June 2008, Volume 99, Issue 3
- 595-598 Valuating payoff streams under unequal discount factors
by Salonen, Hannu & Vartiainen, Hannu
- 599-603 Organizing multiple related tasks into jobs: Diversification vs. competition
by Baranchuk, Nina
- 604-606 Economic status and the Indigenous/non-Indigenous health gap
by Booth, Alison L. & Carroll, Nick
- 607-610 Evaluating the information matrix in linearized DSGE models
by Iskrev, Nikolay
- 611-614 Imperfect commitment and the revelation principle: The multi-agent case with transferable utility
by Evans, Robert & Reiche, Sönje
May 2008, Volume 99, Issue 2
- 215-219 Cross-national trends in earnings inequality and instability
by Daly, Mary C. & Valletta, Robert G.
- 220-222 The Nash product is a utility representation of the Pareto ordering
by Trockel, W.
- 223-227 Seemingly unrelated nonparametric models with positive correlation and constrained error variances
by Xu, Qinfeng & You, Jinhong & Zhou, Bin
- 228-232 De Facto exchange rate arrangement tightness and bilateral trade flows
by Egger, Peter
- 233-237 Equilibrium in a dynamic game of capital accumulation with the overtaking criterion
by Nowak, Andrzej S.
- 238-241 Interim bribery in auctions
by Koc, Sevket Alper & Neilson, William S.
- 242-245 Characterization of the support of the mixed strategy price equilibria in oligopolies with heterogeneous consumers
by Sinitsyn, Maxim
- 246-248 Asymmetric punishments for group deviations in the infinitely repeated Cournot model
by Aramendia, Miguel
- 249-251 Commitment with renegotiable debt contracts and verifiable cash flow
by Usman, Murat
- 252-255 GMM with more moment conditions than observations
by Satchachai, Panutat & Schmidt, Peter
- 256-259 Calibration of normalised CES production functions in dynamic models
by Klump, Rainer & Saam, Marianne
- 260-264 Monetary tightening cycles and the predictability of economic activity
by Adrian, Tobias & Estrella, Arturo
- 265-267 Equity, envy and efficiency under asymmetric information
by de Clippel, Geoffroy
- 268-271 How risky should an R&D program be?
by Tishler, Asher
- 272-274 Lower borrowing costs with inflation-indexed bonds: A trading rule based assessment
by Reschreiter, Andreas
- 275-277 Supply constraints and housing prices
by Aura, Saku & Davidoff, Thomas
- 278-281 A dynamic auction for differentiated items under price rigidities
by Talman, Dolf & Yang, Zaifu
- 282-285 Employment discrimination in Northern Ireland and the Good Friday Agreement
by Blackaby, D.H. & Murphy, P.D. & O'Leary, N.C.
- 286-289 Industrial fatigue Redux
by Nocetti, Diego
- 290-292 Baumol-Tobin and the welfare costs of national security border delays
by Huang, Hui & Whalley, John
- 293-297 Interior optima and the Inada conditions
by Aliprantis, C.D. & Camera, G. & Ruscitti, F.
- 298-300 Nash implementability of the plurality rule over restricted domains
by Sanver, M. Remzi
- 301-303 Intertemporal price competition with exogenous demand shocks
by Leufkens, Kasper & Peeters, Ronald
- 304-306 The convergence of fictitious play in games with strategic complementarities
by Hahn, Sunku
- 307-309 Teacher quality and earnings
by Sander, William
- 310-313 On the counter-cyclicality of prices and markups in a Cournot model of entry
by Plehn-Dujowich, Jose M.
- 314-316 Testing seasonal mean-reversion in the real exchange rates: An application of nonlinear IV estimator
by Ho, Tsung-wu
- 317-319 A climate agreement with full participation
by Froyn, Camilla Bretteville & Hovi, Jon
- 320-323 Employment targeting
by Bénassy, Jean-Pascal
- 324-327 The overall effect of volatility on investment
by Shih, Pai-Ta & Hung, Weifeng
- 328-331 Productivity spillovers through vertical linkages: Evidence from 17 OECD countries
by Bitzer, Jürgen & Geishecker, Ingo & Görg, Holger
- 332-336 Math skills and risk attitudes
by Brañas-Garza, Pablo & Guillen, Pablo & del Paso, Rafael López
- 337-339 A note on the utility function under prospect theory
by al-Nowaihi, Ali & Bradley, Ian & Dhami, Sanjit
- 340-344 Modeling pairwise convergence: A Bayesian approach with an application to Greek inflation
by Arakelian, Veni & Moschos, Demetrios
- 345-348 Maximal loss from collusion in IPV symmetric auctions
by Pavlov, Gregory
- 349-352 International capital mobility: Evidence from panel cointegration tests
by Adedeji, Olumuyiwa & Thornton, John
- 353-356 The taste for leisure, career choice, and the returns to education
by Chen, M. Keith & Chevalier, Judith A.
- 357-359 On the full dimensionality assumption for the discounted Folk Theorem
by Carmona, Guilherme
- 360-363 Revenue maximizing auctions with market interaction and signaling
by Molnár, József & Virág, Gábor
- 364-366 Efficiency properties of non-linear pricing schedules without the single-crossing condition
by Andersson, Tommy
- 367-370 Indescribability and asymmetric information at the contracting stage
by Kunimoto, Takashi
- 371-374 Investigating the intertemporal risk-return relation in international stock markets with the component GARCH model
by Guo, Hui & Neely, Christopher J.
- 375-378 Specification testing under moment inequalities
by Guggenberger, Patrik & Hahn, Jinyong & Kim, Kyooil
- 379-383 Forecasting the ECB's main refinancing rate. A field experiment
by Berlemann, Michael
- 384-386 Sustainable collusion on separate markets
by Belleflamme, Paul & Bloch, Francis
- 387-389 Parametric variability in cross-country growth regressions: An application of quantile-regression methodology
by Ram, Rati
- 390-392 Long memory with Markov-Switching GARCH
by Krämer, Walter
- 393-397 Asymptotic bias of GMM and GEL under possible nonstationary spatial dependence
by Iglesias, Emma M. & Phillips, Garry D.A.
- 398-401 Age-specific job flows and worker flows using a national dataset
by Tsou, Meng-Wen & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 402-404 Money on the table: Some evidence on the role of liquidity constraints in 401(k) saving
by Engelhardt, Gary V. & Kumar, Anil
- 405-409 Intergenerational talent transmission, inequality, and social mobility
by Napel, Stefan & Schneider, Andrea
- 410-413 Who chooses to inflation target?
by Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Carvalho, Alexandre
- 414-417 Untangling supply and demand in occupational choice
by Brown, Sarah & Fry, Tim R.L. & Harris, Mark N.
- 418-420 The perverse response of interest rates
by Boinet, Virginie & Martin, Christopher
April 2008, Volume 99, Issue 1
- 2-9 Risk aversion, mandatory disclosure and the concealment of information
by Huang, Hui
- 10-13 Equilibrium, convergence, and capital mobility in neoclassical models of growth
by Birchenall, Javier A.
- 14-17 Comparisons of poverty across periods: Significance of distributional effects of prices
by Lyssiotou, Panayiota
- 18-22 Monetary policy and monetary asset substitution
by Jones, Barry E. & Fleissig, Adrian R. & Elger, Thomas & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 23-26 Job satisfaction and the gender composition of jobs
by Usui, Emiko
- 27-29 Does political proximity to the U.S. cause terror?
by Dreher, Axel & Gassebner, Martin
- 30-32 A robust modification of the Jarque-Bera test of normality
by Gel, Yulia R. & Gastwirth, Joseph L.
- 33-35 Expectations and chaotic dynamics: Empirical evidence on exchange rates
by Resende, Marcelo & Zeidan, Rodrigo M.
- 36-39 Majority rule or delegation? A normal noise case
by Kitahara, Minoru & Sekiguchi, Yohei
- 40-43 The black market exchange rate vs. the official rate in testing PPP: Which rate fosters the adjustment process?
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Tankui, Altin
- 44-47 Can rejections of weak separability be attributed to random measurement errors in the data?
by Elger, Thomas & Jones, Barry E.
- 48-50 Forecasting with the yield curve; level, slope, and output 1875-1997
by Bordo, Michael D. & Haubrich, Joseph G.
- 51-54 Maximum likelihood estimation of singular systems of equations
by Lai, Hung-pin
- 55-58 Layoffs and lemons over the business cycle
by Nakamura, Emi
- 59-62 Is it protestant tradition or current protestant population that affects corruption?
by Gokcekus, Omer
- 63-66 The fixed effects negative binomial model revisited
by Guimarães, Paulo
- 67-71 Age dynamics and economic growth: Revisiting the nexus in a nonparametric setting
by Azomahou, Théophile & Mishra, Tapas
- 72-74 Income, working hours, and happiness
by Pouwels, Babette & Siegers, Jacques & Vlasblom, Jan Dirk
- 75-78 External market condition and tournaments: Theory and evidence
by Lin, Ming-Jen
- 79-84 The power of asking in volunteering: Evidence from a matched sample
by Yörük, BarIs K.
- 85-88 Explaining the single factor bias of arbitrage pricing models in finite samples
by Harding, Matthew C.
- 89-92 Improved HAC covariance matrix estimation based on forecast errors
by Kuan, Chung-Ming & Hsieh, Yu-Wei
- 93-97 Barriers to exit
by Chong, Alberto & León, Gianmarco
- 98-102 Ethnic and religious diversity and corruption
by Dincer, Oguzhan C.
- 103-106 Cointegration, variance shifts and the limiting distribution of the OLS estimator
by Kourogenis, Nikolaos & Pittis, Nikitas
- 107-110 Semiparametric estimation of a nonstationary panel data transformation model under symmetry
by Zhou, Yahong
- 111-114 A study on the relationship between economic inequality and mobility
by Rodriguez, Juan Prieto & Rodriguez, Juan Gabriel & Salas, Rafael
- 115-118 Unemployment insurance, unemployment durations and re-employment wages
by McCall, Brian & Chi, Wei
- 119-122 Incomplete contracts, the hold-up problem, and asymmetric information
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 123-126 Can immigrant employment alleviate the demographic burden? The role of union centralization
by Kemnitz, Alexander
- 127-130 Malthus revisited: Fertility decision making based on quasi-linear preferences
by Weisdorf, Jacob L.
- 131-133 Short-selling and the WTA-WTP gap
by Shahrabani, Shosh & Shavit, Tal & Benzion, Uri
- 134-138 Systematic small sample bias in two regime SETAR model estimation
by Norman, Stephen
- 139-143 Outward FDI and domestic investment in two industrialized countries
by Herzer, Dierk & Schrooten, Mechthild
- 144-146 Analysis of employment protection laws and unemployment benefits
by Chung, Yoon-Kyung & Jeong, Jinook
- 147-151 On decentralization and life satisfaction
by Bjørnskov, Christian & Drehe, Axel & Fischer, Justina A.V.
- 152-154 Power comparison among tests for fractional unit roots
by Lobato, Ignacio N. & Velasco, Carlos
- 155-158 The comovement in inventories and in sales: Higher and higher
by Herrera, Ana Maria & Murtazashvili, Irina & Pesavento, Elena
- 159-163 Retail sweep programs and monetary asset substitution
by Jones, Barry E. & Fleissig, Adrian R. & Elger, Thomas & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 164-167 A gravity model of immigration
by Lewer, Joshua J. & Van den Berg, Hendrik
- 168-171 Price deflators and the estimation of the production function
by Ornaghi, Carmine
- 172-176 New exact ML estimation and inference for a Gaussian MA(1) process
by Vougas, Dimitrios V.
- 177-180 Welfare effects of life annuities: Some clarifications
by Fehr, Hans & Habermann, Christian
- 181-184 Are levels effects important in out-of-sample performance of short rate models?
by Suardi, Sandy
- 185-188 Testing for stochastic explosive root bubbles in Asian emerging stock markets
by Chan, Hing Lin & Woo, Kai-Yin
- 189-191 Asset sales and debt-equity swap under asymmetric information
by Banerji, Sanjay
- 192-196 Testing heterogeneity within the euro area
by Jondeau, Eric & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume
- 197-199 Gender differences in deception
by Dreber, Anna & Johannesson, Magnus
- 200-203 The quality of industrial relations and unemployment around the world
by Feldmann, Horst
- 204-205 An empirical examination of the inventory-theoretic model of precautionary money demand
by Tin, Jan
- 206-208 Costly price discrimination
by Leeson, Peter T. & Sobel, Russell S.
- 209-211 The benefit of efficiency improvement on growth and convergence: A study using Japan panel data
by Yamamura, Eiji & Shin, Inyong
- 212-212 Erratum to "Sunspot fluctuations under zero nominal interest rates" [Economics Letters 97 (2007) 39-45]
by Hirose, Yasuo
- 213-213 Erratum to "A simple rule for assessing tariff and tax incidence" [Economics Letters 93 (2006) 116-120]
by Tokarick, Stephen
March 2008, Volume 98, Issue 3
- 229-234 The effects of Hurricane Katrina on price pass-through for Gulf Coast gasoline
by Blair, Benjamin F. & Rezek, Jon P.
- 235-239 Human capital and ethnic self-identification of immigrants
by Zimmermann, Laura & Gataullina, Liliya & Constant, Amelie & Zimmermann, Klaus F.
- 240-246 Controlling collusion in auctions: The role of ceilings and reserve prices
by Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 247-252 Inflation and inflation uncertainty in Argentina, 1810-2005
by Thornton, John
- 253-258 Forecasting long memory time series when occasional breaks occur
by Bisaglia, Luisa & Gerolimetto, Margherita
- 259-268 Uncertainty and the yield curve
by Hackworth, J.F.
- 269-274 The effect of future income uncertainty in savings decision
by Gomes, Fábio Augusto Reis
- 275-281 Was China the first domino? Revisiting the Asian currency crisis
by Khan, Saleheen & Islam, Faridul
- 282-287 Uncertainty determinants of firm investment
by Baum, Christopher F. & Caglayan, Mustafa & Talavera, Oleksandr
- 288-293 A note on the height-wage differential in the UK - Cross-sectional evidence from the BHPS
by Heineck, Guido
- 294-300 Analyzing time-varying effects of potential output growth shocks
by Özlale, Ümit & Özbek, Levent
- 301-308 The impact of vintage on the persistence of gross domestic product shocks
by Macaro, Christian
- 309-319 Sensitivity of propensity score methods to the specifications
by Zhao, Zhong
- 320-326 Inflation, variability, and the evolution of human capital in a model with transactions costs
by Varvarigos, Dimitrios
- 327-334 Procurement with costly bidding, optimal shortlisting, and rebates
by Fan, Cuihong & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 335-341 The resurrection of the Italian wage curve
by Devicienti, Francesco & Maida, Agata & Pacelli, Lia
- 342-347 Spatial price discrimination and the locations of firms with different product selections or product varieties
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 348-357 Optimal state-contingent unemployment insurance
by Sánchez, Juan M.
February 2008, Volume 98, Issue 2
- 115-121 Change-point estimation of nonstationary I(d) processes
by Hsu, Yu-Chin & Kuan, Chung-Ming
- 122-128 Firm heterogeneity and firm behavior with conditional policies
by Demidova, Svetlana & Krishna, Kala
- 129-135 Bounded memory, overparameterized forecast rules, and instability
by Georges, Christophre
- 136-143 Impulse saturation break tests
by Santos, Carlos
- 144-147 Poolability and the finance-growth nexus: A cautionary note
by Schiavo, Stefano & Vaona, Andrea
- 148-154 Naive advice when half a million is at stake
by Pogrebna, Ganna
- 155-160 Multinomial probit estimates of college completion at 2-year and 4-year schools
by Jepsen, Christopher
- 161-166 Phillips curve forecasting in a small open economy
by Matheson, Troy D.
- 167-175 The welfare cost of macroeconomic uncertainty in the post-war period
by Issler, Joao Victor & de Mello Franco-Neto, Afonso Arinos & de Carvalho Guillen, Osmani Teixeira
- 176-184 Testing for discrete choice models
by Zheng, Xu
- 185-193 A characterization of invariant tests for identification in linear structural equations
by Forchini, Giovanni
- 194-200 Power law and evolutionary trends in stock markets
by Balakrishnan, P.V. (Sundar) & Miller, James M. & Shankar, S. Gowri
- 201-206 Quantifying spatial misallocation in centrally provided public goods
by Athreya, Siva & Somanathan, Rohini
- 207-212 On the size distribution of business firms
by Growiec, Jakub & Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo & Stanley, H. Eugene
- 213-219 Did state regulation of power plants cause an increase in pollution exportation
by Bellas, Allen S. & Lange, Ian
- 220-228 The predictability of exchange rate volatility
by Raunig, Burkhard
January 2008, Volume 98, Issue 1
- 2-8 A note on national income in a dynamic economy
by Heal, Geoffrey & Kristrom, Bengt
- 9-15 A note on expanding networks and monopoly pricing
by Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Garcia, Filomena
- 16-22 Stationarity of Asian-Pacific real exchange rates
by Zhou, Su
- 23-28 Endogenous binary choice models with median restrictions: A comment
by Shaikh, Azeem M. & Vytlacil, Edward
- 29-30 A note on fairness, power, property and behind the veil
by Shubik, Martin
- 31-34 Direct estimates of household production
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 35-40 Stock trading and diversification discount
by Liu, Qiao & Qi, Rong
- 41-47 Intertemporal substitution and nonhomothetic preferences
by Okubo, Masakatsu
- 48-58 Restoring monotone power in the CUSUM test
by Andreou, Elena
- 59-65 The two-agent claims-truncated proportional rule has no consistent extension: A constructive proof
by Thomson, William
- 66-70 The Feldstein-Horioka hypothesis versus the long-run solvency constraint model: A critical assessment
by Nell, Kevin S. & Santos, Luis Delfim
- 71-77 Voluntary contributions to a dynamic public good: Experimental evidence
by Noussair, Charles & Soo, Cindy
- 78-83 Ultimatum salary bargaining with real effort
by Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos & Jaramillo-Gutierrez, Ainhoa
- 84-88 Welfare equivalent NNP and habit formation
by Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf
- 89-94 A geometric approach to continuous expected utility
by Chatterjee, Kalyan & Krishna, R. Vijay
- 95-99 The incidence of sin taxes
by Kotakorpi, Kaisa
- 100-106 Global and local players in a model of spatial competition
by Loertscher, Simon & Muehlheusser, Gerd
- 107-112 Naked exclusion and the anticompetitive accommodation of entry
by Wright, Julian
December 2007, Volume 97, Issue 3
- 185-190 A panel bootstrap cointegration test
by Westerlund, Joakim & Edgerton, David L.
- 191-196 Multiple equilibria in a simple asset pricing model
by Walker, Todd B. & Whiteman, Charles H.
- 197-200 Social choice rules implemented in dominant strategies
by Yao, Haixiang & Yi, Jianxin
- 201-207 Information theoretic solutions for correlated bivariate processes
by Cho, Wendy K. Tam & Judge, George G.
- 208-214 Exclusive versus non-exclusive licensing strategies and moral hazard
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 215-221 Possession and discounting behavior
by Slonim, Robert & Carlson, James & Bettinger, Eric
- 222-229 GLS detrending and unit root testing
by Vougas, Dimitrios V.
- 230-234 Relative backwardness, absorptive capacity and knowledge spillovers
by Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David
- 235-239 Chinese stock market cyclical regimes: 1991-2006
by Yan, Wu & Powell, John G. & Shi, Jing & Xu, Wei
- 240-246 Decomposing interregional differentials in productivities: An empirical analysis for Japanese data
by Fukushige, Mototsugu & Ishikawa, Noriko
- 247-252 Real exchange rates and real interest differentials for sectoral data: A dynamic SUR approach
by Kim, Jaebeom
- 253-259 The kernel-location approach: A new non-parametric approach to the analysis of downward nominal wage rigidity in micro data
by Knoppik, Christoph
- 260-266 Optimal simple rules in RE models with risk sensitive preferences
by Zhao, Mingjun
November 2007, Volume 97, Issue 2
- 91-96 Equilibrium existence and uniqueness in impure public good models
by Kotchen, Matthew J.
- 97-104 Estimating deterministically time-varying variances in regression models
by Kapetanios, George
- 105-110 Asymmetric government transaction policies and currencies substitutability
by Marchesiani, Alessandro & Senesi, Pietro
- 111-117 Modified seasonal unit root test with seasonal level shifts at unknown time
by Popp, Stephan
- 118-123 The Jack-of-All-Trades entrepreneur: Innate talent or acquired skill?
by Silva, Olmo
- 124-127 Monotonicity, implementation and generalized strategy-proofness
by Yi, Jianxin
- 128-132 Are teams prone to myopic loss aversion? An experimental study on individual versus team investment behavior
by Sutter, Matthias
- 133-137 Testing for causality in variance under nonstationarity in variance
by Rodrigues, Paulo M.M. & Rubia, Antonio
- 138-144 Reputation, incomplete information, and differences in patience in repeated games with multiple equilibria
by Hausken, Kjell
- 145-150 Determinants of contract length in franchise contracts
by Vazquez, Luis
- 151-154 Superdictatorial domains for monotonic social choice functions
by Kutlu, Levent
- 155-161 The pluralistic view of politics: Asymmetric lobbyists, ideological uncertainty and political entry
by Martimort, David & Semenov, Aggey
- 162-169 The participant's curse and the perception of unequal treatment
by Roberts, Kevin
- 170-178 International reserves and monetary policy
by Bar-Ilan, Avner & Lederman, Dan
- 179-184 Testing for seasonal unit roots in heterogeneous panels in the presence of cross section dependence
by Otero, Jesus & Smith, Jeremy & Giulietti, Monica
October 2007, Volume 97, Issue 1
- 1-5 An analysis of reservation wages for the economically inactive
by Blackaby, D.H. & Latreille, P.L. & Murphy, P.D. & O'Leary, N.C. & Sloane, P.J.
- 6-10 Financial development and the opacity of banks
by Wagner, Wolf
- 11-16 Are smoke detectors as effective as the public health literature reports?
by Garbacz, Christopher & Thompson Jr., Herbert G.
- 17-23 Structural change and estimated persistence in the GARCH(1,1)-model
by Kramer, Walter & Azamo, Baudouin Tameze
- 24-31 When do firing taxes matter?
by Fella, Giulio
- 32-38 Some analytics on bias in DSVARs
by Dupaigne, Martial & Feve, Patrick & Matheron, Julien
- 39-45 Sunspot fluctuations ulnder zero nominal interest rates
by Hirose, Yasuo