardt, Gary V. & Kumar, Anil
- 18-22 Productive low morale
by Zhao, Rui R.
- 23-25 Do bequests increase or decrease wealth inequalities?
by Horioka, Charles Yuji
- 26-28 Trade variety and political conflict: Some international evidence
by Jinjarak, Yothin
- 29-32 What can we learn from central bankers' words? Some nonparametric tests for the ECB
by Mizen, Paul
- 33-35 Participation costs for responders can reduce rejection rates in ultimatum bargaining
by Wichardt, Philipp C. & Schunk, Daniel & Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 36-38 A robust algorithm for parameter estimation in smooth transition autoregressive models
by Bekiros, Stelios D.
- 39-41 Is the New Keynesian Phillips curve flat?
by Kuester, Keith & Müller, Gernot J. & Stölting, Sarah
- 42-44 Bonferroni correction for seasonal cointegrating ranks
by Seong, Byeongchan
- 45-48 Construction of probability metrics on classes of investors
by Stoyanov, Stoyan V. & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Fabozzi, Frank J.
- 49-51 A test of the representativeness bias effect on stock prices: A study of Super Bowl commercial likeability
by Chang, Charles & Jiang, Jing & Kim, Kenneth A.
- 52-54 A causal test of the demonstration effect theory
by Mitrut, Andreea & Wolff, François-Charles
- 55-58 Bertrand competition with non-rigid capacity constraints
by Roy Chowdhury, Prabal
- 59-61 Systematic peak-load pricing, congestion premia and demand diverting: Empirical evidence
by Escobari, Diego
- 62-64 Measuring the degree of time varying market inefficiency
by Ito, Mikio & Sugiyama, Shunsuke
March 2009, Volume 102, Issue 3
- 143-146 Does money still matter for U.S. output?
by Berger, Helge & Österholm, Pär
- 147-151 Does global slack matter more than domestic slack in determining U.S. inflation?
by Milani, Fabio
- 152-154 Giving it now or later: Altruism and discounting
by Kovarik, Jaromir
- 155-157 Hotelling competition with demand on parallel line
by Huang, Tao
- 158-160 Social trust and human capital formation
by Papagapitos, Agapitos & Riley, Robert
- 161-164 Linear and nonlinear causality between changes in consumption and consumer attitudes
by Qiao, Zhuo & McAleer, Michael & Wong, Wing-Keung
- 165-168 Transparency and product variety
by Schultz, Christian
- 169-173 A note on optimal allocation mechanisms
by Figueroa, Nicols & Skreta, Vasiliki
- 174-176 Making sense of the labor market height premium: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Case, Anne & Paxson, Christina & Islam, Mahnaz
- 177-180 Sticks and carrots: Two incentive mechanisms supporting intra-group cooperation
by Janus, Thorsten & Lim, Jamus Jerome
- 181-184 Spatial growth volatility and age-structured human capital dynamics in Europe
by Parhi, Mamata & Mishra, Tapas
- 185-188 Entry, access pricing, and welfare in the telecommunications industry
by Behringer, Stefan
- 189-191 Sibling-sex composition and its effects on fertility and labor supply of Greek mothers
by Daouli, Joan & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas
- 192-194 The role of egalitarian motives in altruistic punishment
by Johnson, Tim & Dawes, Christopher T. & Fowler, James H. & McElreath, Richard & Smirnov, Oleg
- 195-197 Investments in education: Too much or not enough?
by van der Meer, Peter H.
- 198-200 A note on noncompetes, bargaining and training by firms
by Meccheri, Nicola
February 2009, Volume 102, Issue 2
- 67-69 Private information in monopoly with random participation
by Saak, Alexander E.
- 70-72 Is there an optimistic bias on betting markets?
by Page, Lionel
- 73-75 Is the growing skill premium a purely metropolitan issue?
by Chung, Chul & Clark, Jeremy & Kim, Bonggeun
- 76-77 Internal adjustment costs in capital-intensive and labor-intensive industries
by Chakrabarti, Avik
- 78-82 Tests for a mean shift with good size and monotonic power
by Kejriwal, Mohitosh
- 83-86 Tests of bias in log-periodogram regression
by Davidson, James & Sibbertsen, Philipp
- 87-89 The second moments matter: The impact of macroeconomic uncertainty on the allocation of loanable funds
by Baum, Christopher F. & Caglayan, Mustafa & Ozkan, Neslihan
- 90-92 The wage curve in Russia, 1995-2005
by Shilov, Andrey & Möller, Joachim
- 93-95 Income mobility profiles
by Van Kerm, Philippe
- 96-98 On the dynamic implications of news shocks
by Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume
- 99-101 Payoff-dependent mistakes and q-resistant equilibrium
by Yi, Kang-Oh
- 102-105 The elasticity of the unemployment rate with respect to benefits
by Christoffel, Kai & Kuester, Keith
- 106-108 Measuring the determinants of business cycle synchronization using a panel approach
by Cerqueira, Pedro André & Martins, Rodrigo
- 109-111 Non-binding minimum taxes may foster tax competition
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 112-115 New evidence from the misery index in the crime function
by Tang, Chor Foon & Lean, Hooi Hooi
- 116-118 Alternatives to initialize the Parameterized Expectations Algorithm
by Pérez, Javier J. & Sánchez, A. Jesús
- 119-121 Monetary accommodation and unemployment: Why central bank transparency matters
by Spyromitros, Eleftherios & Zimmer, Blandine
- 122-124 Should students be used as subjects in experimental auctions?
by Depositario, Dinah Pura T. & Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M. & Wu, Ximing & Laude, Tiffany P.
- 125-127 Fiscal conservatism in a new democracy: "Sophisticated" versus "naïve" voters
by Arvate, Paulo Roberto & Avelino, George & Tavares, José
- 128-131 An algorithm for robust fitting of autoregressive models
by Politis, Dimitris N.
- 132-134 Specific or ad valorem tax for an exhaustible resource?
by Hung, N.M. & Quyen, N.V.
- 135-137 Outsourcing and optimal nonlinear taxation: A note
by Aronsson, Thomas & Koskela, Erkki
- 138-140 Political alternation and the fiscal deficits
by Rumi, Cecilia
- 141-141 Erratum to "A note on longevity enhancing investment" [Economics Letters 101 (2008) 57-59]
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Pestieau, Pierre
January 2009, Volume 102, Issue 1
- 1-3 A welfare economics foundation for the full-employment policy
by Otaki, Masayuki
- 4-6 On relative efficiency of quasi-MLE and GMM estimators of covariance structure models
by Prokhorov, Artem
- 7-9 Okun's law, creation of money and the decomposition of the rate of unemployment
by Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard
- 10-12 A dual elasticity of substitution production function with an application to cross-country inequality
by Antony, Jürgen
- 13-16 Is the market price of risk infinite?
by Cogley, Timothy
- 17-18 A note on binary choice duration models
by Basu, Deepankar & de Jong, Robert
- 19-21 Value data and the Bennet price and quantity indicators
by Cross, Robin M. & Färe, Rolf
- 22-26 Financial and labor market imperfections and investment
by Calcagnini, Giorgio & Giombini, Germana & Saltari, Enrico
- 27-29 Stock market sentiment and the draining of China's savings deposits
by Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Redfern, Luke
- 30-32 Changes in the order of integration of US and UK inflation
by Halunga, Andreea G. & Osborn, Denise R. & Sensier, Marianne
- 33-35 The miracle as a randomization device: A lesson from Richard Wagner's romantic opera Tannhäuser und der Sängerkrieg auf Wartburg
by Harmgart, Heike & Huck, Steffen & Müller, Wieland
- 36-38 Epsilon-Nash implementation
by Barlo, Mehmet & Dalkiran, Nuh Aygun
- 39-41 Mismeasurement of usual hours worked in the census and ACS
by Baum-Snow, Nathaniel & Neal, Derek
- 42-44 Corruption and left-wing beliefs in a post-socialist transition economy: Evidence from China's 'harmonious society'
by Smyth, Russell & Qian, Joanne Xiaolei
- 45-48 Are labor regulations driving computer usage in India's retail stores?
by Amin, Mohammad
- 49-52 On the sources of the black-white test score gap in Europe
by Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves
- 53-55 On the inefficiency of merger control
by Gürtler, Oliver & Kräkel, Matthias
- 56-58 Correlation of business cycles in the euro zone
by Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Rodrigues, Mauro & Soares, Tiago
- 59-61 Sampling at different frequencies, and the power of panel unit root tests
by Gutierrez, Luciano
- 62-65 Education, market rigidities and growth
by Aghion, Philippe & Askenazy, Philippe & Bourlès, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert & Dromel, Nicolas
December 2008, Volume 101, Issue 3
- 153-156 Extra! Extra! Some positive technology shocks are expansionary!
by Alexopoulos, Michelle
- 157-159 Trade openness and government size
by Benarroch, Michael & Pandey, Manish
- 160-163 Why are people more pro-trade than pro-migration?
by Mayda, Anna Maria
- 164-167 The price of terror: The effects of terrorism on stock market returns and volatility
by Arin, K. Peren & Ciferri, Davide & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 168-171 Obtaining analytic derivatives for a popular discrete-choice dynamic programming model
by Eberwein, Curtis & Ham, John C.
- 172-174 Winner's curse in toll road concessions
by Athias, Laure & Nuñez, Antonio
- 175-178 Conditional cooperation on three continents
by Kocher, Martin G. & Cherry, Todd & Kroll, Stephan & Netzer, Robert J. & Sutter, Matthias
- 179-183 Delegated contracting, information, and internal control
by Gick, Wolfgang
- 184-187 On the persistence of the Eonia spread
by Hassler, Uwe & Nautz, Dieter
- 188-192 Testing for unit roots in three-dimensional heterogeneous panels in the presence of cross-sectional dependence
by Giulietti, Monica & Otero, Jesús & Smith, Jeremy
- 193-195 What Fisher knew about his relation, we sometimes forget
by Arnwine, Neil & Yigit, Taner M.
- 196-198 Monetary politics in a monetary union: A note on common agency with rational expectations
by Ruta, Michele
- 199-201 An updated assessment of the Lucas supply curve and the inflation-output trade-off
by Abbott, Brant & Martínez, Cristina
- 202-205 What determines the output drop after an energy price increase: Household or firm energy share?
by Dhawan, Rajeev & Jeske, Karsten
- 206-209 How do different entitlements to unemployment benefits affect the transitions from unemployment into employment?
by Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro
- 210-213 Panel AR(1) estimators under misspecification
by Okui, Ryo
- 214-216 Private versus complete information in auctions
by Morath, Florian & Münster, Johannes
- 217-219 Duopoly can be more anti-competitive than monopoly
by Fujiwara, Kenji
- 220-222 The effect of temporary contracts on job security of permanent workers
by Koutentakis, Franciscos
- 223-226 Temporal aggregation, cointegration and causality inference
by Rajaguru, Gulasekaran & Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 227-229 Advertising as a signaling device: Simulated maximum likelihood estimation of a multiple random effects count data model
by Hellström, Jörgen & Rudholm, Niklas
- 230-233 Initial conditions and the outcome of economic reform
by Kaltani, Linda & Loayza, Norman V.
- 234-236 Acceleration effect of uncertainty on technological diffusion
by Oikawa, Koki
- 237-240 Cournot and Bertrand-Edgeworth competition when rivals' costs are unknown
by Lepore, Jason J.
- 241-242 A note on optimal paternalism and health capital subsidies
by Aronsson, Thomas & Thunström, Linda
- 243-245 Applicant behaviour in patent examination request lags
by Palangkaraya, Alfons & Jensen, Paul H. & Webster, Elizabeth
- 246-248 Are cash transfers made to women spent like other sources of income?
by Schady, Norbert & Rosero, José
- 249-252 Bargaining with many players: A limit result
by Kultti, Klaus & Vartiainen, Hannu
- 253-257 Double-Length Regression tests for testing functional forms and spatial error dependence
by Le, Canh Quang & Li, Dong
- 258-261 A vector integer-valued moving average model for high frequency financial count data
by Quoreshi, A.M.M. Shahiduzzaman
- 262-264 Vertical mergers and downstream spatial competition with different product varieties
by Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata
- 265-267 Optimal interest rate policy during asset price booms: The mirage of 'benign neglect'
by Berger, Wolfram & Ki[beta]mer, Friedrich
- 268-271 Information gathering and the hold-up problem in a complete contracting framework
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 272-274 Does classical competition explain the statistical features of firm growth?
by Alfarano, Simone & Milakovic, Mishael
- 275-278 Stochastic dominance representation of optimistic belief: Theory and applications
by Osaki, Yusuke & Quiggin, John
- 279-281 Unit root testing for bubbles: A resurrection?
by Waters, George A.
- 282-284 A spatial Hausman test
by Kelley Pace, R. & LeSage, James P.
- 285-287 Detecting invalid instruments using L1-GMM
by Han, Chirok
- 288-292 Testing against nonstationary volatility in time series
by Xu, Ke-Li
- 293-296 What makes a homegrown terrorist? Human capital and participation in domestic Islamic terrorist groups in the U.S.A
by Krueger, Alan B.
- 297-299 Time-series output convergence tests and stationary covariates
by Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & León-Ledesma, Miguel A.
November 2008, Volume 101, Issue 2
- 97-99 The monetary method to measure the shadow economy: The forgotten problem of the initial conditions
by Ahumada, Hildegart & Alvaredo, Facundo & Canavese, Alfredo
- 100-102 Bundling, information aggregation and entry deterrence
by Park, Jongchool & Seo, Kyoungwon
- 103-105 A note on marriage market clearing
by Neelakantan, Urvi & Tertilt, Michèle
- 106-109 Common smooth transition trend-stationarity in European unemployment
by Franchi, Massimo & Ordóñez, Javier
- 110-112 Do sunk exporting costs differ among markets? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
by Blanes-Cristóbal, José Vicente & Dovis, Marion & Milgram-Baleix, Juliette & Moro-Egido, Ana I.
- 113-115 Output, unemployment and Okun's law: Some evidence from the G7
by Malley, Jim & Molana, Hassan
- 116-118 Do regions matter in interjurisdictional competition? Evidence from state taxation
by Rork, Jonathan C. & Wagner, Gary A.