Nonprofits and public good provision: A contest based on compromises
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Susan Rose-Ackerman, 1996. "Altruism, Nonprofits, and Economic Theory," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 701-728, June.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001.
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 99-115, July.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Not-For-Profit Entrepreneurs," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1852, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Not-For-Profit Entrepreneurs," NBER Working Papers 6810, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Francois, 2003. "Not-For-Profit Provision of Public Services," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 53-61, March.
- Timothy Besley & Stephen Coate, 1997.
"An Economic Model of Representative Democracy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 85-114.
- Tim Besley & Stephen Coate, "undated". ""An Economic Model of Representative Democracy''," CARESS Working Papres 95-02, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Tim Besley & Stephen Coate, "undated". "An Economic Model of Representative Democracy," Penn CARESS Working Papers ecf70d639d700dba5327ab0c8, Penn Economics Department.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33078971 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ballou, Jeffrey P. & Weisbrod, Burton A., 2003. "Managerial rewards and the behavior of for-profit, governmental, and nonprofit organizations: evidence from the hospital industry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 1895-1920, September.
- Kanika Kapur & Burton A. Weisbrod, 2000.
"The Roles of Government and Nonprofit Suppliers in Mixed Industries,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 28(4), pages 275-308, July.
- Kanika Kapur & Burton A. Weisbrod, "undated". "The Roles of Government and Nonprofit Suppliers in Mixed Industries," IPR working papers 99-9, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Vesterlund, Lise, 2003. "The informational value of sequential fundraising," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3-4), pages 627-657, March.
- Mark Duggan, 2002. "Hospital Market Structure and the Behavior of Not-For-Profit Hospitals," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 433-446, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jens Prüfer, 2011.
"Competition And Mergers Among Nonprofits,"
Journal of Competition Law and Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 69-92.
- Prüfer, J., 2007. "Competition and Mergers among Nonprofits," Discussion Paper 2007-022, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Prüfer, J., 2011. "Competition and mergers among nonprofits," Other publications TiSEM d7dab541-8239-4c10-bd69-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Prüfer, J., 2007. "Competition and Mergers among Nonprofits," Discussion Paper 2007-82, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry, 2010.
"Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development," Post-Print halshs-00754487, HAL.
- Krautheim, Sebastian & Verdier, Thierry, 2012. "Globalization, Credence Goods and International Civil Society," CEPR Discussion Papers 9232, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2010. "The Right Price of Food: Reflections on the Political Economy of Policy Analysis and Communication," LICOS Discussion Papers 25910, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Lea Cassar, 2014.
"Optimal contracting with endogenous project mission,"
ECON - Working Papers
150, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Oct 2014.
- Lea Cassar, 2016. "Optimal Contracting with Endogenous Project Mission," CESifo Working Paper Series 6181, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gil S. Epstein & Ira N. Gang, 2006. "Contests, NGOs, and Decentralizing Aid," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 285-296, May.
- Krautheim, Sebastian & Verdier, Thierry, 2016. "Offshoring with endogenous NGO activism," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 22-41.
- Halonen-Akatwijuka, Maija & Pafilis, Evagelos, 2014. "Location and ownership of public goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 395-397.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:50:y:2006:i:8:p:1909-1935. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.