Journal of Development Economics
June 1986, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 209-265 Developing country finance and debt
by Eaton, Jonathan & Taylor, Lance
May 1986, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 211-227 Accounting for non-market activities in the distribution of income : An empirical investigation
by Kusnic, Michael W. & Davanzo, Julie
- 229-234 International migration, remittances and welfare in a dependent economy
by Djajic, Slobodan
- 235-258 Decomposing the determinants of trade deficits : Turkey in the 1970s
by Conway, Patrick
- 259-281 Energy-economy interactions in Mexico : A multiperiod general equilibrium model
by Blitzer, Charles R. & Eckaus, Richard S.
- 283-318 An analysis of external debt positions of eight developing countries through 1990
by Dooley, Michael & Helkie, William & Tryon, Ralph & Underwood, John
- 319-325 A note on variables and observations in factor analysis
by Murrell, Peter
- 327-346 Neighborhood effects of developing country protection
by Deardorff, Alan V. & Stern, Robert M.
- 347-352 A note on social articulation
by Rattso, Jorn
- 353-359 Institutionalized monopsonistic capital markets in a developing economy
by Hong, Wontack
- 361-372 A note on foreign investment, the savings function and immiserization of national welfare
by Quibria, M. G.
- 373-376 The impact of world recession on children : Richard Jolly and Giovanni Andrea Cornia, eds., (Pergamon, Oxford, 1984) pp. xiv + 221, $22.00
by Preston, Samuel H.
- 377-381 Handbook of international economics : Ronald W. Jones and Peter B. Kenen, eds., Volume I (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1984) pp. xxi + 623
by Eaton, Jonathan
- 381-383 Income distribution and economic development: An analytical survey : Jacques Lecaillon, Felix Paukert, Christian Morrison and Dimitri Germidis, (International Labour Office, Geneva, 1984) pp. ix + 212, $17.10
by Fields, Gary S.
- 383-386 Trade, income levels, and dependence : Michael Michaely, (North-Holland, Amsterdam and New York, 1984) pp. xvi + $88
by Kravis, Irving B.
- 387-388 World economic growth: Case studies of developed and developing nations : Arnold C. Harberger, ed., (Institute for Contemporary Studies, San Francisco, CA, 1984) pp. xii + 508, cloth $22.95, paperback $9.95
by Morris, Cynthia Taft
- 388-390 Zone Franc et developpement Africain : P. and S. Guillaumont, (Economica, Paris, 1984) pp. 337, $16.00
by Xafa, Miranda
April 1986, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-23 Oil supply and economic development strategy : A dynamic planning approach
by Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad
- 25-34 Monetization, economic development and the exogeneity of money
by Laumas, Prem S. & Porter-Hudak, Susan
- 35-40 Economic growth and defense spending : Granger Causality
by Joerding, Wayne
- 41-52 On the uniformity of optimal tariffs
by Mantel, Rolf R. & Martirena-Mantel, Ana M.
- 53-64 Social security in Panama : A multiperiod analysis of income distribution
by Burkhauser, Richard V.
- 65-87 A general equilibrium analysis of price controls and subsidies on food in mexico
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Serra-Puche, Jaime
- 89-109 Stock equilibrium in flexprice markets in macromodels for less developed economies : The case of food speculation
by Dutt, Amitava Krishna
- 111-129 A note on the burden of the mexican foreign debt
by Ortiz, Guillermo & Serra-Puche, Jaime
- 131-147 Domestic prices of importable goods in Chile and the law of one price 1975-1982
by Morande, Felipe G.
- 149-160 Alternative stochastic specifications of the frontier production function in the analysis of agricultural credit programs and technical efficiency
by Taylor, Timothy G. & Scott Shonkwiler, J.
- 161-180 Controls, corruption, and competitive rent-seeking in LDCs
by Blomqvist, Ake & Mohammad, Sharif
- 181-204 Stolper-Samuelson-Rybczynski in the Pacific : Real wages and real exchange rates in the Philippines, 1956-1978
by Lal, Deepak
- 205-209 Book review
by Richards, Alan
March 1986, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 205-224 Price setting in Indian industry
by Madhur, Srinivasa & Roy, Prannoy
- 225-245 Competing models of international lending activity
by Frey, Bruno S. & Schneider, Friedrich
- 247-262 Quantitative restrictions and Indian imports
by Ghose, Devajyoti & Lahiri, Ashok K. & Wadhwa, Wilima
- 263-285 Models of export instability and empirical tests for less-developed countries
by Wong, Chung Ming
- 287-297 Fixing income and price targets for the poor in india
by Panda, Manoj Kumar
- 299-309 Child malnutrition and school performance in China
by Jamison, Dean T.
- 311-323 The efficiency-wage hypothesis : Applying a general model of the interaction between labor quantity and quality
by Chiswick, Carmel U.
- 325-338 Estimating consumer demand in Korea
by H. Youn Kim
- 339-359 Vertical trading and uneven development
by Dutt, Amitava Krishna
- 361-379 Devaluation, investment and growth in LDCs
by Buffie, Edward F.
- 381-397 Third world multinationals : The characteristics of Indian firms investing abroad
by Lall, Rajiv
- 399-402 Population development and income distribution -- A modelling approach: Bachua International : R. Scott Moreland, (Gower-St. Martin's Press for ILO, New York, 1984) pp. 197, $28.00
by Schultz, T. Paul
1986, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-13 Determinants of offshore production in developing countries
by Lee, Jaymin
- 15-32 Lagged reactions in short-run estimates of tax shifting of company income and sales taxes in Kenya
by Brent, Robert J.
- 33-52 Childhood malnutrition and schooling in the Terai region of Nepal
by Moock, Peter R. & Leslie, Joanne
- 53-73 Productivity change in Egyptian public sector industries after the opening, 1973-1979
by Handoussa, Heba & Nishimizu, Mieko & Page, John Jr.
- 75-105 Exchange rate versus credit policy : Analysis with a monetary model of trade and inflation in India
by Sundararajan, V.
- 107-123 Determinants of international trade flows : The Case of Developing Countries
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen
- 125-133 Inflation and financial deepening
by Moore, B. J.
- 135-144 Public financial institutions and economic concentration in india
by Uppal, J. S.
- 145-162 The capital intensity of foreign, private local and state owned firms in a less developed country : Ghana
by Ahiakpor, James C. W.
- 163-177 The market for land : An analysis of interim transactions
by Basu, Kaushik
- 179-183 Spatial, environmental and resource policy in the developing countries : Manas Chatterji, Peter Nijkamp, T. R. Lakshmanan and C. R. Pathak, eds., (Gower, Hampshire and Brookfield, VT, 1984) pp. ix-x+428, $35.00
by Petras, Elizabeth
- 183-185 International finance for food security : Barbara Huddleston, D. Gale Johnson, Shlomo Reutlinger and Alberto Valdes, (Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1984) pp. x+101, $15.00
by Abbott, Philip C.
- 186-189 Sugarcane and sugar in Gorakhpur: An inquiry into peasant production for capitalist enterprise in colonial India : Shahid Amin, (Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 1984) pp. xxiv+336, [UK pound]16.50
by Doherty, Victor S.
- 189-191 The modern plantations in the third world : Edgar Graham and Ingrid Floering, (Croom Helm, London) pp. xvii+231. [UK pound]25.00
by Amin, Shahid
- 191-193 International money and the capitalist crisis : E. A. Brett, (Heinemann, London and Westview Press, Boulder, CO, 1983) pp. 271, $25.00
by Willett, Thomas D.
- 194-195 The geography of underdevelopment: A critical survey : Dean K. Forbes, (Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1984) pp. 214, $22.50
by Akisik, Sinan A. & Reiner, Thomas A.
- 196-198 Latin America: The crisis of debt and growth : Thomas O.Enders and Richard P. Mattione, (The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC, 1984) pp. viii+66, $6.95
by Marquez, Jaime
- 198-200 Industry and inequality: The social anthropology of Indian labour : Mark Holstrom, (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1984) pp. 342, [UK pound]27.50
by Lambert, Richard D.
- 200-203 The Taiwan economy in transition : Shirley W. Y. Kuo, (Westview Press, Boulder, CO, 1983)
by Chi-ing Hou Liang
December 1985, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 221-254 Micro and macroeconomics of tax reform : Indonesia
by Gillis, Malcolm
- 255-281 The direction of developing country trade : Empirical evidence of differences between South-South and South-North trade
by Havrylyshyn, Oli
- 283-297 A dynamic analysis of expenditure patterns in rural India
by Ray, Ranjan
- 299-320 A mark-up pricing model for price simulations
by Levy, Santiago
1985, Volume 19, Issue 1-2
- 1-24 Good-bye financial repression, hello financial crash
by Diaz-Alejandro, Carlos
- 25-38 Growth without productivity: Singapore Manufacturing in the 1970s
by Tsao, Yuan
- 39-57 Foreign exchange constraints and growth possibilities in the LDCs
by Marquez, Jaime
- 59-84 Wood energy and preservation of woodlands in semi-arid developing countries: The case of Dodoma region, Tanzania
by Allen, Julia C.
- 85-111 Food security and agricultural production strategies under risk in Egypt
by Sarris, Alexander H.
- 113-132 The intercountry agricultural production function and productivity differences among countries
by Kawagoe, Toshihiko & Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W.
- 133-146 Evaluating pollution control: The case of Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Thomas, Vinod
- 147-162 The determinants of nutrient intake: Results from Western India
by Horton, Susan
- 163-185 The effects of economic development on life cycle wage rates and labor supply behavior in Malaysia
by Blau, David M.
- 187-198 Tariff policy and equilibrium growth in the world economy
by Kiguel, Miguel A. & Wooton, Ian
- 199-201 Indirect taxation in ASEAN : Mukul G. Asher and Anne Booth, (Singapore University Press, Singapore, 1983) pp. 237
by Thanapornpun, Rungsan & Tinakorn, Pranee
- 201-210 Agricultural development in the third world : Carl Eicher and John Staatz, eds., (Johns Hopkins University Press, Maryland, USA) pp. 491
by Roumasset, James
- 210-213 The new multinationals, the spread of third world enterprises : Sanjaya Lall, ed., (Wiley/IRM Series on Multinationals, Chichester, 1983) pp. xvi+268
by Pearce, Robert D.
- 213-217 The political economy of income distribution in Mexico : Pedro Aspe and Paul E. Sigmund, eds., (Holmes and Meier, New York, 1984) pp. vii + 552
by Bhaduri, Amit
- 217-218 Influences des echanges intra latinoamericains sur l'economie colombienne: Un modele multisectoriel : Jorge Requena Blanco, (Berne, 1984) pp. xvi + 238
by Gerard Adams, F.
August 1985, Volume 18, Issue 2-3
- 195-195 Editorial
by Taylor, Lance
- 197-217 Saving and the real interest rate in LDCs
by Giovannini, Alberto
- 219-242 Effective incentives for domestic market sales and exports : A view of anti-export biases and commercial policy in Brazil, 1980-1981
by Tyler, William G.
- 243-252 The old age security hypothesis reconsidered
by Nerlove, Marc & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 253-271 Intra-industry trade among developing countries
by Havrylyshyn, Oli & Civan, Engin
- 273-295 The role of consumption credit in agricultural tenancy
by Kotwal, Ashok
- 297-313 The relation between farm size and farm productivity : The role of family labor, supervision and credit constraints
by Feder, Gershon
- 315-334 Rainfall and supply-response : A study of rice in India
by Lahiri, Ashik Kumar & Roy, Prannoy
- 335-360 Optimal investment choice for developing countries : Rational theory and rational decision-making
by Leff, Nathaniel H.
- 361-379 An application of the life-cycle linear expenditure system to the South Korean household sector, 1962-1976
by Ortmeyer, David L. & Fortune, Peter
- 381-393 Crawling peg and the real exchange rate : Some evidence from the Southern Cone
by Yuravlivker, David E.
- 395-410 Inflation and imported input prices in some inflationary Latin American economies
by Hanson, James A.
- 411-428 A model of price formation for small economies : Three Caribbean examples
by Holder, Carlos & Worrell, DeLisle
- 429-461 Measurement of welfare applications to Australia
by Kakwani, Nanak
- 463-477 Conventional and real GDP per capita in cross-country studies of production structure
by Ram, Rati
- 479-483 Optimal policy to achieve debt repayment by the LDCs
by Parai, Amar K. & Mohanty, Bidhu B.
- 485-491 The demand for money in Brazil : Some further results
by Darrat, Ali F.
- 493-501 A money demand equation for Brazil : Comments and additional evidence
by Gerlach, Stefan & Nadal de Simone, Francisco
- 503-539 Graciela Chichilnisky's model of North-South trade
by Lysy, Frank J.
- 541-554 Macro-economic effects of changes in bank interest rates : Simulation results for South Korea
by Van Wijnbergen, S.
- 555-559 On the optimal currency peg for developing countries
by Connolly, Michael
- 561-562 On the optimal currency peg for developing countries : Reply
by Williamson, John
- 563-567 Agricultural sustainability in a changing world order : Gordon K. Douglas, ed., (Westview, Boulder, CO, 1984) pp. xiv + 282, $26.50
by Herdt, Robert W.
- 567-570 Work, income and inequality. Payment systems in the third world : Frances Stewart, ed., (Macmillan, London, 1983) pp. x + 333, [UK pound]20.00
by Knight, J. B.
- 570-575 International money and credit: The policy roles : George M. Von Furstenberg, ed., (IMF, Washington, DC, 1983) pp. 586
by Tandon, Rameshwar
- 575-577 Crisis in economic relations between north and south : Norman Schofield, ed., (Gower, Aldershot, 1984) pp. xii + 439, $35.00
by Priovolos, Theophilos
- 577-579 Singapore: Development policies and trends : Peter S.J. Chen, ed., (Oxford University Press, Kuala Lumpur, 1983) pp. xiii + 384, [UK pound]25,00
by Chong Li Choy
- 579-584 Aid against development -- The cases of Bangladesh and Nepal : Rene Dumont, (Editions Seuil, Paris, 1985)
by Khan, Qaiser
- 584-589 Migration surveys in low-income countries : Richard E. Bilsborrow, A. S. Oberai and Guy Standing, (Croom Helm, London, 1984) pp. 552, [UK pound]14.95
by Massey, Douglas S.
- 587-589 Economic transition in Hunan and Southern China : A. S. Bhalla, (Macmillan, London, 1984) pp. xix + 198, [UK pound]25.00
by Sicular, Terry
- 589-590 Fathers work for their sons : Sara Berry, (University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, 1985) pp. x + 225, $32.50
by Mabbs-Zeno, Carl C.
- 590-594 Latin America in the world economy: New perspectives : Diana Tussie, ed., (Gower, Aldershot, 1983) pp. xii + 238
by Munoz, Oscar
- 595-598 More for the least? Prospects for poorest countries in the eighties : Thomas G. Weiss and Anthony Jennings, (Lexington Books, Lexington, MA, 1983) pp. xxiii + 176
by Zacher, Mark W.
- 598-600 The use of a social accounting matrix framework for public sector analysis: The case study of Mexico, Monograph no. 17 : B. Pleskovic and G. Trevino, (International Centre for Public Enterprises in Developing Countries, Ljubljana, 1985) pp. 119
by Pyatt, Graham
- 600-603 Education and income determination in Kenya : Arne Bigsten, (Gower Hampshire, 1984) pp. vii + 156, $27.50
by Armitage, Jane
1985, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-12 Exports, growth and causality in developing countries
by Jung, Woo S. & Marshall, Peyton J.
- 13-21 Determinants of export instability in the primary commodity trade of LDC's
by Charette, Michael F.
- 23-35 Exports, policy choices, and economic growth in developing countries after the 1973 oil shock
by Balassa, Bela
- 37-50 The foreign exchange constraint, suppression of the trade deficit and the shadow price of foreign exchange in a fix-price economy
by Standaert, Stan
- 51-66 The role of family decision in internal migration : The case of India
by Bhattacharyya, Bharati
- 67-86 Public inputs and child schooling in Brazil
by Birdsall, Nancy
- 87-99 Meeting basic needs : The trade-off between the quality and coverage of the programs
by Arellano, Jose-Pablo
- 101-117 Concentration of land holdings : An empirical exploration of Kuznets' conjecture
by Quan, Nguyen T. & Koo, Anthony Y. C.
- 119-132 Earnings differences in the labor market of the Arab Gulf states : The case of Kuwait
by Al-Qudsi, Sulayman S.
- 133-152 Operating capital and productivity patterns in jute weaving in Bangladesh
by Kibria, M. G. & Tisdell, C. A.
- 153-169 Adjustment to monetary policy and devaluation under two-tier and fixed exchange rate regimes
by Aizenman, Joshua
- 171-191 Stabilization of the balance of payments in a small, planned economy, with an application to ethiopia
by Feltenstein, Andrew
April 1985, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 175-199 Prices and output in the Mexican economy Emperical testing of alternative hypotheses
by Ize, Alain & Salas, Javier
- 201-217 Equity, externalities and energy subsidies The case of kerosine in Indonesia
by Pitt, Mark M.
- 219-238 Energy demand in the transportation sector of Mexico
by Berndt, Ernst R. & Botero, German
- 239-257 Sub-optimal saving and the shadow price of labor The public good argument
by Warr, Peter G.
- 259-275 A multiple time-series analysis of labor supply and earnings in economic development
by Santiago, Carlos E. & Rossiter, Rosemary
- 277-307 Caste discrimination in the Indian urban labour market
by Banerjee, Biswajit & Knight, J. B.
- 309-312 Critique and anti critique essays on dependence and reformism : Andre Gunder Frank (Macmillan, London, 1984) pp. xiii + 336, +/-[UK pound]20.00
by Mandle, Jay R.
- 312-315 Brazil's state-owned enterprises. A case-study of the state as entrepreneur : Thomas J. Trebat, (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1983) pp. xviii + 291, $42.50
by Sorensen, Georg
- 315-318 Local government finance in the third World: A case study of the Philippines : Roy Bahl and Barbara D. Miller, eds. (Praeger, New York, 1983) pp. xvi + 260
by Craig, Steven G.
- 319-321 People, poverty and shelter: Problems of self-help housing in the third World : R.J. Skinner and M.J. Rodell, eds. (Methuen, London/New York, 1983) pp. xi + 195
by Strassman, W. Paul
- 321-325 Latin-America experiments in neo-conservative economics : Alejandro Foxley, (University of California Press, Berkeley/Los Angeles/London, 1983) pp. xv + 213, $37.00
by Edwards, Sebastian
- 325-329 Multinational corporations, technology and employment : E. Chen
by Katz, Jorge M.
1985, Volume 17, Issue 1-2
- 1-3 Introduction
by Stark, Oded
- 5-25 Shadow households and competing auspices : Migration behavior in the Philippines
by Caces, Fe & Arnold, Fred & Fawcett, James T. & Gardner, Robert W.
- 27-28 Shadow households and competing auspices: Migration behavior in the Philippines by F. Caces et al
by Adelman, Irma
- 29-42 Migration and the phases of population redistribution
by Long, John F.
- 43-45 Migration and the phases of population redistribution by J.F. Long
by Mincer, Jacob
- 47-71 The influence of rapid rural-urban migration on Korean national fertility levels
by Bun Song Lee & Farber, Stephen C.
- 73-74 The influence of rapid rural-urban migration on Korean national fertility levels by B.S. Lee and S.C. Farber
by Adelman, Irma
- 75-93 The effect of immigrants on natives' incomes through the use of capital
by Simon, Julian L. & Heins, A. James
- 95-97 The effect of immigrants on natives' incomes through the use of capital by J.L. Simon and A.J. Heins
by Mincer, Jacob
- 99-115 Caribbean slavery and British growth : The Eric Williams hypothesis
by Solow, Barbara L.
- 117-129 Agricultural terms of trade and distributional perversities in a neo-Ricardian model
by Andrews, Margaret S.
- 131-139 Profit, rent and the terms of trade : A reply
by Gibson, Bill & McLeod, Darryl
- 141-149 Profit, rent and the terms of trade : A rejoinder
by Andrews, Margaret S.
- 151-162 More on the employment effects of innovation
by Hall, P. H. & Heffernan, S. A.
- 163-173 More on the employment effects of innovation : More than a response
by Hagen, Everett E.
December 1984, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 231-248 The volatility of offshore investment
by Flamm, Kenneth
- 249-262 Mechanisation, employment and productivity in Sudanese agriculture
by Disney, Richard & Elbashir, A. A.
- 263-278 Structures of foreign trade and income distribution : The case of Mexico
by Kim, Kwan S. & Turrubiate, Gerardo
- 279-291 External market conditions, competitiveness, diversification and LDCs' exports
by Love, J.
- 293-311 The probability, size and uses of remittances from urban to rural areas in India
by Banerjee, Biswajit
- 313-317 Mixed wage and rent contracts as reinterpretations of share contracts
by Allen, Franklin
- 319-320 The transfer problem in stable markets : A rejoinder to rejoinders
by Chichilnisky, Graciela
- 321-324 International migration, non-traded goods and economic welfare in the source country : A comment
by Thompson, Henry
- 325-330 International migration, non-traded goods and economic welfare in a two-class economy : A reply
by Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L.
- 331-334 Instabile exportmarkte und wirtschaftliche entwicklung: Thomas Mayer, Der Fall Kolumbien (Mohr, Tubingen, 1983) pp. vii + 181, DM58.00
by Wagenhals, Gerhard
- 334-335 An introduction to South Asia: B.H. Farmer, (Methuen, New York, 1983) pp. ix + 253
by Heston, Alan
- 334-335 Public expenditure and Indian development policy, 1960-1970: John Toye, (Cambridge University Press, New York, 1981) pp. xviii + 270, $39.50
by Heston, Alan
- 336-337 The economics of foreign aid and self-sustaining development: Raymond F. Mikeswell in association with Robert A. Kilmarx and Arvin M. Kramish, (Westview, Boulder, CO, 1983) pp. xi + 106, $15.00
by Parkinson, J. R.
- 337-341 Development and crisis in Brazil, 1930-1983: Luiz Bresser Pereira, (Westview, Boulder, CO, 1984) pp. xiv + 341, $25.00
by Baer, Werner
- 341-343 Transferring food production technology to developing nations: Economic and social dimensions: Joseph J. Molnar and Howard A. Clonts, eds., (Westview, Boulder, CO, 1983) pp. xiii + 175, $19.50
by Walker, Tom
- 344-346 Women and poverty in the third world: Mayra Buvinic, Margaret A. Lycette and William Paul McGreevey, eds., (The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1983)
by Declalikar, Anil B.
- 346-346 Education and development: Roger M. Garrett, ed., (Croom Helm, London, 1984) pp. 276, [UK pound]14.95
by Psacharopoulos, George
- 347-348 Consumer choice in the third world: Jeffrey James, (Macmillan, London, 1983) pp. x + 178, [UK pound]20.00
by Strauss, John
- 348-352 Migration, mechanization, and agricultural labor markets in Egypt: Alan Richards and Philip Martin, eds., (Westview Press, Boulder, CO and the American University in Cairo Press, Cairo, 1983) pp. xi + 288, $25.00
by Esfahani, Hadi S.
- 352-353 Poverty and aid: J.R. Parkinson, ed., (Blackwell, Oxford, 1983), pp. v + 264, [UK pound]19.50
by Mikesell, Raymond F.
- 353-355 The transformation of urban housing -- The experience of upgrading in Cartagena : W.P. Strassmann, (The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD and London, 1982), pp. xiv + 225, $29.25
by Wegelin, Emiel A.
1984, Volume 16, Issue 1-2
- 1-11 Editors' introduction
by Teitel, Simon & Westphal, Larry E.
- 13-37 Domestic technological innovations and dynamic comparative advantage : Further reflections on a comparative case-study program
by Katz, Jorge M.
- 39-61 Technology creation in semi-industrial economies
by Teitel, Simon
- 63-99 Exports of technology from semi-industrial economies and local technological development
by Dahlman, Carl J. & Sercovich, Francisco C.
- 101-128 Assessing the performance of infant industries
by Bell, Martin & Ross-Larson, Bruce & Westphal, Larry E.
- 129-152 Firm size and technical efficiency : Applications of production frontiers to Indian survey data
by Page, John Jr.
- 153-176 Productivity and technical choice : Applications to the textile industry
by Pack, Howard
- 177-206 Trade policies and productivity change in semi-industrialized countries
by Nishimizu, Mieko & Robinson, Sherman
- 207-212 Socialist models of development : Charles K. Wilber and Kenneth P. Jameson, eds., (Pergamon, Oxford) pp. 803-1043
by Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad
- 212-214 IMF conditionality : John Williamson, ed., (Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC, 1983) pp. xvi + 679
by Kindleberger, Charles P.
- 214-222 Structuralist macroeconomics: Applicable models for the third world : Lance Taylor, (Basic Books, New York, 1983) pp. ix + 227
by Buffie, Edward
- 222-226 Income distribution and development: Theory, evidence, and policy : Arne Bigsten, (Heinemann, London, 1983) pp. viii + 192
by Blau, David M.
- 226-229 Threat to development: Pitfalls of the NIEO : William Loehr and John R. Powelson, (Westview Press, Boulder, CO, 1983) $22.00 (hard-cover), $10.00 (paperback)
by Ahmad, Jaleel
1984, Volume 15, Issue 1-3
- 1-17 Can remittances compensate for manpower outflows : The case of Philippine physicians
by Goldfarb, Robert & Havrylyshyn, Oli & Mangum, Stephen
- 19-45 The response of mining investment to a decline in economic growth : The case of copper in the 1970s
by Radetzki, Marian & Van Duyne, Carl
- 47-75 Stabilisation strategies in primary commodity exporting countries : A case study of Chile
by Dick, Hermann & Gerken, Egbert & Mayer, Thomas & Vincent, David
- 77-88 On the analysis of tariff escalation : Is there a methodological bias against the interest of developing countries?
by Yeats, Alexander J.
- 89-96 Terms of trade and domestic distribution : A comment
by Ranney, Susan I.
- 97-103 Export-led growth with abundant labour : A Defense of Orthodoxy
by Gunning, Jan Willem
- 105-110 Terms of trade and domestic distribution : A comment
by Saavedra-Rivano, Neantro
- 111-115 On transfer paradoxes and immiserizing growth : Part II
by Srinivasan, T. N. & Bhagwati, Jagdish N.
- 117-130 Gains from trade, stability and profits : A comment on Chichilnisky's Terms of trade and domestic distribution: export-led growth with abundant labour
by Heal, Geoffrey & McLeod, Darryl
- 131-160 North-South trade and exported-led policies
by Chichilnisky, Graciela
- 161-167 A comment on North-South trade and export-led policies
by Findlay, Ronald
- 169-172 Comparative statics, stability and optimal trade policy
by Willem Gunning, Jan