Social affiliation and the demand for health services: Caste and child health in South India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron Ayres & Manuela Torrijos Simon, 2003. "Education, Poverty and Sustainable Livelihoods in Tamil Nadu: Inequalities, opportunities and constraints," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 211-229.
- Navaneetham, K. & Dharmalingam, A., 2002. "Utilization of maternal health care services in Southern India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(10), pages 1849-1869, November.
- Ashwini Deshpande, 2002. "Assets versus Autonomy? The Changing Face of the Gender-Caste Overlap in India," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 19-35.
- Sarah Burgard, 2002. "Does race matter? Children’s height in Brazil and South Africa," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 39(4), pages 763-790, November.
- Oecd, 2003. "Gender and Economic Reform," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 7-42.
- Alok Bhargava & Sadia Chowdhury & K. K. Singh, 2006.
"Healthcare infrastructure, contraceptive use and infant mortality in Uttar Pradesh, India,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 23, pages 319-335
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Bhargava, Alok & Chowdhury, Sadia & Singh, K.K., 2005. "Healthcare infrastructure, contraceptive use and infant mortality in Uttar Pradesh, India," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 388-404, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.060103_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2004. "Strained mercy : The quality of medical care in Delhi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3228, The World Bank.
- Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Baker, Timothy D., 2003. "The impact of the national polio immunization campaign on levels and equity in immunization coverage: evidence from rural North India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(10), pages 1807-1819, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ciro Avitabile, 2011.
"Spillover Effects in Healthcare Programs: Evidence on Social Norms and Information Sharing,"
CSEF Working Papers
271, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 14 Mar 2011.
- Avitabile, Ciro, 2013. "Spillover Effects in Healthcare Programs: Evidence on Social Norms and Information Sharing," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4201, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Carletto, Calogero, 2012. "Migration and gender differences in the home labour market: Evidence from Albania," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 870-880.
- Naureen Karachiwalla, 2019.
"A Teacher Unlike Me: Social Distance, Learning, and Intergenerational Mobility in Developing Countries,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(2), pages 225-271.
- Karachiwalla, Naureen, 2013. "A teacher unlike me: Social distance, learning, and intergenerational mobility in developing countries," MPRA Paper 64439, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 May 2015.
- Echávarri, Rebeca & Husillos, Javier, 2016. "The Missing Link Between Parents’ Preferences and Daughters’ Survival: The Moderator Effect of Societal Discrimination," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 372-385.
- repec:oup:ereveh:v:21:y:2017:i:2:p:159-184. is not listed on IDEAS
- Renuka Mahadevan & Sandy Suardi, 2012. "Impact of socio-economic factors and social affiliation on living standards: a quantile regression approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(13), pages 1231-1236, September.
- repec:kap:jrefec:v:59:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11146-018-9672-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:203-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2005.
"Why is Mobility in India so Low? Social Insurance, Inequality, and Growth,"
CID Working Papers
121, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2009. "Why is Mobility in India so Low? Social Insurance, Inequality, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 14850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Suardi, Sandy, 2013. "Is there a role for caste and religion in food security policy? A look at rural India," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 58-69.
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Mansuri, Ghazala, 2011. "Crossing boundaries : gender, caste and schooling in rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5710, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:83:y:2007:i:2:p:256-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.