Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development," Post-Print halshs-00754487, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chau, Nancy H. & Huysentruyt, Marieke, 2006. "Nonprofits and public good provision: A contest based on compromises," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1909-1935, November.
- Timothy Besley & Maitreesh Ghatak, 2001.
"Government Versus Private Ownership of Public Goods,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1343-1372.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2001. "Government versus Private Ownership of Public Goods," CEPR Discussion Papers 2725, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel M. McCleary & Robert J. Barro, 2006. "U.S.-Based Private Voluntary Organizations: Religious and Secular PVOs Engaged in International Relief & Development," NBER Working Papers 12238, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Micklewright, John & Wright, Anna, 2003. "Private Donations for International Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 082, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rowat, Colin & Seabright, Paul, 2006.
"Intermediation by aid agencies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 469-491, April.
- Rowat, Colin & Seabright, Paul, 2004. "Intermediation by Aid Agencies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4781, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Colin Rowat and Paul Seabright, 2005. "Intermediation by aid agencies," Discussion Papers 05-16, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Colin Rowat & Paul Seabright, 2004. "Intermediation by aid agencies," Industrial Organization 0412007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Okten, Cagla & Weisbrod, Burton A., 2000. "Determinants of donations in private nonprofit markets," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 255-272, February.
- Bruno Frey & Matthias Benz & Alois Stutzer, 2004.
"Introducing Procedural Utility: Not Only What, but Also How Matters,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 160(3), pages 377-377, September.
- Bruno S. Frey & Matthias Benz & Alois Stutzer, "undated". "Introducing Procedural Utility: Not only What, but also How Matters," IEW - Working Papers 129, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Matthias Benz & Alois Stutzer, 2003. "Introducing Procedural Utility: Not only What, but also How Matters," CREMA Working Paper Series 2003-02, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Bilodeau, Marc & Slivinski, Al, 1997. "Rival charities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 449-467, December.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-1458, December.
- James Andreoni & A. Abigail Payne, 2003. "Do Government Grants to Private Charities Crowd Out Giving or Fund-raising?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 792-812, June.
- Feigenbaum, Susan, 1987. "Competition and Performance in the Nonprofit Sector: The Case of U.S. Medical Research Charities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 241-253, March.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
More about this item
KeywordsNGOs Monopolistic competition Giving Non-distribution constraint;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:91:y:2010:i:1:p:48-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.