July 2006, Volume 92, Issue 1
- 32-37 Is there employment discrimination against the disabled?
by Jones, Melanie K.
- 38-43 Wild bootstrapping variance ratio tests
by Kim, Jae H.
- 44-46 Simplified marginal effects in discrete choice models: A correction
by Carlevaro, Fabrizio & Senegas, Marc-Alexandre
- 47-51 Convergence forward and backward?
by Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo
- 52-57 A test of serial independence of deviations from cointegrating relations
by Chigira, Hiroaki
- 58-62 Imports of intermediate inputs and plant survival
by Lopez, Ricardo A.
- 63-67 Liability and information transmission: The advantage of negligence based rules
by Feess, Eberhard & Wohlschlegel, Ansgar
- 68-74 Superstardom in the US popular music industry revisited
by Giles, David E.
- 75-81 Profile likelihood estimation of partially linear panel data models with fixed effects
by Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman
- 82-88 Work incentives and household insurance: Sequential contracting with altruistic individuals and moral hazard
by Aubert, Cecile
- 89-92 Product and labor markets distortions in Europe
by Jonsson, Magnus
- 93-98 The euro area wage curve
by Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna & Turunen, Jarkko
- 99-107 Second-price auction tournament
by Shogren, Jason F. & Parkhurst, Gregory M. & McIntosh, Christopher
- 108-112 Does trade liberalization increase national energy use?
by Cole, Matthew A.
- 113-117 Beach holiday in Bali or East Timor? Why conflict can lead to under- and overexploitation of natural resources
by Rohner, Dominic
- 118-125 Why is it so difficult to uncover the risk-return tradeoff in stock returns?
by Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti
- 126-130 Elasticity of risk aversion and international trade
by Broll, Udo & Wahl, Jack E. & Wong, Wing-Keung
- 131-136 Did the Bank of Japan have a target zone for the inflation rate?
by Tachibana, Minoru
- 137-142 The exchange rate-interest differential relationship in six East Asian countries
by Bautista, Carlos C.
- 143-148 Optimal team incentives with CES production
by Adams, Christopher P.
- 149-155 Bootstrap bias-adjusted GMM estimators
by Ramalho, Joaquim J.S.
June 2006, Volume 91, Issue 3
- 307-311 Horizontal merger: Pivotal buyers and bargaining power
by Adilov, Nodir & Alexander, Peter J.
- 312-320 The method of endogenous gridpoints for solving dynamic stochastic optimization problems
by Carroll, Christopher D.
- 321-324 The power of the KPSS-test for cointegration when residuals are fractionally integrated
by Sibbertsen, Philipp & Kramer, Walter
- 325-329 Population growth and steady state welfare in an overlapping generations model
by Sen, Partha
- 330-336 Small sample corrections for linear restrictions on cointegrating vectors: A Monte Carlo comparison
by Canepa, Alessandra
- 337-342 Sequential auctions for stochastically equivalent complementary objects
by Tang Sorensen, Soren
- 343-348 Bootstrap tests of multiple inequality restrictions on variance ratios
by Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara
- 349-353 Federal reserve vs. private forecasts of real net exports
by Baghestani, Hamid
- 354-359 Are expectations on inflation and election outcomes connected? An empirical analysis
by Berlemann, Michael & Elzemann, Jorg
- 360-368 Nonlinear autoregressive models and long memory
by Kapetanios, George
- 369-372 Nash implementation of the majority rule
by Remzi Sanver, M.
- 373-379 Forecasting using predictive likelihood model averaging
by Kapetanios, George & Labhard, Vincent & Price, Simon
- 380-388 A model-free characterization of causality
by Baghli, Mustapha
- 389-394 Frequency domain bootstrap for the fractional cointegration regression
by Gerolimetto, Margherita
- 395-401 A meta-analysis of the export growth hypothesis
by Mookerjee, Rajen
- 402-407 Utility analysis, luxuries and risk
by Diacon, Stephen
- 408-412 The price-dividend ratio and limits to arbitrage: Evidence from a time-varying ESTR model
by McMillan, David G.
- 413-419 Properties of recursive trend-adjusted unit root tests
by Rodrigues, Paulo M.M.
- 420-424 Overconsumption, reference groups, and equilibrium efficiency
by Garriga, Carlos
- 425-429 Interpreting the predictions of prediction markets
by Manski, Charles F.
- 430-435 Informational rent, publicly known firm type, and 'closeness' in relationship finance
by Kaivanto, Kim
- 436-443 On multi-decomposition of the aggregate Malmquist productivity index
by Mussard, Stephane & Peypoch, Nicolas
- 444-449 Decomposing the contribution of smaller shocks to the stabilization of GDP
by Bivin, David
- 450-457 Nonparametric analysis of regional income dynamics: The case of Greece
by Fotopoulos, Georgios
- 458-459 Trade as a threshold variable for multiple regimes: A comment
by Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Chang, Ya-Kai
- 460-461 Trade as a threshold variable for multiple regimes: Reply
by Papageorgiou, Chris
May 2006, Volume 91, Issue 2
- 153-157 Determinants of productivity per employee: An empirical estimation using panel data
by Belorgey, Nicolas & Lecat, Remy & Maury, Tristan-Pierre
- 158-166 A simple recursive forecasting model
by Branch, William A. & Evans, George W.
- 167-172 Underemployment, on-the-job search, and the Beveridge curve
by Kennes, John
- 173-178 Providing public goods in two steps
by Lange, Andreas
- 179-183 Maskin monotonic aggregation rules
by Asan, Goksel & Sanver, M. Remzi
- 184-189 Spurious correlation of I(0) regressors in models with an I(1) dependent variable
by Stewart, Chris
- 190-196 Does quality of openness affect corruption?
by Gokcekus, Omer & Knorich, Jan
- 197-203 Privatisation and liberalisation in an industry with network externalities
by Willner, Johan
- 204-209 What accounts for the growth of trade in differentiated goods: Economic causes or technological imperatives?
by Tang, Linghui
- 210-214 As time goes by: An investigation of how asset allocation varies with investor age
by Summers, Barbara & Duxbury, Darren & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin
- 215-221 Optimal taxation and finite horizon
by Mathieu-Bolh, Nathalie
- 222-228 Capital controls and stock market volatility in frequency domain
by Orlov, Alexei G.
- 229-235 What explains the deviations of purchasing power parity across countries? International evidence from macro data
by Lo, Melody & Sunny Wong, M.C.
- 236-242 Determining long-run neutrality in a partially nonstationary model
by Aznar, A. & Domingo, C.
- 243-249 Black market exchange rate and the productivity bias hypothesis
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Gelan, Abera
- 250-259 Rejecting small gambles under expected utility
by Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio & Serrano, Roberto
- 260-266 On the profitability of reducing competition in all-pay auctions with risk averse bidders
by Cingottini, Ilaria & Menicucci, Domenico
- 267-272 The optimal private information in single unit monopoly
by Saak, Alexander E.
- 273-279 Different time preferences and non-stationary contracts in negotiations
by Houba, Harold & Wen, Quan
- 280-286 Sample selection models with a common dummy endogenous regressor in simultaneous equations: A simple two-step estimation
by Kim, Kyoo il
- 287-292 Minimum wage increases can lead to wage reductions by imperfectly competitive firms
by Clark, Ken & Kaas, Leo & Madden, Paul
- 293-299 Mechanism design for arbitrary type spaces
by Skreta, Vasiliki
- 300-306 A new approach to robust inference in cointegration
by Jin, Sainan & Phillips, Peter C.B. & Sun, Yixiao
April 2006, Volume 91, Issue 1
- 1-7 First-price auctions without affiliation
by Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Moreira, Humberto
- 8-14 Income inequality and efficiency: A decomposition approach and applications to China
by Cheng, Yuk-shing & Li, Sung-ko
- 15-20 Tests for asymmetry in possibly nonstationary dynamic panel models
by Wan Shin, Dong & Jhee, Won-Chul
- 21-26 Time-varying parameter models with endogenous regressors
by Kim, Chang-Jin
- 27-33 Testing for panel cointegration with a level break
by Westerlund, Joakim
- 34-38 Violations of betweenness or random errors?
by Blavatskyy, Pavlo R.
- 39-43 Kernel estimation under linear-exponential loss
by Anatolyev, Stanislav
- 44-49 Persistence change tests and shifting stable autoregressions
by Leybourne, Stephen J. & Taylor, A.M. Robert
- 50-55 Inflation persistence and the real costs of disinflation in staggered prices and partial adjustment models
by Musy, Olivier
- 56-60 The transition to a new inflation rate in models with habit formation
by Mansoorian, Arman & Michelis, Leo
- 61-66 Resurgence of employment growth in the European Union: The role of cycles and labour market reforms
by Inklaar, Robert & Timmer, Marcel P.
- 67-71 Differing preferences between anti-inflation and anti-unemployment policy among the rich and the poor
by Jayadev, Arjun
- 72-75 Optimal discrete prediction in parametric binary response models
by Terza, Joseph V.
- 76-82 The block bootstrap test of Hausman's exogeneity in the presence of serial correlation
by Li, Jing
- 83-89 The Beveridge-Nelson decomposition of Markov-switching processes
by Chen, Chao-Chun & Tsay, Wen-Jen
- 90-97 Timing of school tracking as a determinant of intergenerational transmission of education
by Bauer, Philipp & Riphahn, Regina T.
- 98-103 Hierarchical allocation
by Quesada, Antonio
- 104-109 Single source of error state space approach to the Beveridge Nelson decomposition
by Anderson, Heather M. & Low, Chin Nam & Snyder, Ralph
- 110-116 The comovement between output and prices: Evidence from a dynamic conditional correlation GARCH model
by Lee, Jim
- 117-121 Scale and technological factors in the diversification structure of business firms
by Castaldi, Carolina & Milakovic, Mishael & Secchi, Angelo
- 122-126 A model with self-fulfilling prophecies of longevity
by Cipriani, Giam Pietro & Makris, Miltiadis
- 127-130 Debt relief and adjustment effort in a multi-period model
by Tengstam, Sven
- 131-137 Patents, trade secrets and the correlation among R&D projects
by Bulut, Harun & Moschini, GianCarlo
- 138-145 Functional form and spatial dependence in dynamic panels
by Yang, Zhenlin & Li, Chenwei & Tse, Y.K.
- 146-152 Inequality and migration: A behavioral link
by Stark, Oded
March 2006, Volume 90, Issue 3
- 297-303 How fast did developing country poverty fall during the 1990s? Capabilities-based tests of rival estimates
by McLeod, Darryl
- 304-309 More on the correct use of omnibus tests for normality
by Poitras, Geoffrey
- 310-316 Age at immigration and educational attainment of young immigrants
by van Ours, Jan C. & Veenman, Justus
- 317-320 Exclusion by cognitive limitation
by Houy, Nicolas
- 321-327 Results on the bias and inconsistency of ordinary least squares for the linear probability model
by Horrace, William C. & Oaxaca, Ronald L.
- 328-334 Employment protection: Do firms' perceptions match with legislation?
by Pierre, Gaelle & Scarpetta, Stefano
- 335-339 The information content of regional employment data for forecasting aggregate conditions
by Hernandez-Murillo, Ruben & Owyang, Michael T.
- 340-347 Elasticity of substitution and productivity, capital and skill intensity differences across firms
by Dupuy, Arnaud & de Grip, Andries
- 348-355 Temptation, self-control, and competitive nonlinear pricing
by Esteban, Susanna & Miyagawa, Eiichi
- 356-361 Influences on software piracy: Evidence from the various United States
by Bezmen, Trisha L. & Depken II, Craig A.
- 362-367 Decomposition of bivariate inequality indices by attributes
by Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 368-372 Optimal number of standards under economies of scope in quality
by Stivers, Andrew E.
- 373-377 The value of buyer's ignorance in monopoly
by Saak, Alexander E.
- 378-383 Demand shocks and economic fluctuations
by Wen, Yi
- 384-389 Reducing the size distortions of the panel LM Test for cointegration
by Westerlund, Joakim
- 390-395 Nonparametric estimation of stochastic volatility models
by Reno, Roberto
- 396-401 Equilibrium number of firms and economic welfare in a spatial price discrimination model
by Matsumura, Toshihiro & Okamura, Makoto
- 402-406 Evidence of a stock market wealth effect using household level data
by Cho, Sungwon
- 407-411 Why costless auditing may reduce social welfare
by Feess, Eberhard & Schumacher, Christoph
- 412-420 (Non)optimality of the Friedman rule and optimal taxation in a growing economy with imperfect competition
by Shaw, Ming-Fu & Chang, Juin-Jen & Lai, Ching-Chong
- 421-426 Reference groups and individual deprivation
by Bossert, Walter & D'Ambrosio, Conchita
- 427-432 Levels of computer self-efficacy, computer use and earnings in China
by Ng, Ying Chu
- 433-439 Logarithmic quasi-homothetic preferences
by Bertoletti, Paolo
- 440-445 Shock size, asymmetries, and state dependent pricing
by Ho, Wai-Yip Alex & Yetman, James
- 446-454 Spurious regressions between stationary generalized long memory processes
by Sun, Yixiao
February 2006, Volume 90, Issue 2
- 149-155 The Mortensen rule and efficient coordination unemployment
by Julien, Benoit & Kennes, John & King, Ian
- 156-162 Size matters for liquidity: Evidence from EMU sovereign yield spreads
by Gomez-Puig, Marta
- 163-169 On the order of integration of monthly US ex-ante and ex-post real interest rates: New evidence from over a century of data
by Karanasos, M. & Sekioua, S.H. & Zeng, N.
- 170-175 Estimation of a binary choice model with grouped choice data
by Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Rabotyagov, Sergey S.
- 176-182 Laplace transform methods for linearizing multidimensional systems
by Xiaoyong, Cui & Gong, Liutang
- 183-188 Testing to confirm that Leontief-Sraffa matrix equations for input/output must obey constancy of returns to scale
by Samuelson, Paul A. & Etula, Erkko M.
- 189-193 The effect of central bank independence on inflation in developing countries
by Brumm, Harold J.
- 194-199 Discrimination and growth: The distribution across skills matters
by Sedgley, Norman & Elmslie, Bruce
- 200-204 GARCH and irregularly spaced data
by Meddahi, Nour & Renault, Eric & Werker, Bas
- 205-212 Stock prices-inflation puzzle and the predictability of stock market returns
by Boucher, Christophe
- 213-218 Tinbergen and Theil meet Nash: Controllability in policy games
by Acocella, N. & Di Bartolomeo, G.
- 219-224 Do tax havens divert economic activity?
by Desai, Mihir A. & Foley, C. Fritz & Hines, James Jr.
- 225-229 Optimal environmental road pricing
by Johansson-Stenman, Olof
- 230-236 Does tax competition soften regional budget constraint?
by Breuille, Marie-Laure & Madies, Thierry & Taugourdeau, Emmanuelle
- 237-241 Advertising and bidding for television rights
by Pepall, Lynne M. & Richards, Daniel J.
- 242-248 A tale of two shares: The relationship between the "illegitimacy" ratio and the marriage share
by Gray, Jo Anna & Stockard, Jean & Stone, Joe
- 249-253 Government health spending and growth in a model of endogenous longevity
by Aisa, Rosa & Pueyo, Fernando
- 254-259 Comprehensive NNP, social welfare, and the rate of return
by Li, Chuan-Zhong & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf
- 260-265 On the aggregation of eurozone data
by Bosker, E.M.
- 266-271 Financing constraints and firm inventory investment: A reexamination
by Tsoukalas, John D.
- 272-277 On the speed of adjustment in ESTAR models when allowance is made for bias in estimation
by Paya, Ivan & Peel, David A.
- 278-284 Efficiency wages revisited: The internal reference perspective
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Kurmann, Andre
- 285-289 National minimum wages, capital mobility, and global economic growth
by Irmen, Andreas & Wigger, Berthold U.
- 290-295 The Forbes 400 and the Pareto wealth distribution
by Klass, Oren S. & Biham, Ofer & Levy, Moshe & Malcai, Ofer & Solomon, Sorin
January 2006, Volume 90, Issue 1
- 1-5 Uncovering regulator's (implicit) social welfare weights under price cap regulation
by Valentini, Edilio
- 6-11 Discontinuous extraction of a nonrenewable resource
by Im, Eric Iksoon & Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Roumasset, James
- 12-20 Corporate bond ratings changes and economic instability: Evidence from the Korean financial crisis
by Joo, Sang Lyong & Pruitt, Stephen W.
- 21-27 The contemporaneous interactions between the U.S., Japan, and Hong Kong stock markets
by Lee, Keun Yeong
- 28-33 Borderplex menu evidence for the law of one price
by Blanco-Gonzalez, Lorenzo & Fullerton, Thomas Jr.
- 34-41 The impulse response function of the long memory GARCH process
by Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos
- 42-50 Partial indexation, trend inflation, and the hybrid Phillips curve
by Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume
- 51-55 Do higher gasoline taxes save lives?
by Grabowski, David C. & Morrisey, Michael A.
- 56-59 Implementing the efficient allocation of a persistent pollutant in the presence of threshold effects
by Candel-Sanchez, Francisco
- 60-67 Religion and social preferences: An experimental study
by Tan, Jonathan H.W.
- 68-71 Heterogeneous distance-elasticities in trade gravity models
by Fratianni, Michele & Kang, Heejoon
- 72-76 Causality between economic growth and immigration: An ARDL bounds testing approach
by Morley, Bruce
- 77-83 Idle worship
by Choudhary, M. Ali & Levine, Paul
- 84-87 On the existence of symmetric mixed strategy equilibria
by Becker, Johannes Gerd & Damianov, Damian S.
- 88-95 Merge or fail? The determinants of mergers and bankruptcies in Switzerland, 1995-2000
by Buehler, Stefan & Kaiser, Christian & Jaeger, Franz
- 96-101 On the social efficiency of conflict
by Sanchez-Pages, Santiago
- 102-107 Analytical prediction of transition probabilities in the conditional logit model
by Bonin, Holger & Schneider, Hilmar
- 108-115 Implementing a surplus division rule
by Vartiainen, Hannu
- 116-121 The suboptimality of optimal punishments in Cournot supergames
by Colombo, Luca & Labrecciosa, Paola
- 122-125 Valuing lives equally: Distributional weights for welfare analysis
by Somanathan, E.
- 126-131 An alternative approach to estimation of structural vector error correction models with long-run restrictions
by Jang, Kyungho
- 132-140 Identification of supply models of retailer and manufacturer oligopoly pricing
by Villas-Boas, Sofia & Hellerstein, Rebecca
- 141-146 Non-concave dynamic programming
by Cotter, Kevin D. & Park, Jee-Hyeong
- 147-147 Erratum to "Sustainability revisited" [Econ. Lett. 87 (2005) 193-197]
by Klaus Hellwig
- 148-148 Erratum to "Start-up size: The role of external financing" [Economics Letters 88 (2005) 243-250]
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca
December 2005, Volume 89, Issue 3
- 255-261 Is the central bank's publication of economic forecasts influential?
by Fujiwara, Ippei
- 262-268 The performance of unit root tests under level-dependent heteroskedasticity
by Rodrigues, Paulo M.M. & Rubia, Antonio
- 269-274 Prices and demand: New evidence from micro data
by Slesnick, Daniel T.
- 275-282 Reallocating labor to initiate changes in capital structures: Hayek revisited
by Young, Andrew T.
- 283-286 Offensive performance, omitted variables, and the value of speed in baseball
by Turocy, Theodore L.
- 287-293 Detrending time-aggregated data
by Aadland, David
- 294-299 Robust control: A note on the response of the control to changes in the "free" parameter
by Gonzalez, Fidel & Rodriguez, Arnulfo
- 300-305 Why does consumption fall at retirement? Evidence from Germany
by Schwerdt, Guido
- 306-311 Painting the tape: Aggregate evidence
by Bernhardt, Dan & Davies, Ryan J.
- 312-316 On aggregation bias in fixed-event forecast efficiency tests
by Isiklar, Gultekin
- 317-322 'Twas four weeks before Christmas: Retail sales and the length of the Christmas shopping season
by Basker, Emek
- 323-327 Infinitely repeated games of reciprocal players
by Breitmoser, Yves
- 328-332 Participation fees vs. reserve prices in auctions with asymmetric or colluding buyers
by Kirkegaard, Rene
- 333-342 Asymptotic properties of the Hahn-Hausman test for weak-instruments
by Hausman, Jerry & Stock, James H. & Yogo, Motohiro
- 343-349 Is free trade deflationary?
by Kim, MinKyoung & Beladi, Hamid
November 2005, Volume 89, Issue 2
- 141-146 Price index dispersion and utilitarian social evaluation
by Muller, Christophe
- 147-152 Using cheap talk as a test of validity in choice experiments
by Carlsson, Fredrik & Frykblom, Peter & Johan Lagerkvist, Carl
- 153-156 Semi-nonparametric estimation with Bernstein polynomials
by Chak, Pok Man & Madras, Neal & Smith, Barry
- 157-166 The dynamic factor demand model revisited: The identification problem remains
by Skjerpen, Terje
- 167-173 Imperfect competition and reputational commitment
by Bar-Isaac, Heski
- 174-179 Coalition-proofness and dominance relations
by Shinohara, Ryusuke
- 180-186 Re-examining inflation and inflation uncertainty in developed and emerging countries
by Daal, Elton & Naka, Atsuyuki & Sanchez, Benito
- 187-192 Efficient (re-)scheduling: An auction approach
by Pettersen Strandenes, Siri & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 193-199 Testing for causality in variance in the presence of breaks
by van Dijk, Dick & Osborn, Denise R. & Sensier, Marianne
- 200-206 Smooth pasting as rate of return equalization
by Shackleton, Mark B. & Sodal, Sigbjorn
- 207-211 Some implications of the unofficial economy-bureaucratic corruption relationship in transition countries
by Cule, Monika & Fulton, Murray
- 212-215 [beta] and [sigma]-convergence: A mathematical relation of causality
by Furceri, Davide
- 216-221 A unified framework for pro-poor growth analysis
by Essama-Nssah, B.
- 222-226 Returns to sentiment investors in IPOs
by Leite, Tore
- 227-232 Precedent transfer in coordination games: An experiment
by Devetag, Giovanna
- 233-239 A threshold cointegration analysis of asymmetric price transmission from crude oil to gasoline prices
by Chen, Li-Hsueh & Finney, Miles & Lai, Kon S.