Sources of investment inefficiency: The case of fixed-asset investment in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Duo Qin & Haiyan Song, 2007. "Sources of Investment Inefficiency: The Case of Fixed-Asset Investment in China," Working Papers 584, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
References listed on IDEAS
- Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Quising, Pilipinas & He, Xin-Hua, 2006.
"How much does investment drive economic growth in China?,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 751-774, October.
- Duo Qin & Marie Anne Cagas & Pilipinas Quising & Xin-Hua He, 2005. "How Much Does Investment Drive Economic Growth in China?," Working Papers 545, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gerard, 1998. "Federalism and the Soft Budget Constraint," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1143-1162, December.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kao, Chihwa & Chiang, Min-Hsien & Chen, Bangtian, 1999.
" International R&D Spillovers: An Application of Estimation and Inference in Panel Cointegration,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 691-709, Special I.
- Chihwa Kao & Min-Hsien Chiang & Bangtian Chen, 1999. "International R&D Spillovers: An Application of Estimation and Inference in Panel Cointegration," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 4, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher, 1994. "Parametric Estimation of Technical and Allocative Inefficiency with Panel Data," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 231-243, February.
- Caballero, Ricardo J., 1999. "Aggregate investment," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 813-862 Elsevier.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Primont, Daniel, 2002. "Stochastic estimation of firm technology, inefficiency, and productivity growth using shadow cost and distance functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 203-225, June.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Alwyn Young, 2000. "The Razor's Edge: Distortions and Incremental Reform in the People's Republic of China," NBER Working Papers 7828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sun, Laixiang, 1998. "Estimating Investment Functions Based on Cointegration: The Case of China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 175-191, March.
- Song, Haiyan & Liu, Zinan & Jiang, Ping, 2001. "Analysing the determinants of China's aggregate investment in the reform period," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 227-242.
- Xiaoyuan Dong & Louis Putterman, 2000. "Investigating the Rise of Labor Redundancy in China's State Industry," Working Papers 2000-09, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Zhang, Tao & Zou, Heng-fu, 1998.
"Fiscal decentralization, public spending, and economic growth in China,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 221-240, February.
- Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 1996. "Fiscal decentralization, public spending, and economic growth in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1608, The World Bank.
- Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 2001. "Fiscal decentralization, public spending, and economic growth in China," CEMA Working Papers 58, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Eduardo M. R. A. Engel & John C. Haltiwanger, 1995. "Plant-Level Adjustment and Aggregate Investment Dynamics," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(2), pages 1-54.
- Morris Goldstein & Nicholas R. Lardy, 2004. "What Kind of Landing for the Chinese Economy?," Policy Briefs PB04-07, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Zhiqiang Liu, 2001. "Efficiency and Firm Ownership: Some New Evidence," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(4), pages 481-496, December.
- Peter Phillips & Hyungsik Moon, 2000.
"Nonstationary panel data analysis: an overview of some recent developments,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 263-286.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Hyungsik R. Moon, 1999. "Nonstationary Panel Data Analysis: An Overview of Some Recent Developments," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1221, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bai, Chong-en & Li, David D. & Wang, Yijiang, 1997. "Enterprise Productivity and Efficiency: When Is Up Really Down?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 265-280, June.
- André Sapir & Daniel Begg & Alasdair Smith & Charles Wyplosz & Carl Hamilton & L. Alan Winters & Francesco Giavazzi & Victor Norman & Jean-Pierre Danthine & Damien Neven, 1990. "Monitoring European integration: the impact of Eastern Europe :a CEPR annual report," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8224, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1996. "Whither Socialism?," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262691825, January.
- Alwyn Young, 2000. "The Razor's Edge: Distortions and Incremental Reform in the People's Republic of China," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1091-1135.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Liu, Xiaoxuan & Song, Lina, 2011.
"Internal finance and growth: Microeconometric evidence on Chinese firms,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 79-94, September.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Xiaoxuan Liu & Lina Song, "undated". "Internal Finance and Growth: Microeconometric Evidence on Chinese Firms," Discussion Papers 08/37, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Liu, Xiaoxuan & Song, Lina, 2008. "Internal Finance and Growth: Microeconometric Evidence on Chinese Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 3808, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alessandra Guariglia & Xiaoxuan Liu & Lina Song, "undated". "Internal Finance and Growth: Microeconometric Evidence on Chinese Firms," Discussion Papers 09/11, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Il Houng Lee & Murtaza H Syed & Liu Xueyan, 2012. "Is China Over-Investing and Does it Matter?," IMF Working Papers 12/277, International Monetary Fund.
- Lilai Xu (ed.), 2011. "China’s Economy in the Post-WTO Environment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14270.
- Zhao, Xingrong & Zhang, Xi & Shao, Shuai, 2016. "Decoupling CO2 emissions and industrial growth in China over 1993–2013: The role of investment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 275-292.
- Tang, Ya & Xu, Jianguo & Zhang, Xun, 2017. "China's investment and rate of return on capital revisited," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 12-25.
- Chen, Shiyi & Jefferson, Gary H. & Zhang, Jun, 2011. "Structural change, productivity growth and industrial transformation in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 133-150, March.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, "undated".
"Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms,"
12/04, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- John Knight & Sai Ding and Alessandra Guariglia, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," Economics Series Working Papers 520, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," Working Papers 2010_32, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Ding, Sai & Guariglia, Alessandra & Knight, John, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-110, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," Working Papers 2010_05, Durham University Business School.
- Matthias Duschl & Shi-Shu Peng, 2013. "Chinese firm dynamics and the role of ownership type A conditional estimation approach of the Asymmetric Exponential Power (AEP) density," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2014-01, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- EZZAHID, Elhadj & NIHOU, Abdelaziz, 2017. "Capital deepening and efficiency in Morocco," MPRA Paper 82143, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mylène Gaulard, 2014. "Les dangers de la bulle immobilière chinoise," Revue Tiers-Monde, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 77-96.
- Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Park, Donghyun & Shin, Kwanho, 2016. "Effects of the People’s Republic of China’s Structural Change on the Exports of East and Southeast Asian Economies," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 492, Asian Development Bank.
- Kang, Fei & Hauge, Janice A. & Lu, Ting-Jie, 2012. "Competition and mobile network investment in China’s telecommunications industry," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 901-913.
- Chen, Shenglan & Lin, Bingxuan & Lu, Rui & Ma, Hui, 2016. "Pay for accounting performance and R&D investment: Evidence from China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 142-153.
- Il Houng Lee & Murtaza H Syed & Liu Xueyan, 2013. "China’s Path to Consumer-Based Growth; Reorienting Investment and Enhancing Efficiency," IMF Working Papers 13/83, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:bla:chinae:v:25:y:2017:i:3:p:1-30 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOver-investment Efficiency Soft-budget constraint;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H74 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Borrowing
- P3 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:90:y:2009:i:1:p:94-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.