Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
December 2009, Volume 105, Issue 3
- 242-246 A peek into a Pandora's box: Firm-level demand with price competition vs. quantity competition
by Kolberg, William
- 247-249 Two-step estimation of a factor model in the presence of observable factors
by Hwang, Hae-shin
- 250-252 The monitoring test for the stability of regression models with nonstationary regressors
by Lee, Sangyeol & Park, Siyun
- 253-255 Temporal aggregation and SVAR identification, with an application to fiscal policy
by Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo & Klaassen, Franc
- 256-260 Bounding the effect of a dichotomous regressor with arbitrary measurement errors
by Deng, Ping & Hu, Yingyao
- 261-263 A proof of the existence of the minimax point of a strategic game
by Aliprantis, C.D. & Chakrabarti, S.K. & Topolyan, I.
- 264-266 Ignorance in a multi-agent setting
by Pereira, Samuel C.A.
- 267-269 The state-federal dichotomy in the effects of minimum wages on teenage employment in the United States
by Bazen, Stephen & Le Gallo, Julie
- 270-272 On pro-poor growth and the measurement of convergence
by Nissanov, Zoya & Silber, Jacques
- 273-275 On some properties of Autoregressive Conditional Poisson (ACP) models
by Ghahramani, M. & Thavaneswaran, A.
- 276-279 Heterogeneous expectations, sunspot equilibria and their fragility
by Berardi, Michele
- 280-283 A comparative study of three data-based methods of instrument selection
by Eryuruk, Gunce & Hall, Alastair R. & Jana, Kalidas
- 284-286 Financial market volatility and primary placements
by Casalin, Fabrizio & Dia, Enzo
- 287-289 Examiner citations, applicant citations, and the private value of patents
by Hegde, Deepak & Sampat, Bhaven
- 290-292 Welfare to work and work to welfare: the effect of the reference point -- a theoretical and experimental study
by Sherman, Arie & Shavit, Tal
- 293-295 Payment scale economies from individual bank data
by Bolt, Wilko & Humphrey, David
- 296-299 Initial conditions and stationarity tests
by Busetti, Fabio
- 300-302 Two variants of Harsanyi's aggregation theorem
by Fleurbaey, Marc
- 303-305 Conflict of interests, (implicit) coalitions and Nash policy games
by Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Piacquadio, Paolo G.
- 306-308 The pleasure of being nasty
by Abbink, Klaus & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim
- 309-311 Taxation and capital structure choice--Evidence from a panel of German multinationals
by Buettner, Thiess & Overesch, Michael & Schreiber, Ulrich & Wamser, Georg
- 312-314 Three-agent peer evaluation
by Knoblauch, Vicki
- 315-317 The effect of workfare policy on social movement mobilizations
by Franceschelli, Ignacio & Ronconi, Lucas
- 318-320 Unemployment and entrepreneurship: A cyclical relation?
by Faria, João Ricardo & Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 321-325 Beauty vs. brains: Early labor market outcomes of high school graduates
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 326-329 The expo-power value function as a candidate for the work-horse specification in parametric versions of cumulative prospect theory
by Peel, D.A. & Zhang, Jie
- 330-332 How to extend a model of probabilistic choice from binary choices to choices among more than two alternatives
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 333-335 Monopoly distortions in durability and multi-dimensional quality
by Strausz, Roland
- 336-339 Revisiting the link between minimum wage and wage inequality: Empirical evidence from New Zealand
by Pacheco, Gail
November 2009, Volume 105, Issue 2
- 145-147 Monotonic incompatibility between electing and ranking
by Balinski, Michel & Jennings, Andrew & Laraki, Rida
- 148-151 Output persistence from monetary shocks with staggered prices or wages under a Taylor Rule
by Daros, Sebastiano & Rankin, Neil
- 152-155 How to subcontract?
by Wambach, Achim
- 156-158 An interest rate peg might be better than you think
by Hörmann, Markus & Schabert, Andreas
- 159-161 Repeated contests: A general parameterization
by Shaffer, Sherrill & Shogren, Jason F.
- 162-164 The partially cursed and the analogy-based expectation equilibrium
by Miettinen, Topi
- 165-167 An empirical test of the inequality trap concept
by Daymon, Caroline & Gimet, Celine
- 168-172 The dynamics of persistence in US inflation
by Noriega, Antonio E. & Ramos-Francia, Manuel
- 173-176 The interaction effect of economic freedom and democracy on corruption: A panel cross-country analysis
by Saha, Shrabani & Gounder, Rukmani & Su, Jen-Je
- 177-180 Revenue comparison in common-value auctions: Two examples
by Malueg, David A. & Orzach, Ram
- 181-182 The incidental parameter problem in a non-differentiable panel data model
by Graham, Bryan S. & Hahn, Jinyong & Powell, James L.
- 183-185 The price of education and inequality
by Nakajima, Tetsuya & Nakamura, Hideki
- 186-188 A note on Deaton's theorem on the undesirability of nonuniform excise taxation
by Hellwig, Martin F.
- 189-192 Tests in contingency tables as regression tests
by Anatolyev, Stanislav & Kosenok, Grigory
- 193-196 Fast or fair? A study of response times
by Piovesan, Marco & Wengström, Erik
October 2009, Volume 105, Issue 1
- 1-6 Detection of non-linear structure in time series
by Matilla-García, Mariano & Ruiz Marín, Manuel
- 7-10 Drastic innovations and multiplicity of optimal licensing policies
by Sen, Debapriya & Stamatopoulos, Giorgos
- 11-13 Price gouging versus price reduction in retail gasoline markets during Hurricane Rita
by Neilson, Henry
- 14-16 A dictatorial domain for monotone social choice functions
by Kutlu, Levent
- 17-19 On the persistence of job creation in old and new firms
by Böheim, René & Stiglbauer, Alfred & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 20-22 Leadership and group size: An experiment
by Komai, Mana & Grossman, Philip J.
- 23-27 Strategic price discounting and rationing in uniform price auctions
by Bourjade, Sylvain
- 28-31 Price discrimination with partial information: Does it pay off?
by Esteves, Rosa-Branca
- 32-35 On the heterogeneous impact of public capital and current spending on growth across nations
by Gregoriou, Andros & Ghosh, Sugata
- 36-38 Earned wealth, engaged bidders? Evidence from a second-price auction
by Jacquemet, Nicolas & Joule, Robert-Vincent & Luchini, Stéphane & Shogren, Jason F.
- 39-41 The effect of the Internet on economic growth: Evidence from cross-country panel data
by Choi, Changkyu & Hoon Yi, Myung
- 42-45 Dollarization, economic growth, and employment
by Soto, Raimundo
- 46-48 On the utility premium of Friedman and Savage
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Schlesinger, Harris
- 49-52 The asymptotic distribution of Nagar's bias-adjusted TSLS estimator under partial identification
by Forchini, Giovanni
- 53-55 Managerial overload and organization design
by Spiegel, Yossi
- 56-57 The optimality of optimal punishments in Cournot supergames
by Azacis, Helmuts & Collie, David R.
- 58-60 Religion and cooperation in a public goods experiment
by Anderson, Lisa R. & Mellor, Jennifer M.
- 61-63 An alternative functional form for estimating the Lorenz curve
by Rohde, Nicholas
- 64-67 A Hausman-type test to detect the presence of influential outliers in regression analysis
by Dehon, Catherine & Gassner, Marjorie & Verardi, Vincenzo
- 68-70 A model of adjuncts in higher education
by Kimmitt, Michael C.
- 71-73 Computing Cournot equilibrium through maximization over prices
by Orbay, Hakan
- 74-75 "Fair marriages": An impossibility
by Klaus, Bettina
- 76-77 The gains from specialization and population size
by Ruffin, Roy J.
- 78-80 Too tall to be smart? The relationship between height and cognitive abilities
by Heineck, Guido
- 81-82 An exercise in political economy of tax reform
by Evrenk, Haldun
- 83-85 Contemporaneous and long run canonical correlations in the linear IV model: Implications for instrument selection
by Eryuruk, Gunce & Hall, Alastair R. & Jana, Kalidas
- 86-89 Convergence speed and preference externalities in a one-sector model with elastic labor supply
by Nakamoto, Yasuhiro
- 90-92 Point shaving: Corruption in NCAA college football?
by Schmidt, Martin B. & Stuck, Lee M.
- 93-96 Optimal redistricting under geographical constraints: Why "pack and crack" does not work
by Puppe, Clemens & Tasnádi, Attila
- 97-99 Looming stations: Valuing transport innovations in historical context
by Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Wendland, Nicolai
- 100-102 A Blotto game with Incomplete Information
by Adamo, Tim & Matros, Alexander
- 103-105 Flexible labor supply models
by Bargain, Olivier
- 106-109 Induced innovation and marginal cost of new technology
by Liu, Yucan & Shumway, C. Richard
- 110-112 Agriculture and aggregation
by Córdoba, Juan Carlos & Ripoll, Marla
- 113-116 On hourly wages and weekly earnings in the current population survey
by Liu, Long
- 117-119 Market interconnection and wages
by Oladi, Reza & Beladi, Hamid
- 120-122 Incentives for subjects in internet experiments
by Duersch, Peter & Oechssler, Jörg & Schipper, Burkhard C.
- 123-126 Panel unit root tests under cross section dependence with recursive mean adjustment
by Sul, Donggyu
- 127-129 Does consumption respond to predicted increases in cash-hand availability?: Evidence from the Italian "severance pay"
by Borella, Margherita & Fornero, Elsa & Rossi, Mariacristina
- 130-133 Helpful governments
by Amin, Mohammad
- 134-137 Testing the relationship between competition and efficiency in banking: A panel data analysis
by Casu, Barbara & Girardone, Claudia
- 138-140 Like father, like son? A note on the intergenerational transmission of IQ scores
by Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J. & Salvanes, Kjell G.
- 141-143 The knowledge production of 'R' and 'D'
by Czarnitzki, Dirk & Kraft, Kornelius & Thorwarth, Susanne
September 2009, Volume 104, Issue 3
- 107-111 Job-finding and separation rates in the OECD
by Hobijn, Bart & Sahin, Aysegül
- 112-114 On estimating firm-level production functions using proxy variables to control for unobservables
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 115-117 Does the size of the action set matter for cooperation?
by Gangadharan, Lata & Nikiforakis, Nikos
- 118-121 Rent-seeking under a weak institutional environment
by Infante, Davide & Smirnova, Janna
- 122-124 Investment and financial constraints in Hungarian agriculture
by Bakucs, Lajos Zoltán & Ferto, Imre & Fogarasi, József
- 125-128 A structural model of the fixed time costs of market work
by Donald, Stephen G. & Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 129-132 A restriction on lobbyist donations
by Kline, Brendan
- 133-135 A quantile regression approach for estimating panel data models using instrumental variables
by Harding, Matthew & Lamarche, Carlos
- 136-139 The coefficient of the whole is an average of the coefficients of its parts: A special case of restricted least squares
by Kee, Hiau Looi
- 140-143 Rogoff revisited: The conservative central banker proposition under active fiscal policies
by Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Libich, Jan & Stehlík, Petr
- 144-147 Quality certification standards in competitive markets: When consumers and producers (dis)agree
by Lapan, Harvey & Moschini, GianCarlo
- 148-150 Multiple bidding in auctions as bidders become confident of their private valuations
by Cotton, Christopher
- 151-153 Endogenous political competition and political accountability
by Makris, Miltiadis
August 2009, Volume 104, Issue 2
- 53-56 Global identification of the semiparametric Box-Cox model
by Komunjer, Ivana
- 57-60 Reconsidering hedonic art price indexes
by Collins, Alan & Scorcu, Antonello & Zanola, Roberto
- 61-62 A technique for calculating labor market flows
by Nissim, Ben-David
- 63-65 Determinants of the distribution of congressional earmarks across states
by Boyle, Melissa A. & Matheson, Victor A.
- 66-68 Testing under local misspecification and artificial regressions
by Bera, Anil K. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel & Sosa-Escudero, Walter
- 69-71 Why higher punishment may reduce deterrence
by Feess, Eberhard & Wohlschlegel, Ansgar
- 72-75 The pro-trade effect of the brain drain: Sorting out confounding factors
by Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Jung, Benjamin
- 76-78 Does foreign aid improve governance?
by Busse, Matthias & Gröning, Steffen
- 79-80 Patents and profit rates
by Kaiser, Ulrich
- 81-82 Spatial lag test with equal weights
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Liu, Long
- 83-85 Star-shaped probability weighting functions and overbidding in first-price auctions
by Armantier, Olivier & Treich, Nicolas
- 86-88 On revenue and welfare dominance of ad valorem taxes in two-sided markets
by Kind, Hans Jarle & Koethenbuerger, Marko & Schjelderup, Guttorm
- 89-91 Is mistrust self-fulfilling?
by Reuben, Ernesto & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi
- 92-95 How forward-looking is the Fed? Direct estimates from a 'Calvo-type' rule
by Gabriel, Vasco J. & Levine, Paul & Spencer, Christopher
- 96-98 Comparison of two treatments and inconsistency of bootstrap
by Kawai, Keiichi
- 99-101 GLS-detrending and regime-wise stationarity testing in small samples
by Lopez, Claude
- 102-105 An experimental investigation of endowment source heterogeneity in two-person public good games
by Spraggon, John & Oxoby, Robert J.
July 2009, Volume 104, Issue 1
- 1-4 Modeling sudden stops: The non-trivial role of preference specifications
by Chakraborty, Suparna
- 5-8 Testing for unit root in nonlinear heterogeneous panels
by Ucar, Nuri & Omay, Tolga
- 9-12 Overstatement and rational market expectation
by Kwon, Illoong & Yeo, Eunjung
- 13-16 Multiple equilibria and selection by learning in an applied setting
by Lee, Robin S. & Pakes, Ariel
- 17-19 Another weakness of "determinacy" as a selection criterion for rational expectations models
by Cho, Seonghoon & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 20-22 Price sensitive prescribers
by Neilson, William S.
- 23-26 Simultaneous vs. sequential price competition with incomplete information
by Arozamena, Leandro & Weinschelbaum, Federico
- 27-30 Population and neoclassical economic growth: A new child policy perspective
by Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca
- 31-33 Two are better than one!: Individuals' contributions to "unpacked" public goods
by Bernasconi, Michele & Corazzini, Luca & Kube, Sebastian & Maréchal, Michel André
- 34-36 Structural changes in job creation and destruction
by Liu, De-Chih
- 37-39 Revisiting the role of multiplicative uncertainty in a model without inflationary bias
by Ciccarone, Giuseppe & Marchetti, Enrico
- 40-42 Income inequality and pecuniary crimes
by Scorzafave, Luiz Guilherme & Soares, Milena Karla
- 43-45 Myopic loss aversion revisited
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo & Pogrebna, Ganna
- 46-48 Real wage rigidity and the Taylor principle
by Araújo, Eurilton
- 49-51 Addressing the food aid curse
by Blouin, Max & Pallage, Stéphane
June 2009, Volume 103, Issue 3
- 119-122 Relative poverty as a determinant of migration: Evidence from Poland
by Stark, Oded & Micevska, Maja & Mycielski, Jerzy
- 123-126 Pitfalls in market timing test
by Chu, Chia-Shang & Lu, Liping & Shi, Zhentao
- 127-130 FDI as a signal of quality
by Katayama, Seiichi & Miyagiwa, Kaz
- 131-134 Evolution of preferences in an exchange economy
by Chang, Jannet & Stauber, Ronald
- 135-137 Generalized Fama proxy hypothesis: Impact of shocks on Phillips curve and relation of stock returns with inflation
by Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Rahman, Abdul H.
- 138-141 Intellectual property rights and appropriability of innovation
by Akiyama, Taro & Furukawa, Yuichi
- 142-145 Contest with pre-contest investment
by Fu, Qiang & Lu, Jingfeng
- 146-148 The transition of corruption: From poverty to honesty
by Gundlach, Erich & Paldam, Martin
- 149-152 Obesity and crime: Is there a relationship?
by Price, Gregory N.
- 153-156 R&D and endogenous asymmetries between firms
by Garcia Pires, Armando J.
- 157-159 The strategy method lowers measured trustworthy behavior
by Casari, Marco & Cason, Timothy N.
- 160-162 Exact inference in diagnosing Value-at-Risk estimates -- A Monte Carlo device
by Herwartz, Helmut
- 163-166 Joint determinations of inequality and growth
by Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Lin, Yi-Chen & Yeh, Chih-Chuan
May 2009, Volume 103, Issue 2
- 65-67 Economic integration and the comovement of stock returns
by Tavares, José
- 68-71 Paying for performance and motivation crowding out
by Siciliani, Luigi
- 72-74 Excludable public goods: Pricing and social welfare maximization
by Bai, Chong-En & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang
- 75-77 Wage inequality, welfare and downsizing
by Anwar, Sajid
- 78-80 Endogenous discounting via wealth, twin-peaks and the role of technology
by Schumacher, Ingmar
- 81-83 A matching estimator of household equivalence scales
by Szulc, Adam
- 84-86 The alliance formation puzzle and capacity constraints
by Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan
- 87-90 Age at school entry and intergenerational educational mobility
by Bauer, Philipp C. & Riphahn, Regina T.
- 91-95 Retailer price distributions and promotional activities
by Rennhoff, Adam D. & Serfes, Konstantinos
- 96-98 Unemployment benefits crowd out nascent entrepreneurial activity
by Koellinger, Philipp & Minniti, Maria
- 99-100 Monopoly, Ramsey and Lindahl in Rochet and Tirole (2003)
by Weyl, E. Glen
- 101-106 French butchers don't do quantum physics
by Manas, Arnaud
- 107-109 Non-stationary transition matrices: An overlooked issue in intra-distribution dynamics
by Hierro, María & Maza, Adolfo
- 110-112 Breadth, depth, and competition
by Bar-Isaac, Heski
- 113-116 Consumption and habit formation when time horizon is finite
by Angelini, Viola
- 117-117 A positive theory of immigration amnesties. A comment
by García, Ángel Solano
April 2009, Volume 103, Issue 1
- 1-4 Investor protections and economic growth
by Haidar, Jamal Ibrahim
- 5-7 Can government spending increase private consumption? The role of complementarity
by Ganelli, Giovanni & Tervala, Juha
- 8-11 Retiring to the good life? The short-term effects of retirement on health
by Johnston, David W. & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 12-14 The apples and oranges theorem for price indices
by van Veelen, Matthijs
- 15-17 The elasticity of intertemporal substitution: New evidence from 401(k) participation
by Engelhardt, Gary V. & Kumar, Anil
- 18-22 Productive low morale
by Zhao, Rui R.
- 23-25 Do bequests increase or decrease wealth inequalities?
by Horioka, Charles Yuji
- 26-28 Trade variety and political conflict: Some international evidence
by Jinjarak, Yothin
- 29-32 What can we learn from central bankers' words? Some nonparametric tests for the ECB
by Mizen, Paul
- 33-35 Participation costs for responders can reduce rejection rates in ultimatum bargaining
by Wichardt, Philipp C. & Schunk, Daniel & Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 36-38 A robust algorithm for parameter estimation in smooth transition autoregressive models
by Bekiros, Stelios D.
- 39-41 Is the New Keynesian Phillips curve flat?
by Kuester, Keith & Müller, Gernot J. & Stölting, Sarah
- 42-44 Bonferroni correction for seasonal cointegrating ranks
by Seong, Byeongchan
- 45-48 Construction of probability metrics on classes of investors
by Stoyanov, Stoyan V. & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Fabozzi, Frank J.
- 49-51 A test of the representativeness bias effect on stock prices: A study of Super Bowl commercial likeability
by Chang, Charles & Jiang, Jing & Kim, Kenneth A.
- 52-54 A causal test of the demonstration effect theory
by Mitrut, Andreea & Wolff, François-Charles
- 55-58 Bertrand competition with non-rigid capacity constraints
by Roy Chowdhury, Prabal
- 59-61 Systematic peak-load pricing, congestion premia and demand diverting: Empirical evidence
by Escobari, Diego
- 62-64 Measuring the degree of time varying market inefficiency
by Ito, Mikio & Sugiyama, Shunsuke
March 2009, Volume 102, Issue 3
- 143-146 Does money still matter for U.S. output?
by Berger, Helge & Österholm, Pär
- 147-151 Does global slack matter more than domestic slack in determining U.S. inflation?
by Milani, Fabio
- 152-154 Giving it now or later: Altruism and discounting
by Kovarik, Jaromir
- 155-157 Hotelling competition with demand on parallel line
by Huang, Tao
- 158-160 Social trust and human capital formation
by Papagapitos, Agapitos & Riley, Robert
- 161-164 Linear and nonlinear causality between changes in consumption and consumer attitudes
by Qiao, Zhuo & McAleer, Michael & Wong, Wing-Keung
- 165-168 Transparency and product variety
by Schultz, Christian
- 169-173 A note on optimal allocation mechanisms
by Figueroa, Nicols & Skreta, Vasiliki
- 174-176 Making sense of the labor market height premium: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Case, Anne & Paxson, Christina & Islam, Mahnaz
- 177-180 Sticks and carrots: Two incentive mechanisms supporting intra-group cooperation
by Janus, Thorsten & Lim, Jamus Jerome
- 181-184 Spatial growth volatility and age-structured human capital dynamics in Europe
by Parhi, Mamata & Mishra, Tapas
- 185-188 Entry, access pricing, and welfare in the telecommunications industry
by Behringer, Stefan
- 189-191 Sibling-sex composition and its effects on fertility and labor supply of Greek mothers
by Daouli, Joan & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas
- 192-194 The role of egalitarian motives in altruistic punishment
by Johnson, Tim & Dawes, Christopher T. & Fowler, James H. & McElreath, Richard & Smirnov, Oleg
- 195-197 Investments in education: Too much or not enough?
by van der Meer, Peter H.
- 198-200 A note on noncompetes, bargaining and training by firms
by Meccheri, Nicola
February 2009, Volume 102, Issue 2