2005, Volume 88, Issue 1
- 73-77 A simple axiomatization of risk-averse expected utility
by Werner, Jan
- 79-84 Dismissal costs and innovation
by Koeniger, Winfried
- 85-90 Harsanyi's utilitarianism via linear programming
by Mandler, Michael
- 91-96 Monte Carlo comparison of model and moment selection and classical inference approaches to break detection in panel data models
by De Wachter, Stefan & Tzavalis, Elias
- 97-100 Tax evasion under random audits with uncertain detection
by Snow, Arthur & Warren, Ronald Jr.
- 101-107 Loss avoidance as selection principle: Evidence from simple stag-hunt games
by Rydval, Ondrej & Ortmann, Andreas
- 109-114 School quality, educational attainment and aggregation bias
by Fertig, Michael & Wright, Robert E.
- 115-119 The poverty challenge: How individual decision-making behavior influences poverty
by Pennings, Joost M.E. & Garcia, Philip
- 121-125 The nature of supply side effects on electricity prices: The impact of water temperature
by Boogert, Alexander & Dupont, Dominique
- 127-133 On topological chaos in the Robinson-Solow-Srinivasan model
by Khan, M. Ali & Mitra, Tapan
- 135-139 Profit maximizing nonlinear pricing
by Andersson, Tommy
- 141-145 Emigration and wage inequality
by Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal
2005, Volume 87, Issue 3
- 291-299 Friedman redux: Restricting monetary policy rules to support flexible exchange rates
by Devereux, Michael B. & Shi, Kang & Xu, Juanyi
- 301-306 Spurious nonlinear regressions in econometrics
by Lee, Young-Sook & Kim, Tae-Hwan & Newbold, Paul
- 307-311 Can raising interest rates increase inflation?
by Linnemann, Ludger
- 313-317 Optimal health insurance contract: Is a deductible useful?
by Bardey, David & Lesur, Romain
- 319-324 Myopic loss aversion: Information feedback vs. investment flexibility
by Bellemare, Charles & Krause, Michaela & Kroger, Sabine & Zhang, Chendi
- 325-328 Explaining the relationship between CO2 emissions and national income--The role of energy consumption
by Liu, Xuemei
- 329-335 Price-setting behaviour, competition, and markup shocks in the new Keynesian model
by Khan, Hashmat
- 337-345 Money as real options in a cash-in-advance economy
by Beck, Stacie & Stockman, David R.
- 347-353 Fertility, volatility, and growth
by Pommeret, Aude & Smith, William T.
- 355-360 Inequality preserving rationing
by Hougaard, Jens Leth & Osterdal, Lars Peter
- 361-366 Approximating the bias of the LSDV estimator for dynamic unbalanced panel data models
by Bruno, Giovanni S.F.
- 367-371 Mean-reverting behavior of current account in Asian countries
by Lau, Evan & Zubaidi Baharumshah, Ahmad
- 373-377 Long-memory property of nonlinear transformations of break processes
by Yoon, Gawon
- 379-386 On the gains from international financial integration
by Wright, Mark L.J.
- 387-392 Structural change in U.S. manufacturing: Stationarity and intra-distributional changes
by Kruger, Jens J.
- 393-398 Nonparametric identification of behavioral responses to counterfactual policy interventions in dynamic discrete decision processes
by Aguirregabiria, Victor
- 399-405 Migration, taxation and educational incentives
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 407-413 Regime (non)stationarity in the US/UK real exchange rate
by Kanas, Angelos & Genius, Margarita
- 415-420 Endogenous private health investment and the willingness to pay for public health projects: The effects of income
by Liu, Liqun & Neilson, William S.
- 421-426 Testing for a Santa Claus effect in growth cycles
by Giles, David E.
- 427-432 Marriage, female labor supply, and Asian zodiacs
by Lee, Jungmin
2005, Volume 87, Issue 2
- 145-152 Capital utilization and the foundations of club convergence
by Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Winther Hansen, Jes
- 153-159 Unobserved heterogeneity and the relation between earnings and firm size: evidence from two developing countries
by Soderbom, Mans & Teal, Francis & Wambugu, Anthony
- 161-167 Monetary policy arithmetic for a deflationary economy
by Kudoh, Noritaka
- 169-174 Child labor and the law: Notes on possible pathologies
by Basu, Kaushik
- 175-179 Allowing a pre-purchase product trial in duopoly
by Hahn, Sunku
- 181-185 Determinacy, learnability, and discretionary policy
by Kurozumi, Takushi
- 187-191 Learnability and transparency with time inconsistent monetary policy
by Cone, Thomas E.
- 193-197 Sustainability revisited
by Hellwig, Klaus
- 199-205 VAT base broadening when the location of some consumption is mobile
by Whalley, John & Zhang, Shunming
- 207-210 Estimating memory parameter in the US inflation rate
by Lee, Jin
- 211-219 The origin principle, tax harmonization and public goods
by Kotsogiannis, Christos & Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel & Myles, Gareth D.
- 221-226 Testing for market efficiency in gambling markets when the errors are non-normal and heteroskedastic an application of the wild bootstrap
by Ioannidis, C. & Peel, D.A.
- 227-230 Can small menu costs explain sticky prices?
by Fishman, Arthur & Simhon, Avi
- 231-234 ICT diffusion and potential output growth
by Cette, Gilbert & Mairesse, Jacques & Kocoglu, Yusuf
- 235-241 Nominal and real wage rigidity in a friction model
by Christofides, Louis N. & Li, Dingding
- 243-248 Errors in the Penn World Table demographic data
by Dowrick, Steve
- 249-258 Bi-polarization comparisons
by Duclos, Jean-Yves & Echevin, Damien
- 259-265 Modeling the liquidity effect with the limited participation model: A skeptical view
by Auray, Stephane & Feve, Patrick
- 267-272 A tractable model of precautionary saving in continuous time
by Toche, Patrick
- 273-278 Margin borrowing, stock returns, and market volatility: Evidence from margin credit balance
by Zhang, Wei David & Seyedian, Mojtaba & Li, Jinliang
- 279-283 On the Fisher-Konieczny index of price changes synchronization
by Dias, D.A. & Robalo Marques, C. & Neves, P.D. & Santos Silva, J.M.C.
- 285-290 A sunspot paradox
by Hintermaier, Thomas
2005, Volume 87, Issue 1
- 1-7 Monetary policy and stable indeterminacy with inertia
by Evans, George W. & McGough, Bruce
- 9-13 Do price ceilings abroad increase U.S. drug prices?
by Mujumdar, Sudesh & Pal, Debashis
- 15-19 Legal institutions and financial system orientation
by Du, Julan
- 21-26 Monopolistic competition, transaction costs and multiple equilibria
by Julien, Ludovic A. & Sanz, Nicolas
- 27-33 Collateral once again
by Orrillo, Jaime
- 35-39 Reserve price commitments in auctions
by Menezes, Flavio & Ryan, Matthew J.
- 41-46 Inflation and inequality: does political structure matter?
by Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgard, Anders & Yousef, Tarik M.
- 47-53 Environmental regulation and US state-level production
by Henderson, Daniel J. & Millimet, Daniel L.
- 55-59 Market structure and the allocation of R&D expenditures
by Kato, Atsushi
- 61-66 (All) Equilibria in a class of bidding games
by Albano, Gian Luigi & Matros, Alexander
- 67-73 A Bayesian analysis of tree structure specification in nested logit models
by Verlinda, Jeremy A.
- 75-81 Estimating and identifying vector autoregressions under diagonality and block exogeneity restrictions
by Lastrapes, William D.
- 83-87 Forming efficient networks
by Perez-Castrillo, David & Wettstein, David
- 89-93 The battle of the sexes when the future is important
by Hausken, Kjell
- 95-101 Reciprocity, matching and conditional cooperation in two public goods games
by Croson, Rachel & Fatas, Enrique & Neugebauer, Tibor
- 103-108 Extracting consumer information rent by delaying the delivery of goods/services
by Ueng, Zen-Fu & Yang, C.C.
- 109-112 A complete characterization of majority rules
by Yi, Jianxin
- 113-119 The political economy of refunded emissions payment programs
by Fredriksson, Per G. & Sterner, Thomas
- 121-126 The determinants of international knowledge diffusion as measured by patent citations
by MacGarvie, Megan
- 127-134 Does advertising lower the price of newspapers to consumers? A theoretical appraisal
by Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Laussel, Didier & Sonnac, Nathalie
- 135-140 Solving nonlinear dynamic stochastic models: an algorithm computing value function by simulations
by Maliar, Lilia & Maliar, Serguei
- 141-144 Indirect taxation is superfluous under separability and taste homogeneity: a simple proof
by Laroque, Guy R.
2005, Volume 86, Issue 3
- 297-301 Wage rigidity and tax structure
by Lundborg, Per
- 303-309 Linear-risk-tolerant, invariant risk preferences
by Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John
- 311-316 Stochastic growth under Wiener and Poisson uncertainty
by Steger, Thomas M.
- 317-321 A continuous state space approach to "Convergence by Parts"
by Johnson, Paul A.
- 323-329 Central bank inflation contracts and strategic wage setting in a multiunion economy
by Lawler, Phillip
- 331-337 Market structure, viewer welfare, and advertising rates in local broadcast television markets
by Brown, Keith & Alexander, Peter J.
- 339-346 Drift and diffusion function specification for short-term interest rates
by Lee, Myoung-jae & Li, Wen-juan
- 347-352 Outliers and GARCH models in financial data
by Charles, Amelie & Darne, Olivier
- 353-357 Feldstein-Horioka meets a time trend
by Georgopoulos, George J. & Hejazi, Walid
- 359-366 Nominal income targeting versus money growth targeting in an endogenously growing economy
by Lai, Ching-chong & Chen, Shu-hua & Shaw, Ming-fu
- 367-371 A semiparametric panel data model for markets in disequilibrium
by Mayer, Walter J.
- 373-378 Inflation forecasting using a neural network
by Nakamura, Emi
- 379-385 Biased managers, organizational design, and incentive provision
by Costa, Cristiano M. & Ferreira, Daniel & Moreira, Humberto
- 387-392 Birth weight and schooling and earnings: estimates from a sample of twins
by Miller, Paul & Mulvey, Charles & Martin, Nick
- 393-398 The effect of stakes in distribution experiments
by Carpenter, Jeffrey & Verhoogen, Eric & Burks, Stephen
- 399-403 Nonlinear monetary policy in Europe: fact or myth?
by Bruinshoofd, Allard & Candelon, Bertrand
- 405-411 Testing for agglomeration and dispersion
by Rysman, Marc & Greenstein, Shane
- 413-417 A computational trick for delta-method standard errors
by Papke, Leslie E. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 419-426 Age effects in Swedish local labor markets
by Skans, Oskar Nordstrom
- 427-433 Functional Central Limit Theorem approximations and the distribution of the Dickey-Fuller test with strongly heteroskedastic data
by Valkanov, Rossen
- 435-440 A multivariate conditional autoregressive range model
by Fernandes, Marcelo & de Sa Mota, Bernardo & Rocha, Guilherme
2005, Volume 86, Issue 2
- 147-152 An alternative decomposition of the Fisher index
by Hallerbach, Winfried G.
- 153-158 Sequential decisions in the college admissions problem
by Alcalde, Jose & Romero-Medina, Antonio
- 159-166 Estimating convergence for Asian economies using dynamic random variable models
by Evans, Paul & Kim, Ji Uk
- 167-172 A simple approach to identifying the incentives for policy experimentation
by Ellison, Martin & Vilmunen, Jouko
- 173-180 The effects of race, gender, and survey methodologies on giving in the US
by Rooney, Patrick M. & Mesch, Debra J. & Chin, William & Steinberg, Kathryn S.
- 181-185 Specialisation and growth: the detection of European regional convergence clubs
by Mora, Toni & Vaya, Esther & Surinach, Jordi
- 187-191 Nominal rigidities without literal menu costs: evidence from E-commerce
by Chakrabarti, Rajesh & Scholnick, Barry
- 193-198 The purchasing power parity puzzle, temporal aggregation, and half-life estimation
by Chambers, Marcus J.
- 199-203 Gender and overconfidence
by Bengtsson, Claes & Persson, Mats & Willenhag, Peter
- 205-213 An index for measuring tax progressivity
by Stroup, Michael D.
- 215-220 On the undervaluation of privatized companies
by Grout, Paul A. & Zalewska, Anna
- 221-228 Randomized response and the binary probit model
by Ronning, Gerd
- 229-235 Testing for seasonal unit roots in heterogeneous panels
by Otero, Jesus & Smith, Jeremy & Giulietti, Monica
- 237-243 Modelling squared returns using a SETAR model with long-memory dynamics
by Dufrenot, Gilles & Guegan, Dominique & Peguin-Feissolle, Anne
- 245-251 Quality discrimination among income constrained consumers
by Acharyya, Rajat
- 253-257 Do regulation and ownership drive the efficiency of electricity distribution? Evidence from Latin America
by Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin A.
- 259-263 Money, growth and finite horizons
by Petrucci, Alberto
- 265-271 US domestic currency in forecast error variance decompositions of inflation and output
by Aksoy, Yunus & Piskorski, Tomasz
- 273-278 Mortality, fertility, and child labor
by Chakraborty, Shankha & Das, Mausumi
- 279-284 The effect of alcohol prohibition on alcohol consumption: evidence from drunkenness arrests
by Dills, Angela K. & Jacobson, Mireille & Miron, Jeffrey A.
- 285-289 Tax evasion as an optimal tax device
by Davidson, Carl & Martin, Lawrence W. & Wilson, John D.
- 291-296 Uniform convergence rate of kernel estimation with mixed categorical and continuous data
by Li, Qi & Ouyang, Desheng
2005, Volume 86, Issue 1
- 1-6 Simple structural econometrics of price elasticity
by Cazals, Catherine & Feve, Frederique & Feve, Patrick & Florens, Jean-Pierre
- 7-12 Electoral systems and income inequality
by Verardi, Vincenzo
- 13-20 The K-deformed multinomial logit model
by Rajaonarison, Dominique & Bolduc, Denis & Jayet, Hubert
- 21-27 The predictive ability and profitability of technical trading rules: does company size matter?
by Bokhari, Jawaad & Cai, Charlie & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin
- 29-35 Foreign direct investment from developing Asia: some distinctive features
by Gao, Ting
- 37-42 Monetary policy, asset prices, and uncertainty
by Alexandre, Fernando & Bacao, Pedro
- 43-49 On balancedness of superadditive games and price equilibria in exchange economies
by Meertens, M.A.
- 51-56 Sharing-group allocation problems
by Rhee, Sangkyu
- 57-61 Foreign assistance and economic development: a re-evaluation
by Burhop, Carsten
- 63-68 Robust tests for normality of errors in regression models
by Onder, A. Ozlem & Zaman, Asad
- 69-72 Shareholder voting
by Ritzberger, Klaus
- 73-77 A rational expectations critique of merger policy analysis
by Ecer, Sencer
- 79-85 Bootstrapping the log-periodogram regression
by Arteche, J. & Orbe, J.
- 87-93 The density of bounded diffusions
by Saphores, Jean-Daniel M.
- 95-100 Auction form preference and inefficiency of asymmetric discriminatory auctions
by Campbell, Colin & Carare, Octavian & McLean, Richard P.
- 101-106 Global environmental problems, efficiency and limited altruism
by Johansson-Stenman, Olof
- 107-112 Bill-and-keep vs. cost-based access pricing revisited
by Berger, Ulrich
- 113-119 Noncontemporaneous cointegration and the importance of timing
by Nielsen, Morten Orregaard
- 121-128 Patents and the diffusion of technical information
by Bessen, James
- 129-134 Transition and enterprise restructuring: the role of budget constraints and bankruptcy costs
by Rizov, Marian
- 135-139 Manipulations in contests
by Cohen, Chen & Sela, Aner
- 141-146 Asset returns and business cycles in models with investment adjustment costs
by Beaubrun-Diant, Kevin E. & Tripier, Fabien
2004, Volume 85, Issue 3
- 295-299 Self-insurance and inequality
by Algan, Yann & Cheron, Arnaud & Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, Francois
- 301-307 Credit rationing, profit accumulation and economic growth
by Amable, Bruno & Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten
- 309-314 Strategy-contingent discounting in repeated PD-games
by Koppel, Oliver
- 315-320 How financial incentives and cognitive abilities affect task performance in laboratory settings: an illustration
by Rydval, Ondrej & Ortmann, Andreas
- 321-326 A Lagrange multiplier stationarity test using covariates
by Juhl, Ted
- 327-334 Risk aversion, public disclosure, and long-lived information
by Zhang, Wei David
- 335-340 Strategy-proofness and efficiency are incompatible in production economies
by Leroux, Justin
- 341-345 Improvement paths in repeated pure coordination games
by Stanford, William
- 347-351 Modeling the intensity of foreign exchange intervention activity
by Frenkel, Michael & Pierdzioch, Christian & Stadtmann, Georg
- 353-357 Employment protection and effort among German employees
by Riphahn, Regina T.
- 359-363 Characterizing majority rule: from profiles to societies
by Miroiu, Adrian
- 365-371 Nash equilibrium in strictly competitive games: live play in soccer
by Moschini, GianCarlo
- 373-378 Efficient learning under price limits: evidence from IPOs in Taiwan
by Chen, Anlin & Chiou, Sue L. & Wu, Chinshun
- 379-383 Racial disparities in bank-specific mortgage lending models
by Blackburn, McKinley L. & Vermilyea, Todd
2004, Volume 85, Issue 2
- 145-150 Factor adjustment spikes and interrelation: an empirical investigation
by Letterie, Wilko A. & Pfann, Gerard A. & Polder, J. Michael
- 151-155 A model of competing selling mechanisms
by Chen, Yongmin & Wang, Ruqu
- 157-162 Do causes of environmental problems affect Hicksian equivalent surplus? Evidence from the field
by Bulte, Erwin H. & Gerking, Shelby & List, John A. & de Zeeuw, Aart
- 163-166 The commitment effect in belief evolution
by Gehrig, Thomas & Guth, Werner & Levinsky, Rene
- 167-170 The investment horizon and dynamic asset allocation--some experimental evidence
by Klos, Alexander
- 171-177 Recession, high interest rates and instability: simple macro-dynamics
by Vera, Leonardo V.
- 179-184 Unauthorized file-sharing and the pricing of digital content
by Domon, Koji & Yamazaki, Naoto
- 185-193 A test for the distributional comparison of simulated and historical data
by Corradi, Valentina & Swanson, Norman R.
- 195-200 Debt maturity structure with pre-emptive creditors
by Gai, Prasanna & Shin, Hyun Song
- 201-207 Testing for Granger causality in variance in the presence of causality in mean
by Pantelidis, Theologos & Pittis, Nikitas
- 209-213 Imports, exports, knowledge spillovers and growth
by Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David
- 215-219 On the purification of Nash equilibria of large games
by Carmona, Guilherme
- 221-228 A method of moments estimator for a stochastic frontier model with errors in variables
by Chen, Yi-Yi & Wang, Hung-Jen
- 229-234 How does the unemployment insurance system shape the time profile of jobless duration?
by Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro
- 235-240 A note on geography, institutions, and income inequality
by Sylwester, Kevin
- 241-246 A note on the redistributive effect of immigration
by Euwals, Rob & Roodenburg, Hans
- 247-255 Seemingly unrelated regressions with identical regressors: a note
by Bhattacharya, Debopam
- 257-263 The ADF-KPSS test of the joint confirmation hypothesis of unit autoregressive root
by Keblowski, Piotr & Welfe, Aleksander
- 265-270 Finite horizons, human wealth, and the risk-free rate puzzle
by Mello, Marcelo & Guimaraes-Filho, Roberto
- 271-277 Permanent and temporary inflation uncertainty and investment in the United States
by Byrne, Joseph P. & Davis, E. Philip
- 279-286 Learning to play second-price auctions, an experimental study
by Aseff, Jorge G.
- 287-294 Auctions with synergies and asymmetric buyers
by Menezes, Flavio M. & Monteiro, Paulo K.
2004, Volume 85, Issue 1
- 1-7 Theory of tax smoothing in the small open economy
by Fisher, Lance A. & Kingston, Geoffrey H.
- 9-16 A note on timeless perspective policy design
by Blake, Andrew P. & Kirsanova, Tatiana
- 17-22 Another look at the income elasticity of non-point source air pollutants: a semiparametric approach
by Roy, Nilanjana & Cornelis van Kooten, G.
- 23-27 Currency unions and the real exchange rate
by Ca' Zorzi, Michele & De Santis, Roberto A.
- 29-34 A welfare decomposition in quasi-linear economies
by Furusawa, Taiji & Konishi, Hideo
- 35-42 Regional spillovers, economic growth, and the effects of economic integration
by Holod, Dmytro & Reed, Robert III
- 43-46 Risk aversion in first price auctions with common values
by Menicucci, Domenico
- 47-51 The stability of conventions: random and lattice matching networks compared
by Cartwright, Edward
- 53-56 Experience and growth
by Cook, David
- 57-61 Social insurance and the design of innovation incentives
by Lakdawalla, Darius & Sood, Neeraj
- 63-69 A note on modelling core inflation for the UK using a new dynamic factor estimation method and a large disaggregated price index dataset
by Kapetanios, George
- 71-76 Optimal human investment allocation
by Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo
- 77-83 Market structure and market definition: the case of small market banks and thrifts
by Cohen, Andrew
- 85-91 Exponential specifications and measurement error
by Schennach, Susanne M.
- 93-101 The effect of democracy and press freedom on corruption: an empirical test
by Chowdhury, Shyamal K.
- 103-110 Independent monetary policies and social equity
by Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Weymark, Diana N.
- 111-116 The magnification effect of trade on wages with endogenous technology
by Nahuis, Richard
- 117-121 Inflation volatility, government debts, and the fiscal theory of the price level
by Kim, Soyoung
- 123-127 Synchronization due to common shocks? Evidence from German grocery prices
by Loy, Jens-Peter & Weiss, Christoph R.
- 129-132 Generalized sample selection bias correction under RUM
by Barrios, Javier A.
- 133-137 Tests for the consistency of three-level nested logit models with utility maximization
by Gil-Molto, Maria Jose & Hole, Arne Risa
- 139-144 Upward bias in the consumer price index under the zero-inflation economy
by Unayama, Takashi