2004, Volume 85, Issue 1
- 9-16 A note on timeless perspective policy design
by Blake, Andrew P. & Kirsanova, Tatiana
- 17-22 Another look at the income elasticity of non-point source air pollutants: a semiparametric approach
by Roy, Nilanjana & Cornelis van Kooten, G.
- 23-27 Currency unions and the real exchange rate
by Ca' Zorzi, Michele & De Santis, Roberto A.
- 29-34 A welfare decomposition in quasi-linear economies
by Furusawa, Taiji & Konishi, Hideo
- 35-42 Regional spillovers, economic growth, and the effects of economic integration
by Holod, Dmytro & Reed, Robert III
- 43-46 Risk aversion in first price auctions with common values
by Menicucci, Domenico
- 47-51 The stability of conventions: random and lattice matching networks compared
by Cartwright, Edward
- 53-56 Experience and growth
by Cook, David
- 57-61 Social insurance and the design of innovation incentives
by Lakdawalla, Darius & Sood, Neeraj
- 63-69 A note on modelling core inflation for the UK using a new dynamic factor estimation method and a large disaggregated price index dataset
by Kapetanios, George
- 71-76 Optimal human investment allocation
by Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo
- 77-83 Market structure and market definition: the case of small market banks and thrifts
by Cohen, Andrew
- 85-91 Exponential specifications and measurement error
by Schennach, Susanne M.
- 93-101 The effect of democracy and press freedom on corruption: an empirical test
by Chowdhury, Shyamal K.
- 103-110 Independent monetary policies and social equity
by Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Weymark, Diana N.
- 111-116 The magnification effect of trade on wages with endogenous technology
by Nahuis, Richard
- 117-121 Inflation volatility, government debts, and the fiscal theory of the price level
by Kim, Soyoung
- 123-127 Synchronization due to common shocks? Evidence from German grocery prices
by Loy, Jens-Peter & Weiss, Christoph R.
- 129-132 Generalized sample selection bias correction under RUM
by Barrios, Javier A.
- 133-137 Tests for the consistency of three-level nested logit models with utility maximization
by Gil-Molto, Maria Jose & Hole, Arne Risa
- 139-144 Upward bias in the consumer price index under the zero-inflation economy
by Unayama, Takashi
2004, Volume 84, Issue 3
- 297-303 Integrability of the linear approximate almost ideal demand system
by LaFrance, Jeffrey T.
- 305-309 Does central bank independence lower inflation?
by Ismihan, Mustafa & Gulcin Ozkan, F.
- 311-314 Matching with multiple applications revisited
by Albrecht, James & Tan, Serene & Gautier, Pieter & Vroman, Susan
- 315-322 Preferences, endogenous discount rate, and indeterminacy in a small open economy model
by Bian, Yong & Meng, Qinglai
- 323-327 On unit root tests in the presence of transitional growth
by Lucke, Bernd & Lutkepohl, Helmut
- 329-334 Additive decomposition of profit efficiency
by Chambers, Robert G. & Fare, Rolf
- 335-340 Pseudo maximum likelihood estimation of structural models involving fixed-point problems
by Aguirregabiria, Victor
- 341-347 A spectral analysis of the cross-country consumption correlation puzzle
by Pakko, Michael R.
- 349-355 Income inequality and growth--does the relationship vary with the income level?
by Bleaney, Michael & Nishiyama, Akira
- 357-361 Vertical tax externalities and the composition of public spending in a federation
by Wigger, Berthold U. & Wartha, Udo
- 363-369 Pollution as a source of endogenous fluctuations and periodic welfare inequality in OLG economies
by Seegmuller, Thomas & Verchere, Alban
- 371-376 Do state owned banks promote growth? Cross-country evidence for manufacturing industries
by Galindo, Arturo & Micco, Alejandro
- 377-381 The effectiveness of Japanese foreign exchange interventions during 1991-2001
by Nagayasu, Jun
- 383-390 Layoff costs, tenure, and the labor market
by Cavalcanti, Tiago V. de V.
- 391-398 Tests of transformation in nonlinear regression
by Yang, Zhenlin & Chen, Gemai
- 399-405 Sequential decision and strategy vector methods in ultimatum bargaining: evidence on the strength of other-regarding behavior
by Oxoby, Robert J. & McLeish, Kendra N.
- 407-411 Equilibria in sequential bargaining games as solutions to systems of equations
by Kalandrakis, Tasos
- 413-417 Hysteresis vs. natural rate of unemployment: new evidence for OECD countries
by Camarero, Mariam & Tamarit, Cecilio
- 419-425 The probability weighting function: experimental evidence from Uganda, India and Ethiopia
by Humphrey, Steven J. & Verschoor, Arjan
- 427-432 Present value criterion: the case of differing borrowing and lending rates
by Liu, Liqun & Rettenmaier, Andrew J. & Saving, Thomas R.
- 433-439 Recursive mean adjustment for panel unit root tests
by Shin, Dong Wan & Kang, Seungho & Oh, Man-Suk
2004, Volume 84, Issue 2
- 149-154 Nonlinear predictability of short-run deviations in UK stock market returns
by McMillan, David G.
- 155-161 Uneven spacing in free-entry equilibrium for spatial product differentiation
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 163-166 Bertrand competition and Cournot outcomes: a correction
by Boccard, Nicolas & Wauthy, Xavier
- 167-173 Strict stationarity and mixing properties of asymmetric power GARCH models allowing a signed volatility
by Lee, O. & Shin, D. W.
- 175-182 Non-existence of market-clearing wages when the output market is imperfectly competitive
by Kaas, Leo & Madden, Paul
- 183-189 The power of love
by Thibault, Emmanuel
- 191-197 Propagation through endogenous investment-specific technological change
by Huffman, Gregory W.
- 199-204 The welfare cost of inflation in Canada and the United States
by Serletis, Apostolos & Yavari, Kazem
- 205-210 Have the constraints on PPP relaxed over time? Some evidence from Japan
by Yabu, Tomoyoshi
- 211-215 Demographic structure and stock prices
by Jamal, A. M. M. & Quayes, Shakil
- 217-223 Red signals: current account deficits and sustainability
by Raybaudi, Marzia & Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio
- 225-230 Different firm size effects on wages for supervisors and workers
by Meagher, Kieron J. & Wilson, Hugh
- 231-235 On the optimal use of ex ante regulation and ex post liability
by Hiriart, Yolande & Martimort, David & Pouyet, Jerome
- 237-244 Electoral rules and environmental policy
by Fredriksson, Per G. & Millimet, Daniel L.
- 245-254 Inference when a nuisance parameter is weakly identified under the null hypothesis
by Anatolyev, Stanislav
- 255-259 Group support and top-heavy rules
by Fey, Mark
- 261-265 Choosing not to choose: on the link between information and abstention
by Coupe, Tom & Noury, Abdul G.
- 267-274 Lag optimisation and finite-sample size distortion of unit root tests
by Cook, Steven & Manning, Neil
- 275-279 On Forchheimer's model of dominant firm price leadership
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 281-287 Does a common currency lead to (more) price equalization? The role of psychological pricing points
by Friberg, Richard & Matha, Thomas Y.
- 289-296 A flexible nonlinear inference to the Kuznets hypothesis
by Huang, Ho-Chuan River
2004, Volume 84, Issue 1
- 1-8 Curriculum mandates and skills in adulthood: the case of foreign languages
by Saiz, Albert & Zoido, Elena
- 9-15 Interest rate bounds and fiscal policy
by Chadha, Jagjit S. & Nolan, Charles
- 17-20 Using bidder asymmetry to increase seller revenue
by Povel, Paul & Singh, Rajdeep
- 21-28 Financial risk perception: Are individuals variance averse or loss averse?
by Duxbury, Darren & Summers, Barbara
- 29-34 The export skill content, learning by exporting and economic growth
by An, Galina & Iyigun, Murat F.
- 35-41 Robust tests for unit roots in heterogeneous panels
by Oh, Yu Jin & So, Beong Soo
- 43-47 Tax neutrality under irreversibility and risk aversion
by Niemann, Rainer & Sureth, Caren
- 49-54 The scaling function-based estimator of long memory in the presence of a short-term component
by Fillol, Jerome & Tripier, Fabien
- 55-60 On the relationship between determinate and MSV solutions in linear RE models
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 61-68 Disparate information and the probability of currency crises: empirical evidence
by Tillmann, Peter
- 69-73 Lenders' reputation and the soft budget constraint
by Alexeev, Michael & Kim, Sunghwan
- 75-80 Univariate time series behaviour of the real exchange rate: evidence from colonial India
by Hasan, Mohammad S.
- 81-85 Controlling spurious drift
by Bewley, Ronald & Haddock, Joanna
- 87-92 Estimating a random-coefficients sample-selection model using generalized maximum entropy
by Peeters, Ludo M. K.
- 93-97 Verdicts and the value of the firm in Japan
by Takaoka, Sumiko
- 99-105 The kinked demand curve revisited
by Sen, Debapriya
- 107-115 On tests for changes in persistence
by Leybourne, Stephen & Taylor, A. M. Robert
- 117-125 Asymptotic distribution of misspecified random effects estimator for a dynamic panel model with fixed effects when both n and T are large
by Hahn, Jinyong & Kuersteiner, Guido & Cho, Myeong Hyeon
- 127-132 Impact of systematic sampling on causality in the presence of unit roots
by Rajaguru, Gulasekaran
- 133-140 Multilateral trade and investment liberalization: effects on welfare and GDP per capita convergence
by Egger, Peter & Larch, Mario & Pfaffermayr, Michael
- 141-147 Implementing the efficient auction: initial results from the lab
by Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason F.
2004, Volume 83, Issue 3
- 277-284 Information revelation and efficiency in auctions
by Mikoucheva, Anna & Sonin, Konstantin
- 285-292 The multiplier effect of globalization
by Damania, Richard & Fredriksson, Per G. & List, John A.
- 293-298 The distance puzzle: on the interpretation of the distance coefficient in gravity equations
by Buch, Claudia M. & Kleinert, Jorn & Toubal, Farid
- 299-306 Bayesian evidence on the structure of unemployment
by Summers, Peter M.
- 307-312 On the validity of the Jarque-Bera normality test in conditionally heteroskedastic dynamic regression models
by Fiorentini, Gabriele & Sentana, Enrique & Calzolari, Giorgio
- 313-316 Are Asian real exchange rates stationary?
by Liew, Venus Khim-sen & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Chong, Terence Tai-leung
- 317-324 Exports, international investment, and plant performance: evidence from a non-parametric test
by Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric
- 325-333 Yardstick competition in intergovernmental relationships: theory and empirical predictions
by Bordignon, Massimo & Cerniglia, Floriana & Revelli, Federico
- 335-341 Efficiency concerns and incentive provision--an experimental study
by Morgenstern, Albrecht
- 343-346 A note on low-price menu auctions
by Rapisarda, G.
- 347-353 Mobility and tax competition when wages are endogenously determined
by Lee, Woojin
- 355-358 Uncertainty of time intervals and possibility of collusion in infinitely repeated games
by Kawamori, Tomohiko
- 359-364 A Wald-type test of quadratic parametric restrictions
by Lu, Zeng-Hua & King, Maxwell L.
- 365-370 The optimal level of international reserves: evidence for India
by Ramachandran, M.
- 371-376 Saving-investment correlations in developing countries
by Kasuga, Hidefumi
- 377-381 Tax evasion, tax competition and gains from nondiscrimination with equilibrium mixed strategies
by Wang, Xuejun
- 383-389 What makes cheap talk effective? Experimental evidence
by Charness, Gary & Grosskopf, Brit
- 391-398 What's wrong with forced wage compression? The fair wage hypothesis redux
by Alexopoulos, Michelle & Cohen, Jon
- 399-403 Trade effects of scale economies: evidence from four EU countries
by Peridy, Nicolas
- 405-409 Price distribution in a random matching model
by Kultti, Klaus & Virrankoski, Juha
- 411-416 Mixed oligopoly, subsidization and the order of firm's moves: the relevance of privatization
by Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S.
- 417-421 Is there a stock market wealth effect in emerging markets?
by Funke, Norbert
2004, Volume 83, Issue 2
- 147-148 Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly: a forgotten equilibrium
by Jacques, Armel
- 149-155 Assessing the stability of the inter-industry wage structure in the face of radical economic reforms
by Arbache, Jorge Saba & Dickerson, Andy & Green, Francis
- 157-163 Industry wage premia: evidence from the wage distribution
by Martins, Pedro S.
- 165-171 Selling less information for more: garbling with benefits
by Weber, Thomas A. & Croson, David C.
- 173-178 Market transparency and product differentiation
by Schultz, Christian
- 179-184 Convergence clubs among Brazilian municipalities
by Andrade, Eduardo & Laurini, Marcio & Madalozzo, Regina & Valls Pereira, Pedro L.
- 185-191 Inflation, output growth, volatility and causality: evidence from panel data and the G7 countries
by Apergis, Nicholas
- 193-197 On the asymptotic distribution of the residual autocovariance matrices in the autoregressive conditional multinomial model
by Duchesne, Pierre
- 199-204 Pareto gains from trade: a dynamic counterexample
by Willmann, Gerald
- 205-210 Fiscal policy, labor market structure and macroeconomic performance
by Fracasso, Andrea & Ozkan, F. Gulcin
- 211-217 On the determinants of core labour standards: the case of developing countries
by Busse, Matthias
- 219-224 On the existence of expected utility with CRRA under STUR
by Yoon, Gawon
- 225-231 Spectral analysis of fractionally cointegrated systems
by Nielsen, Morten Orregaard
- 233-237 Lotto fever: do lottery players act rationally around large jackpots?
by Matheson, Victor A. & Grote, Kent R.
- 239-244 Bertrand competition with incomplete share for lower price
by Huang, Tao
- 245-249 On the measurement of relative demand shifts for educated labour
by Hougaard Jensen, Svend E. & Sorensen, Anders
- 251-256 Optimal pricing for selling a congestible good with countervailing incentives
by Jebsi, Khaireddine & Thomas, Lionel
- 257-262 Spurious regressions with stationary processes around linear trends
by Kim, Tae-Hwan & Lee, Young-Sook & Newbold, Paul
- 263-268 Virtual repeated implementation
by Chambers, Christopher P.
- 269-275 Selecting the order of an ARCH model
by Hughes, Anthony W. & King, Maxwell L. & Kwek, Kian Teng
2004, Volume 83, Issue 1
- 1-6 Political business cycles and inflation stabilization
by Castro, Vitor & Veiga, Francisco Jose
- 7-13 The price of inconvertible deposits: the stock market boom during the Argentine crisis
by Yeyati, Eduardo Levy & Schmukler, Sergio L. & Van Horen, Neeltje
- 15-21 Capacity constraints, idiosyncratic demand uncertainty and the dynamics of inflation
by Alvarez-Lois, Pedro P.
- 23-28 Conditional correlated jump dynamics in foreign exchange
by Chan, Wing H.
- 29-35 Testing production functions used in empirical growth studies
by Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Issler, Joao Victor & de Abreu Pessoa, Samuel
- 37-42 Incentives? The effect of profit sharing plans offered by previous employers on current wages
by Parent, Daniel
- 43-47 Public good provision in legislatures: the dynamics of enlargements
by Koppel, Oliver
- 49-54 Optimal commodity grouping in a partial equilibrium framework
by Belan, Pascal & Gauthier, Stephane
- 55-60 Incidence of federal and state gasoline taxes
by Chouinard, Hayley & Perloff, Jeffrey M.
- 61-68 Optimal asymmetric kernels
by Abadir, Karim M. & Lawford, Steve
- 69-76 Testing for contemporaneous correlation of disturbances in seemingly unrelated regressions with serial dependence
by Tsay, Wen-Jen
- 77-82 Decentralisation and the perceived quality of institutions
by Andrianova, Svetlana
- 83-88 Optimal indexation and the cyclical behavior of prices
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 89-97 Does the option to cancel an order in a double auction market matter?
by Crowley, Steve & Sade, Orly
- 99-105 Comparative forecasting performance of symmetric and asymmetric conditional volatility models of an exchange rate
by Balaban, Ercan
- 107-113 Nonlinear pricing and type-dependent network effects
by Sundararajan, Arun
- 115-121 The administrative productivity of U.S. franchisors: an empirical investigation
by Barthelemy, Jerome
- 123-127 On the relationship between growth and volatility
by Blackburn, Keith & Pelloni, Alessandra
- 129-135 Rectangular regression for an errors-in-variables model
by Ryu, Hang Keun
- 137-140 An experimental study of house allocation mechanisms
by Chen, Yan & Sonmez, Tayfun
- 141-146 The degree of openness and the cost of fixing exchange rate
by Adrian, Tobias & Gros, Daniel
2004, Volume 82, Issue 3
- 301-306 First-best debt relief
by Menzies, Gordon Douglas
- 307-314 A note on pro-poor growth
by Son, Hyun Hwa
- 315-320 International student flows and R&D spillovers
by Park, Jungsoo
- 321-326 Holdup and licensing of cumulative innovations with private information
by Bessen, James
- 327-331 Education and urban household location
by Sander, William
- 333-339 Entrepreneurship and the deregulation of banking
by Wall, Howard J.
- 341-347 The information matrix test with bootstrap-based covariance matrix estimation
by Dhaene, Geert & Hoorelbeke, Dirk
- 349-356 Seasonal cointegration for monthly data
by Darne, Olivier
- 357-361 When zero interest rate differentials signal a lack of currency peg credibility
by Miller, Victoria
- 363-369 Inflation and relative price variability: short-run vs. long-run
by Nath, Hiranya K.
- 371-376 A dynamic model of production and traffic of drugs
by Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo & Moreira, Tito Belchior S.
- 377-384 Innovation indicators and corporate credit ratings: evidence from German firms
by Czarnitzki, Dirk & Kraft, Kornelius
- 385-390 Investment, credit rationing, and the soft budget constraint: what would a well-functioning credit market look like?
by Hanousek, Jan & Filer, Randall K.
- 391-396 Supply-side refinements and the New Keynesian Phillips Curve
by Matheron, Julien & Maury, Tristan-Pierre
- 397-402 Recall bias among displaced workers
by Oyer, Paul
- 403-408 Testing stationarity under a permanent variance shift
by Cavaliere, Giuseppe
- 409-414 Revenue-constrained strategic trade and industrial policy
by Neary, J. Peter & Leahy, Dermot
- 415-422 Choosing among alternative cost function specifications: an application to Italian multi-utilities
by Piacenza, Massimiliano & Vannoni, Davide
2004, Volume 82, Issue 2
- 147-155 An alternative conditioning scheme to explain efficiency differentials in banking
by Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 157-165 Empirical characteristics of the permanent and transitory components of stock return: analysis in a Markov switching heteroscedasticity framework
by Bhar, Ramaprasad & Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 167-172 Financial predictors of real activity and the financial accelerator
by Mody, Ashoka & Taylor, Mark P.
- 173-179 Can fiscal spending stimulate private consumption?
by Linnemann, Ludger & Schabert, Andreas
- 181-188 Exchange rate regimes and the price of exchange rate risk
by Priestley, Richard & Odegaard, Bernt Arne
- 189-194 Detecting errors in the Current Population Survey: a matching approach
by Feng, Shuaizhang
- 195-203 Exchange rate policies and endogenous time preference: a dynamic analysis of a small open economy
by Mohsin, Mohammed
- 205-211 Default on sustainable public debt: illiquidity suspect convicted
by Besancenot, Damien & Huynh, Kim & Vranceanu, Radu
- 213-219 Does trade creation measure up? A reexamination of the effects of regional trading arrangements
by Ghosh, Sucharita & Yamarik, Steven
- 221-226 Purchasing sleeping patents to curtail budget padding
by Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian
- 227-230 Fiscal decentralization, central bank independence and inflation: a panel investigation
by Neyapti, Bilin
- 231-237 Supply shocks and employment in an open economy
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 239-243 Searching for threshold effects in the evolution of budget deficits: an application to the Spanish case
by Bajo-Rubio, Oscar & Diaz-Roldan, Carmen & Esteve, Vicente
- 245-248 Social choice rules with vetoers
by Campbell, Donald E. & Kelly, Jerry S.
- 249-252 Factor content, size, and export propensity at the firm level
by Vermeulen, Philip
- 253-258 Types of balanced growth
by Christiaans, Thomas
- 259-267 The mother of all puzzles would not go away
by Sinha, Tapen & Sinha, Dipendra
- 269-274 Mergers and the importance of fitting well
by Pilar Socorro, M.
- 275-280 Decomposing differences in the first moment
by Yun, Myeong-Su
- 281-287 Controlling the finite sample significance levels of heteroskedasticity-robust tests of several linear restrictions on regression coefficients
by Godfrey, Leslie G. & Orme, Chris D.
- 289-294 Revisiting the seniority wage effect for faculty
by Barbezat, Debra A.
- 295-299 Long term trends in earnings inequality: what the CPS can tell us
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Butler, J. S. & Feng, Shuaizhang & Houtenville, Andrew J.
2004, Volume 82, Issue 1
- 1-7 First-order serial correlation in seemingly unrelated regressions
by Koebel, Bertrand M.
- 9-14 A theoretical rationale for an inelastic demand for health care
by Koc, Cagatay
- 15-19 On the equivalence of two normalizations in estimating shadow cost functions
by Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Karagiannis, Giannis
- 21-27 Open loop time consistency for linear rational expectations models
by Blake, Andrew P.
- 29-34 Proper prudence, standard prudence and precautionary vulnerability
by Lajeri-Chaherli, Fatma
- 35-42 Tax evasion, tax progression, and efficiency wages
by Goerke, Laszlo
- 43-51 Computer use and wages: evidence from Taiwan
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Hammitt, James K.
- 53-61 Risk and the distribution of human capital
by Checchi, Daniele & Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia
- 63-69 The power of residual-based tests for cointegration when residuals are fractionally integrated
by Kramer, Walter & Marmol, Francesc
- 71-75 Industry mobility and geographic concentration in the European union
by Barrios, Salvador & Strobl, Eric
- 77-82 Delegated expertise--when are good projects bad news?
by Feess, Eberhard & Walzl, Markus
- 83-89 Revenue implications of trade liberalization under imperfect competition
by Mujumdar, Sudesh
- 91-97 R&D expenditure in G7 countries and the implications for endogenous fluctuations and growth
by Walde, Klaus & Woitek, Ulrich