The Roles of Government and Nonprofit Suppliers in Mixed Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kanika Kapur & Burton A. Weisbrod, 2000. "The Roles of Government and Nonprofit Suppliers in Mixed Industries," Public Finance Review, , vol. 28(4), pages 275-308, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Badelt, Christoph & Weiss, Peter, 1990. "Specialization, Product Differentiation and Ownership Structure in Personal Social Services: The Case of Nursery Schools," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 69-89.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1994. "Nonprofit Organizations in the Health Sector," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 129-144, Fall.
- Paul J. Devereux & Burton A. Weisbrod, "undated". "Complaints and Geographic Mobility as Responses to Dissatisfaction with Public Services," IPR working papers 96-20, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Richard Steinberg & Burton A. Weisbrod, "undated". "Pricing and Rationing by Nonprofit Organizations with Distributional Objectives," IPR working papers 97-28, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stijn VAN PUYVELDE & Marc JEGERS, 2016. "Heterogeneity and self-selection into nonprofit management," CIRIEC Working Papers 1603, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
- Steinberg, Richard & Weisbrod, Burton A., 2005. "Nonprofits with distributional objectives: price discrimination and corner solutions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(11-12), pages 2205-2230, December.
- Ballou, Jeffrey P. & Weisbrod, Burton A., 2003. "Managerial rewards and the behavior of for-profit, governmental, and nonprofit organizations: evidence from the hospital industry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 1895-1920, September.
- Jeffrey P. Ballou, 2008. "Do Nonprofit And Government Nursing Homes Enter Unprofitable Markets?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 241-260, April.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Huysentruyt, Marieke, 2006. "Nonprofits and public good provision: A contest based on compromises," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1909-1935, November.
- Shabbar Jaffry & Alexandros Apostolakis, 2011. "Evaluating individual preferences for the British Museum," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 35(1), pages 49-75, February.
- Lam, Marcus & Klein, Sacha & Freisthler, Bridget & Weiss, Robert E., 2013. "Child center closures: Does nonprofit status provide a comparative advantage?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 525-534.
- Jody Sindelar & Todd Olmstead, 2004. "Does the Impact of Managed Care on Substance Abuse Treatment Services Vary By Profit Status?," NBER Working Papers 10745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Di Giorgio, L. & Filippini, M. & Masiero, G., 2015. "Structural and managerial cost differences in nonprofit nursing homes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 289-298.
- Laura Di Giorgio & Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero, 2012. "The impact of the institutional form on the cost efficiency of nursing homes," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 1203, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Burcay Erus & Burton Weisbrod, 2003. "Objective Functions and Compensation Structures in Nonprofit and For-Profit Organizations. Evidence from the "Mixed" Hospital Industry," NBER Chapters,in: The Governance of Not-for-Profit Organizations, pages 117-142 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:nwuipr:99-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipnwuus.html .