Booms, busts and heavy-tails: The story of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:164:y:2018:i:c:p:109-111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Zeira, 2000.
"Informational overshooting, booms and crashes,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Apr.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:26:y:2018:i:c:p:81-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:03:y:2000:i:02:n:s0219024900000115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Anders Johansen & Olivier Ledoit & Didier Sornette, 2000.
"Crashes As Critical Points,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 219-255.
- Johansen, Anders & Ledoit, Olivier & Sornette, Didier, 1998. "Crashes at Critical Points," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt2s77r0rk, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- C. Baek & M. Elbeck, 2015. "Bitcoins as an investment or speculative vehicle? A first look," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 30-34, January.
- repec:eee:moneco:v:95:y:2018:i:c:p:86-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cheah, Eng-Tuck & Fry, John, 2015. "Speculative bubbles in Bitcoin markets? An empirical investigation into the fundamental value of Bitcoin," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 32-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:finana:v:62:y:2019:i:c:p:21-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finana:v:62:y:2019:i:c:p:182-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:525:y:2019:i:c:p:1063-1079 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finana:v:61:y:2019:i:c:p:143-157 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:48:y:2019:i:c:p:32-47 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBitcoin; Bubbles; Cryptocurrencies; Econophysics; Liquidity risk;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:171:y:2018:i:c:p:225-229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.