Journal of Development Economics
January 1989, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 71-92 The Dutch disease in a developing country : Oil reserves in Cameroon
by Benjamin, Nancy C. & Devarajan, Shantayanan & Weiner, Robert J.
- 93-102 Export expansion, growth and the level of economic development: An empirical analysis
by Moschos, Demetrios
- 103-128 A computational analysis of Japan's generalized system of preferences
by Brown, Drusilla
- 129-144 A model of constructing the poverty line
by Paul, Satya
- 145-158 Effect of public programs on family size, child education and health
by Hossain, Shaikh I.
- 159-178 On-the-job search in a labor market model : Ex ante choices and ex post outcomes
by Fields, Gary S.
- 179-188 A Keynesian model of north-south trade
by Sarkar, Abhirup
- 190-193 Agrarian impasse in Bengal: Institutional constraints to technological change : James K. Boyce (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1987) pp. xviii+308
by Quddus, Munir
- 194-198 The evolving International Economy : Graciela Chichilnisky and Geoffrey Heal (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1986) pp. viii+156, [UK pound]22.50
by Mitra, Pradeep K.
November 1988, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 249-251 Introduction
by Bacha, Edmar & Edwards, Sebastian
- 253-268 Financing vs. forgiving a debt overhang
by Krugman, Paul
- 269-270 Comments on financing vs. forgiving a debt overhang by Paul Krugman
by Reyes, Saul Trejo
- 271-306 The debt crisis structural explanations of country performance
by Berg, Andrew & Sachs, Jeffrey
- 307-309 Comments on the debt crisis: Structural explanations of country performance by Andrew Berg and Jeffrey Sachs
by Selowsky, Marcelo
- 311-341 Real and monetary determinants of real exchange rate behavior: Theory and evidence from developing countries
by Edwards, Sebastian
- 343-345 Comments on real and monetary determinants of real exchange rate behavior: Theory and evidence from developing countries by Sebastian Edwards
by Trigueros, Ignacio
- 347-369 Selective policies under a structural foreign exchange shortage
by Ffrench-Davis, Ricardo & Marfan, Manuel
- 371-374 Comments on selective policies under a structural foreign exchange shortage by Ricardo Ffrench-Davis and Manuel Marfan
by Palerm, Angel
- 375-398 Monopolistic competition, credibility and the output costs of disinflation programs An analysis of price controls
by van Wijnbergen, Sweder
- 399-401 Comments on monopolistic competition, credibility and the output costs of disinflation programs: An analysis of price controls by Sweder van Wijnbergen
by Ramos Tercero, Raul
- 403-404 Comments on monopolistic competition, credibility and the output costs of disinflation programs: An analysis of price controls by Sweder van Wijnbergen
by Tellez, Luis
September 1988, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 131-156 Rural works programs in India: Costs and benefits
by Narayana, N. S. S. & Parikh, Kirit S. & Srinivasan, T. N.
- 157-183 The effects of human capital on wages, and the determinants of labor supply in a developing country
by Sahn, David E. & Alderman, Harold
- 185-198 The demand for tenure security in developing countries
by Friedman, Joseph & Jimenez, Emmanuel & Mayo, Stephen K.
- 199-227 Impact of new agricultural technology on the instability of foodgrain production and yield : Data analysis for Bangladesh and its districts
by Alauddin, Mohammad & Tisdell, Clem
- 229-232 Concentration of land holdings and income : Comment on N.T. Quan and A.Y.C. Koo
by Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 233-234 G. Wignaraja, Concentration of land holdings and income: Comment on N.T. Quan and A.Y.C. Koo : A reply
by Quan, Nguyen T. & Koo, Anthony Y. C.
- 236-238 The economic development of Japan: A quantitative study : Ryoshin Minami, (St. Martin's Press, New York, 1986) pp. 487 + xxvi
by Ito, Takatoshi
- 238-242 Agricultural prices, policy, and equity in Sub-Saharan Africa : Dharam Ghai and Lawrence D. Smith, (Lynne Reinner, Boulder, CO, 1987)
by Becker, Charles M.
- 242-244 Agriculture in a turbulent world economy : Allen Maunder, ed., (Gower, Aldershot, 1986) pp. xvi + 820, [UK pound]25.00
by Ray, Anandarup
- 244-246 A Question of class. Capital, the state and uneven development in Malaysia : Jomo Kwame Sundaram, (Oxford, Singapore, 1986) pp. xxiii + 360
by Snodgrass, Donald R.
July 1988, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-22 Limited liability, wealth differences and tenancy contracts in agrarian economies
by Shetty, Sudhir
- 23-44 Macroeconomic adjustment and income distribution : Alternative models applied to two economies
by Adelman, Irma & Robinson, Sherman
- 45-62 Does land quality matter? : Theory and measurement
by Bhalla, Surjit S.
- 63-75 Demand for India's manufactured exports
by Lucas, Robert E. B.
- 77-87 Appropriate scientific research and brain drain : A simple model
by Lien, Da-Hsiang Donald
- 89-100 Elasticities of substitution in Caribbean tourism
by Rosensweig, Jeffrey A.
- 101-110 The effect of financial liberalization on the efficiency of credit allocation : Some evidence from Korea
by Cho, Yoon Je
- 111-122 Inelastic demand for southern goods, international demonstration effects, and uneven development
by Dutt, Amitava Krishna
- 123-126 Stagflation, savings and the state: Perspectives on the global economy : Deepak Lal and Martin Wolf, eds., (Oxford University Press, for the World Bank, New York, 1986) pp. xii + 402
by Helleiner, G. K.
- 126-129 Power, labor and livelihood: Processes of change in rural Java : Gillian Hart (University of California Press, Berkeley/Los Angeles, CA, 1986)
by Mazumdar, Dipak
May 1988, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 285-307 Credibility and the dynamics of disinflation in open economies A note on the southern cone experiments
by Lachler, Ulrich
- 309-322 Migration, remittances and inequality : A sensitivity analysis using the extended Gini index
by Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo
- 323-340 Second-best agricultural policy : Getting the price of Thai rice right
by Roumasset, James & Setboonsarng, Suthad
- 341-363 The wage-goods constraint on a developing economy : Theory and evidence
by Dutta, Jayasri
- 365-376 Urban unemployment and non-immiserizing growth
by Beladi, Hamid & Naqvi, Nadeem
- 377-387 A note on international migration, non-traded goods and economic welfare in the source country
by Quibria, M. G.
- 389-395 Quota-induced rent seeking, terms of trade and national welfare : A paradox
by Anam, Mahmudul
- 397-401 Industrial Growth in India: Stagnation since the mid-sixties : Isher Judge Ahluwalia, (Oxford University Press, Delhi, 1985) pp. xxii + 235
by Smith, Stephen C.
- 401-406 Crop insurance for agricultural development: Issues and experience : Peter Hazell, Carlos Pomareda and Alberto Valdez, eds., (John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1986) pp. 322
by Roumasset, James
March 1988, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 159-173 Wage indexation, turnover, and nominal-wage changes in Brazilian manufacturing, 1966-1976
by Smith, Russell E.
- 175-191 Technology and preferences in the Boserup model of agricultural growth
by Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad
- 193-216 The effects of agricultural development policies on income distribution and technological change in agriculture
by Just, Richard E. & Zilberman, David
- 217-231 The determinants of manufacturing ownership in less developed countries : A comparative analysis
by Levy, Brian
- 233-246 Economic liberalization and income inequality : Further evidence on the Sri Lankan experience
by Glewwe, Paul
- 247-255 Liberalization and inequality in Sri Lanka : A comment
by Ravallion, Martin & Jayasuriya, Sisira
- 257-260 Response to Ravallion and Jayasuriya
by Glewwe, Paul
- 261-264 Exports, policy changes, and economic growth in developing countries after the 1973 oil shock : Comment
by Rana, Pradumna B.
- 265-276 Export-led growth and import dependence : The case of Taiwan, 1969-1981
by Chu, Wan-Wen
- 277-280 Does aid work? : Robert Cassen and associates, (Clarendon, Oxford, 1986) pp. xv + 381, hardcover [UK pound]25.00, paperback [UK pound]9.95
by Papanek, Gustav F.
- 280-283 Transforming the world economy? Nine critical essays on the new international economic order : Herb Addo, ed., (Hodder and Stoughton, London and Westview Press, Boulder, CO, in association with the United Nations University, Tokyo, 1985)
by Evans, David
February 1988, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-41 Alcohol : Demand and taxation under monopoly and oligopoly in South India in the 1970s
by Musgrave, Simon & Stern, Nicholas
- 43-62 Nutrition, health, birth order and seasonality : Intrahousehold allocation among children in rural India
by Behrman, Jere R.
- 63-81 Oil windfalls in a controlled economy : A fix-price equilibrium analysis of Algeria
by Conway, Patrick & Gelb, Alan
- 83-103 Equilibrium credit rationing of small farm agriculture
by Carter, Michael R.
- 105-110 Military expenditures in developing countries : A comment on Deger and Sen
by Lidstrom, Per & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Vedovato, Claudio
- 111-119 Supply constraints, government subsidies and industrial employment
by Sarkar, Abhirup
- 121-124 The intercountry agricultural production function and productivity differences among countries : Comment
by Moll, Peter
- 125-126 The intercountry agricultural production function and productivity differences among countries : Reply
by Kawagoe, Toshihiko & Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W.
- 127-131 Macroeconomic prospects for a small oil exporting country : Olaf Bjerkholt and Erik Offerdal, eds., (Nijhoff, Boston, MA, 1985) pp. x + 318
by Benjamin, Nancy C.
- 131-134 Studies in Indian urban development : Edwin S. Mills and Charles M. Becker (Oxford University Press, Oxford, for the World Bank, 1986) pp. viii+214
by Hewings, Geoffrey J. D.
- 134-137 Peasants, collectives and choice: Economic theory and Tanzania's villages : Louis Putterman (JAI Press, Greenwich, CT, 1986) pp. xvii+389, $57.50
by Carter, Michael R.
- 137-139 Handbook of natural resource and energy economics : Allan V. Kneese and James L. Sweeney, eds., Vol. II (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1985) D.fl. 215.00
by Lewis, Tracy R.
- 140-142 Debt and development crises in Latin America: The end of an illusion : Stephany Griffith-Jones and Osvaldo Sunkel (Clarendon, Oxford, 1986) pp. 201, $37.50
by Morley, Samuel A.
- 143-147 Labour and poverty in rural Tanzania : Paul Collier, Samir Radwan and Samuel Wangwe with Albert Wagner (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1986) pp. 296, $29.95
by Anderson, Kathryn H.
- 147-151 Agricultural household models: Extension, application and policy : Inderjit J. Singh, Lyn Squire and John Strauss, eds. (Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1986) pp. xi+335, $37.50
by Evenson, Robert E.
- 151-154 Structural change and economic development: The role of the service sector : Norman Gemmell (Macmillan, London, 1986) pp. xii+216
by Syrquin, Moshe
- 154-156 The myth of market failure, employment and the labor market in Mexico : Peter Gregory (The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD and London, for the World Bank, Washington, DC, 1986) pp. viii+299, $34.50
by Paldam, Martin
- 156-158 A changing international division of labor : James A. Caporaso, ed. (Rienner, Boulder, CO and Pinter, London, 1986) pp. xiii+249, $26.50
by Kaplinsky, Raphael
October 1987, Volume 27, Issue 1-2
- 1-4 Carlos F. Diaz-Alejandro: An appreciation
by Kindleberger, Charles P.
- 5-39 Trade patterns in developing countries, 1964-1982
by McCarthy, F. Desmond & Taylor, Lance & Talati, Cyrus
- 41-55 The narrow moving band, the Dutch disease, and the competitive consequences of Mrs. Thatcher : Notes on trade in the presence of dynamic scale economies
by Krugman, Paul
- 57-70 Credit markets and patterns of international trade
by Kletzer, Kenneth & Bardhan, Pranab
- 71-83 Collapsing exchange rate regimes
by Dornbusch, Rudiger
- 85-108 Balance of payments : A disequilibrium analysis for semi-industrialized economies
by Arida, Persio & Bacha, Edmar
- 109-125 Currency inconvertibility, trade taxes and smuggling
by de Macedo, Jorge Braga
- 127-138 Quid pro quo foreign investment and welfare : A political-economy-theoretic model
by Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Brecher, Richard A. & Dinopoulos, Elias & Srinivasan, T. N.
- 139-148 Racial discrimination, dualistic labor markets and foreign investment
by Findlay, Ronald & Lundahl, Mats
- 149-163 Labor market distortions, the structure of protection and direct foreign investment
by Buffie, Edward F.
- 165-187 Origins of the developing countries' debt crisis : 1970 to 1982
by Krueger, Anne O.
- 189-199 Latin American debt and adjustment
by Ranis, Gustav
- 201-225 Latin American development after the debt crisis
by Foxley, Alejandro
- 227-244 Deficits, debt and destabilization : The perversity of high interest rates
by Morley, Samuel A. & Fishlow, Albert
- 245-261 On the costs of temporary policy
by Calvo, Guillermo A.
- 263-283 Financial crises and balance of payments crises : A simple model of the southern cone experience
by Velasco, Andres
- 285-305 The macroeconomic effect of import controls : A Keynesian analysis
by Ocampo, JoseAntonio
- 307-338 Heterodox theory and policy : The plan austral in Argentina
by Frenkel, Roberto
- 339-353 Financial deregulation and economic performance : An attempt to relate European financial history to current LDC issues
by Kindleberger, Charles P.
- 355-374 Trends and cycles in the Peruvian economy
by Thorp, Rosemary
- 375-394 Inflation and monetary stabilization in Mexico during the revolution
by Caardenas, Enrique & Manns, Carlos
- 395-419 Investments in schooling in two generations in pre-revolutionary Nicaragua : The roles of family background and school supply
by Behrman, Jere R. & Wolfe, Barbara L.
August 1987, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 201-221 Educational expansion, government policy and wage compression
by Knight, J. B. & Sabot, R. H.
- 223-234 Age at marriage in Malaysia : A hazard model of marriage timing
by Anderson, Kathryn H. & Hill, M. Anne & Butler, J. S.
- 235-255 Coping with a decline in world energy prices : Macroeconomic and income distribution effects in Thailand
by Grais, W. M.
- 257-275 An error-correction approach to money demand : The case of Sudan
by Domowitz, Ian & Elbadawi, Ibrahim
- 277-289 Comparing technical efficiency between import-substitution-oriented and export-oriented foreign firms in a developing economy
by Chen, Tain-jy & Tang, De-piao
- 291-300 Economic growth and structure of domestic absorption : Evidence from internationally comparable data
by Ram, Rati
- 301-309 Elasticities of import demand and economic development : The Irish Experience
by Boylan, T. A. & Cuddy, M. P.
- 311-319 Customs union and unemployment in LDCs
by Parai, Amar K. & Batra, Raveendra N.
- 321-341 Real wage rigidity and optimal commercial policy in less developed countries
by Buffie, Edward
- 343-355 Export promotion as a development strategy
by Rotemberg, Julio J.
- 357-374 Measuring inequality change in an economy with income growth
by Fields, Gary S.
- 375-395 International technology transfer : A model of endogenous technological assimilation
by Succar, Patricia
- 397-405 Unemployment and the formation of duty-free zones
by Young, Leslie & Miyagiwa, Kaz F.
- 407-418 Diligence and laziness in the Chinese countryside revisited
by Nitzan, Shmuel & Schnytzer, Adi
- 419-422 Multicountry investment analysis : Loet B.M. Mennes and Ardy J. Stoutjesdijk, (The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1985) pp. xii + 228, $25.00 hardcover, $12.00 paperback
by Cremer, Jacques
- 423-425 An analytical and empirical investigation of agriculture in Mainland, China, 1952-1980 : Anthony M. Tang, (Chuang-Hua Institution for Economic Research, Taipei, 1984, distributed by University of Washington Press, Seattle, WA) pp. xvii + 229, $25.00
by Pasteur, Louis
- 426-428 Peru and the International Monetary Fund : Thomas Scheetz, Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, PA, 1986) pp. 257
by Morrison, Andrew R.
- 428-431 Change and challenge in the world economy : Bela Balassa, (St. Martin's Press, New York, 1985) pp. xxxviii + 484
by Behrman, Jere R.
- 432-436 Economic structure and performance : Moshe Syrquin, Lance Taylor and Larry Westphal, eds., (Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, New York, 1984)
by Pyatt, Graham
June 1987, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-15 Foreign capital and the contractionary impact of currency devaluation, with an application to Jamaica
by Barbone, Luca & Rivera-Batiz, Francisco
- 17-23 Growth accounting with intermediate inputs and the transmission of technical change
by Syrquin, Moshe
- 25-35 A simple macro model for a small open economy facing a binding external constraint (Chile)
by Meller, Patricio & Solimano, Andres
- 37-53 Exchange rate differential and balance of payments under dual exchange markets
by Lizondo, JoseSaul
- 55-63 Causality between export growth and industrial development : Empirial evidence from the NICs
by Chow, Peter C. Y.
- 65-76 On closure rules, homogeneity and dynamics in applied general equilibrium models
by Dewatripont, Mathias & Michel, Gilles
- 77-101 Distributional and revenue raising arguments for tariffs
by Heady, Christopher J. & Mitra, Pradeep K.
- 103-127 The incentive problem and the demise of team farming in China
by Putterman, Louis
- 129-143 Foreign exchange controls in a black market economy
by Greenwood, Jeremy & Kimbrough, Kent P.
- 145-162 Tariff change, foreign capital and immiserization A general equilibrium evaluation of the Latin American case
by Mercenier, Jean
- 163-167 DRC criteria : Comment on Lucas
by Pursell, Gary & Tower, Edward
- 169-171 On the theory of DRC criteria Reply to Pursell and Tower
by Lucas, Robert E. B.
- 173-174 Resolution Ex ante versus ex post DRC's and the possibility of negative shadow prices
by Lucas, Robert E. B. & Pursell, Garry & Tower, Edward
- 176-178 World finance and adjustment: An agenda for reform : Graham Bird (Houndmills, Basingstoke/Macmillan, London, 1985) pp. xiii + 353
by Kawai, Masahiro
- 179-181 What is political economy? : Martin Staniland, (Yale University Press, New Haven, CT/London, 1985) pp. 229, $25.00
by Toye, John
- 181-184 Communism and development : Robert Bideleux, (Methuen, New York, 1985) pp. 315, $25.00
by Bengelsdorf, Carollee & Deere, Carmen Diana
- 184-189 North-South technology transfer -- A case study of petrochemicals in Latin America : Mariluz Cortes and Peter Bocock, (The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1984) pp. viii + 176, $25.00
by Pack, Howard
- 185-185 Technological capability in the third world : Martin Fransman and Kenneth King, eds., (Macmillan, London, 1984) pp. x + 404, [UK pound]30.00
by Pack, Howard
- 185-185 Multinationals, technology and exports : Sanjaya Lall, (Macmillan, London, 1985) pp. xii + 298, [UK pound]25.00
by Pack, Howard
- 190-193 Standing guard: Protecting foreign capital in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries : Charles Lipson, (University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, 1985) pp. xvii + 332, $34.95 cloth, $11.95 paperback
by Cantwell, John
- 193-194 The Cassava economy of Java : Walter P. Falcon, William O. Jones, Scott R. Pearson et al., (Stanford University Press, Stanford, CA, 1984) pp. xvii +212
by Hart, Gillian
- 194-196 International dimensions of land reform : John D. Montgomery, ed., (Westview, Boulder, CO/London, 1984) pp. ix + 239, $20.00
by de Janvry, Alain
- 197-200 Agricultural development: An international perspective : Yujiro Hayami and Vernon W. Ruttan, (Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1985) pp. 512, $39.50 hardcover, $18.95 paperback
by Hazell, Peter & Herdt, Robert
April 1987, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 263-284 The consumption benefits of investment in infrastructure : The evaluation of sites-and-services programs in underdeveloped countries
by Kaufmann, Daniel & Quigley, John M.
- 285-299 The term structure of interest rates during a financial reform: Argentina 1977-81
by Leiderman, Leonardo & Blejer, Mario I.
- 301-319 Optimal disease control through combined use of preventive and curative measures
by Wiemer, Calla
- 321-327 Employment, output and the choice of techniques : The trade-off revisited
by Gang, Ira N. & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis
- 329-352 The role of husband's and wife's economic activity status in the demand for children
by Wong, Yue-chim
- 353-367 Government intervention in industry : The case of Israel
by Bregman, Arie
- 369-384 Intermediate goods and the formation of duty-free zones
by Young, Leslie
- 385-392 Country risk and political instability
by Citron, Joel-Tomas & Nickelsburg, Gerald
February 1987, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-19 Patterns of regional growth in Yugoslavia, 1952-83
by Milanovic, Branko
- 21-32 Imported technologies, urban unemployment and the North-South dialogue
by Batra, Raveendra N. & Lahiri, Sajal
- 33-43 Economic analysis of brain drain
by Lien, Da-Hsiang Donald
- 45-61 The new structuralist critique of the monetarist theory of inflation : The case of the Philippines
by Lim, Joseph
- 63-88 A short-run general equilibrium model for a small, open economy
by Levy, Santiago
- 89-104 International policy coordination and growth prospects of developing countries : An optimal control application
by Marquez, Jaime & Pauly, Peter
- 105-124 Allocation of goods through non-price mechanisms : Evidence on distribution by willingness to wait
by Alderman, Harold
- 125-148 Foreign borrowing and macroeconomic adjustment to external shocks
by Kharas, Homi J. & Shishido, Hisanobu
- 149-165 The choice of an optimum exchange currency regime for a small economy : An econometric analysis
by Nascimento, Jean-Claude
- 167-196 Technical change, employment, and supply response of agriculture in the Nile Delta : A system-wide approach
by Esfahani, Hadi Salehi
- 197-220 User cost and housing tenure in developing countries
by Malpezzi, Stephen & Mayo, Stephen K.
- 221-234 Immigrant decisions concerning duration of stay and migratory frequency
by Hill, John K.
- 235-249 Illegal aliens, unemployment and immigration policy
by Djajic, Slobodan
- 251-261 A note on Eaton and Gersovitz's model of borrowing
by Morgan, John B.
December 1986, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 203-223 Farm price responsiveness and the choice of functional form : An application to rice cultivation in West Malaysia
by Haughton, Jonathan
- 225-237 Sources of changes in factor intensity of trade
by Syrquin, Moshe & Urata, Shujiro
- 239-248 Commodity concentration and export earnings instability : A shift from cross-section to time series analysis
by Love, James
- 249-254 National ownership requirements and transfer pricing
by Falvey, Rodney E. & Harold O. Fried
- 255-274 The distribution of income in Sri Lanka in 1969-1970 and 1980-1981 : A decomposition analysis
by Glewwe, Paul
- 275-291 Agricultural non-wage production and health status : A case study in a tropical environment
by Audibert, Martine
- 293-316 Commodity market stabilisation and North-South income transfers : An empirical investigation
by Hughes Hallett, A. J.
- 317-329 The credit market and rural development : A model of a Land Resettlement Scheme
by Evans, David B.
- 331-358 Coastal state fishery development : Foreign fleets and optimal investment dynamics
by Charles, Anthony T.
- 359-370 Changes in income distribution over time in a one-sector neoclassical setting
by Chu, Yun-peng
- 371-400 A firm-level chronicle of financial crises in the Southern Cone
by Tybout, James
November 1986, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-27 Oil-price effects in theory and practice
by Marquez, Jaime
- 29-57 Uncertainty, expectations of devaluation, and the real exchange rate
by Kaminsky, Graciela Laura
- 59-74 A methodology for measuring food poverty applied to Kenya
by Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik
- 75-89 Capital utilization, economies of scale and technical change in the growth of total factor productivity : An Explanation of South Korean manufacturing Growth
by Kwon, Jene K.
- 91-109 Trade policy, market distortions, and agriculture in the process of economic development Brazil, 1950-1974
by Carmo Oliveira, Joao do
- 111-117 Labor intensity, employment growth and technical change : An Example from Starch Processing in Indonesia
by Nelson, Gerald C.
- 119-129 The production characteristics of multinational firms and the effects of tax incentives : The Case of Taiwan's Electronics Industry
by Chen, Tain-Jy & Tang, De-Piao
- 131-139 Factor proportions in Israel's manufacturing trade 1965-1982
by Baruh, Joseph
- 141-152 North-south trade : Export-led Growth with Abundant Labour
by McIntosh, James
- 153-166 An ex-ante model for estimating the impact on trade flows of a country's joining a customs union
by Corado, Cristina & De Melo, Jaime
- 167-177 Export growth performance of less-developed countries
by Rittenberg, Libby
- 179-195 Offered wage and recipient attribute : Wage Functions for Rural Labour in India
by Rajaraman, Indira
- 197-200 A note on variables and observations in factor analysis : A Reply
by Bumb, Balu
- 201-201 More on the employment effects of innovation : A Correction
by Hagen, Everett E.
October 1986, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 205-226 A divergence hypothesis
by Rothschild, Emma
- 227-247 Exchange rate management and stabilization policies in developing countries
by Van Wijnbergen, Sweder
- 249-274 The direction of trade -- past and present -- and the learning effects of exports to different directions
by Amsden, Alice H.
- 275-292 The timing of regional development
by Vernon Henderson, J.
- 293-311 Closing the gap : The employment and unemployment effects of minimum wage policy in Puerto Rico
by Santiago, Carlos E.
- 313-332 Landlords, tenants and technological innovations
by Braverman, Avishay & Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 333-354 Sharecropping and the capitalist transition in agriculture : Some evidence from the highlands of Ecuador
by Lehmann, David
- 355-369 Subsistence first farm allocation decisions in senegal
by Hammer, Jeffrey S.
- 371-387 North-South interaction and commod control
by Kanbur, S. M. Ravi & Vines, David
- 389-392 Latin America in the 1930's: The role of the periphery in world crisis : Rosemary Thorp, ed., (Macmillan, London, for St. Anthony's College, Oxford, 1984), $30.00
by Fishlow, Albert