The big push, industrialization and international trade: The role of exports
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rhee, Yung Whee, 1990. "The catalyst model of development: Lessons from Bangladesh's success with garment exports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 333-346, February.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 691-751.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1993. "Making a Miracle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 251-272, March.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989.
"Industrialization and the Big Push,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1003-1026, October.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Industrialization and the Big Push," NBER Working Papers 2708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989. "Industrialization and the Big Push," Scholarly Articles 3606235, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rodney Ramcharan, 2002. "Columbia or High School? Understanding the Roles of Education in Development," IMF Working Papers 02/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Wang, Ping & Xie, Danyang, 2004.
"Activation of a modern industry,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 393-410.
- Ping Wang & Danyang Xie, 2001. "Activation of a Modern Industry," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0135, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Danyang Xie & Ping Wang, 2002. "Activation of a Modern Industry," IMF Working Papers 02/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Coordination failures and government policy: A model with applications to East Asia and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-22.
- Eric W. Bond & Ronald W. Jones & Ping Wang, 2005. "Economic Takeoffs in a Dynamic Process of Globalization," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "The division of labor and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 3-32.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wrona, Jens & Kreickemeier, Udo, 2016.
"Industrialisation and the Big Push in a Global Economy,"
Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change
145707, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Wrona, Jens, 2017. "Industrialisation and the big push in a global economy," CEPIE Working Papers 06/17, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Wrona, Jens, 2017. "Industrialisation and the big push in a global economy," DICE Discussion Papers 249, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Udo Kreickemeier & Jens Wrona, 2017. "Industrialisation and the Big Push in a Global Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 6475, CESifo Group Munich.
- Florian Englmaier & Markus Reisinger, 2008.
"Information, Coordination and the Industrialization of Countries,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 54(3), pages 534-550, September.
- Florian Englmaier & Markus Reisinger, 2006. "Information, Coordination, and the Industrialization of Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 1670, CESifo Group Munich.
- Englmaier, Florian & Reisinger, Markus, 2006. "Information, Coordination, and the Industrialization of Countries," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 87, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Englmaier, Florian & Reisinger, Markus, 2008. "Information, coordination and the industrialization of countries," Munich Reprints in Economics 22031, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-012-0138-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:idb:idbbks:6668 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Ricardo Paes Mamede, 2008. "Structural Transformation and the role of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal: a descriptive analysis for the period 1990-2005," GEE Papers 0009, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Dec 2008.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele, 2012. "Big push or big failure? On the effectiveness of industrialization policies for economic development," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 129-141.
- Ron Sandrey & Hannah Edinger, 2011. "Working Paper 128 - China’s Manufacturing and Industrialization in Africa," Working Paper Series 294, African Development Bank.
- Scott Beaulier & J. Subrick, 2006. "Poverty traps and the robust political economy of development assistance," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 217-226, June.
- Haiwen Zhou, 2013.
"The Choice of Technology and Rural-Urban Migration in Economic Development,"
Frontiers of Economics in China,
Higher Education Press, vol. 8(3), pages 337-361, September.
- Zhou, Haiwen, 2017. "The Choice of Technology and Rural-Urban Migration in Economic Development," MPRA Paper 48295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2005.
Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 967-1014
- Dani Rodrick, 2003. "Growth Strategies," Economics working papers 2003-17, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Dani Rodrik, 2003. "Growth Strategies," NBER Working Papers 10050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2003. "Growth Strategies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4100, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fred Bateman & Jaime Ros & Jason E. Taylor, 2009. "Did New Deal and World War II Public Capital Investments Facilitate a "Big Push" in the American South?," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 165(2), pages 307-341, June.
- Steve Loris Gui-Diby & Mary-Françoise Renard, 2015. "Foreign Direct Investment Inflows and the Industrialization of African Countries," Post-Print halshs-01152516, HAL.
- Dipankar Dasgupta & Koji Shimomura, 2006. "Public infrastructure, employment and sustainable growth in a small open economy with and without foreign direct investment," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 257-291.
- Juan S. Blyde & Christian Volpe Martincus & Danielken Molina, 2014. "Fábricas sincronizadas: América Latina y el Caribe en la era de las Cadenas Globales de Valor," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 86755 edited by Juan S. Blyde, February.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2005. "The East Asian Industrial Policy Experience: Implications for the Middle East," Working Paper Series WP05-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo, 2010.
"Beyond the average effects: The distributional impacts of export promotion programs in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Jerónimo Carballo, 2010. "Beyond The Average Effects: The Distributional Impacts of Export Promotion Programs in Developing Countries," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 36718, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ming-Jen Chang & Ping Wang & Danyang Xie, 2016. "The Dynamic Process of Economic Takeoff and Industrial Transformation," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 11(1), pages 60-87, March.
- Chang, Ming-Jen & Wang, Ping & Xie, Danyang, 2011. "The dynamic process of economic takeoff and industrial transformation," MPRA Paper 31868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gui-Diby, Steve Loris & Renard, Mary-Françoise, 2015. "Foreign Direct Investment Inflows and the Industrialization of African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 43-57.
- Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Eduardo Levy-Yeyati, 2012. "Global Financial Safety Nets: Where Do We Go from Here?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, pages 37-68.
- Eduardo Fernández Arias & Eduardo Levy-Yeyati, 2010. "Global Financial Safety Nets: Where Do We Go from Here?," Business School Working Papers 2010-06, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Jerónimo Carballo, 2010. "Beyond The Average Effects: The Distributional Impacts of Export Promotion Programs in Developing Countries," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3169, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:78:y:2005:i:1:p:22-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.