2006, Volume 93, Issue 3
- 348-353 The reliability-or lack thereof-of data on skills
by Dumont, Michel
- 354-359 Urban income inequality in China revisited (1988-2002)
by Demurger, Sylvie & Fournier, Martin & Li, Shi
- 360-366 A prospect-theoretical interpretation of momentum returns
by Menkhoff, Lukas & Schmeling, Maik
- 367-373 Might a conservative central banker reduce employment variability?
by James, Jonathan G. & Lawler, Phillip
- 374-378 A simple test for multivariate conditional symmetry
by Su, Liangjun
- 379-386 Non- and semi-parametric estimation in models with unknown smoothness
by Kotlyarova, Yulia & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria
- 387-392 A note on network formation with decay
by Matsubayashi, Nobuo & Yamakawa, Shigetaka
- 393-397 Floating exchange rates and inflation in Germany: Are external shocks really irrelevant?
by Basse, Tobias
- 398-404 Transparency and prices with imperfect substitutes
by Boone, Jan & Pottersz, Jan
- 405-412 Changing looks and changing "discrimination": The beauty of economists
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 413-420 Price discrimination in Cournot-Nash oligopoly
by Hazledine, Tim
- 421-426 Price discrimination of digital content
by Domon, Koji
- 427-435 Optimal consumption taxation in a model of endogenous growth with external habit formation
by Gomez, Manuel A.
- 436-442 Is low international risk sharing consistent with a high equity premium? A reconciliation of two puzzles
by Basu, Parantap & Wada, Kenji
- 443-449 A simple nonparametric test for synergies in multi-object sequential English auctions
by Brendstrup, Bjarne
- 450-456 Risk premium and market power in credit markets
by Oliver, Alfredo Martin & Fumas, Vicente Salas & Saurina, Jesus
2006, Volume 93, Issue 2
- 157-162 Is there a nonlinear co-movement in the EU countries' unemployment?
by Camarero, Mariam & Ordonez, Javier
- 163-168 Imitation, local interactions, and efficiency
by Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Weidenholzer, Simon
- 169-175 Investment and conditional uncertainty: The role of market power, irreversibility, and returns-to-scale
by Drakos, Konstantinos & Goulas, Eleftherios
- 176-181 On comparing multi-horizon forecasts
by Capistran, Carlos
- 182-189 Continuity in mechanism design without transfers
by Martimort, David & Semenov, Aggey
- 190-195 Asymmetric interest rate smoothing: The Fed approach
by Florio, Anna
- 196-201 Patents and R&D with imitation and licensing
by Mukherjee, Arijit
- 202-209 The public sector and international integration
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 210-214 OECD convergence: A sectoral decomposition exercise
by Wong, Wei-Kang
- 215-221 The term structure of interest rates under regime shifts and jumps
by Wu, Shu & Zeng, Yong
- 222-227 The joint determination of the number and the type of structural changes
by Zijun Wang
- 228-234 Quasi-fixity and multiproduct firms
by Livanis, Grigorios & Moss, Charles B.
- 235-241 The impact of unemployment insurance generosity on match quality distribution
by Centeno, Mario & Novo, Alvaro A.
- 242-247 Inefficient ownership and resale opportunities
by Gans, Joshua S.
- 248-254 Bank ownership and lending behavior
by Micco, Alejandro & Panizza, Ugo
- 255-260 Does the prediction horizon matter for the forward premium anomaly? Evidence from panel data
by Yang, Kun & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 261-266 Higher-order asymptotic properties of QML in [beta]-ARCH and [mu]-ARCH models
by Iglesias, Emma M.
- 267-271 Optimal unemployment insurance with non-separable preferences
by Menard, Sebastien
- 272-277 A note on the performance of Bover-Arellano discrete choice dynamic estimators
by Ostrovsky, Yuri
- 278-284 Voracity vs. scale effect in a growing economy without secure property rights
by Mino, Kazuo
- 285-290 External validity of a framed field experiment
by Lusk, Jayson L. & Pruitt, J.R. & Norwood, Bailey
- 291-296 Inequality and growth in the presence of competition for status
by Hopkins, Ed & Kornienko, Tatiana
- 297-304 The role of MFN under asymmetries in environmental standards
by Missios, Paul & Yildiz, Halis Murat
- 305-310 Instrument relevance and efficient estimation with panel data
by Boumahdi, Rachid & Thomas, Alban
2006, Volume 93, Issue 1
- 1-5 Evaluating policy feedback rules using the joint density function of a stochastic model
by Barrell, R. & Hall, S.G. & Hurst, I.
- 6-11 The Becker-DeGroot-Marschak mechanism is not necessarily incentive compatible, even for non-random goods
by Horowitz, John K.
- 12-17 Deflation and recession: Finding the empirical link
by Guerrero, Federico & Parker, Elliott
- 18-25 Growth and inequality: Are the 1990s different?
by Lopez, Humberto
- 26-30 Calibrating capital adjustment costs in the New-Keynesian model
by Groth, Charlotta
- 31-36 The equilibrium locations of three stores with different selections of differentiated products
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 37-44 An alternative series based consistent model specification test
by Sun, Yun & Li, Qi
- 45-51 Patterns of ICT diffusion across the European Union
by Vicente, Maria Rosalia & Lopez, Ana Jesus
- 52-57 What drives trade-related R&D spillovers? Decomposing knowledge-diffusing trade flows
by Bitzer, Jurgen & Geishecker, Ingo
- 58-62 Kalman filtering with truncated normal state variables for Bayesian estimation of macroeconomic models
by Dueker, Michael
- 63-67 On the equity-efficiency trade off in aggregating infinite utility streams
by Banerjee, Kuntal
- 68-74 Monopolistic competition and entrepreneurial risk-taking
by Clemens, Christiane
- 75-81 The small sample performance of the Wald test in the sample selection model under the multicollinearity problem
by Yamagata, Takashi
- 82-87 Political business cycles in local employment: Evidence from Portugal
by Coelho, Cesar & Veiga, Francisco Jose & Veiga, Linda G.
- 88-93 Factor mobility and wage inequality in the presence of specialisation-based external economies
by Anwar, Sajid
- 94-100 Optimal search auctions with correlated bidder types
by Cremer, Jacques & Spiegel, Yossi & Zheng, Charles Z.
- 101-105 Testable implications of coalitional rationality
by Bachmann, Ruediger
- 106-110 Bundling in exchange markets with indivisible goods
by Klaus, Bettina & Dimitrov, Dinko & Haake, Claus-Jochen
- 111-115 Does wage compression explain rigid money wages?
by Zoega, Gylfi & Karlsson, Thorlakur
- 116-120 A simple rule for assessing tariff and tax incidence
by Tokarick, Stephen
- 121-125 Does equality lead to fraternity?
by Leigh, Andrew
- 126-131 Endogenous preemption on both sides of a market
by Guth, Werner & Muller, Wieland & Potters, Jan
- 132-136 Learning with limited bandwidth and attention to others' learning
by Cone, Thomas E.
- 137-141 A Lagrange multiplier test for causality in variance
by Hafner, Christian M. & Herwartz, Helmut
- 142-149 Statistical inference as a bargaining game
by Ley, Eduardo
- 150-155 Entry barriers and growth
by Buttner, Bettina
2006, Volume 92, Issue 3
- 301-305 A dynamic model of soft budget-constraint
by Gu, Zhihui & Zhang, Shiyun
- 306-310 Secession and value
by Pech, Gerald
- 311-316 Incentive mechanisms for international public goods under uncertainty of production costs
by Jin Kim & Shim, Seungjin
- 317-322 Measuring the degree of assortative mating
by Liu, Haoming & Lu, Jingfeng
- 323-329 Testing the normality of errors in regression models with a forward approach
by Coin, Daniele
- 330-332 The entry and exit of workers in Taiwan
by Liu, De-Chih
- 333-338 Profit sharing and the financial performance of firms: Evidence from Germany
by Kraft, Kornelius & Ugarkovic, Marija
- 339-341 Jump bidding in takeover auctions
by Dodonova, Anna & Khoroshilov, Yuri
- 342-347 Does it pay to go to the corners? An empirical evaluation of the bipolar view of exchange rate regimes
by Lin, Shu
- 348-352 Bequest motives and fertility decisions
by Futagami, Ritsuko & Kamada, Kimiyoshi & Sato, Takashi
- 353-359 Inflation and dollarization in a dual-currency search-theoretic model
by Chang, Sanders S.
- 360-367 Does large price discrimination imply great market power?
by McAfee, R. Preston & Mialon, Hugo M. & Mialon, Sue H.
- 368-374 "Innocuous" minimum quality standards
by Garella, Paolo G.
- 375-382 Gender effects in private value auctions
by Ham, John C. & Kagel, John H.
- 383-388 Negative assortative matching of risk-averse agents with transferable expected utility
by Schulhofer-Wohl, Sam
- 389-394 An analytical solution to the inverse consumption function with liquidity constraints
by Park, Myung-Ho
- 395-401 Regulation and growth
by Djankov, Simeon & McLiesh, Caralee & Ramalho, Rita Maria
- 402-408 Estimated inflation rate, consumption and portfolio decision
by Han, Nan-Wei & Hung, Mao-Wei
- 409-416 Revenue decentralization and income distribution
by Neyapti, Bilin
- 417-422 Bargaining and waning commitments
by Amoros, Pablo & Moreno, Bernardo
- 423-427 An intrinsic characterization of free disposal hypothesis
by Jofre, Alejandro & Cayupi, Jorge Rivera
- 428-433 The informational value of unemployment statistics: A note on the time series properties of participation rates
by Gustavsson, Magnus & Osterholm, Par
- 434-439 Learning-by-doing and aggregate fluctuations: Does the form of the accumulation technology matter?
by Clarke, Andrew J.
- 440-446 Are US output expectations unbiased? A cointegrated VAR analysis in real time
by Papaikonomou, Dimitrios & Pires, Jacinta
- 447-454 Demographic change and economic growth: An inverted-U shape relationship
by An, Chong-Bum & Jeon, Seung-Hoon
2006, Volume 92, Issue 2
- 157-162 Multiple groups identification in the linear-in-means model
by Cohen-Cole, Ethan
- 163-169 Wage and effort dispersion
by Shapiro, Joel
- 170-176 Minimum wages, inequality and unemployment
by Adam, Antonis & Moutos, Thomas
- 177-183 An alternative test of purchasing power parity
by Wallace, Frederick H. & Shelley, Gary L.
- 184-191 Intertemporal quality discrimination of a durable good monopolist
by Chih-yi Chi, Woody & Wu, Shufen
- 192-197 Optimal pricing of a congestible good with random participation
by Jebsi, Khaireddine & Thomas, Lionel
- 198-201 Optimal punishments with detection lags
by Colombo, Luca & Labrecciosa, Paola
- 202-208 Comparing downside risk measures for heavy tailed distributions
by Danielsson, Jon & Jorgensen, Bjorn N. & Sarma, Mandira & de Vries, Casper G.
- 209-213 A zero-inflated negative binomial regression model with hidden Markov chain
by Wang, Peiming & Alba, Joseph D.
- 214-219 Why do cities use supply side strategies to mitigate traffic congestion externalities?
by Rhoads, Thomas A. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 220-227 Bias-corrected estimation in dynamic panel data models with heteroscedasticity
by Bun, Maurice J.G. & Carree, Martin A.
- 228-233 Identifying externalities in UK manufacturing using direct estimation of an average cost function
by Driver, Ciaran & Temple, Paul & Urga, Giovanni
- 234-239 Asymmetric finite punishments in repeated games
by Aramendia, Miguel
- 240-244 A note on uniqueness of electoral equilibrium when the median voter is unobserved
by Duggan, John
- 245-249 Why do firms conduct bi-sourcing?
by Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang
- 250-255 War, labor tournaments, and contest payoffs
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 256-262 Is the Zipf law spurious in explaining city-size distributions?
by Gan, Li & Li, Dong & Song, Shunfeng
- 263-269 Generalized adding-up in systems of regression equations
by Haupt, Harry & Oberhofer, Walter
- 270-276 Identification for difference in differences with cross-section and panel data
by Lee, Myoung-jae & Kang, Changhui
- 277-283 Openness in services trade and economic growth
by El Khoury, Antoine C. & Savvides, Andreas
- 284-292 Linear filtering for asymmetric stochastic volatility models
by Kirby, Chris
- 293-299 Okun's law, asymmetries and jobless recoveries in the United States: A Markov-switching approach
by Holmes, Mark J. & Silverstone, Brian
2006, Volume 92, Issue 1
- 1-6 Importing credible monetary policy: A way for transition economies to fight inflation?
by Mafi-Kreft, Elham & Kreft, Steven F.
- 7-13 Bewley's limiting approach to infinite dimensional economies with l.s.c. preferences
by Sun, Ning
- 14-19 A modified family of power transformations
by Yang, Zhenlin
- 20-25 Integrating delta: An intuitive single-integral approach to pricing European options on diverse stochastic processes
by Edwards, Craig
- 26-31 New data on charitable giving in the PSID
by Wilhelm, Mark O.
- 32-37 Is there employment discrimination against the disabled?
by Jones, Melanie K.
- 38-43 Wild bootstrapping variance ratio tests
by Kim, Jae H.
- 44-46 Simplified marginal effects in discrete choice models: A correction
by Carlevaro, Fabrizio & Senegas, Marc-Alexandre
- 47-51 Convergence forward and backward?
by Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo
- 52-57 A test of serial independence of deviations from cointegrating relations
by Chigira, Hiroaki
- 58-62 Imports of intermediate inputs and plant survival
by Lopez, Ricardo A.
- 63-67 Liability and information transmission: The advantage of negligence based rules
by Feess, Eberhard & Wohlschlegel, Ansgar
- 68-74 Superstardom in the US popular music industry revisited
by Giles, David E.
- 75-81 Profile likelihood estimation of partially linear panel data models with fixed effects
by Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman
- 82-88 Work incentives and household insurance: Sequential contracting with altruistic individuals and moral hazard
by Aubert, Cecile
- 89-92 Product and labor markets distortions in Europe
by Jonsson, Magnus
- 93-98 The euro area wage curve
by Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna & Turunen, Jarkko
- 99-107 Second-price auction tournament
by Shogren, Jason F. & Parkhurst, Gregory M. & McIntosh, Christopher
- 108-112 Does trade liberalization increase national energy use?
by Cole, Matthew A.
- 113-117 Beach holiday in Bali or East Timor? Why conflict can lead to under- and overexploitation of natural resources
by Rohner, Dominic
- 118-125 Why is it so difficult to uncover the risk-return tradeoff in stock returns?
by Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti
- 126-130 Elasticity of risk aversion and international trade
by Broll, Udo & Wahl, Jack E. & Wong, Wing-Keung
- 131-136 Did the Bank of Japan have a target zone for the inflation rate?
by Tachibana, Minoru
- 137-142 The exchange rate-interest differential relationship in six East Asian countries
by Bautista, Carlos C.
- 143-148 Optimal team incentives with CES production
by Adams, Christopher P.
- 149-155 Bootstrap bias-adjusted GMM estimators
by Ramalho, Joaquim J.S.
2006, Volume 91, Issue 3
- 307-311 Horizontal merger: Pivotal buyers and bargaining power
by Adilov, Nodir & Alexander, Peter J.
- 312-320 The method of endogenous gridpoints for solving dynamic stochastic optimization problems
by Carroll, Christopher D.
- 321-324 The power of the KPSS-test for cointegration when residuals are fractionally integrated
by Sibbertsen, Philipp & Kramer, Walter
- 325-329 Population growth and steady state welfare in an overlapping generations model
by Sen, Partha
- 330-336 Small sample corrections for linear restrictions on cointegrating vectors: A Monte Carlo comparison
by Canepa, Alessandra
- 337-342 Sequential auctions for stochastically equivalent complementary objects
by Tang Sorensen, Soren
- 343-348 Bootstrap tests of multiple inequality restrictions on variance ratios
by Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara
- 349-353 Federal reserve vs. private forecasts of real net exports
by Baghestani, Hamid
- 354-359 Are expectations on inflation and election outcomes connected? An empirical analysis
by Berlemann, Michael & Elzemann, Jorg
- 360-368 Nonlinear autoregressive models and long memory
by Kapetanios, George
- 369-372 Nash implementation of the majority rule
by Remzi Sanver, M.
- 373-379 Forecasting using predictive likelihood model averaging
by Kapetanios, George & Labhard, Vincent & Price, Simon
- 380-388 A model-free characterization of causality
by Baghli, Mustapha
- 389-394 Frequency domain bootstrap for the fractional cointegration regression
by Gerolimetto, Margherita
- 395-401 A meta-analysis of the export growth hypothesis
by Mookerjee, Rajen
- 402-407 Utility analysis, luxuries and risk
by Diacon, Stephen
- 408-412 The price-dividend ratio and limits to arbitrage: Evidence from a time-varying ESTR model
by McMillan, David G.
- 413-419 Properties of recursive trend-adjusted unit root tests
by Rodrigues, Paulo M.M.
- 420-424 Overconsumption, reference groups, and equilibrium efficiency
by Garriga, Carlos
- 425-429 Interpreting the predictions of prediction markets
by Manski, Charles F.
- 430-435 Informational rent, publicly known firm type, and 'closeness' in relationship finance
by Kaivanto, Kim
- 436-443 On multi-decomposition of the aggregate Malmquist productivity index
by Mussard, Stephane & Peypoch, Nicolas
- 444-449 Decomposing the contribution of smaller shocks to the stabilization of GDP
by Bivin, David
- 450-457 Nonparametric analysis of regional income dynamics: The case of Greece
by Fotopoulos, Georgios
- 458-459 Trade as a threshold variable for multiple regimes: A comment
by Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Chang, Ya-Kai
- 460-461 Trade as a threshold variable for multiple regimes: Reply
by Papageorgiou, Chris
2006, Volume 91, Issue 2
- 153-157 Determinants of productivity per employee: An empirical estimation using panel data
by Belorgey, Nicolas & Lecat, Remy & Maury, Tristan-Pierre
- 158-166 A simple recursive forecasting model
by Branch, William A. & Evans, George W.
- 167-172 Underemployment, on-the-job search, and the Beveridge curve
by Kennes, John
- 173-178 Providing public goods in two steps
by Lange, Andreas
- 179-183 Maskin monotonic aggregation rules
by Asan, Goksel & Sanver, M. Remzi
- 184-189 Spurious correlation of I(0) regressors in models with an I(1) dependent variable
by Stewart, Chris
- 190-196 Does quality of openness affect corruption?
by Gokcekus, Omer & Knorich, Jan
- 197-203 Privatisation and liberalisation in an industry with network externalities
by Willner, Johan
- 204-209 What accounts for the growth of trade in differentiated goods: Economic causes or technological imperatives?
by Tang, Linghui
- 210-214 As time goes by: An investigation of how asset allocation varies with investor age
by Summers, Barbara & Duxbury, Darren & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin
- 215-221 Optimal taxation and finite horizon
by Mathieu-Bolh, Nathalie
- 222-228 Capital controls and stock market volatility in frequency domain
by Orlov, Alexei G.
- 229-235 What explains the deviations of purchasing power parity across countries? International evidence from macro data
by Lo, Melody & Sunny Wong, M.C.
- 236-242 Determining long-run neutrality in a partially nonstationary model
by Aznar, A. & Domingo, C.
- 243-249 Black market exchange rate and the productivity bias hypothesis
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Gelan, Abera
- 250-259 Rejecting small gambles under expected utility
by Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio & Serrano, Roberto
- 260-266 On the profitability of reducing competition in all-pay auctions with risk averse bidders
by Cingottini, Ilaria & Menicucci, Domenico
- 267-272 The optimal private information in single unit monopoly
by Saak, Alexander E.
- 273-279 Different time preferences and non-stationary contracts in negotiations
by Houba, Harold & Wen, Quan
- 280-286 Sample selection models with a common dummy endogenous regressor in simultaneous equations: A simple two-step estimation
by Kim, Kyoo il
- 287-292 Minimum wage increases can lead to wage reductions by imperfectly competitive firms
by Clark, Ken & Kaas, Leo & Madden, Paul
- 293-299 Mechanism design for arbitrary type spaces
by Skreta, Vasiliki
- 300-306 A new approach to robust inference in cointegration
by Jin, Sainan & Phillips, Peter C.B. & Sun, Yixiao
2006, Volume 91, Issue 1
- 1-7 First-price auctions without affiliation
by Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Moreira, Humberto
- 8-14 Income inequality and efficiency: A decomposition approach and applications to China
by Cheng, Yuk-shing & Li, Sung-ko
- 15-20 Tests for asymmetry in possibly nonstationary dynamic panel models
by Wan Shin, Dong & Jhee, Won-Chul
- 21-26 Time-varying parameter models with endogenous regressors
by Kim, Chang-Jin
- 27-33 Testing for panel cointegration with a level break
by Westerlund, Joakim
- 34-38 Violations of betweenness or random errors?
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 39-43 Kernel estimation under linear-exponential loss
by Anatolyev, Stanislav
- 44-49 Persistence change tests and shifting stable autoregressions
by Leybourne, Stephen J. & Taylor, A.M. Robert
- 50-55 Inflation persistence and the real costs of disinflation in staggered prices and partial adjustment models
by Musy, Olivier
- 56-60 The transition to a new inflation rate in models with habit formation
by Mansoorian, Arman & Michelis, Leo
- 61-66 Resurgence of employment growth in the European Union: The role of cycles and labour market reforms
by Inklaar, Robert & Timmer, Marcel P.
- 67-71 Differing preferences between anti-inflation and anti-unemployment policy among the rich and the poor
by Jayadev, Arjun