The impact of the institutional form on the cost efficiency of nursing homes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haskel, Jonathan & Sanchis, Amparo, 1995.
"Privatisation and X-Inefficiency: A Bargaining Approach,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 301-321, September.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Sanchis, Amparo, 1995. "Privatization and X-Inefficiency: A Bargaining Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 1192, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008.
"Economies of Scale and Efficiency Measurement in Switzerland's Nursing Homes,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 359-378, September.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008. "Economies of scale and efficiency measurement in Switzerland's Nursing homes," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 0801, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Anke S. Kessler & Christoph Lülfesmann, 2001. "Monitoring and Productive Efficiency in Public and Private Firms," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 58(2), pages 167-167, February.
- Waldman, Donald M., 1982. "A stationary point for the stochastic frontier likelihood," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 275-279, February.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2008. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9787111235767, March.
- R. G. Evans, 1971. "'Behavioural' Cost Functions for Hospitals," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 4(2), pages 198-215, May.
- Mark G. Duggan, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Public Medical Spending," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1343-1373.
- Susan Rose-Ackerman, 1996. "Altruism, Nonprofits, and Economic Theory," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 701-728, June.
- Vitaliano, Donald F. & Toren, Mark, 1994. "Cost and efficiency in nursing homes: a stochastic frontier approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 281-300, October.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2004. "An Empirical Analysis of Cost Efficiency in Non-profit and Public Nursing Homes," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(3), pages 339-365, September.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Andrew Worthington & Brian Dollery, 2000. "Efficiency Measurement in the Local Public Sector: Econometric and Mathematical Programming Frontier Techniques," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 078, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Patrick W. Schmitz, 2000.
"Partial Privatization and Incomplete Contracts: The Proper Scope of Government Reconsidered,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 57(4), pages 394-411, August.
- Schmitz, Patrick W., 2000. "Partial Privatization and Incomplete Contracts: The Proper Scope of Government Reconsidered," MPRA Paper 13447, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kanika Kapur & Burton A. Weisbrod, 2000.
"The Roles of Government and Nonprofit Suppliers in Mixed Industries,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 28(4), pages 275-308, July.
- Kanika Kapur & Burton A. Weisbrod, "undated". "The Roles of Government and Nonprofit Suppliers in Mixed Industries," IPR working papers 99-9, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30727607 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grosskopf, S. & Valdmanis, V., 1987. "Measuring hospital performance : A non-parametric approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 89-107, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Giorgio, Laura & Filippini, Massimo & Masiero, Giuliano, 2014.
"Implications of global budget payment system on nursing home costs,"
Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 237-248.
- Laura Di Giorgio & Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero, 2012. "Implications of global budget payment system on nursing home costs," CEPRA working paper 1301, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
More about this item
Keywordsconstant inefficiency; unobserved heterogeneity; nursing homes; nonprofit; institutional form;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2012-03-21 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HEA-2012-03-21 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lug:wpaper:1203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessio Tutino). General contact details of provider: https://www.bul.sbu.usi.ch .